Halloween leak

TuxedoBird

Definitely going for Kurth, I got Dheginsea last year and I was hoping for his son to show up so that I can start getting the family together. The fact that he's the likely demote will make getting him even easier. 

11 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Eh, he could be the TT+ unit.

It would be funny to see Medeus in a costume.

Edited by Medeus

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Definitely going for Kurth, I got Dheginsea last year and I was hoping for his son to show up so that I can start getting the family together. The fact that he's the likely demote will make getting him even easier. 

It would be funny to see Medeus in a costume.

Yeah, I want Kurthnaga too, but I'm pretty much out of orbs right now (and am still trying to get Singing Shigure) so I may wait until the double seasonal banner. Still, indeed, it would be nice to see the family all together again! ^_^

As for Medeus, imagine him cosplaying Marth with a bunch of fake weapons stuck to him just because he wants to disturb him/Naga and wouldn't mind seeing a defeated Marth. X3 Like, "I can't kill you in actuality, so I'll just dress up as a dead/dying you so I can at least look at the image."

Oh good, they're seriously wasting our time with these anyways even though they have to know the banner lineup was leaked.

But even without the leak, it would've been painfully obvious who the character on the left is. 

Edited by Tybrosion

On 10/2/2021 at 8:49 PM, Florete said:

However, there's one particular thing that stands out to me that says that if either Byleth comes with Sothis, it will be female: there's already a male avatar on the banner. Yeah, yeah, patterns are made to be broken, but I don't see this happening. The only other reason I see given for male Byleth is that female Byleth is already in a duo, but that didn't stop Ephraim (or Alfonse or Veronica).

Can we really count Ephraim as precedent though? Like, one of his duos was a normal hero while the other was child-themed (basically different types of duos). In this case both duos would be seasonal, and has there ever been a hero with two seasonal duos? (Unless that's what Alfonse and Veronica's other duos were cause I only remember them having one each).

Also, I'm not sure we can say that Grima counts as actually being Robin (who's the actual avatar of Awakening). 

11 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I would love to see Almedha in Heroes, but I don't know if this is her time or not.

point is, when could her time be?
imho her chances of being in a regular New Heroes banner are basically 0%, so they either add her as a TT reward or... they don't add her at all, and i'd love to see her being playable in Heroes

37 minutes ago, Cosmic_Dragon said:

Can we really count Ephraim as precedent though? Like, one of his duos was a normal hero while the other was child-themed (basically different types of duos). In this case both duos would be seasonal, and has there ever been a hero with two seasonal duos? (Unless that's what Alfonse and Veronica's other duos were cause I only remember them having one each).

Also, I'm not sure we can say that Grima counts as actually being Robin (who's the actual avatar of Awakening). 

Duo Ephraim is basically a seasonal as it's not in the regular summoning pool. It's as precedent as anything can be. Duo Lif is Alfonse's and Veronica's second duo. They even refer to each other by those names in the dialogue.

Grima counts as Robin because the unit is literally named "Robin."

Just in case anyone wanted to look at this image in the thread.
"I'm here to deliver the latest info...stealthily, of course! According to my sources, new Special Heroes participating in the harvest festival will soon appear! I'm so curious to see who they are! There's also a Log-In Bonus to celebrate their arrival." -Feh, Fire Emblem Heroes official twitter post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FA0saMxWEAMVCI6?format=png&name=orig

...yeah, so are we Feh, so are we...

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh good, they're seriously wasting our time with these anyways even though they have to know the banner lineup was leaked.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its cute they're still doing silhouettes as if things haven't already leaked. 

I doubt casuals care enough to have paid attention to the existence of a leak.

Those of us here soaking up as much news as we can get our hands on aren't the only people who play this game.

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

point is, when could her time be?
imho her chances of being in a regular New Heroes banner are basically 0%, so they either add her as a TT reward or... they don't add her at all, and i'd love to see her being playable in Heroes

I wouldn't rule her out. For one, she's female. That's basically all you need, but she's also a dragon, and it's not like she couldn't be introduced on a normal or more different seasonal banner. If Olivia can have a non-seasonal non-CYL non-Legendary alt, I don't see what's stopping IS from throwing Almedha on a banner with, say, regular (or younger) Ashnard, Raijaion, and Izuka.

As for the silhouettes, looks like male Fallen Robin is going to copy female Fallen Robin's costume and be a werewolf. I sincerely hope that's just a trick of the shapes, though. This was their chance to really differentiate the two, but those ears and giant paws just really...look just like fem Fallen Robin's... On the other hand, Kurthnaga's costume looks interesting. The little tassels have cute little jack-o-lanterns on them. X3 And, interestingly, he looks like he has a little bird friend matching his mask/hat! I wonder if this is taken from Chinese mythology or something, since those sticks with the tassels remind me of those sorts of designs, like how Ena's costume was of a hopping vampire. He certainly has baggy sleeves. Or maybe those aren't bird hats/masks, but the keaton mask from LoZ? It really reminds me of it with that pointy nose/beak and the ears, but the little bird friend looks, well, like a bird to me. It's bird-shaped.

I saw it mentioned elsewhere, but since only one of the characters (and probably the backpack) are in the normal pool there’s a pretty good chance that the TT+ unit will be as well. Adding to this, there’s usually at least one child or child-like character in the Halloween banners. This all improves the chances for characters like Nils, Nah and Flayn but lowers it for characters like Nasir and Gareth, although obviously nothing can be confirmed.

Cute that Kurthnaga seems to be matching Ena, but I was hoping for something a little different for M!Grima. Will wait to see the artwork anyway.

13 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

On the other hand, Kurthnaga's costume looks interesting. The little tassels have cute little jack-o-lanterns on them. X3 And, interestingly, he looks like he has a little bird friend matching his mask/hat! I wonder if this is taken from Chinese mythology or something, since those sticks with the tassels remind me of those sorts of designs, like how Ena's costume was of a hopping vampire. He certainly has baggy sleeves. Or maybe those aren't bird hats/masks, but the keaton mask from LoZ? It really reminds me of it with that pointy nose/beak and the ears, but the little bird friend looks, well, like a bird to me. It's bird-shaped.

The hat looks like that of King Yan / King Enma, the god of the dead in Chinese and Japanese mythology, derived from Yama of Buddhist mythology.

Pairs well with Ena being a jiangshi, with both being of Chinese design and themed around death.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:11 PM, TuxedoBird said:

While I am personally not feeling the fatigue I do get why a lot of people are, and it would be nice to see more variety.

The community at large kept voting for 3H characters for the 2 CYLs they were available for, to the point of clogging up almost the entirety of the top ten of both genders with them: it's only natural for IS to want to capitalize on the evident demand. I've said this before, but if this excessive 3H shilling makes the fans back off for CYL 6, it'll be worth it.

I wonder which of the two 3H reps here will be the true star of the banner. Hmm...

29 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The community at large kept voting for 3H characters for the 2 CYLs they were available for, to the point of clogging up almost the entirety of the top ten of both genders with them: it's only natural for IS to want to capitalize on the evident demand. I've said this before, but if this excessive 3H shilling makes the fans back off for CYL 6, it'll be worth it.

I wonder which of the two 3H reps here will be the true star of the banner. Hmm...

Yeah, I know why they’ve been pushing it so hard and I don’t begrudge them. Hell I’ll fully admit to being part of the problem. I was thrilled about the Wolves getting in and I’m thrilled about Rhea and Sothis getting Halloween alts. No idea if it will affect CYL 6 or not.

And I’m going to say the duo.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The hat looks like that of King Yan / King Enma, the god of the dead in Chinese and Japanese mythology, derived from Yama of Buddhist mythology.

Pairs well with Ena being a jiangshi, with both being of Chinese design and themed around death.

Yeah, that sounds right! Thanks! I don't know enough about eastern mythologies to guess with that level of accuracy, so it's appreciated. ^_^

It seems like, for the past 3 years, there's been at least 1 representation of eastern mythology in the Halloween costumes, and all of them have been dragons. Ninnian and Tiki were a tenshi (I think that's what it was called) and an oni, Ena was a jiangshi, and if the guess here is right, Kurthnaga is King Enma. Pretty fitting, given his social status, too. Neat. ^_^

Though, I would like to see a year where it's just different sorts of FE monsters. Like, we could have Cherche+Lute as revenants, Risen King Chrom, someone from Fates being a Stoneborn (maybe Izana for the giggles, or Rajat for REASONS), and...well, there are a lot of other options, like Alm or Boey being an entombed (we already have the sprite of one from the last Heroes Journey), Artur or Knoll being a bonewalker/deathgoyle/tarvos (there are seriously SO many options), or even Feh herself being a Mogall! It's not like FE doesn't have its own monsters, after all. Heck, we could fill multiple banners with this theme. But if I was to pick and choose...

- Cherche + Lute: Undead Admirers, dressed up as revenants. They'd talk about how cute they (themselves + revenants in general) look. Though revenants typically use claw attacks, I don't see these guys as a beast unit, so they can be a flying sword unit (because I don't see Minerva getting left behind. In fact, Minerva can be dressed up as a dracolitch.) These two would be the star of the banner.

- Artur: Rattled Bones. Dressed up as a bonewalker. Infantry green bow. He's mostly here to support Lute, but all the monster costumes has him nervous. (Demote)

- Chrom: Risen King. It's just a costume, and Chrom himself finds it a little unsettling, but he's doing this because he's doing his best to partake of the festival in the way it's intended to be partook of. Infantry (or Armored) lance unit.

- Rahjat: Stone Cold. Wearing a draping dress and on her head a large, sun-hat-like stone mask from a Stoneborn. Armored colorless tome. She's leaning fully into the monster-infested atmosphere, scaring people, and enjoying herself. Keeps being mistaken for Tharja by Chrom. Cherche knows better.

- TT+: Mogall Feh, red tome flier (yeah, right; like IS would actually give us Feh as a unit) Yukimura: Clockwork Puppeteer. He'd be dressed up to look like an automaton (not the little ones sent out in Fates, but a custom one that still clearly reads as "automaton"), riding that mechanical lion from the Mechanist class from Fates. Cavalry blue dagger. His attacks would be throwing little dolls styled after the automatons from Fates. What's so monstrous about this, you ask? Well, would YOU want a machine to suddenly gain sentience and start fighting stuff? Also, this would get him into the game in a fitting thematic way, and tie in with Rahjat so she's not the only Fates character in this event.

30 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, that sounds right! Thanks! I don't know enough about eastern mythologies to guess with that level of accuracy, so it's appreciated. ^_^

Depictions of King Yan/Yama/Enma can vary. Some portray him a pretty normal-looking old man premodern East Asian bureaucrat, others make him more demonic. To pick one video game depiction that seems fairly accurate and that lay between ordinary human and pure demon.:

Yamasmt.jpg

As the King of Hell, Yama judges who is sinful, who is not, and if he condemns you, he determines your exact punishment. Hell in Buddhism is not eternal, eventually you'll be reincarnated, but if you go to Hell you will spend many many many lifetimes down there and it will be extremely painful, so don't do bad things while you live.

7 hours ago, TuxedoBird said:

Cute that Kurthnaga seems to be matching Ena, but I was hoping for something a little different for M!Grima. Will wait to see the artwork anyway.

I hope they get some screentime together. Their relation to each other isn't fully explored but it seems to be a strong one, and kinda sweet.