New to SF, Long-time player

handshakeguy

Hello!  I've lurked around Serenes for a few years, mainly when I wanted resources, but have only just made an account to post.  I've also floated around Fire Emblem Reddit and Twitter, posting little.

I'm mainly interested in chatting casually or contributing to analyses.  There's a lot I have to say about the series, but I'm not a video creator or anything, so I don't have a specific outlet for that - I just like to talk to people about it.  I see in the rules that there's a contribution quota for the Discord, so that's probably my goal for now.

My first exposure to Fire Emblem was Marth in SSBM, some 18 years ago.  I read "Fire Emblem" on his trophy description, and would listen to the Melee version of the Recruitment theme often when www.wario.com was a fanmade music player with Nintendo soundtracks, casually fascinated with a series I couldn't play.  I even asked my parents if we could move to Japan so I could try it when I was about 6 years old.  They said no.

The first time I played an FE game was a friend's copy of Path of Radiance in 2006 at his house.  He didn't care for it, and said if I ever got a GameCube I could have his copy, but we lost touch.  Another friend I made the following year taught me to use emulators, and I beat the GBA trilogy of FE games.  Newly obsessed with the franchise, I went to the first friend's house unannounced after not talking for 3 years, asking if I could still have Path of Radiance.  For some reason, he said yes, and I still have that copy.

I've beaten every mainline Fire Emblem game, including old versions like FE1 and Gaiden and each Fates/SS route, at least once.  I've played but-but-not-beaten Warriors and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, I currently play Heroes after a 2-year break (Nino strats still win every time), and I have not played the honorary/auxiliary FE games like TearRing Saga - though I'd like to.  I can't choose a favorite between Genealogy of the Holy War, Sacred Stones, and Radiant Dawn.  I can't pick a favorite character, but I'll say Wolf to manifest him getting into Heroes.

8 hours ago, handshakeguy said:

The first time I played an FE game was a friend's copy of Path of Radiance in 2006 at his house.  He didn't care for it, and said if I ever got a GameCube I could have his copy, but we lost touch.  Another friend I made the following year taught me to use emulators, and I beat the GBA trilogy of FE games.  Newly obsessed with the franchise, I went to the first friend's house unannounced after not talking for 3 years, asking if I could still have Path of Radiance.  For some reason, he said yes, and I still have that copy.

Nice, that's a cool story. I would treasure that copy forever if I were you, even if it is worth 200 dollars.

Welcome to the Forest, HandshakeGuy! *shakes hand*

21 hours ago, handshakeguy said:

I even asked my parents if we could move to Japan so I could try it when I was about 6 years old.  They said no.

Lol.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Welcome aboard!  I loved that story about the PoR disk and you asking for it; it's funny how one or two random coincidences can completely alter a passion in life. (Similar coincidences happened with me and that game as well.)

If you ever wanna chat about the series, I would be down to clown, I havent got a chance to play the games before awakening besides fe1 that got rereleased, so I have been watching the whole games on YouTube gameplay and all lol, I play FEH everyday if you play that as well 😊 but welcome aboard I'm very new here as well!