Let's Draft Super Robot Wars V!

Excellen Browning

yftZdSK.jpg

What is a draft?
Simply put, in a draft players take turns selecting units and then complete the game using only those units. The goal is to complete the game in as few turns as possible but if you don't want to compete that's ok too, I'm not your real dad.

That sounds hard
Fortunately, modern SRW games are pretty easy and there are a number of good units that will be free to use for everybody. I don't foresee players having much trouble just completing the game.

How do I report my progress?
However you like! Just post turncounts, detailed strategies, screenshots, a full on LP, anything you want.

How do I sign up?
Post in the thread!

The Rules
-The game is Super Robot Wars V. Any platform.
-There will be 4-5 players.
-Use a fresh save file. No New Game +.
-Normal difficulty
-Every SR point will give you a 1 turn bonus to your final turncount and the secret ending will give you a 5 turn bonus
-Grungust and Huckebein DLC  is allowed however you will need to count the turns for their recruitment chapter.
-Other DLC is not allowed.
-The following Secret Scenarios do not count against your final turncount: The Black Brave Express (Black Mightgaine recruitment), Thought Patterns (Bonta-Kun recruitment), Come The Messenger (Shinji upgrade) and Supporting a Long Journey (Melda recruitment)
-All originals and battleships are free to use for everybody.
-All other units must be drafted to use. Use of an undrafted unit is a 5 turn penalty.
-When you draft a unit you also draft their upgrades.
-Pilot switching is allowed. For instance if you draft Zeta Gundam you can have Judau pilot it even if you didn't draft ZZ.
-You may not deploy an undrafted unit, unless the game forces it or you need the undrafted unit to convince/persuade.
-Undrafted units can: convince/persuade and sit on a battleship. Undrafted units cannot: attack or be attacked, cast spirits other than Accel to get out of combat faster, be used for combination attacks, command auras, support attack or support defend.
-If there is no battleship to retreat to, force deployed undrafted units are free to use. When a battleship reappears they go back to the standard rules.

As an example, say the start of Chapter 20 has Mightgaine deployed alone and you haven't drafted Mightgaine. You can freely use Mightgaine until turn 3 when the Nadesico appears. After that Mightgaine goes back to being an undrafted unit and you can no longer use them.

Players:

Balcerzak: X-1 Kai Kai, Zeta Gundam, Arbalest, Qubeley Mk-II (purple), Qubeley Mk-II (red), Black Getter, M9 Gernsback (Kurz), Razor, M9 Gernsback (Mao), Boss Borot, Guard Diver, Kshatriya, Gundam Mk-II, Czvarke, GN-XIV, Hambrabi, Jegan (with shield), Savage (crossbow)

Excellen Browning: Mightgaine, Vilkiss, Zambot 3, Xi gundam, Mazinger Z, F91 MP type, Venus A, Hauser Chris Custom, Methuss, Battle Bomber, Glaive Hilda Custom, Hyaku Shiki, Black Mightgaine, Evangelion Unit-08 Alpha, Re-GZ, Glaive Rosalie Custom, Jesta, Raziya

Tf0rce: 00 QANT, Raphael Gundam, Nu gundam, Black Selena, Daitarn 3, Destiny Gundam, Harute Gundam, Brave, EVA unit-01, Goryu, Super Aestivalis, Force Impulse, XB Gundam X-1 Full Cloth, Enryugo, ReZEL, EVA-00, Jegan (without shield), Penelope

eclipse: ZZ gundam, Great Mazinger, Unicorn gundam, Zabanya gundam, Strike Freedom, Shin Getter, Infinite JUSTICE, Hauser Ersha Custom, Arquebus Salia Custom, Banshee Norn, Aestivalis Custom, Arquebus Vanessa Custom, M9D Falke, EVA-02, Alpha Azieru, Delta Plus, Byarlant Custom, Neo Zeong

Unit List

Zambot 3

Daitarn 3

Black Getter
Shin Getter

Mazinger Z > Mazinger ZERO
Great Mazinger > Mazin Emperor Z
Venus A
Boss Borot

Gaine > MightGaine > Might Kaiser > Great MightGaine
Guard Diver
Battle Bomber > Tri Bomber
Black MightGaine
Goryu

Zeta Gundam
Methuss
Hambrabi
Byarlant Custom

ZZ Gundam
Hyaku Shiki
Gundam Mk-II
Qubeley Mk-II (purple)
Qubeley Mk-II (red)

Nu Gundam
Re-GZ
Alpha Azieru

Unicorn Gundam
Banshee Norn
Neo Zeong
Delta Plus
ReZEL
Jegan (with shield)
Jegan (without shield)
Jesta
Kshatriya

Xi Gundam
Penelope

Gundam F91 MP Type
XB Gundam X-1 Kai Kai

XB Gundam X-1 Full Cloth

Destiny Gundam
Strike Freedom Gundam
Infinite Justice Gundam
Force Impulse Gundam

00 QAN[T]
Gundam Zabanya
Gundam Harute
Gundam Raphael
Brave
GN-XIV

ARX-7 Arbalest > ARX-8 Laevatein
M9 Gernsback (Mao)
M9 Gernsback (Kurz)
M9D Falke
Savage (crossbow)

Vilkiss
Razor

Arquebus Salia Custom > Cleopatra
Glaive Hilda Custom > Arquebus Hilda Custom > Theodora
Glaive Rosalie Custom
Hauser Chris Custom
Hauser Ersha Custom
Arquebus Vanessa Custom
Enryugo
Raziya

Evangelion Unit-01 > Evangelion Unit-13
Evangelion Unit-00
Evangelion Unit-02
Evangelion Unit-08 Alpha

Black Selena
Aestivalis Custom
Super Aestivalis

Czvarke

Note about drafting: I'll set up a discord server where we will pick drafts. I'd like to draft this weekend, on saturday.

Edited by Excellen Browning

Well, it might be something I've not done before but I at least know my machines in V, I would not mind giving it a go and do a draft for something I very much am into. May not be a regular but I sure as heck don't mind this sort of challenge.

Stage 1: 2/2 (1)

I went with Soji, not knowing if him or Chitose are faster. I chose the standard spirit set, as it starts with Accel, is otherwise pretty good, and offers an average Soul at level 38. The other spirit set I considered was Virgo A because it offers the earliest Soul, at level 35.

The stage itself is nothing special. Soji casts Accel, moves as far as he can, and just counters everything on enemy phase, then offs the only enemy left over on turn 2.

Upgrades:

VangRay: weapons +1

Special scenario: 2/4 (1)

Getting Huckebein and Grungust because I honestly don't know how to turn the DLC off. It only costs 2 turns, hoping they'll make it back.

The stage is again nothing to write home about, I just move up and kill everything in 2 turns.

Upgrades: VangRay: weapons +1(2)

Stage 2: 3/7 (2)

The first stage that presents some sort of challenge. Player reinforcements show up when Yamato kills 2 enemies. We have to avoid this happening on enemy phase, because the Crossbone Gundam shows up, and will get attacked. So, I move up Yamato on turn 1, then again on turn 2. I make sure to kill one enemy, and the last enemy to move on enemy phase, so cause the reinforcements to spawn. This leaves me in the following situation on turn 3:

SWMpwen.jpg

The highlighted enemies will move to go after Tobia on enemy phase, every other enemy will suicide on Yamato. Huckebein attacks the one next to the Yamato and retreats into the Yamato, VangRay moves in as well. Grungust moves in such a way that these two enemies will attack it on enemy phase, and attacks. This is the situation at the end of the turn:

fKldXQq.jpg

The remaining enemies will suicide on enemy phase, ending the map.

Upgrades:

VangRay: Weapons +1 (3)

Team in recruitment order:

Spoiler

Great Mazinger
Aestivalis Custom
Gundam Zabanya
M9D Falke
ZZ Gundam
Hauser Ersha Custom
Arquebus Salia Custom
Infinite Justice Gundam
Strike Freedom Gundam
Unicorn Gundam
Delta Plus
Shin Getter
EVA-02
Arquebus Vanessa Custom
Banshee Norn
Alpha Azieru
Byarlant Custom
Neo Zeong

Mine will be a no DLC run.  I'll keep count of my SR Points, and factor them in at the end.  I rely on the turn counts in the intermissions screen, so I don't want to confuse myself!

Format is: Scenario [number] - [turns taken]/[total turns] [(SR Points obtained so far)].  At the end of the first scenario, I've taken two turns, for two turns total, and have 1 SR Point to my name.  Stuff in spoilers is a stupid little story idea I had.

Scenario 1 - 2/2 (1)

Spoiler

"A draft?"
"Yeah.  Nine found the teams and rules floating around.  Said that the author of that walkthrough is one of the participants."
"I'm in."
"I'm going to regret this, but I'll give it a shot."

Everyone took a team.  I had the same team as the walkthrough's author.  Could I pull this off?

Went with Chitose, just because she's a little more interesting as a character.  Birthday is 11/29, blood type is A.  This gives her Accel and Zero-In as her starting spirits.

There's a couple of ways of dealing with this.  The easier method is to start with Accel and get into range of everyone, then use your weapons as necessary.  The non-Accel way relies on NOT critting at the outset, and hitting a 79% shot on enemy phase.  I was lazy and went with the Accel method.

Scenario 2 - 3/5 (2)

Have the Yamato move as far left as possible, then charge forward.  Bow Torpedoes will OHKO.  Tobia's alternate trigger condition is the end of turn 2, if one or less enemies have been killed.  The Yamato was close enough that he was able to waltz on board.  Chitose took one look at everything and waited onboard the Yamato.  Counterkilled everything on turn 3 thanks to some lucky Pulse Laser crits.  As for the SR Point?  Well, it's easy enough to get when the Yamato lays waste to all the enemies!

Scenario 3 - 5/10 (3)

Chitose weapons +2 (total: 2)

The first part has no battleship, so go ham with Tobia.  Really.  Get him to three ExC during the first part of the map, because it'll make life a lot easier.  If everything goes according to plan, Chitose should hit the SR Point on turn 3 player phase, with Tobia free to take an action.  Have Tobia activate Intuition and Smash Hit, then use Brand Maker on the boss at two range.  On the counter, use Zanbuster without Intuition.  Then everyone else shows up.  Shove everyone in the Yamato, that ship needs ExC.  Bow Torpedo something, then kill at least two things on enemy phase.  Have Chitose pop out and scratch something, then activate Smash Hit on the Yamato and use a long-range attack to take care of the boss for good.  The grunts will warp away once the boss goes down.

Normally you'd have Chitose attack the boss instead of Tobia, but Intuition's Bullseye is a lot better for the initial boss attack.

Scenario 4 - 5/15 (4)

Spoiler

The author is a lunatic.  I have two units, and I need to kill twelve enemies in four turns?!

Chitose weapons +2 (total: 4)

I wanted Chitose to get some kills, and what better way than to have her go up against those Gamillan small guys?  As long as she's within the Yamato's Commander aura, she'll be just fine.  The Yamato was used to chunk the larger ships.  Shoved Chitose into the Yamato as her last move of turn 4 after some Multi Action fun, then the Yamato got kill number 12 during enemy phase.  Chitose will pop out for a cutscene whenever kill #12 happens, which means that her EN was mostly refilled.  It also means that she can OHKO those small guys again.  Because of how the enemies were positioned, I was able to activate Multi Action on both the Yamato and Chitose and reposition both so that I could use Volley of Fire with a meaty support attack on the large ship.

tl;dr - Multi Action is good, but make sure you can secure kills.

Scenario 5 - 5/20 (5)

Chitose had some mech upgrades, but it didn't matter on this map.

The first two turns is Ryoma doing Ryoma things, so not much to see here.  Once turn 3 rolls around, Tetsuya and the Yamato show up.  The AI on this map is rather stupid, and three of the enemies will trap themselves behind a fissure.  Have the Yamato fly over and rain hell on them.  If done correctly, the Yamato should be able to counter one at full health with Volley of Fire and get the SR point.  I fed kills to Tetsuya, since he's my only unit until the story really begins.  Chitose managed a couple of kills because the enemies didn't want to suicide on Tetsuya.

Scenario 6 - 5/25 (6)

Chitose's upgrades: 1 in armor, 5 in everything else, weapons still at 4.  Gave the Thruster Module to Tetsuya for future maps.

The first part of the map has no Yamato, which means everyone can pitch in.  Once eight enemies go down, the Yamato shows up.  Try to keep the undrafted units as close to the south side of the map as possible, which means sniping at the units who are closest to you.  Meanwhile, have drafted units head towards the center of the map.  In this manner, I was able to get close enough to the main boss, and peck away at his health.  At the end of player phase turn 5, he was at less than 500 HP.  Ignore that other guy, because if done correctly, the SR Point will cover the extra turn taken, while doling out some extra funds.

Scenario 7 - 4/29 (7)

Slap the Propellant Tank on the Yamato.  Chitose hit 5 in everything, including weapons.  The extra power part slot is welcome!

Use Accel on the Yamato and have it chunk as many enemies as possible.  Tetsuya and Chitose clean up, with a bit more emphasis on Tetsuya.  Thunder Break needs to be online ASAP.  Take advantage of Chitose's support attacks.  If the Yamato and Tetsuya can land their strongest attacks on the boss with Chitose's support attacks, the boss should go down in a single turn.  Didn't even have to move Setsuna and Tieria!

Scenario 8 - 4/33 (8)

Propellant Tank to Great Mazinger, he'll need it to solo the map (yes you're reading correctly).

Sent Great Mazinger to the southern tip of the Yamato's Commander aura.  This kept his aim true while giving him a bit of dodging leeway.  Once he was at ~30% of his health, the enemies did squat for damage.  All that ExC that Tetsuya collected went towards Multi Action.  The Propellant Tank was so that he could use Thunder Break once it was online.  Thunder Break crits one-shot enemies, which is how I ended the map (Smash Hit guarantees those crits).

Chitose chipped an enemy, and Melda sat on the ship.

Spoiler

Who would've thought that EN would be the issue, not HP?  I can see the author's turn counts, but not her strategy.  Four turns seems a little too low for Chapter 8.  My best was five turns.  Maybe if I try to kill Tetsuya?

Scenario 9 - 3/36 (9)

Give the Propellant Tank to Chitose before starting this chapter!  Also give her the Land Module.

With weapon ranks at 5, Chitose can counterkill the bugs with Jinrai.  Accel on the first turn and move forward and a bit to the right (just out of range of one of those bugs).  Blow stuff up on enemy phase.  One of the bugs may end up in your face, and that's okay - two shots of her other weapons will take care of it, and Multi Action means that she can be moved to a slightly better place.  I loaded Saburouta on the Nadesico and quietly had the battleship move out of the way.

Scenario 10 - 6/42 (10)

Unlocked the Nadesico's customization bonus.  Gave it the A-Adapter.

The first three turns is a complete crapshoot.  With no way to boost their accuracy, Ryoko and Akito are at the mercy of the RNG.  It'll most likely take all three turns to wrap up, since both of them need some kills to get Distortion Attack online.  The second half of this map is full of bulky units.  Accel on both Maito and Chitose was clutch here - Maito to get out of the way, and Chitose to tag the enemy closest to Maito with an attack.  Ryoko walked towards the action and managed to get a couple of kills to her name.  Saburouta and Akito chilled out on the ship.

Oh right, Ryoko.  She has two things over Saburouta.  The first is one more attack than her buddy, which hits harder than Distortion Attack.  The second thing is that she finishes her spirit list way before him.

Scenario 11 - 5/47 (10)

Ryoko's working her way towards her customization bonus.

While it was possible to rig the SR Point, it would take more than a turn.  Therefore, I figured it would be faster to force Wolfgang to retreat.  Used Tri Bomber/Guard Diver in the first part, since there was no battleship.  Had to use Chitose to kill off a low-health enemy near them, then had her regroup with the Nadesico.  As long as Maito isn't too close to Wolfgang's goons, they'll run forward instead of attacking.  But Maito needs to be in the ship or Wolfgang doesn't attack on enemy phase (well, a certain someone can get him to attack, but IMO I'd rather have him poke Chitose).  This is the first map that required a lot of restarts because I couldn't quite figure out the ideal strategy immediately.

Soji's route has to deal with this map a chapter earlier.

Edited by eclipse

New day, new post, memory's hazy, though.

Scenario 12 - 6/53 (11)

Ryoko gets her customization bonus.

Spread the kills around, and it worked out.  Was able to use Multi Action to just make the SR Point on enemy phase.  I don't like dealing with the cat burglar, because her goons have Support Defend, and it's annoying.  Fed some kills to Lockon, because new guy's gonna need it.

I'm glad I got another unit!  Ryoko needs some sniping support.

Scenario 13 - 5/58 (12)

For the love of everything, get the customization bonus for the Ptolemaios!  I got it on this chapter.

Charge the enemy, and there isn't much they can do.  Because the Tuatha spawns in the middle of the battlefield, Closeau can plop himself in the middle of a bunch of dragons and chip away at them.  Meanwhile, everyone else runs past the enemy, mowing down who they can.  Salia and Ersha managed to snag a kill here.

Scenario 14 - 2+4/64 (13)

That little intro where the Para-Mails are doing their own thing count towards the total turns, hence the notation.

Whee, a lot of new recruits!  The SR Point is much easier when Sumeragi can move and fire in a battleship.  Judau didn't get too many kills, because I'm prioritizing Ersha, while she can still hurt things.  Both Salia and Closeau have a Commander aura, which makes anyone who's stuck between the two hit ridiculously hard (this is also why I drafted both of them).  Tessa's Cruise Missiles hit hard and have ridiculous range, while the Nadesico had to be fed a couple of kills (this will change once my guys start with more Focus).  Again, this chapter isn't particularly hard, even with a limited roster.

Spoiler

Three new units at once?!  Will I have the funds to upkeep them all?

Scenario 15 Arzenal - 5/69 (14)

Worked towards Ersha's customization bonus.

The first part of the map has no battleship, so everything made a beeline to Ange, who was more than happy to murder them.  Athurn was nice enough to chip the enemies.

Second part of the map is clean-up.  Chitose weakened a bunch of things for everyone else to murder.  This wasn't the stupid chapter of the route, but it's better than the natto overload on the other side!

As for Athrun, his early game is painful because someone thought that "balance" means "Beam Saber requires Focus", but like the Nadesico, this will eventually fix itself.

Scenario 16 - 7/76 (15)

Ersha got her customization bonus!  Now all she needs is Maintenance (but that comes after Hit and Away).

This SR Point was so hilarious that I had to try it.  I don't think I could've wiped out the enemies in five turns (the first couple is Ange, Athrun, and undrafted units who had a death wish), so I might as well give myself a little extra money!  The big kill spree was taken care of by the Ptolemaios, who got half the SR Point by itself on enemy phase.  Then I cleaned up the three things that somehow survived that bloodbath.

Scenario 17 - 5/81 (15)

Next up for customization is Closeau.  Snagged the regeneration bonus from TAC-customization (or whatever that last option in the Factory is called).

Screw this SR Point (and screw Japan route's equivalent).  This is a gimmick map, because your mechs can't move for a turn and then Ange shows up in an inconvenient place (again).  I ran forwards, ignored the SR Point, and pummeled whoever was in range.  Lockon was stuck on the starting island, but even then he was able to kill something on the opposite shore.  Salia took a lot of heat, for reasons I still can't comprehend (Ersha was Right There).  I think I had a worse time with the green dragons than the boss!

Kira is the sniper of the duo.  And because I have both of them, I can use their combination attack!  It's not particularly efficient, but I'm not going to turn down a 5600 base power attack!

Scenario 18 - 6/87 (16)

Finished Closeau's customization bonus.

Charged forward with everyone who had Accel, while everyone else caught up.  By keeping people within Commander auras, I was able to keep up the damage.  Joe's stupidly tanky, but thanks to some battleship sniping, I was able to take him out on player phase turn 4.  Then I hit the SR Point a few kills later, with Athrun still free to move (not that it made much of a difference).  Thanks to the distance between me and the second boss of the map, I was able to murder the additional goons as well.  Feeding kills to Ersha is a little tedious, but the faster she's aced, the better.

Scenario 19 - 4/91 (17)

Judau got his customization bonus here, and he needs it!

This SR Point is a giant pain in the neck.  You have three battleships and four directions.   Tuatha can solo one of the sides with three enemies (though Lockon/Ersha contributed some chip damage), and Accel allows it to use ADCAP torpedoes on turn 1.  I sent the Nadesico/Ryoko/Closeau north, and between Distortion Attack, Crimson Edge, and the Nadesico doing Nadesico things, was able to take that side out.  Kira/Athrun/Judau took out the west side, though this was the diciest side by far (I had to manually swap weapons on enemy phase).  Judau needs his customization bonus so he can use High Mega Cannon on turn 2 to obliterate an enemy.  South side was Chitose/Tetsuya/Salia/Ptolemaios.  Salia makes excellent bait, and Chitose/Tetsuya punched through barriers.  Had to activate TRANS-AM on turn 2 to chunk an enemy.  Triggered part 2 of the map during enemy phase, which was fun!  Had a minor heart attack when Kincade/Ryoma reappeared, but the enemy near their spawn point had a problem with Kodai's face.  Pelted the boss of the map with Thunder Break/GN Cannon while taking out the goons.

Chitose got her ace bonus on the boss.  How fitting.

Edited by eclipse

Howdy one and all, first I want to say that this is my first ever draft that I've been a part of but I'm confident enough in my abilities as a SRW enjoyer to be able to do a successful LTC run and be competitive with the others here. My units are as follows: 00 QANT, Raphael Gundam, Nu gundam, Black Selena, Daitarn 3, Destiny Gundam, Harute Gundam, Brave, EVA unit-01, Goryu, Super Aestivalis, Force Impulse, XB Gundam X-1 Full Cloth, Enryugo, ReZEL, EVA-00, Jegan (without shield), Penelope and I'm also using the DLC units of Lottie and Velt for the extra bodies in the event that I need them but will otherwise be getting proper treatment for usage. My start will be with Souji(which you will see being very annoying in one particular stage thanks to my units) and I went with the classic setup of Terada's birthday 11/11 B which gives a nice early attune to work with while still having focus. I will tally all of my turns to start with and unless stated otherwise, assume that I got the SR point for the map.

Stage 1: Nothing fancy overall happens here, we get the Vangray and we have to destroy four planes. Not enough will to kill an enemy with a crit and even if you can get into range of everyone, you won't have the damage because your base damage is BARELY low enough to not kill even with a crit. So it's a simple two turns to flush out the win.

Stage 1.5: We get our two new ~~meatshields~~recruits for this map and are easily able to mop up all the enemies in 2 turns with no real issue.

Stage 2: Here is where we get a bit spicy for this map. Now I could play out the map normally and get a nice fancy clear in 3-4 turns, however I kill an enemy on the first turn and dodge/block everything else on turn 2 to get the alternative trigger of Tobia showing up at the beginning of turn 3. An important thing to note is that this is the first map that you get the Yamato, the lovely and most broken battleship to ever grace SRW and that the captain Okita starts at level 5 while his sub crew all start at level 3 meaning that only he can use any of his spirits on turn 1. Now what the trick here is to have everyone on turn 3 park inside the Yamato and have him solo the map(by killing one enemy earlier on turn 1 I had 1TacP which allowed the battleship to use emergency retrieval by parking in the right tile on turn 2 thanks to accel giving more room and just enough space to force Tobia onto the ship so everyone focuses the Yamato instead) and by doing this, Okita and his crew all gained one level.

Stage 3: Here is where the fun begins, during the missions inbetween I've investing some funds into the Vangray's weapons(enough for 2 points and also 2 points of EN and 1 point in accuracy) and thanks to the rules, since no battleship has shown up I can freely use Tobia without having drafted the Crossbone gundam and had both Soji and Tobia move forward to weaken a few units but no kills. Turn 2 comes around and Tobia weakens while Soji kills getting some TacP(remember this for later) 2 kills so far. Turn 3 comes and I move Tobia as far forward as possible and Soji snipes a dude so Tobia won't get as much aggro, now with 2 enemies left on enemy phase, one aggros to Tobia and kills him while Soji kills the last dude and winds up with 6 TacP. This in turn cause to spawn THE COOLEST MACHINE WE NEVER GET DESPITE CROSSBONE SHOWING UP 3 GAMES IN A ROW(yes I'm mad about it, no I won't shut up about it) and fight the Amakusa with a bio brain copy of the legendary Amuro Ray in it(even has newtype levels and everything) and Soji picks up a free attack on enemy phase weakening it by a third. On turn 4 is where the real spiciness takes place because I use sense(or intuition if you prefer) which lets Tobia get a guaranteed hit and a guaranteed avoid on the hit so he doesn't take damage, this deals enough damage to spawn the new enemies and we get a new unit in the fray with MP F91 Gundam(still can't use so lol). Now the plan can take action so because of Soji's weapon upgrades he has damage to destroy a Batalla in one hit and by having 6 TacP, I can use multi-action to get another move after killing an enemy(like Galeforce for those familiar but while you have enough TacP)and with 6 points I can kill 2 Batalla's and get in range of the Amakusa, damaging it and killing on enemy phase since it attacks first but there is a problem. There is a stronger version of the machine a Pez Batalla who has a part I want(magnetic coating is only 10 mobility but that's pretty good early on and can stack if you have multiple parts equipped) that just enough health and armour to survive a crit even with Soji's strongest attack making it impossible to get the part and clear in 4 turns. Now if you recall in stage 2 the Yamato's sub crew only gets enough SP to use their stuff on turn BUT here is where I found something cool. One of the co-pilots is the science officer Shiro Sanada who has a skill called analyze which targets an enemy for one turn and they take 10% extra damage and deal 10% less damage but it has a cost 20 SP and Sanada only has 19 SP and analyze would be enough to kill him thanks to the extra damage and a crit from Soji's strongest weapon. By having the Yamato solo the map in stage 2, this allowed everyone to level up and in SRW, levelling up gives you +1 starting SP for all subsequent maps, which means that analyze was available on the turn the Yamato spawns, letting me get more damage to kill on turn 4 and still walk up in range to the Amakusa using my remaining TacP to get 2 extra move, hit the Amakusa, kill it on enemy phase and get nice crisp 4 turn clear. Never before would I have ever entertained this thought but being a LTC run and realising that a full map clear would cost me turns I could use, I was able to come up with an unorthodox plan to get a turn up on my competitors here. Good luck to everyone and I'll probably have 3+ more maps done on the weekend to work with.

1 hour ago, Excellen Browning said:

I don't recall the commander skill affecting damage done, but good stuff.

It's indirect.  It means I can use stuff like Analyze/Cheer instead of Flicker/Persist.  Or stick to Zero-In, as was the case in Chapter 21 and those stupid red dodgetanks.  Later on, it means I can concentrate to Valor/Soul.

@Tf0rce if you want a funny conversation, keep those Amakusa in mind.  Someone on your team has a reason to beat them up!

Chapter 20 - 4/95 (18)

Kira and Athrun got their customization bonuses (I might be a chapter or so off on this, since I'm going off of memory).  Also snagged the TaC increase in the factory last chapter (it'll pay itself back in a hurry).

This map is a nice little breather.  The hardest part is making sure that Kodai isn't targeted by everything under the sun.  Ersha escorted him to his destination, while everyone else concentrated on clearing a path (and by "clearing a path", I mean "leave no survivors').  Pulled this off on turn 3 thanks to Boost Dash on Kodai.  Once Kodai reaches his destination, the second half of the map begins.  Like the first half, there's enemies in stupidly hard-to-reach places.  But unlike the first half, the Nadesico is ready to use Gravity Blast, and in a position to do so.

I have uses for Amuro, so he'll have to deal with my awful sense of humor.

Chapter 21 - 6/101 (19)

Salia gets her customization bonus, and she needs that range extension!  Amuro is in ZZ due to his spirit list (totally not because I want to tease him some more).

It's the first multi-faction battle!  Except the other two factions are late.  Have a battleship hang out near the right side, while the Tuatha sort-of goes left.  One triggers after a set number of turns (I think), the other is after a certain number of enemies go down.  The Yamato's crazy range is nice, as it can hit the enemies up front as well as the stuff that spawns off to one side.  Both Kira and Athrun had to run from one conflict to another (Athrun went from the last faction to Hokushin's army, while Kira went from Hokushin's army to the Tuatha).  MVP of the map was Salia's Freeze Bullet, which held a certain dodgy boss down for the Yamato.

Gotta do another post.

Chapter 22 - 4/105 (20)

Started Tuatha's customization bonus.  Slapped the ExC Bank on the Yamato.  The Ptolemaios got the Auxiliary GN Drive (movement +1 among a bunch of other stuff) and the Tuatha got the Booster.  Judau's back in ZZ.

This is comfortable in five turns, but four turns requires a little extra something.  The target battleship doesn't move until turn 3, so you need to haul yourself across the map ASAP.  I had Chitose and Athrun Accel out the gate.  Closeau and Kira followed, the former because he starts with Accel and the latter because he has decent movement and range.  Judau swapped to G Fortress and was able to keep up.  Everyone else loaded up on the Ptolemaios.  The worst of this was keeping up with my two Accel units - they couldn't solo or they'd run dry of EN, but if they were too far behind, they wouldn't be able to get to those bulky things near the boss.  Fed as many kills to my battleships as possible, and used TRANS-AM on turn 2 (so Sumeragi could move and fire, not the other way around).  By the time turn 4 rolled around, the Tuatha had 5 ExC, Yamato had 5, Ptolemaios had 3, and the Nadesico was too far away to make a difference.  Also loaded a drained Tetsuya on the Yamato at the end of turn 3.  Turn 4 was my other units chipping things so the Yamato could Multi Action itself near the boss.  Chitose also used Multi Action to get herself four spaces away from the boss.  Since she had way too much ExC, I triggered Smash Attack and Direct Hit because why not.  I then had the Tuatha and Ptolemaios get as close to the boss as possible (after the latter got a kill and leveled up, bringing its ExC to 5).  Once the Yamato was where I wanted it (right next to Chitose), Tetsuya launched and used Breast Burn.  Chitose then used Rekka, and THEN I used Analyze on the boss (the timing of Analyze is very important).  The Ptolemaios used Restore Action on Athrun, and he used a Beam Saber crit to get the boss to 11.8k HP.   The Yamato used its last 5 ExC on Chitose, then used Volley of Fire.  Since Chitose had her support attacks available, and Rekka's max range is four, I was able to deal enough damage to OHKO the boss.

If I triggered Analyze too early, I'd go below 10k, then the boss would run like the giant chicken he is.  Next up: I get the guy whose ace bonus involves casting Zeal on himself~!

Chapter 23 Independent Action - 6/111 (21)

I know it's doable with the Nahel, Unicorn, and at least one other unit.  Two made it a lot safer, even if Riddhe was determined to block things with his face.  The SR Point means nuking one of the bosses before the proper reinforcements show up.  Jerid, at least, could Zero-In and not get himself killed.  Used the Nahel to pummel Rommel (the nearest guy), with Riddhe giving me constant heart attacks and Banagher contributing.  Jerid did his best to swat things that got too close to the Nahel, while snagging a kill in the process.  Bangher stole the boss kill on turn 4, with the Nahel and the Delta Plus still available to act.  Once my guys show up, I had Riddhe nuke the unit behind the Nahel, burned a bunch of ExC so that everyone would be on board the Nahel, and ran due south.  Meanwhile, my army split, with one half on Nahel rescue duty and the other half intercepting the reinforcements.  Managed to have Judau battle Marida, then Banagher got the kill.  Chitose charged the Garencieres, and got it low enough where Kira could kill steal with Super DRAGOON.  This map is chaotic, but doable if you don't mind a boss rush.  IMO it's also preferable to calling Londo Bell, because THAT map is hell.

Edited by eclipse

New day, new post.

Scenario 24 - 4/115 (22)

Banagher got his customization bonus, along with the Yamato and Nahel.

I'm trying to recruit Judau and Kamille's BFFs, which means I need to be picky about who gets the kill on them.  Hathaway wasn't on boss-killing duty in the Delta Plus and Banagher was busy playing catch-up, so it fell to Judau to off both of them (in other words, two turns).  Used Buran as a Multi Action booster for the Yamato, so it could get close enough to blast that stupid Garuda that doesn't move on the first two turns.  Not that it would've mattered, because Buran is somewhat bulky, Jerid gets bulky when he's at low health, and Yazan has Focus Down on hit.  Fortunately, High Mega Cannon doesn't care about tankiness.  Because of how I beat the map, Lane didn't show up at all.

Chitose hit Great Ace here.

Scenario 25 - 5/120 (23)

The Ra Cailum is now in business with its customization bonus.  This version of Bright isn't as cute as the one in. . .what do you mean, no one's interested in that?

Good grief, this scenario is tricky!  Deployed the Ptolemaios for move and fire shenanigans.  Turns out I needed its repairing capabilities more.  Got Rekka online ASAP, which meant that I could punch through the barriers on the twins.  Athrun took more flak than usual, which meant that I was able to use Phantom-01 on turn 3.  Once the twins went down, focused everything on Gates.  Had the Ptolemaios retrieve Athrun and rocket across the map.  Closeau assassinated the last grunt, then used Multi Action to get away from Gauron.  Everyone else made their way north.  Because I didn't move Tessa from her starting position, she was able to get a couple of missile hits on Banagher, which made the second portion of this map a lot easier.  Once I slapped some sense into him (Kira didn't have anything special to say to him, sadly), he spawned right next to the bosses, alongside Judau.  Chitose ran across the map, smacking anything that was in her way.  Used TRANS-AM on turn 4 so that Sumeragi could be in position to smack both sides of the field.  On turn 5, I had three bosses alive and mostly healthy along with a couple of grunts.  Burned three different Analyze (Lockon's Haro, Closeau, Sumeragi), pummeled Gauron with the crew that didn't race across the field, and had the Ptolemaios activate Multi Action and deal the last 550 damage to him.  The levels I got were enough to trigger Multi Action again.  Sumeragi gunned down a grunt, then moved close enough to the last two bosses to hit them.  I had to get creative with Frontal and used Athrun's Phantom-01 as a support attack twice (once with Chitose and once with Sumeragi).  Then Athrun ran forward and used Phantom-01 on Marida.  Judau used short-range High Mega Cannon on Marida, and Banagher beat up Frontal to the best of his abilities.  While I didn't have enough firepower to kill them outright on player phase, I got both of them down to critical health.  Thanks to the AI, both will target Banagher, who is the absolute worst person to target when Destroy Mode is active.  That last grunt targeted the Nahel.

Scenario 26 - 5/125 (24)

Lockon got his customization bonus.

The first couple of turns are "survive that purple thing".  Once I was able to field my guys, I put Tetsuya front and center.  Iron Wall was how I kept him alive.  By having him take damn near every attack, he hit 120 Focus by turn 4.  A Thunder Break on PP and two Thunder Breaks on EP later, and I was able to move on.  Second part is a lot easier.  Ignored the dragons, and had everyone else beat up the boss.  Some stuff bounced off, like Lockon's support attack.  Clouseau got the boss kill, because his close-range attacks hurt.

The next chapter's gonna suck.

Scenario 27 - 6/131 (25)

Weapon upgrades for Judau, Kira, and Athrun, to 3 each.

The SR Point is worded badly.  What it should read is "Defeat Baron Ashura and the sub-bosses on the same turn, before the end of turn 4".  And Ashura gets stupidly bulky when its health drops.  I was able to pull this off on turn 3, but I had to use just about everyone.  Part two doesn't look like a part two, but it is.  Drop Tetsuya's health enough, and the last part will trigger.  A certain someone drafted Shin Getter, which meant I could pin Mazinger Z to its new warp location, while the Tuatha did some long-range bombardment.  Chitose/Judau/Banagher raced across the map, which took two turns (the two Gundam guys have Hit and Away, so they were able to shoot something and run, which is how I got them from point A to point C as quickly as I did).  Destroy Mode did what was written on the box, and Chitose's support attacks were just enough to finish off Tetsuya.

Scenario 28 UC - 6/137 (25)

Weapon upgrades for the Ra Cailum, Nahel, and Yamato, to 3 each.  Unicorn was upgraded to 5.  Just missed Shin Getter's customization bonus.  TAC-Customization to level 3, with stronger crits upon hitting ExC 3.

This is the single hardest SR Point IMO, and unless someone absolutely needs something that's locked to this route (like one of my drafted units), go to the AD dimension.  The most efficient way of doing this is to completely ignore the SR Point and run over the boss ASAP.  Except you're doing 10% of your normal damage to that bastard.  Fortunately, Ryoma was sort-of keeping up with levels thanks to simulator training, so he was able to show up and wreak havoc anyway.  Combine that with the various weapon upgrades, and I had time to wander off for a bit before returning and making Leonard miserable.  Had to take the full six turns because that's how long it took Banagher to go into Destroy Mode (I think it's possible in five turns, but I don't feel like resetting until Banagher naturally dodges everything except Leonard).

Scenario 29 - 6/143 (26)

Shin Getter has its customization bonus and its weapons upgraded to 3.

I had a little snafu where the initial enemies moved in the wrong direction, but I was able to reposition the Nahel and the enemies lined up.  This allowed me to laser three of them, which net me the SR Point and a bit of Judau's teasing.  I ran inland, right to where Shin Getter's next event would be.  Once that happened, worked my way to Brocken and knocked him out as quickly as I could (beginning of turn 5 IIRC).  This triggers the next part, where Shin Getter's power levels are restored and I get to laugh at Ryoma's naming scheme.  I used Spirit to trigger both Judau and Banagher's special Gundam effects, which allowed me to chew through the enemies.  Tessa provided a bit of covering fire.

Scenario 30 - 5/148 (27)

The first part of this map isn't much to write home about.  Buran's rather bulky, and Lane needs to go down for Penelope's sake.  I managed to catch most of the enemies in Judau's MAP attack on turn 3, which unlocked a power part.  This also put Banagher at ~120 Focus, which means I could use Spirit and trigger Destroy Mode.  Triggered part 2 on turn 3, and thanks to Multi Action, Ryoma was able to run backwards, smack the Sixth Angel, and was subsequently retrieved by the Nahel.  Chitose also managed to get a hit in.  Turn 4 was spent smacking the Sixth Angel around, while getting Jerid/Tetsuya as close to the action as possible.  After the next story scene, had Asuka munch on the Seventh Angel, while Closeau used Multi Action to rocket across the map and get a hit in on the Seventh Angel.  On turn 5, Jerid got a kill, Tetsuya got a kill, and the Seventh Angel went down to everyone smacking it around.

Next map: I give myself a turn penalty.

Spoiler

It's been rough keeping up with some of the turn counts, but I've managed so far.  I wonder how the others are doing?  I'm sure they'll accuse me of cheating if I finish this.  After all, the person who did the very first run was a phone call away, and would happily give me some tips should I ask.  All the more reason why I wanted to do this by myself!

Edited by eclipse

My dumb ass just realized something, which means I'm going to create a second run of this draft, up to Chapter 31.  But I'll post Chapter 31 here because I know I can pull it off again.

Chapter 31 - 6/154 (28) (+5)

The penalty is a separate notation, because I want to make sure that my turn count matches whatever the game says.  I'll do addition/subtraction later.  Said penalty is one of my favorite guys to trash talk, but fortunately this run means that he shouldn't be horribly offended when I poke fun at him again.

In order to get Alpha Azieru, both Banagher and Hathaway need to poke Loni after she goes berserk.  The issue is that Hathaway owns the game's worst Funnels, which is why I didn't draft that thing.  Hathaway also needs to get himself across the map after Lane shows up to deal 7000 HP worth of cutscene damage to Lane (yes, really, it's hilarious).  Asuka and Closeau went to the right along with Bright, while Otto brought up the rear so I could pick up Sousuke once he showed up.  That left Chitose, Ryoma, Judau, and Banagher to deal with Loni, then the Amalgam reinforcements.  Stoner Sunshine with Smash Hit plus a supporting Rekka got the SR Point on turn 4.  From there, I had to race Judau across the map so that he'd be in range of Gauron during the enemy's phase on turn 5.  Judua with his strongest attack and Valor did 15k damage to Gauron, which meant that all I had to do was clean up Marida/Kirks.

Spoiler

Why'd she stop in the middle of her run and restart it?  I should've read ahead!

Scenario 1 - 1/1 (1)

Really.

Spoiler

zmbukDZ.jpg

Used Accel, then ran past the closest enemy (Chitose was one space north and one space east of it).  Used Senpu on it, then finished off with Gekko on enemy phase.  The hit rate on Jinrai is shaky (82%), and you have to hit three of them on EP to get this turn count.  But I somehow did.

Scenario 2 - 3/4 (2)

This time, I got Tobia to appear on enemy phase.  But he was safe, because all the enemies that could attack him had already moved.  On turn 3, I went to this spot:

Spoiler

XjIKrae.jpg

which allowed me to Bow Torpedo the guy in yellow, and Pulse Laser everything on EP.  Every enemy's maximum range is 5, so it worked out!

Scenario 3 - 5/9 (3)

Chitose weapons +2 (2).

I have my honor, dammit.  This wasn't the map I had in mind, nor did I feel like trying to mimic someone else's stuff.  'sides, Chitose got damn lucky with Jinrai hits!

Scenario 4 - 4/13 (4)

Chitose weapons +2 (4).  Propellant Tank to Chitose.

Chitose + Accel, followed by the Yamato means that she's just within the Commander aura.  This allowed her to wound some things.  On turn 2, the Yamato caught up, while Chitose stayed close by.  I used Gekko a bunch on EP to secure kills, and Jinrai when Gekko wouldn't reach.  Because I focused on weakening things on PP, I hit the SR Point on turn 3 EP.  Because mostly everything died to Chitose, she had a ton of ExC.  Used Smash Hit followed by three Multi Actions, which was enough to clear out the left side and put a giant dent in the battleship with 10k HP.  Used Smash Hit on the Yamato and Analyze on the remaining battleship (the one with 9k HP).  If the RNG goes your way, the Yamato should be targeted by everything on turn 4 EP.  Volley of Fire with a guaranteed crit should be just enough to OHKO everything (it did 9,021 damage to that 9k battleship).  Okita was level 10 at the end of the scenario.

Scenario 5 - 4/17 (5)

Yamato weapons +1 (1).

The weapons upgrade was to ensure that the Yamato would OHKO with Volley of Fire.  Despite my best efforts to funnel kills to Tetsuya, those stupid enemies decided that they'd rather pick a fight with Chitose or the Yamato.  Due to how I was positioned on turn 4, everything was in range of Volley of Fire.

Scenario 6 - 5/22 (6)

First thing I forgot: Give Tetsuya Support Defend.  This allowed me to be more aggressive on this map.  Chitose's EN and Sight were brought up to level 5, and the other stats will eventually be.

I had Cosmo Zero glued to Tetsuya's side.  Because everything targets Kodai (maybe they're jealous of his good looks?), this clumps the enemies together.  Chitose and Tetsuya fed themselves kills. Triggered the scene change on my turn, which allowed me to move my undrafted units away from the action.  I moved the Yamato closer to Shultz, so I could spend the next two turns pelting him from a distance.  Chitose and Tetsuya used Multi Action to cut off Shultz, while smacking the other battleships around.  Shultz attacked Tetsuya at close range on turn 4 EP, which allowed me to use Thunder Break with Smash Hit to end the map.

Scenario 7 - 4/26 (7)

Chitose's almost done with her customization bonus.  Tetsuya got the Repairkit and Thruster Module

I can either do this in three turns and ignore the SR Point, or I can do it in four turns, get the same turn count, and get more money.  Decisions, decisions.  Enemies finally decided to attack the Mazinger, which got Thunder Break online in a hurry.  Support Defend came in handy when I used it so that the Yamato's shields wouldn't be hit, and I could counter the boss with Volley of Fire (otherwise, I'd be 4 EN short).  Used Thunder Break to get rid of an enemy near Setsuna, and thanks to the Yamato being the target of the bigger ships, I had enough ExC to use Multi Action and Restore Action (the latter which was used on Tetsuya).  Thunder Break powered with Smash Hit wiped out 8.5k HP on the boss, which meant that Chitose could easily Rekka the boss and move on with life.

Scenario 8 - 4/30 (8)

Chitose's done with her customization bonus.  Tetsuya swapped the Repairkit for the Propellant Tank.

Did the same strategy as last time.  Mazinger Z has 240 EN at base, which is enough for three Thunder Breaks and a Breast Burn.  Which is exactly what I needed to wipe out everyone on turn 4.  Waited until the last possible moment to use the Propellant Tank (end of turn 3).

Scenario 9 - 3/33 (9)

Took off everything that Great Mazinger had.  Chitose got both stat boosters (Sight and Mobility +10) and the Cartridge (before I forget).

The hardest part about this map is remembering to use Accel.  The spiders have a range of five, so keep someone within that range and they'll pop themselves.

Scenario 10 - 5/38 (10)

Nadesico got its customization bonus.

Why does this scenario have to have such a stupid SR Point?  Akito hit it on the third turn, so it was a matter of marching Ryoko down to the rest of my units.  I put Chitose in the middle of everything, and Rekka was able to 2HKO.  That, alongside some Missiles from the Nadesico won the map.

Scenario 11 - 6/44 (11)

Ryoko's EN and Mobility to 5, everything else as high as I could get it.  Sold the Multisensor, Barrier Field, Thruster Module, Land Module, Aqua Module, A-Adapter, and Repairkit, and bought Nine's Encouragement (I usually rush Hit and Away on the Skill Tree, hence why this power part was unlocked immediately).  Chitose swapped out the Dual Sensor for Nine's Encouragement, and the Nadesico picked up the Dual Sensor.

The second thing I forgot was Nine's Encouragement.  Getting it this early isn't the wisest move, but IMO it already paid itself off in the form of this map's SR Point.  Because of the massive sell-off, I took the time to murder the entire map, as everyone that isn't Chitose needs those kills.  Chitose started south, then raced north.  I triggered Mightgaine on player phase turn 3, before the Nadesico and Maito moved.  This allowed me to have them meet close to the middle.  Chitose ran north once Mifune's grunts were no more and used Nine's Encouragement to deal 10k damage to Wolfgang, thus snagging me the SR Point.

Spoiler

It seems like almost a waste to restart the game halfway through, but the author seems happy enough with her sacrifice.  I'm not sure why "Nine's Encouragement" is so important, but that's the only bit of text that I can see.  But what is "Nine's Encouragement", and how do I get it?

Scenario 12 - 6/50 (12)

Almost done with Ryoko's customization bonus!

My position wasn't quite as good as the first time I did this, but in exchange, Ryoko and the Nadesico got a lot more kills.  Had to use Nine's Encouragement on the first part of the map so I'd be able to get the SR Point.  I went more towards the center of the map, which meant that the Ptolemaios was able to use TRANS-AM and poke at one of the bulkier things on the map.  Lockon was able to hit something with Snipe as well.  Thanks to that, I cleaned up on turn 6.

Scenario 13 - 4/54 (13)

Ryoko gets her customization bonus, and I started on the Ptolemaios.

Thanks to Ryoko's customization bonus, she had a much easier time diving the initial enemies and raising hell.  Even Lockon managed a piece of the action.  Activated TRANS-AM on turn 2 so I could give Sumeragi some kills.  Closeau still jumped at the opportunity to beat up dragons, and the Tuatha was great for sniping inland things.  On turn 4, Clouseau, Ryoko and Sumeragi used Multi Action to thin out the enemies and put dents in others.  Used Nine's Encouragement to wipe out the boss.  By the end of turn 4, one enemy was at less than 1,000 HP and another was at full health (6,000 HP).  Used Analyze on the Nadesico, said a prayer, and Gravity Blast was enough to take out the enemy at full health.  The mostly-dead one splattered itself all over Ryoko.

Scenario 14 - 2+4/60 (14)

Nine's Encouragement to Ruri, she needs those skills!  The Ptolemaios has its customization bonus.  Hit and Away to Ruri.

Nearly wiped out the first part of the map.  Both Salia and Ersha managed a kill.  As soon as I got the rest of my troop back, used Nine's Encouragement so that Ruri could position herself better.  This also allowed her to OHKO the nearest enemy.  Sumeragi used TRANS-AM on turn 2 in order to kill something nearby.  The Tuatha easily reached multiple enemies, so Tessa got her kills on turn 2 and 3.  Chitose used Accel and attracted a lot of things.  Used turns 2 and 3 to clean up.  Couldn't finish the map in three turns because one of the green dragons didn't want to move forward until turn 3 (and I wasn't about to give Chitose even more kills when the rest of my squad needs them).  I fed one of the green dragons to Ersha because why not.

Spoiler

Nine's Encouragement is something sold in the factory.  Let's see, it. . .WHAT?!  So that's why she rushed it!

Edited by eclipse

Stage 3: 4/11 (3)

The first two turns are spent cleaning up the initial enemies, with Soji and Tobia working together. Soji gets all of the kills. Then the Amakusa comes in on enemy phase, and attacks Soji, whose hit connects. On turn 3, Tobia attacks the Amakusa to cause the next part of the map. I move all units up to the enemies. On turn 4 the Yamato attacks the Amakusa at 53%, putting it in kill range. I spend the turn feeding a bunch of kills to Soji with Kill&Move, and off the Amakusa with a Fortune'd Grungust.

Stage 4: 4/15 (4)

Upgrades:

Vangray: Weapons +2(5), EN +4(4)

Parts:

VangRay: Magnetic Coating, Propellant Tank

I'm not sure if the EN upgrade on Vangray really matters, I don't recall being low on EN.

VangRay and Yamato head north to intercept the enemies, the rest of the team heads west to intercept the enemy reinforcements. VangRay has to rely on Railgun Gekko a lot to not run out of EN, but it only oneshots enemies on a Jinrai crit anyway. In any case, they clean up till turn 3 enemy phase, when I get the SR and the enemy reinforcements pop in. The reinforcements spend their phase moving up. I spend turn 4 cleaning up with a healthy dose of Move&Again on Vangray, and get a battleship kill with Grungust.

Edit: I remembered that the V-defensor and V-aggressor are DLC parts, thus I'm not allowed to use them. I replayed stage 3 and 4 because of this. The turncounts and stuff remained the same.

Scenario 15 Arzenal - 5/65 (15)

I think I started Ersha's customization bonus.  Nine's Encouragement to Ersha, she needs kills.

Once again, everything headed straight towards Ange, who was more than happy to increase my coffers and get the SR Point.  Thanks to that, she was able to Boost Dash herself onto the Tuatha.  Athrun managed a couple of kills.  This time, I put everyone on the tiny island, which allowed people besides Chitose to pick up kills.

Scenario 16 - 5/70 (16)

Ersha got her customization bonus, Lockon is next.

This one took a bit of planning.  Because Shinn and Lunamaria are free on the first three turns, I had them help to thin the dragons.  Athrun got the objective kill on turn 3 PP, as well as Accel.  On turn 4, rushed everyone out, and kept a tight leash on Chitose's firepower, so she wouldn't steal all the kills.  Salia was the bait of the day, and she put dents in whoever attacked her.  Ersha used Nine's Encouragement to chunk something and to keep her on the front lines.  On turn 5, shoved everyone that wasn't drafted into the Tuatha, had Athrun Accel as close to the main island as possible and use Phantom-01 on something with mostly-full health.  Salia used Freeze Bullet, got a crit, and killed something.  This allowed Chitose to slip behind the enemy and destroy one of the barrier enemies with Rekka.  Tessa used Analyze on the other Barrier enemy, and Sumeragi activated TRANS-AM and hit said enemy with her cannons.  Everyone else worked on whittling down the other enemies to ~3k HP.  Because of this, I was able to finish the map on turn 5 EP, with Ersha and the Ptolemaios getting the lion's share of those kills.

Scenario 17 - 4/74 (17)

Still working on Lockon's bonus.  Nine's Encouragement to Athrun.

Used Accel on both Chitose and Athrun, and they were able to land on the opposite shore.  On turn 2, managed to get everyone else there (even Closeau), and made sure that everyone had land under their feet.  Turn 3 was spent killing off the small dragons that everyone could reach (which took everyone's turn).  On turn 4, Ange spawns in a weird place again, and Kira's right behind her.  If Kira runs forward as far as he can, he should be able to take out a dragon and be in Combination Assault range.  Used Boost Focus on both Kira and Athrun, triggered Multi Action and Nine's Encouragement on Athrun, and OHKO'd the boss with Combination Assault.  Ersha was the other unit who could use Multi-Action.  Triggered hers by using Freeze Bullet on a nearby dragon, then had her run forward until she was in Freeze Bullet range for a green dragon.  Tessa used Analyze on all three green dragons.  Then I used TRANS-AM to get the Ptolemaios close to the green dragons in back and to introduce one of them to GN Cannon.  Ersha used Freeze Bullet, then used the extra movement from Hit and Away to board the Ptolemaios.  Salia used Freeze Bullet on the green dragon that was up in my party's face, with Tessa/Closeau finishing it off.  Chitose zipped to the furthest green dragon and used Rekka to dent its health.  Lockon hit whatever dragon he could.  Athrun used Phantom-01 on the healthiest dragon, and then I ended my turn, with one dragon at ~4,000 HP and another at ~2,000 HP.  On enemy phase, one dragon went after the Ptolemaios while the other tried to hit Athrun.  Both could deal over 4,000 HP worth of damage.

Scenario 18 - 5/79 (18)

Lockon gets his customization bonus.  Athrun's up next (maxed out his EN, this is somewhat relevant).

Kira and Athrun went to the left, everyone else went more forward than left.  Because of how the enemies on the right positioned themselves, I had Salia sit in the middle and take them out.  It took seven solid attacks to bring Joe down, while doing as much damage as possible on EP.  I made sure to feed a couple of kills each to the SEED boys, because they had a different assignment from everyone else.  Used TRANS-AM on turn 4.  Once I had 15 goons down, I brought Joe down, but made sure that Kira and Athrun still had their moves.  Because both had 3 ExC to their name so I triggered Multi Action on both, I had Kira kill off something, move to a tank, and put a giant dent in it.  Athrun used Accel to reach the tank that Kira had damaged, destroyed it, then used Nine's Encouragement.  I had Chitose race over and hit something, so Athrun could get the support kill and another ExC point (which brought him up to three, thank you random level up).  Because of how I positioned Kira, I was able to use Combination Assault with Smash Hit on the boss, for roughly half its life.  Between one hit from the Ptolemaios, an ExC Boost so Chitose could reposition herself, kill a grunt, and be available for Support Attack for Athrun, and Athrun doing Athrun things, was able to bring the boss down.  Also took out all the grunts on this map.  Profit!

Scenario 19 - 4/83 (19)

Not much changed here.  This map still sucks.

Scenario 20 - 4/87 (20)

Exact same strategy as last time, not much to say here.

Edited by eclipse

Had to replay stage 3 and 4 because I used DLC parts to complete them, turncounts were not affected.

Stage 5: 4/19 (5)

Parts:

-

Upgrades:

Vangray: Weapons +1(6)

Ryoma takes out two Invaders in the first two turns, which kicks off the event that spawns additional enemies and player reinforcements. VangRay heads west to start smashing some Invaders there, Yamato heads to the south west to do the same, the other units sort of trail along. Turn 3 and 4 are cleanup, Yamato gets the SR with Volley of Fire.

Finally!

Scenario 21 - 5/92 (21)

So I missed a bunch of things, let's see how bad my memory is.

- Chitose hit ace (Scenario 15 or so)
- Customization bonuses for everyone except Closeau, Judau, the Yamato, and Tetsuya.
- Hathaway/Amuro/Ryoma are leveling via Simulator

Worked on Judau's customization bonus.  Not that it mattered much here!

Chitose hit Great Ace on this chapter, whee.  I split my party such that the long-range snipers went to where the dragons would spawn (and Lockon managed to hit a spider on the way over) along with the Tuatha, the Yamato went a bit towards the other enemy spawn point, but close enough to contribute to the eradication of the Martians, Chitose sort-of followed the Yamato, Closeau/Salia went with the Yamato, and everyone else ran forward.  Kira and Athrun finished off half-dead things, along with Ryoko, the Nadesico and Ptolemaios.  I managed to get Multi Action live on the Nadesico on turn 3, which means happy fun times with Gravity Blast, MAP style.  This also allowed the Nadesico to park itself near Hokushin.  Meanwhile, Tetsuya took every last hit to the face (dropped him to 1,300 HP or so), which caused his Focus to skyrocket.  Wound up using Emergency Retrieval on turn 4 to ensure that he didn't die, and to refill his EN.  Activated TRANS-AM on turn 4, and had Sumeragi rain hell on the enemies.  Athrun used Nine's Encouragement on turn 4, and chunked Hokushin.  Meanwhile, the Sniper Squad worked on whittling the dragons down, with the Tuatha being the bait of the hour.  On the final side, everything wanted to pick a fight with Closeau, but he dodged.  The boss will auto-target Chitose, which is why I kept her sort-of close to the Yamato.  Turn 5 was the fun one.  Used Multi Action so that Ryoko could finish off Hokushin (her red mech is the better red mech), then focused on whittling down his goons.  Had to use Attune on the Ptolemaios so it could hit, then Prospect on Ruri so she could Attune herself.  Athrun hit something with Phantom-01, and was rescued by the Nadesico.  Kira was able to hit three enemies with Super DRAGOON's dot, which was enough to kill one, put one at 150 HP, and the last one at ~2,300 HP.  Ryoko vented her frustration on the final goon, leaving it at ~2,600 HP.  Tetsuya chipped in here, somewhere.  On the Yamato side, had the Yamato use Multi Action and Accel, kill an enemy, and move as far across the map as possible (thank you Hit and Away).  Then I used Boost Dash, hit the boss, and parked it in the middle of the snipers.  Closeau's group completely wiped out the remainder of the troops.  On the dragon side, used my strongest attacks to get the two big dragons down to ~2,700 HP each, while the green dragons were composted.  Used Emergency Retrieval on Judau, since he was out of EN.  Before ending my turn, I had Closeau, Sanada, and Tessa Analyze all the enemies except the one at three-digit HP.  On EP, things attacked Tetsuya or a battleship, and Analyze was more than enough to ensure those kills.

Edited by eclipse

Scenario 22 - 4/96 (22)

Customization for Judau and Closeau complete.  Under "stuff I forgot to mention", grabbed the TaC bonus in TaC-customization a couple of scenarios back.

My last run proved that this turn count is possible without Nine's Encouragement.  This time, Tetsuya was able to trigger Multi Action on his own so that I could get him close enough to Thunder Break the boss, and Kira was able to waltz over and use his own Combination Assault on the boss before Athrun landed the killing blow.  Did a better job of managing Chitose's kills as well, with Gekko doing most of the damage.  The MVP of the map was the Propellant Tank I gave to Athrun, which allowed him to use two Phantom-01 as support attacks and then use Combination Assault.  Judau was in G Fortress for most of the map, which is how he kept up with everyone.

Scenario 23 Independent Action - 6/102 (23)

Customization for the Tuatha complete.

This scenario is still a mess no matter how you cut it.  If you rush in too quickly, the Nahel takes too much damage.  Riddhe wound up with way more kills than intended, because I was able to trigger it with Jerid and Banagher (I think Jerid and Banagher wound up with roughly the same amount of kills, so go Jerid?).  This took a lot of heat off the Nahel.  Once my guys were able to deploy, loaded up Ersha in the Yamato and had the Yamato head over to the Nahel.  Kira, Athrun, Tetsuya, Lockon, and Salia charged the Garenciares, and wiped out everyone in their path.  Closeau ran to help the Nahel, and Judau/Chitose/Ryoko hit everyone in between.  Managed to smack Marida with Judau, Chitose, and Riddhe, then finished her off with Banagher.

Scenario 24 - 4/106 (24)

Customization bonus for the Unicorn and Nahel complete.  Grabbed the Superconductor Motor out of the Factory, and gave it to Judau.  Unlocked the critical thing in TaC-Customization (level 3).  Soul of Gekiganger to Banagher.  Movement boosters went to the battleships (I think it was Ra Cailum/Nadesico).

The biggest differences was that Hathaway managed a kill and Banagher got two.  Also, Nine's Encouragement and a critical hurts like crazy (17k damage to the Garuda, thanks Athrun).  I'm not looking forward to the next chapter!

Scenario 25 - 5/111 (25)

Ra Cailum and the Yamato have their customization bonuses.  Picked up the ExC Bank for no good reason.

If it wasn't for those stupid barriers, this might be doable in four.  This time, I didn't move Judau on turn 3 until after the event.  This sped things up a little.  Tetsuya managed to land Thunder Breaks at scary percentages (~60%).  Big Red Thing lost a chunk of life to Superior Red SEED Thing, then went down for good after Banagher hit him over the head.  MVP of this map was Freeze Bullet, for pinning several bosses in place.

Scenario 26 - 5/116 (26)

Kira, Athrun, Judau, and Banagher's weapons up to 3.

Since I was in a better position, I was able to nuke some of the dragons.  Judau hit a bunch of them with his MAP attack and unlocked the Hyper Generator.  An Angel's AT Barrier is annoying, but Kira and Athrun don't care.

Scenario 27 - 6/122 (27)

All my battleships except the Yamato and the Tuatha have their weapons up to 3.

As usual, chapters involving the Mazinger series have irritating enemies.  For the first part, got both goons down to three-digit health by the end of turn 3, then went ham on turn 4.  Two solid hits from Volley of Fire on Tetsuya were enough to trigger Shin Getter's arrival.  From there, it was a matter of getting Athrun and Kira over so they could do stupid amounts of damage to Tetsuya.  Ryoma got the boss kill and some sorely-needed levels.  Also killed off the mystery machine, because it really wanted to pick a fight with Banagher.  Athrun got his ace bonus here.

Scenario 28 UC - 5/127 (27)

Stripped my AD team of their stuff.  Put boosters on every battleship, and Nine's Encouragement/Propellant Tank on Ryoma.

This chapter still sucks, but Ryoma does roughly a quarter of Leonard's life with Shin Getter Charge and Nine's Encouragement.  Everyone pelted Leonard with their best stuff, except for the Nahel and Cosmo Zero - they were on Melda recruitment duty!  And yes, I recruited her.  Okita got his ace bonus here.

Scenario 29 - 6/133 (28)

I got everyone's weapons up to level 3.  Everyone that's drafted, that is.

The Ra Cailum can also murder multiple enemies at the same time, and it trades positioning for a lower Focus requirement.  Managed to nuke four enemies for the SR Point.  Since my positioning was also a little sloppier, I wound up having Judau use his MAP attack twice in the same turn (one via Multi Action and one from an extra turn courtesy of Okita).  Even Tessa was able to do a bit of self-improvement!

Scenario 30 - 4/137 (29)

Because Shin Getter does so much damage with Stoner Sunshine and Nine's Encouragement, I blew up the last angel on the same turn it appeared, thus saving a turn.  Jerid failed to kill an enemy, but such is life.  I should have enough to recruit the Titans early.  Stopping here because the next chapter requires thinking, and thinking is hard!

Edited by eclipse

I'm surprised you only started upgrading weapons halfway through the game.

Stage 6: 5/24 (6)

Parts:

Vangray: magnetic coating

Yamato: Dual Sensor

Upgrades:

Vangray: Weapons +1(7)

The map is nothing special. I have the Cosmo Zero run ahead of everyone to start taking shots. It runs out of said shots on turn 2 enemy phase. On turn 3 I make sure to get the Yamato spawn with my undrafted units. After that I just mop up the remaining enemies, and shoot down the boss with Fortune.

Stage 7: 4/28 (7)

Parts:

Yamato: Dual Sensor

Upgrades:

Vangray: Weapons +1(8)

Again not much to the map. Deploy units, rush to the boss while making sure to hit the battleships along the way, mop up on turn 4. Lottie again gets a Fortune boss kill. Probably the first turn saved from the DLC units.

Stage 8: 3/31 (8)

Parts:

Grungust: Dual Sensor, Barrier Field

Upgrades:

Vangray: Weapons +1(9)

Was wondering how this map would go, turns out it's manageable. Vangray and Huckebein go North, F91 and Grungust go Northeast. Enemies conveniently suicide on turn 3 enemy phase.

Stage 9: 3/34 (9)

Parts:

Upgrades:

Vangray: Weapons +1(10)

A fairly easy stage where having Accel on Soji/Chitose saves a turn.

YYLtt1e.jpg

This is the situation at the start of turn 3. Gaine by itself can't hope to 3-turn this chapter, it can't reach the enemies fast enough, nor do enough damage. But it can off 3, and leave one for VangRay, if VangRay can reach with accel.

LVt8zva.jpg

The situation at the end of turn 3. Gaine has to hit the enemy to the north and move one tile east. This will put it out of reach of the enemy to the west, who will now go for VangRay instead, and get deleted. All the enemies die on enemy phase.

22 hours ago, Excellen Browning said:

I'm surprised you only started upgrading weapons halfway through the game.

The customization bonuses are a better deal most of the time IMO.  Weapon levels might've made a difference on a couple of early maps, but I would've needed to draft at least two more of Ange's crew to fund it all.

Also, you have Scenario 8 listed twice.

Scenario 31 - 6/143 (30) (+5)

This time, the weapons upgrades made a difference.  Asuka got her customization bonus, and Judau, Banagher, Ryoma, and Asuka had their weapons bumped to 5.

Hathaway broke his cutscene damage-dealing record by doing a whopping 13k HP to Lane just by smacking him.  Oh, right, the actual draft.

Dealing with Shamblo in time is rough, because it takes a while for everyone's Focus to get to where it needs to.  But once it does, Stoner Sunshine does a lot of heavy lifting.  Got Loni down to a bit over 10k (Volley of Fire from the Yamato and Hathaway's funnel cakes were responsible for that) , then used Smash Hit with Stoner Sunshine and a Rekka follow-up to get the SR Point on turn 5.  The rest of turn 5 was chaos, which roughly consisted of the following:

- Judau used Boost Dash then High Mega Cannon Full Power on some poor Amalgam grunt, then rocketed towards Gauron's respawn position.
- Banagher used Destroy Mode to do what's on the box, triggering the first part of Azieru's recruitment.  He used the movement from Hit and Away to greet the rest of Amalgam.
- Bright moved close enough to Hathaway to restore his turn.  Probably so the younger Noa could apologize for being a jerk.
- Hathaway used his sorry excuse of Funnels to ping Loni, for the second part of Azieru's recruitment (and the entire reason why I went down this awful route).
- Bright didn't approve of Hathaway hitting a woman, and recalled him to the Ra Cailum for a slap across the face.  Though I'm not sure if Bright would approve of his son hitting on a woman mid-fight, either.
- Ryoma used Stoner Sunshine on Loni again, complete with Rekka follow-up.  Both of them use parts to refill their necessary resources (EN for Ryoma, ammo for Chitose).
- Asuka munched on the nearest enemy.
- Closeau ran across the map to take out a grunt that took paparazzi photos of Ryoma.
- Otto grabbed Sousuke, then shot at some random enemy that was a little too close to the Nahel for comfort.  They'd just gotten the dings out of the ship, too!

On turn 6, Hathaway popped out of the Ra Cailum, used Charge, and hit Lane in the face with Funnels.  Asuka used Multi Action and Smash Hit to OHKO Lane, then hit Marida with the same.  Judau was able to OHKO Gauron with a Valor-powered High Mega Cannon RIP EN.  Banagher, Closeau, and Chitose cleaned up the Amalgam guys.  Ryoma used Nine's Encouragement to flatten Shamblo.  Asuka got one more hit in on Marida.  By the time all was said and done, everything collapsed on EP.  Judau celebrated with his ace bonus.

Spoiler

How'd this checklist survive?  And why turn 5?  This isn't how things went down when we fought!  The author has a very wild imagination.

Scenario 32 - 5/148 (31) (+5)

TaC-Customization complete, grabbed the ExC bonus.

This map is a series of "Defeat X", so make it a point to flatten X.  If Banagher goes into Destroy Mode before the scene, he'll reset out of it, which is very exploitable.  The post-cutscene enemies clumped up conveniently, so Bright spammed his MAP attack and cleaned them up.  Final boss kill went to Chitose.  Special thanks to Closeau for taking all those attacks and dodging them all!

Doable in four turns?  Possibly, but the biggest issue is reaching the first boss.

Scenario 33 - 3/151 (32) (+5)

Ryoko's weapons to 5.  Lockon's to 3.  I also upped the Nadesico's weapons, but I don't remember by how much.  Tusk got his customization bonus and weapons to 5.  Grabbed a range extender for sale either in this chapter or the previous one, but that went to Kira.  Hathaway is on the team in the Delta Plus.  Ruri got an offscreen ace.

The SR Point is pretty straightforward.  Ryoko and the Nadesico went to that one inconvenient corner to harass the enemies there.  Several others ran towards Catherine and her underlings to keep the latter from clumping.  Ryoma, the SEED boys, Judau, and Banagher intercepted the ninjas.  Used the ExC Bank on the Yamato to give Judau an extra turn on turn 2.  This allowed him to wipe out a good chunk of the map with his MAP weapon (the first blast was powered with Valor).  Said blast also hit Joe, which caused Maito to run out of whatever ship I'd stuffed him on and into the middle of the map.  Okita grabbed Maito after that scene.  Meanwhile, Athrun and Kira made their way towards Joe's new position, while Judau's final Hit and Away was to take a breather on the Yamato.  Fed Tusk and Hathaway as many kills as I could, along with Banagher.  Joe went down to a High Mega Cannon powered by Soul, Wolfgang was beaten silly by Stoner Sunshine on Nine's Encouragement, and I pecked Catherine down.

Banagher hit ace as the very last kill of the map.  Now the draft begins for real!

Scenario 34 - 3/154 (33) (+5)

Kira's weapons to 4, Delta Plus weapons to 3, started customizing the Eternal (not that I like its bonus, but the raw stats are nice).  Hit and Away to Chitose.

Before I start the explanation, a short introduction on Team Pink.  Tusk can repair/resupply or hit decently hard with his weapons.  Lacus has a move-and-fire attack in the form of her ship's guns.  She doesn't have a Commander aura, but makes up for it with an excellent ace bonus.  She also has Support Defend, which will come in handy.

Ran everyone forward on the first turn, and the boss attacked Chitose.  On turn 2, had Judau use High Mega Short-Range Cannon with Valor and used Ryoma with Nine's Encouragement for a superpowered Getter Beam.  Chitose used Rekka, then sprinted past the boss.  Banagher got the kill.  After the cut scene, moved whoever was left forward, or had Ryoko/Asuka/Ptolemaios feast on the enemies to the right of the Yamato.  Chitose moved towards the boss (thanks cutscene Awakening, that was almost as useful as Hathaway dealing 13k damage to Lane).  On enemy phase, a whole bunch of things targeted Hathaway, and Banagher managed to kill something and level.  When turn 3 began, I used Multi Action on Banagher, then had him run towards the boss and kill some random scrub.  This was enough for him to activate Destroy Mode.  Chitose also used Multi Action to reposition herself three spaces away from the boss.  Activated Destroy Mode, moved Banagher next to Chitose, and used "NT-D Get Lost", and manually set Chitose's support to her strongest attack.  Chitose used the Propellant Tank to get her groove back, then I repeated the same action (thank you free Awakening).  This dropped the boss to less than 2k HP.  Everyone else got a kill if they could help it (even the Eternal, remember what I said about a move-and-fire attack?).  Except the Ptolemaios.  Thanks to some creative positioning, and the fact that the Yamato still has the ExC Bank, I was able to have it kill something, then move close enough to the Yamato for it to use Restore Action.  Used two Multi Actions with TRANS-AM to get Sumeragi's ace bonus.  Closeau also got his ace bonus, as did Ryoko.  Chitose hit 100 kills after finishing the boss off.

To prepare for the nonsense that is the next chapter, all my battleships either have a movement booster or a range extender.  Banagher got the V Circuit, Closeau has the Minovsky Drive (yes I'm a terrible person), and Chitose has the Gunfighter Supporter.  And the Granvang, I have plans for that thing!

Edited by eclipse

Scenario 35 - 5/159 (34) (+5)

Dash to Banagher, Judau, and Kira (I think).  I did some weapon improvements as well, but I don't remember who or what (only that no one's gone past weapon level 5 yet).  Bought the V Circuit (Banahger) and Gunfight Supporter (Chitose).  Gave Judau the Bronze Emblem.  Otto got a simulator ace (he was one away from it).

Whoever thought putting a bunch of Ange's buddies along with Leonard and his goons on the same map, with a SR Point that has "defeat all enemies" needs to have their head checked.

Ryoko, Hayato, and the Nadesico moved north.  Hayato peeled away on turn 3 to help out with the nonsense known as Full Metal Panic.  The boss in this area is a literal speed bump, as Ryoko and the Nadesico were able to beat him down.  Hathaway, Bright and Lockon went due left, to keep those enemies off the Garenciares (once it spawned).  Everyone else ran towards the Gamillas battleship, because that's roughly where Leonard spawns.  The worst of this was keeping Hathaway alive, since he still sucks at dodging and doesn't have the SP pool necessary to use Intuition as often as I like.  Of the other bosses, Leonard absorbed Stoner Sunshine with Nine's Encouragement, a Soul-powered High Mega Cannon Full Power, a NT-D Attack Sequence, and two Smash-Hit enabled Combination Assaults.  Kira eventually got tired of his nonsense and used Volley of Fire to get rid of him.  I think the only reason why I made it through was because the Mail Riders clumped up in such a way that Bright could hose three of them at once.  That, and Banagher has no qualms about punching girls in the face.  Hathaway stole two of the kills.  The Gamillas battleship melted once Ryoma used Stoner Sunshine powered by his innate Valor.

Scenario 36 - 5/164 (35) (+5)

Grabbed the CQB Supporter and shuffled a whole lot of parts.  From memory:

- Banagher is now Lacus' number one fan, swapping out Soul of Gekiganger for Pink Haro.
- Asuka picks up the Soul of Gekiganger.
- Athrun swapped the Superconductor Motor for the CQB Supporter.
- Lockon grabbed the free Motor, goodness knows he needs it!  He also got Nine's Encouargement.
- Diva's Ring to Ryoma?  I know I gave it to someone who chews through their EN like no one's business.
- Ryoma got the Palladium Reactor, so that he'd stop running out of EN at inconvenient times.

Banagher's weapons up to 7, he keeps missing counterkills.  Also bumped Athurn and Kira up to five each.

It's not that this is a hard scenario.  It's that things spawn on opposite sides of the map, and a certain thing won't move for a turn.  Once it moves, then things become a lot simpler.  Rushed forward, and mowed down the two bosses on turn 3.  Then ran to the right and got my siege guys into position at the end of turn 4.  Which meant that I could leisurely murder all the grunts save Angelo and the boss on turn 5.  Lockon got the kill here.

Scenario 37 Space - 4/168 (36) (+5)

Judau has his full customization bonus (and I really needed the extra EN). Chose the extra power part slot.  Apparently I recruited the Garenciares.  It probably won't see much action, as it's more of a utility ship and the other UC ships blow things up just fine.

Burned Soul on Judau for the first part of the map.  Used Soul on Chitose and Banagher to recruit Banshee Norn.  Then Riddhe proved his worth by counterkilling an enemy, leveling up and learning Valor, then countering Lane with Valor.  This stunt saved a turn.  As for the rest?  The generic enemies either outright died to Chitose or clustered around the Nahel.  Judau waltzed into range and used his MAP attack to get rid of most of the generics while hitting all three bosses.  Because of the sheer amount of SP regeneration Judau has, was able to use Soul to slap Jerid across the face.  Used Zeal to give Chitose an extra turn (thank you Nine), which was enough for me to wipe out Yazan.  Banagher's personal Zeal came in handy when I had to smack Riddhe across the face.

Scenario 38 - 6/174 (37) (+5)

I forgot what I did here, other than shove Amuro in the Delta Plus.

This chapter has way too many bulky enemies, and I have five non-battleships to deal with them.  First I had to burst down the three initial bosses in a single turn before the end of turn 4, then I had to blow up Loni's thing (forced Hathaway means that he could pop out of the Nahel to persuade her, before Otto recalled him), THEN I had to beat up that stupid red thing.  Riddhe really wants to be on the team (as in, he ended the map with 57 kills), so I think I'll change my initial plans.  That combination attack he had with Banagher was what did Full Frontal in.

Edited by eclipse

Stage 10: 4/38 (10)

Parts:

Upgrades:

-

Soji route simply saves a turn over Chitose here. I get some kills on guard diver.

I get the SP boost and TacP bonus for my first two TAC customizations.

Stage 11: 4/42 (11)

Parts:

VangRay: Magnetic Coating, Dual Sensor

Mightgaine: Chobham Armor

Upgrades:

Mightgaine: EN +4(5), weapons +3(4)

Having fully upgraded weapons on this stage helps big time as Soji oneshots the Tetsujins on a Rekka crit, and handily twoshots those two hokushin characters.

Player reinforcements show up when 3 enemies die. I Accel Akito into the enemies and start hitting things, he kills the first thing on enemy phase, and softens up a few. Then on turn 2 Soji Accels into the fray and takes down number 2, and Akito takes down number 3, while also positioning away from the rest of the enemies.

Then the player reinforcements spawn, and start running towards the enemies. On turn 3 I move Soji into the enemy group on the left, and hit the hokushin bot. Mightgaine aims for the pack on the right. Turn 4 is mostly mop up, and everything dies on enemy phase.

Soji hits ace somewhere during this map.

Stage 12: 5/47 (12)

Parts:

Mightgaine: Chobham Armor, Propellant Tank

Upgrades:

Mightgaine: EN +1(6) Weapons +1(5)

Skills:

Maito: potential +3(9)

I tried for a good while to get a 4 turn, and I think a 4 turn is possible, but I couldn't get it, and moved on. It's a fairly standard map, but 6 or so starting enemies are scripted to beeline towards the Nadesico regardless of anything in their path. And it's one of these, that refuses to attack and let themselves be destroyed, that costs me the 4 turn.

Stage 13: 4/51 (13)

Parts:

Mightgaine: Chobham Armor, Propellant Tank

Huckebein: Aqua module

Upgrades:

Mightgaine: Weapons +2(7)

Once again a pretty easy map. Soji runs ahead and kills everything, and hits great ace.

Stage 14:2+2/55 (13)

Parts:

Huckebein: Aqua Module

Upgrades:

Mightgaine: Weapons +1(8)

I dropped Tobia into the Xi gundam

The first part of the map is not worth mentioning. I managed to do the second part of the map in 2 turns, thanks to full weapon upgrades on VangRay and Accel. Soji basically killed everything, and gets the Bronze Emblem. I might be able to get the SR point in 3 turns, but that's more effort than is needed.

Stage 15 Japan: 4/59 (14)

Parts:

Upgrades:

Mightgaine: Weapons +1(9)

Judau swaps into Hyaku Shiki.

Soji, Tobia and Velt head for Vuitton. Mightgaine, Tri Bomber and Lottie head for the other bots. Nadesico and Judau head to intercept the OG enemies. Soji oneshots Vuitton on turn 3 for the SR. OG units show up, and the Vuitton crew heads down to help out. Cleanup on turn 4.

Stage 16 Japan: 4/63 (15)

Parts:

Vangray: Multi Sensor, Booster

Upgrades:

Mightgaine: Weapons +1(10)

I buy a Booster in the Factory, and put it on Soji.

The stage is once again not too interesting. It starts with Akito alone, and he can Accel into Hokushin's range, which I do to get the TacP bonus. Player reinforcements appear on turn 2, and after that the enemies just get rushed down.

Stage 17 Japan: 4/67 (16)

Parts:

Vangray: Multi Sensor, Booster

Upgrades:

-

Tri Bomber solo against Joe. The goal is to lose as fast as possible, which happens on turn 2. After that, Maito solo's Joe while everyone else goes after Wolfgang's gang.

I met the requirements for Black Mightgaine's secret scenario.

Scenario 39 - 8/182 (38) (+5)

With half a million funds, I was able to unlock the customization bonus and weapons level 5 for both Alpha Azieru and Great Mazinger.  Also got Salia's weapons up to 5.  With that, the next round of weapon upgrades will either be battleships or units who hit really hard on their own.  Bright was aced last scenario somewhere, and Tetsuya came back as an ace.  Snagged one of the range extender+something else in the generic part of the Factory, and slapped that on Ryoma.

Remember how much Scenario 35's boss rush sucked?  This one sucks too.  But instead of Leonard, it's two angels, an OC who spawns in an inconvenient place, and Mazinger ZERO.  I hate fighting against Mazingers.  And since you durdle around for the first three turns, this is actually a five-turn limit on four unreasonably bulky bosses.

That being said, blew up the Ninth Angel ASAP, since Mari's attacks left it at not-quite full health.  Then I took two turns to get rid of Mazinger ZERO.  Salia refused to dodge, and was one-shot by its MAP attack.  The only reason why I made it through with the SR Point was because Tetsuya landed a 50% sniper shot on the Maldiva.  And because drafting Ryoma meant that I didn't have to rush as many people up that way.  The Tenth Angel dealt with a bunch of Gundams.

Delayed DLC Special Scenario - 2/184 (38) (+5)

If you don't have the DLC, this is when Velt and Lottie show up, along with the V Aggressor and V Defender.

Scenario 40 - 2/186 (39) (+5)

Chitose's weapons up to 7, Tetsuya's weapons up to 7, Ryoma's weapons up to 6.  Deployed the Eternal.

If the Eternal is equipped with movement boosters, it should be able to keep up with Chitose and Ryoma by using Accel every turn.  Your goal is to have Chitose and Ryoma diagonal to each other, and then have the Eternal cosy over next to both of them and use Rouse.  Then have Benkei use Drive.  That will get both of their strongest attacks online.  Use Zeal from Nine and Soul on Chitose twice (Okita should have Prospect by now), then have Ryoma run up and use Stoner Sunshine to advance the map.  Everyone else went to the right.

Turn 2 is all sorts of fun, featuring Banagher!  Had him use Zeal then Volley of Fire some squishy.  Shin Getter Dragon used Accel to cross the gap and run over some generic guy.  A few other squishy kills later and I was able to activate Destroy Mode, which is an innate Zeal.  Every three ExC points, Banagher used Multi Action.  Used the ExC Bank on the Yamato to give Banagher another turn thanks to Restore Action.  Kei's Prospect allowed Banagher to use Zeal one more time.  By using just about all of his EN along with everyone else getting kills (Tusk and Riddhe helped out with their support attacks), I left one random grunt alive on enemy phase turn 2.  Who promptly ran into Shin Getter Dragon and ended the map.

Scenario 41 - 4/190 (40) (+5)

Velt and Lottie get their customization bonuses and weapons up to 5.

The first part is messy, as the back line of battleships won't move until turn 2.  Ryoma broke through and lay the smackdown on mostly everything dumb enough to attack him, getting his ace bonus in the process.  With 9 ExC to play with, I repaired and resupplied him, then had him blow up battleships for giggles.  Used a whole bunch of things on Valor/Soul to chip down the boss, then used Stoner Sunshine with Valor and Smash Hit to wipe out its HP.  For the second part of the map, Lottie, Hathaway, and Yazan still had their moves, so I had them greet the newcomers, along with the Tuatha (thank you Restore Action).  Kira and Athrun also moved, but they were a little too far away.  Lottie absorbed an impressive number of hits, which allowed Hathaway to up his kill count.  Once it was my turn, had Kira snipe something then move near the boss.  Athrun triggered everything he could for a meaty Combination Assault.  Pelted the boss with as many things as I could, then finished with Lottie's Love-colored Kengo.

Edited by eclipse

Secret Scenario: Black Brave Express: 5/67 (16)

I'm not sure what to spend my money on next, so I'm going to sit on it for now.

I'm going to make a project out of getting Sousuke to 40 kills for the bonta-kun secret scenario. It should be doable with the kills from the secret scenario.

The secret scenario is spent getting Mightgaine a lot of kills.

Stage 18: 5/72 (17)

Parts:

VangRay: Booster, Booster

Mightgaine: Auxiliary GN Drive

Nadesico: Mars Bowl, Bronze Emblem

Upgrades:

-

I bought a Booster before the stage.

Mightgaine and Soji go straight for Joe, the rest of the crew is on cleanup duty. Joe is sent packing on turn 4, and I'm not sure it can be done faster. After this another boss pops up and is offed on turn 5.

I buy the ExC boost TAC customize.

Scenario 42 - 4/194 (41) (+5)

This was part of the reason why I went out of my way to draft Alpha Azieru.  That, and Amuro has Zeal.  Funds went towards the Shin Getter Improvement Project, and I was just short of the full customization bonus.  Ironically, it wasn't deployed.

You don't have to fight all 10,000 ships, but it's still a very busy map.  Great for feeding kills to units who need them!  The enemies are a damn sight more accurate than before, so I had Closeau be the bait (Salia tends to die when she's targeted by big things).  They also hit hard, as one of the battleships managed over 3k damage on Asuka.  Used a Soul-powered High Mega Cannon MAP attack to get rid of Banagher's armor, then had Banagher run around and put dents in those stupid 24k HP battleships thanks to a bunch of ExC/Zeal/ace bonus.  He eventually looped back near Riddhe so the latter could hose battleships with their combination attack.  Speaking of, many of them didn't quite die, much to Ersha and Hathaway's delight.  I used my weaker units to clean up on turn 4, then reserved the following for the boss after Closeau used Analyze and everyone got Smash Hit online:

- High Mega Cannon Full Power with Soul x2 (Prospect/Resupply was used)
- Combination Assault with Valor
- MC Giant Bullet with Soul
- Emperor Sword with Soul (which did roughly a third of the boss' HP damage, Tetsuya rules)
- Tactical Charge with Soul for the win

And after that list, I completely forgot my new aces: Riddhe and Salia (I'm rather baffled at how the latter happened).  Mostly everyone else is within 10 kills of ace, even Ersha!

Edited by eclipse