Halloween leak

TuxedoBird

Ok, so another pass for me.  Good.

Spoiler

Also, Haloween is now just a 'spooky dragon' event.  I don't like any of the Manaketes, so October may be a passed month for a year or two more.  As for Tempest Trail, I also don't care much.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Didn't say it was surprising and I'm very well aware of both how much money TH made and why Awakening and Fates were overloaded. I've been playing Heroes quite literally since Day 1. Doesn't change anything. TH has still been completely overloaded, it was a bad idea with Awakening and Fates and it's been a bad idea with TH.

I don’t see how it’s a bad idea they are promoting characters from the most popular games from a business perspective. The vast majority of players  today now started from either Fire Emblem Awakening, Fates, or Three Houses. These are the games that are the most familiar to the majority of the audience, and thus are obviously more willing to spend more money on the characters they recognize. For the majority of players, this is a good thing that the games they recognize are getting more characters, and that means there is significant amount of more revenue being made from theses games compared to something like Genealogy of the Holy War, which was Japan-only and has little to no western audience. As someone who started with Fates and has only played the 3DS titles and Three Houses, I know for a fact that the only way I’m spending a lot of money if its characters from one of those titles. I couldn’t give a penny if it’s from any title that was wasn’t the 3DS or Three Houses, even if the character has an English Dub. 

33 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I don’t see how it’s a bad idea they are promoting characters from the most popular games from a business perspective. The vast majority of players  today now started from either Fire Emblem Awakening, Fates, or Three Houses. These are the games that are the most familiar to the majority of the audience, and thus are obviously more willing to spend more money on the characters they recognize. For the majority of players, this is a good thing that the games they recognize are getting more characters, and that means there is significant amount of more revenue being made from theses games compared to something like Genealogy of the Holy War, which was Japan-only and has little to no western audience. As someone who started with Fates and has only played the 3DS titles and Three Houses, I know for a fact that the only way I’m spending a lot of money if its characters from one of those titles. I couldn’t give a penny if it’s from any title that was wasn’t the 3DS or Three Houses, even if the character has an English Dub. 

Cool. It's still a bad idea. Looking at the comments from every official social media page FEH has, as well as unofficial places such as here and reddit, shows that. They're overloading TH, a lot of people are noticing, and a lot of people are tired of it.

19 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Cool. It's still a bad idea. Looking at the comments from every official social media page FEH has, as well as unofficial places such as here and reddit, shows that. They're overloading TH, a lot of people are noticing, and a lot of people are tired of it.

I highly doubt that this site and Reddit is the majority of Fire Emblem Fans worldwide. 

Personally, I don't like 3H and I still don't mind the level of attention 3H has been getting. I think it deserves the chance to make up for its late start and catch up to other popular games.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

I don’t see how it’s a bad idea they are promoting characters from the most popular games from a business perspective.

You don't see it because it isn't a bad idea. People can be as unhappy about it all they want, but it definitely isn't a bad idea on IS's part.

While plenty are getting tired of Three Houses, there's still just as many (at least) that want more Three Houses. If that wasn't the case, Three Houses wouldn't be winning almost every banner revival poll (RIP Changing Winds) or be dominating in CYL to the tune of seven characters in CYL5's overall Top 10.

22 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Just because it makes the majority of vocal people whine doesn't mean it's a bad idea financially, for all the whining for every Three Houses banner there is, it's a financial success, Meanwhile,  for example, Ashera banner was received  with warm comments by Reddit communities as well here, but financially it flopped. And for companies it doesn't matter if you say you love it, what matters is that you buy even if you complain it's bad later. These vocal people are the same as the one who complain for spam of latest games, ones that actually makes money, and yet didn't bother to whale to show older games show. You support them by whaling in banners, not commenting on their twitter accounts. And we know in most gacha playerbase, the players are silent, that they don't feel the need to express their joy of playing the game with words online (as their money already did)  

There is Genealogy? Sure, because Japan loves Genealogy. It's a fact that Japan are more willing to spend in gachas, that to make this point, last year FGO makes 24 USD million overseas, excluding japan, when it makes 248 mil in japan only. Sure, when it comes to FEH, the japan only revenue is 66% , not as extreme as FGO's 10x compared to global, still, point is, if it makes money in japan they will still do it. 

as for the leak itself: 

Spoiler

oh wow, kurthnaga?  and dragon halloween again? and rhea is with her supposedly dead mom? is it samhain reference? what's the odds of the TT unit is Rajaion, kurth's dead older brother? 

While I am likely going to be disappointed at another month of Lyn not getting a Tempest Trials alt, at least this is looking to be another skip banner unless the characters have something I would want. Need to save for Ninja Lyn's rerun and possibly Marianne spark opportunity.

I'm seeing a lot of people here and elsewhere expecting Sothis' backpack to be male Byleth and I really don't see it. It used to be that a character getting an alt meant people didn't expect to see them again so soon, yet now it seems to be the opposite. On one hand I get the logic (VAs recording multiple lines at a time), but I think if we base predictions on that we'll be wrong more than right.

However, there's one particular thing that stands out to me that says that if either Byleth comes with Sothis, it will be female: there's already a male avatar on the banner. Yeah, yeah, patterns are made to be broken, but I don't see this happening. The only other reason I see given for male Byleth is that female Byleth is already in a duo, but that didn't stop Ephraim (or Alfonse or Veronica).

So yeah, calling Sothis + F!Byleth over here.

I think it's worth considering that Enlightened Byleth M has featured in Heroes already, but Enlightened Byleth F has not yet.

Having Enlightened Byleth appear alongside Sothis might not actually make any sense, but Heroes has proved willing to bend canon.

I still think it's male. Some people pointed out that the difference between Normal Marianne on new heroes banner and cheerleader Marianne with Hilda lead on summer banner was just 3 months. Halloween banner right now would also be 3 months after Legendary Byleth. Maybe an alt may not mean another alt too soon but backpack on a duo might be fair game.

Also there's also the fact that if FByleth gets two duos, it sets a precedent that MByleth would also gets, even if not two, at least one duo. And I don't really see IS doing four or three duos with just Byleth again and again.

Edited by AshenLorx

4 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Medeus is never coming, huh?

Eh, he could be the TT+ unit.

Anyway, on the topic of Sothis' teammate, what if they did something unexpected and made it Nemesis or something?

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Eh, he could be the TT+ unit.

Anyway, on the topic of Sothis' teammate, what if they did something unexpected and made it Nemesis or something?

Is there a way they could justify them working together?

Looking at CYL5, there are some duo secondaries that scored lower than Nemesis (particularly Lene), but only female ones. All the male duo secondaries so far have scored much better than him.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Is there a way they could justify them working together?

Looking at CYL5, there are some duo secondaries that scored lower than Nemesis (particularly Lene), but only female ones. All the male duo secondaries so far have scored much better than him.

Which only really proves that CYL scores aren't everything. When it comes down to it, IS will do what they want to do. As for justifying them working together, beats me. My only exposure to him is the opening cutscene of 3H, really. I'm sure I'll learn more as I progress through the routes, though. I just know he has some sort of ties with her (though I don't want to know what they are yet.) If not him or Byleth, then maybe one of Byleth's parents. I'd say Rhea, but she's already...well, you know. And as for Seteth or Flayn, I don't really see it over any of the other options I mentioned. Maybe someone I'm not super familiar with from 3H who would fit, too, but I don't have enough knowledge of the game to pose any more guesses than those.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I’m not going to spoil since you said you didn’t know the connection but yeah that doesn’t make much sense. Will probably be one of the Byleths.

What I think would be kinda fun is

Spoiler

OG!Sothis and the Sothis we see in game

but I’m not holding my breath.

5 minutes ago, TuxedoBird said:

I’m not going to spoil since you said you didn’t know

I appreciate the courtesy. ^_^

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

The only 'wild card' I can imagine for Sothis' backpack is Seiros. After all, Rhea is on the banner, not Seiros. It would be similar to this year's Valentine's banner in that regard.

24 minutes ago, Florete said:

The only 'wild card' I can imagine for Sothis' backpack is Seiros. After all, Rhea is on the banner, not Seiros. It would be similar to this year's Valentine's banner in that regard.

Huh. Feels a bit weirder than Alfonse+Lif, but I can see it.

Looking at the internal IDs, Seiros is at 120000100400 (with Byleth and Sothis in the 120000100x00 series) while Rhea will most likely be the currently-missing 120000500100 (joining Seteth, Flayn, and other church units in the 120000500x00 series). This is like how Alfonse is grouped with Askr units while Lif is grouped with Hel ones.

With an epithet like Bound Spirit Duo I really don't see Sothis' partner being anyone but Byleth. It really just comes down to gender. I just think it will be Male Byleth though, not just because of JP VA theory but I think it will be a nice balance to have Male Byleth be with Sothis since Female Byleth got a Duo alt with Rhea already. It's not like a character getting multiple new art in Heroes in the same year is anything new. Though I also like Sothis and just so happen to have a preference to Male Byleth over Female Byleth so naturally I would to see the two of them together.

I also wonder if they will show silhouettes tonight or just jump straight to the trailer since we kind of know who they are already.

Edited by NSSKG151

I don't think so many three houses banners are ideal, but I can't blame their logic. Its still the big new game and there are still gaps that need filling . My main problem is that unlike the other three houses banners this one is playing things very safe. They are all important characters that have already been on one banner or another. 

Also for the tt reward. Maybe there's one unit that I haven't seen talked about

Spoiler

How about Almehda? She would complete the family and she's technically a dragon, but she could probably be another weapon type instead.

54 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I don't think so many three houses banners are ideal, but I can't blame their logic. Its still the big new game and there are still gaps that need filling . My main problem is that unlike the other three houses banners this one is playing things very safe. They are all important characters that have already been on one banner or another. 

Also for the tt reward. Maybe there's one unit that I haven't seen talked about

Reveal hidden contents

How about Almehda? She would complete the family and she's technically a dragon, but she could probably be another weapon type instead.

Spoiler

I would love to see Almedha in Heroes, but I don't know if this is her time or not. Also, it wouldn't complete the family since we're still missing Raijaion and Fallen Ashnard's mount doesn't count. Oh, also, because of Ena, Nasir is technically a part of the family. Pretty much the only Goldoan (with a name and face from FE9/10) not part of the royal family is Garreth, actually.

6 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I just don't understand why did they didn't shill 3H in 2019. I doubt anyone would've complained back then.

I think the reason they were more reserved with Three Houses units back in 2019 was because they were not sure how well received the game was going to be. Even the devs were surprised how much Three Houses blew up in popularity which is why they are more willing to pump out more units from that game because they now know they wil sell.