Mythic Hero Battle - Ótr: Kingsbrother

Landmaster

@Landmaster: Good choice in music track and it was funny to see OG Elise bully Otr with gravity.

And your right this wasn't too tricky to figure out. Needed a way for Roy to survive the speedy brave cav and that was the only thing I needed to think about. Otr bringing in deflect magic did't matter much since a bro tag team of Chad and Raigh still send him crying to Fafnir.

@Diovani Bressan @SatsumaFSoysoy @BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11

@Landmaster It was funny seeing Otr being totally helpless when OG!Elise forced him into armor tier mov. He's certainly bulky in Abyssal considering he didn't fold to Elise's sheer power in one round, but he fell just as other Legendaries/Mythics have so Elise Emblem still shows that it can deal with these maps easily. 

- - - - - - - - 

Short and cheesy. I think it's the first time I've featured little Eirika on a video, so that's a plus. OG couldn't do this because she needs to choose between NFU or Dodge, while the little Eirika has access to both. I think Brave Eirika can also do this if I gave her DC and Sol, but I don't have any DC fodder flying around atm to try that idea. 

Blargh, had to wake up early today, so I couldn't get to this right away like I usually do.

@BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @Maaka @GuiltyLove @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @daisy jane

He really should've kept his follow-up prevention.

Between Atk/Def Menace and Frenzy, Ótr had no way of tanking Silvia even with his Weapon effect on (and even if he did, Puddle could turn it off by blowing up the Steam Sword, she'd just need an Atk buff and a slightly different strat). The real misery for this map was surviving the aftermath; Balldigan needed Life and Death 7 to double the Steam Sword, and Leanne needed Steady Posture of all things to not get chipped out by the Blue Mage (he does 24 damage -- she'd live with 1 HP) and still have enough Spd to instagib the Green Flier at the start.

It was funny not actually needing any damaging Specials on an Abyssal map. Even with Melancholy and Pulse Smoke shutting them down, this team has enough raw damage (and bulk in Balldigan's case, even with L&D7 and subtracting his first Aether proc) to smash through all the enemies on their own merits. The only special I needed was Galeforce, and even that only needed to proc once when Silvia took Ótr out -- Odd Tempest is proving to be a great investment for Abyssal maps where she's likely to hit enemies more than twice.

Ugh, fuck you too Otr. These units really have no business being so bulky, my no merges units are showing signs of struggle whenever I have to take out anything with stupid high defenses. However, I was able to beat Otr abyssal on my own. After several trial-and-error experimentations. Couldn't have done it without Harmonic Leif, although I did have to give him trait fruit to make him not -atk.

Peony, Reinhardt, and Reginn also helped out, although the stupid spendthrift bow cavalier that shows up later LITERALLY 1HKOs Reginn, so I had to make a mad scramble to rearrange skills and seals so that I could stick a defensive seal on Reginn, just so she didn't die.

UGHHH why are there so many bulky units? Brave Micaiah's refine came at an apt time with the guaranteed doubles. I had to switch the Rein skill off Catria back to Goad Fliers to get a few kills.

I don't know if I'll try this with a full Whitewings clear. I'm too tired. It's nice seeing Catria blow things up as usual, though I would like to use a damaging special one of these days.

@Landmaster As mentioned in this thread already, it was nice to see Otr stymied by the Gravity effect. It's good to have magic users against these defensive titans.

@Some Jerk Eldigan has some serious power if he can hurt the enemies so much. Nice to see Azura, too. 

@NSSKG151 @Unknown Gamer11 @XRay @BoaFerox @LoneStar @Diovani Bressan @Flying Shogi

13 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I don't know if I'll try this with a full Whitewings clear. I'm too tired. It's nice seeing Catria blow things up as usual, though I would like to use a damaging special one of these days.

Surge Sparrow exists now for healing to help offset damage from counter attacks, so that lets you run something else other than Desperation/Dive Bomb on the B slot. It also means you can run a damage Special while still retaining some mobility from Galeforce by running Near Trace on the free B slot.

I personally would not run Surge Sparrow since I love Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers too much, but high HP player phase play style is a lot easier and viable now compared to before.

All that still cost a shit ton of Orbs though.

Edited by XRay

Here to bring an end to the mechanized nation's enforcer, it is the men's winner of CYL5, he who has won the hearts of many, brought upset to so many others, and yet still stands here as the pinnacle, nay the progenitor, of power and protection in all things.

And at his side... well, relatively close but not TOO close, was the Gatekeeper! He called Otr suspicious.

First time showing of what Brave Marth is truly capable of, and hooooooooooo by Naga's fang.
Flayn didn't turn out as helpful as I was thinking she would be, that is to say she only really reduced ally damage a few times... but her taking potshots at foes helped. I took Gatekeeper in initially to give Marth a mostly unconditional Atk/Spd boost, but his defensive abilities and own potshots really proved helpful. As for Peony, I just felt her supportive ability in this battle was more useful overall than what my usual Abyssal dancer (Legendary Azura) would have offered, duo skill notwithstanding.

I put all my chips on Marth, and he brought back a freaking chip-production factory. Dare I say it, he was the real winner of CYL5. I might have to actively try not to use him in Abyssal battles...

...I wonder if any of the videos I've shared in Abyssal battle threads has ever entertained/helped anyone? It's certainly fun for me, watching the units I've put so much behind paying off in a meaningful way.

@Landmaster I was honestly a little bit surprised you don't have any Traces yet for your Elises. Good luck on that in the future I suppose. Gravity made a fool out of Otr.

@Sasori Well, Otr sure charged forward at an inopportune time lol.

@Alexmender Reject Altina, substitute smolrika

@Some Jerk Oh hey, nice Frenzy. That certainly screwed Otr up. That turn 2 was wild too.

@Xenomata Damn, nice +10 BMarth. He sure is busted. As long as there's no Panic Smoke around. Though, nothing could've stopped you from bringing Ashera if you have her. A SINGLE STRIKE A SINGLE STRIKE A SINGLE STRIKE

@NSSKG151 @Diovani Bressan

Something a bit different from me again.

Can Leon and three dancers pull this off on Infernal?  Barely.  Had to get creative with positioning on this one, which amounted to blowing up the armor ASAP, then having Leon play constant clean-up.  Otr himself went down fairly quickly, but to be fair, not much survives two rounds with an irritated Leon.

Almost decided to use a different team but I just needed to swap up my supports to Commander Anna and Apotheosis Anna so she wouldn't die to the Steam Lance unit. Also needed someone to give an Infantry Pulse boost since the red tome cav had guard on them.

@Landmaster Nice clear! It's funny seeing those steam tank units not being able to move far because of the gravity effect.

@Alexmender Nice one turn clear! Duo Eirika is crazy strong even without merges.

@GuiltyLove Great clears! Brave Micaiah getting guaranteed follow ups was a great boon for her.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice Arden build. It was nice seeing him clean house. Even took Otr down in one round of combat. Guessing L!Lyn is good now after her skills were upgraded.

Edited by NSSKG151

@Sasori - Chad really dominated that first turn. Raigh was super useful given how many horses are on this map. Close call for Roy but that was a pretty brave handling of that 4th turn. Sometimes it pays to play a little more risky.

@Alexmender - Ayyye a new Eirika to the Abyssal clearing roster. Looks like the baby Eirika may have surpassed the master, really impressive one-turn!

@Some Jerk - I always love seeing that speedy yet tanky Eldigan of yours. Would really like to give him Wyvern Flight but I’m not nearly hitting those kind of speed numbers on him. Frenzy Silvia is really what she deserves. It’s honestly insane how versatile she can be with these new skills.

@GuiltyLove - Perfect time for B!Micaiah’s refine. Looks like she is already enjoying it. She’s particularly good to use against all the Cavs on the map, including Otr himself. Those Goads sure did come in useful for some clutch kills.

Well, if you have Bridal Catria, who can blame you for using her? She just makes chopping through these huge HP bars with her Triangle Attacks a breeze. I find it cute this team technically has 2 of each of the sisters + Thea.

@Xenomata - Nice +10 Brave Marth!! Flayn is a really good partner for him. Though, at +10, he does more than fine clearing the bulk of the map. I've been enjoying him in AR. Gatekeeper was a nice choice in case some off those cavs became problematic~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I’d love some Traces, I’ve just never really had a need for them yet, though they’d certainly be helpful. I don’t think I’ve pulled a unit with Trace yet, but the Elises are certainly at the top of the list to get them.

There he is, the man, the myth, the legend: Near Save Arden. Otr is certainly no match for him if he can get those quads off. Nice to see L!Lyn showing off her new refine, too.

I would honestly like to +10 V!Veronica. I need more feathers more so than Grails.

@NSSKG151 - Impressive seeing OG!Anna leading the charge this time considering that she tends to be on clean up. And beautiful finish with all the Annas lined up!

@Landmaster That did not look too bad at all for the Elises. Ótr sure got to feel the gravity of the situation.

@Sasori Nice work, Raigh made sure to abuse the fact that all these mechas have the same weaknesses as a horse. Deflect Magic did nothing for Ótr in the end.

@Some Jerk Nice work by the dancers as usual! Ninja Silvia really tore things up there. Odd Tempest seems like a great skill on her, wish I had more of it so I could put it on some of my own dancers.

@GuiltyLove Cool flier clear and Whitewing clear! Nice to see Micaiah's new refine in action, I haven't gotten the dew to refine mine yet (since I need to keep a reserve for Summer Tana who is likely coming up soon), but she will have it eventually.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice Arden, very strong and tough. I've been wanting to build him like this myself lately, I just have such a hard time choosing where to invest grails. Nice clear!

@NSSKG151 Great Anna one turn, and nice guest appearance by Marisa with that IP support! I found myself needing to put some support on my Young Tana to take care of that Steam Lance unit too, definitely the most troublesome unit on the map.

My clear features the newly completed Professor Byleth as a guest, thanks to the recent Fury banner. She did well taking out Ótr who the blue Tanas would have struggled with.

Hmm... I am a little late for the party. I had some personal health problems to deal with these past days.

Anyway, Ótr's MHB... not bad. 

Normal clear (this one I recorded this monday but didn't have time to post here until now):

One-Turn Clear (and this one I recorded and uploaded the day the map was available, on Thursday... but it was when I had take a break as well):

@Landmaster I liked how you played with gravity on Ótr, stopping him from reaching your units. And Yay! Mirabilis got a kill! Nice clear!

@Sasori Nice clear with the Binding Blade. It's nice to see that Niðavellir's mechas are weak to dark magic. Also... I love Roy's Nifl attire.

@Alexmender Well done with your one-turn clear. The kids surviving with 1 HP was pretty nice to see.

These days, I try to avoid using Duo Skills since they made most of the maps (if not all of them) way easier than they already are... well, except for some Limited Abyssal maps since you are limited in what units you can or cannot use and more rosters are way better than others. But that''s to create an extra challenge. When you just need to be done with a map, I usually do what you did as well. lol

@Some Jerk Yay! Dancers for the win! It's pretty impressive how you handle these maps with these units you use. Btw, pretty cool green skillset on Silvia.

@GuiltyLove Yeah... Ótr had no chance against Micaiah. Of course she would explode him with her magic attacks. The rest of the team also did well. I like Lilith's teleportation ability, and Nino being both supportive and offensive. Well done!

@NSSKG151 Oh nice one-turn with the Anna trio! 

Kinda late with my own replies, but here goes

@SatsumaFSoysoy Its been so long since i've seen Llyn that I forgot her animation is kinda cool. Also Arden sure was Strong and though this map. Taking care of Otr easily and near saving everyone.

@BoaFerox: Deflect magic wasn't too much of a threat, though without the res debuff from Chad, he actually would be able to tank it. But Prof Byleth is a good fit with the team. Her good stats at +10 and triangle adept made short work of Otr.

@Diovani Bressan Its my favourite resplendent. Actually a bit surprised people are  mixed on it.

But cool clears. For a gen 1 unit Nowi is still a amazing omni tank. The highlight was 'for the hope of al' vs 'for Fafnir' though

15 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I did not expect to see Iceberg on Nowi instead of Aether. Love seeing her! Legendary Ephraim is quite good with his new skillset. 

I use Nowi in AR Light season, with Eir and Dagr buffing her Res, so that's a good skill on her. Plus since her weapon has an unnecessary cooldown penalty, she can still trigger Iceberg on her follow-up attack thanks to Steady Stance seal.

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

Its my favourite resplendent. Actually a bit surprised people are  mixed on it.

But cool clears. For a gen 1 unit Nowi is still a amazing omni tank. The highlight was 'for the hope of al' vs 'for Fafnir' though

Yeah. His art is pretty good, and I really like the attire. He is probably my favorite Nifl resplendent.

Fun fact about Ótr's special quote: I had to record this clear like... three times. And all three times, he said "For Fáfnir". He really worships his adoptive brother.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:36 AM, BoaFerox said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice Arden, very strong and tough. I've been wanting to build him like this myself lately, I just have such a hard time choosing where to invest grails. Nice clear!

On the other hand, I don't have many important ideas for Grails.

Nice Tanas being taught by a teacher. Funny how YTana and OG Tana both talked about Innes treating them like a kid.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:17 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Funny how YTana and OG Tana both talked about Innes treating them like a kid.

Right? I tensed up when I heard that because I wanted that take to be successful lol. Luckily I did it right.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Apologies I've been gone so long, been a busy and kinda tough last few months, and while I recorded clears for most of the LHB/MHBs that have happened, hadn't posted them or responded to anything since I haven't been on serenes in a bit. I'm gonna have to play catch up and go post some of my past ones, but for now, here's Otr!

Twins theme team, with Lugh/Raigh and the brave versions of Eirika and Ephraim! Also showing a new build for Lugh that's just pure offense with a fox tome.

@Sasori Very nice and glad to see your Raigh is +10 now! The BB Boys strike again?

@Landmaster That gravity effect did great there, and I liked HS!Elise putting in some dual phase work.

@Diovani Bressan Great use of the new brave units, that last kill on Marth was particularly satisfying.

@BoaFerox That was clean, and hopefully with a refine coming up S!Tana will be able to participate herself a little more! I liked TA to get the kill on Otr too.

@NSSKG151 Impressive as usual, you think you'll get OG Anna up to 20 flowers at some point? Nice to see her taking point on this one too.

@GuiltyLove Some very close calls, but flier buffs still coming in clutch. Always fun to see the huge + numbers there on Lilith too (and see her get used).

@Some Jerk Dancers still can't be stopped! Maybe we'll get lucky and smolzura will be the only dancer to get a refine.

@Alexmender Otr's army stopped by the immovable force of two twins. Even unmerged those two + their support were great, even with some very close calls there.

@SatsumaFSoysoy I like this team comp a lot, and always nice to see a recently upgraded unit like L!Lyn get some love.

@Xenomata Well I can certainly say I believe in B!Marth now. Very nice +10!

@Unknown Gamer11 : Twins everywhere. Cool theme and a cool team too. Brave Eirika hits like a truck even when umerged and your Lugh really goes to town on everyone. Raigh clearing the first wave and that annoying dazzling staff user was cool too.

And the BB will always strike again. Though I do have to work on my Matthew again now since Raigh's new stats caused problems for my original Raigh team.