Halloween leak

TuxedoBird

Haven’t seen a topic here yet about it so:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1443507098743029770

Looks like someone did an oopsie and leaked the Halloween alts. For those who don’t want to click the link, or if it gets taken down the units are:

Spoiler

Robin: Fall Reincarnation

Rhea: Witch of Creation

Kurthnaga: Autumn Goldoan

Sothis: Bound Spirit Duo

So it looks like dragons again! Personally Rhea is an all-time favourite of mine, so I’m hyped.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Damn Winter Sothis has Fallen off so they're making a new one lol.

And they're doing what they did with the Corrins to the Robins, release an alt one year, then powercreep it with the other gender the next year.

I wonder if Lysithea will be the Tempest unit or something, since she's a character a lot of people have been anticipating to get a Halloween alt. Also CYL top winner and all.

And so goes another intern-kun for this slipup.

As for the leak itself:

Spoiler

You go with Three Houses for Halloween but don't include Lysithea? You had one job, IS.

Thoughts on each character choice
Fallen M!Robin: Actual Robin really is just a joke to IS at this point. This man has never placed below 20th in any CYL, and he can't even get any respect from IS themselves.

Rhea: Yay, she gets to be freed from being a backpack....only to still be stuck in seasonal hell.

Kurthnaga: Following his pops, I see. Also, he's probably the 4* focus.

Duo Sothis: M!Byleth is probably her backpack since F!Byleth was already used in a Duo.

Unknown TT unit: Let's be honest, it's probably Gareth (I can just hear the "Who?"s now) and not someone people actually wanted (like Lysithea).

Spoiler

Having Rhea in Feh other then as a backpack is nice, but I can't help, but feel a bit dissapointed by this line-up. It seems very safe and by the numbers. Robin Kurth and to a lesser extend Sothis are all a bit too closely linked to last year for my liking.

Also no Lysithia is indeed very odd. I mean I can't think of a more 'Lysithia' banner then a halloween one.

Edited by Sasori

Spoiler

Kind of lame that they are making all the Halloween units dragon units again. I was hoping for more weapon variety this year. I will however change my stance on that if Awakening Tiki is the TT unit though unlikely as that is and assuming IS remembers she even exists.

Edited by NSSKG151

Spoiler

I'm expecting Nasir for the TT banner since Ena was it last year, and it seems like October seasonal is dragon month.  Which I'm hype for, actually - Nasir's one of my few gotta-have characters left, and I've been saving up Grails for a while. :D

Might snag Kurth too, even though I'm saving up for Zihark+10 x4 next month. We'll see. I don't have a dragon tank (haven't been fond of the current dragon characters), and a high investment Kurthnaga / Nasir might be a really fun project without going nuts on dragonflowers.

All that being said, I'm actually shocked Hubert hasn't had a vampire halloween alt yet - he feels like another 3H logical choice there, and is reasonably popular enough for one.

Edited by kradeelav
adding Hubert comment.

Oof. Mae and Boey snubbed again, despite Boey being the perfect halloween candidate. 

25 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

All that being said, I'm actually shocked Hubert hasn't had a vampire halloween alt yet - he feels like another 3H logical choice there, and is reasonably popular enough for one.

With Hubert it be fun if he was the only one on the banner without a costume, yet that everyone assumes he's wearing one and think its a fantastic spooky outfit. 

23 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oof. Mae and Boey snubbed again, despite Boey being the perfect halloween candidate. 

With Hubert it be fun if he was the only one on the banner without a costume, yet that everyone assumes he's wearing one and think its a fantastic spooky outfit. 

Right? :D  I love your idea there - him being extremely grumpy like w!Felix about being forced in the festivities but secretly having fun scaring the bejesus out of some of the younger characters.  Even a Hubert/Ferdinand Halloween Duo would be frankly adorable and a great nod to their shippers even if I don't personally ship those two.

I'm pretty disappointed with this year's Halloween lineup. I'm really tired of Three Houses showing up everywhere. And they aren't even using TH characters that make sense, like Lysithea and Hubert, or even Alois and Mercedes.

Male Robin probably being the evil possessed Robin again is silly.

I really hope the TT+ unit is Nils or Awakening Tiki, but I'm expecting Nasir or Gareth.

I kind of wish that they went with non-transforming units for Halloween as whats the point of the costume if we never see the costume form fight. Since Halloween is probably the most outfit oriented real world event its a bit of a shame that they are only seen half of the time on the Halloween units because they are transformed. I get that transforming in of itself is a bit halloweeny in of itself but I guess I would rather see the costumes more for Halloween.

Although if they really want to commit to the transformation gimmick they should do crazier story lines and give beast/Dragon forms to units who don't have such forms.  Like Werewolf Hector (I am just using Hector as an example) as a beast unit. And use some special Halloween magic or something to justify it.

Edited by vikingsfan92

Spoiler

More dragons, huh? I suppose IS needs to fill a weapon type that's pretty anemic due to having so few of them overall. 

The TT+ unit is likely going to be Nasir to round out the Goldoa representation what's a Gareth?

I'll reserve judgements until we see the art, although I can't say I'm thrilled about any of these characters. 

45 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Hide contents

I really hope the TT+ unit is Nils or Awakening Tiki, but I'm expecting Nasir or Gareth.

Spoiler

I would love for it to be Nils. Also if it isn’t that means Blazing Sword will have had no alts for a year. I’m hoping desperately for a Blazing Sword Christmas banner but I don’t really expect it. Even if it was it would probably just be Lyn again.

Nah is also an option, but I think Nasir is the most likely.

On an mostly unrelated note

Spoiler

I did pretty much expect 3 Houses on the Halloween banner the instant the Ashen Wolves we’re out in September rather than October. While I am personally not feeling the fatigue I do get why a lot of people are, and it would be nice to see more variety. 

And is it just me or have there been more Heroes OC’s than usual on the alt banners this year? Maybe the TT unit will be Nifl or something.

Now we speculate who's backpacking with Sothis. It's a duo so it's someone from Three Houses. It's definitely not Rhea and the only other character who makes any sense is Byleth. M Byleth just got a legendary a few months ago so it's probably F Byleth.

Spoiler

don't really get why we're using spoiler tags since the topic's name already suggests not to click on it unless you're actually interested, but i'll play along

Spoiler

if Rhea's actually coming, i might need to put my wallet somewhere safe before the banner comes out
yes, alt hell sucks, but at least that's something

but if she ends up being an armored unit, i'll automatically lose all of my interest

Edited by Yexin

Spoiler

Ironically, I could care less about Male Grima this year cause I wanna finish merging up Female Grima. I just hope he's at least a different movement type, to justify prioritizing a year-old flying tank. I wonder if MaleGrima will have a Dragonskin variant that removes Armor weakness...?

...oh the other three. Uh... don't care about Rhea, don't know who Kurthnaga is, and I just hope Sothis is easy to summon. Also hope the TT unit is good, or at least has good art.

I freaking love Halloween, don't get me wrong, but right now my main focus is getting the last 3 merges needed for Halloween FemGrima, so this banner might get a bit of a shaft from me...

25 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ironically, I could care less about Male Grima this year cause I wanna finish merging up Female Grima. I just hope he's at least a different movement type, to justify prioritizing a year-old flying tank. I wonder if MaleGrima will have a Dragonskin variant that removes Armor weakness...?

...oh the other three. Uh... don't care about Rhea, don't know who Kurthnaga is, and I just hope Sothis is easy to summon. Also hope the TT unit is good, or at least has good art.

I freaking love Halloween, don't get me wrong, but right now my main focus is getting the last 3 merges needed for Halloween FemGrima, so this banner might get a bit of a shaft from me...

Spoiler

Kurthnaga is Dheginsea’s youngest child, so he’s another obligatory seasonal locked Tellius character (just like his pops).

Spoiler

I got a few says about the leak:

1. I do think that's got to be a Male Version since we did have Female Robin last year's Halloween Banner. I'm kind of wondered why they didn't pick one of the Corrins since he's a Dragon Unit as well?
  2. I definitely think added Rhea in the another Dragon related Halloween might going to spoil the Three Houses players who are still playing it or who haven't played it yet. But, we definitely do know that they kind of did spoiled Zelgius's identity for the newer Fire Emblem fans that haven't played the Tellius games.
  3. It's nice to see Kurthnaga getting added in.
  4. Since Sothis is getting the Duo treatment, I'm definitely think Male Byleth should get in, but I know that Byleth have not turned into a Dragon in Three Houses. I'm kinda wondered if Sothis's Duo other partners if it's going to be either Adult Tiki, one of the Corrins, Fae, Sophia, one of the Kanas, maybe Nif/Muspell, or another Dragon that might help Sothis?

Edited by King Marth 64

5 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Although if they really want to commit to the transformation gimmick they should do crazier story lines and give beast/Dragon forms to units who don't have such forms.  Like Werewolf Hector (I am just using Hector as an example) as a beast unit. And use some special Halloween magic or something to justify it.

I've been saying this for years. But nope, despite Seasonal banners being inherently absurd, IS hasn't broken this rule. They okay with with making dragonstones that look like melting ice popsicles, but not giving those to anyone except the canon lizard people.

Whats one hyperactive child who ate too much candy and is so hyperglycemic that they transform into a dragon that exhales breath that is corrosively dense with sugar? Or a casanova character who bought a bottle of very stinky cologne that happens to turn them into a dragon with breath of the same odor, a fragrance that screams "The wearer wants to be loved, but the fragrance is so, so wrong" that everyone tries to run away from the smell.

Ouch. Poor IS. It's too bad when these leaks happen, though it does kind of add to the experience of playing the game. Still, it's one thing to know who they are and it's another to know what they look like. It's better for both to be revealed at the same time, or it takes away some of the excitement at the official reveal, so it damages the amount of impact the company can have. I hope whoever leaked this did so accidentally and doesn't get into too much trouble for it.

I'll have to wait to see what the characters look like, but as for their identities...

Spoiler

It's too bad that Fallen Robin is getting a Halloween alt again. I have the fem one already, but I may have to go for the male one just because I like collecting the male dragons. Even so, the novelty wore off after last year, so he's going to have to look really cool for me to pull for him. Also, I hope it's not all dragons again since I'm still missing Halloween Myrrh for that collection, and an expansion on the number of Halloween dragons I have to collect will make things difficult for me.

Rhea's an easy skip. I wonder who Sothis will be paired up with. I think it's a duo unit this time, but I would have liked to see her linked up with Yune, especially with that "bound spirit" title. So, it will probably be Byleth again. Maybe the male version since we already have summer Byleth with Rhea.

I'm kind of disappointed that it's not more theme-based. Looks like I'll have to just keep waiting and hoping for that dream Halloween banner/Cherche+Lute thinking zombies are cute. (Edit: To remind people, my 3H Halloween dream banner was Ashe (afraid of ghosts), Anette (afraid of ghosts), Mercedes (tells ghost stories) and Alois (as the sort of chaperone of the students, but scared out of his wits) going to investigate an abandoned castle/mansion that had reports of a mysterious woman appearing in it at night, only to discover that it wasn't a ghost at all, but rather Marianne who went there to do some thinking by herself. I feel like Lysithia's kind of gotten enough attention as the sweets-loving ghost-fearing person of 3H, especially when there are others who fit that description.)

That said, Kurthnaga gets in the game, and even gets to have fun at Halloween with his dad and sister-in-law! How cute! X3 I'll have to see if I can't summon him.

I wonder who the 4* unit will be, and who the free unit will be. There's still at least a couple surprises left! Can't wait for the banner to drop!

Edited by Mercakete

20 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Hide contents

I'm pretty disappointed with this year's Halloween lineup. I'm really tired of Three Houses showing up everywhere. And they aren't even using TH characters that make sense, like Lysithea and Hubert, or even Alois and Mercedes.

Male Robin probably being the evil possessed Robin again is silly.

It’s not very surprising though. Three Houses is the series’s best selling game, so of course they are going to put units from that series left and right. It’s the same reason why Fates and Awakening had the most representation as well: They are the games that sold the most, so they get the most representation. Keep in mind that this game’s ultimate goal is to make money. 

As for Male Robin, they like to keep the Avatars even. I’m sure we’ll get a Legendary Male Corrin as a Hoshido Noble very soon. 

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

It’s not very surprising though. Three Houses is the series’s best selling game, so of course they are going to put units from that series left and right. It’s the same reason why Fates and Awakening had the most representation as well: They are the games that sold the most, so they get the most representation. Keep in mind that this game’s ultimate goal is to make money. 

As for Male Robin, they like to keep the Avatars even. I’m sure we’ll get a Legendary Male Corrin as a Hoshido Noble very soon. 

Didn't say it was surprising and I'm very well aware of both how much money TH made and why Awakening and Fates were overloaded. I've been playing Heroes quite literally since Day 1. Doesn't change anything. TH has still been completely overloaded, it was a bad idea with Awakening and Fates and it's been a bad idea with TH.