Special Heroes: Shared Bounty

NSSKG151

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we've had Infantry Sothis, Armored Sothis and now Flying Sothis. Is the next alt for Sothis make her cavalry? Jokes aside I like her art here and she's with Male Byleth so I might spend some orbs to summon her especially since I didn't get Harmonic Tiki last year. Don't really care for anyone else on the banner.

Sophia is interesting choice for the TT unit. Looking at the trailer she seems to be a flying blue tome unit. I'm guessing she is going to be slow but have tanky defenses based on her base self but I will wait to see the stats

Edited by NSSKG151

Welp, it definitely looks like Male Byleth is Sothis's Duo Hero Partner after all since I was expecting it would have been an another Dragon Unit since this is a Dragon related Festival like how last year's was Tiki + Ninian handled. It's good to see Sophia joins in the Festival as the Free Unit.

Edited by King Marth 64

Kurth's stat line vs. Ena's
45/39/27/36/35/182
44/36/23/37/36/176 [Ena]

Sothis & M!Byleth's stat line vs. Y!Tiki & Ninian's
40/36/42/31/34/183
39/39/42/32/25/177 [Y!Tiki & Ninian]

RIP Gareth. That poor bastard is never getting in now.

But nah, Sophia is a fine (though unexpected) choice for the TT unit. She was past overdue for an alt "thanks" to Est.

Sophia is the TT+ unit!? I never saw that one coming, but it's not out of place as she does have ties to dragons. 

As for the banner, it seems a bit...boring? Maybe it's just me. 

M!Grima's prf is very similar to his female counterpart. It trades DC for Slaying and a Spendthrift-like effect. A/R Near Save is worse than A/D for obvious reasons, but a Save is still a pretty valuable skill so it's still amazing. 

Rhea has great art, I really like it. Her Prf is an improved version of Seiros prf because this one isn't tied to phases, instead it focuses on her own HP and the opponent's HP. 

Kurthnaga is ok. He has good stats at 45/39/27/36/35 with a likely superasset in Atk. Fodder is ok-ish, Even Pulse Tie is niche but it can serve for certain teams. The new inheritable breath is pretty cool for tanks. A smaller Spendthrift effect and Guard is nothing to scoff at, and Kurth makes great use of it thanks to his good mixed bulk. He's gonna need all the merges and a kit revamp to work at his fullest, but as a demote he's pretty great! 

Duo Sothis being paired with M!Byleth isn't surprising considering the VA theories that are actually pretty credible, IMO. Her Prf isn't very impressive despite all the good effects. +5 to all stats, DC and Slaying is a killer combo, but I don't like how the weapon needs the foe to be >=75% HP to work. Granted, the weapon always works on enemy phase but that means little when fliers don't have many options for tanking and Duo Sothis doesn't have a min maxed stat spread to make the most out of her weapon. 40/36/42/31/34 isn't very impressive, but I guess that's where Dragon's Wrath comes in. If I'm reading it correctly, rather than giving True dmg it gives a dmg boost similar to the one V!Catria or Duo Alm's prfs give. The dmg reduction is too minor to matter most of the time, so meh. 

As for the Duo Skill. It's pretty good, actually. It's NFU and Time's Pulse for Sothis and her allies every other turn.

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Sophia is the TT+ unit!? I never saw that one coming, but it's not out of place as she does have ties to dragons.

Well, Sophia is technically Half-Human and Half-Blooded Divine Dragon. She definitely counts to join in a Dragon Related Festival like Ninian was in last year's Halloween Banner.

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm Happy to see the TT unit be in a usable unit class since I'm skipping the banner, and I don't want to suffer through the competitive modes. I got super lucky yolo summoning Pirate!Hinoka. Even though Sophia is likely to be slow.

H!Sothis in arena? Whatever, I've been Cherche's Axe'ing blue units for years now.

Might +1 Kurthnaga given his breath seems pretty cool, and I can dump all the dragon-specific skills I have on him for one (1) dragon tank. 

Rhea's art is lovely. If next month wasn't going to drain me of all my orbs, I'd be tempted to get her too.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sothis & M!Byleth's stat line vs. Y!Tiki & Ninian's
40/36/42/31/34/183
39/39/42/32/25/177 [Y!Tiki & Ninian]

On the Offensive side, Tiki is better. Especially if you also counts that she has Blade effect based on Def+Res x1.5.

All the units with exclusive Weapons seem pretty good, but none of them feel particularly amazing.

Robin: Fall Reincarnation is pretty decent. You basically want Moonbow-Dragon Wall-Quick Riposte to finish the build. DR Near Save would also be better in my opinion, but AR Near Save is good enough that I do not think it is necessary to switch out. If you do not mind giving up Dragon Wall, the only decent alternative I can think of for B would be Crafty Fighter to move Guard to that slot, and then that frees up A for Close Def, Bonds, Unities, Breaths, and Svalinn Shield. Bold Fighter is also an option for dual phase.

Rhea: Witch of Creation is also pretty decent with guaranteed follow-up and follow-up denial on both phases. Since she is a dual phas unit, I think Solo or Ideal of the Atk/Res variety would be better on A. Heavy Blade is also an option if you want to spam Moonbow or something.

Kurthnaga: Autumn Goldoan got Lantern Breath and Even Pulse Tie, which are both pretty good in my opinion. Lantern Breath is also much better than the crappy Breath of Fog that Y!Tiki and A!Tiki got.

Sothis: Bound-Spirit Duo is okay as a fast dual phase unit. Dragon's Wrath is crap though, and Dragon Wall seems like the only good dual phase option. And whenever it gets released, AS Near Trace can be a nice alternative to give the unit a bit more mobility like dual phase Galeforcers.

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

On the Offensive side, Tiki is better. Especially if you also counts that she has Blade effect based on Def+Res x1.5.

I would not say one is necessarily better than the other. While both are dual phase units, they do not do it the same way.

As a plain Spd based dual phase unit, I would argue Sothis: Bound-Spirit Duo is a bit better even after factoring the extra few points in Spd that Tiki: Harmonic Hope can squeeze out of her Weapon and Flowers, as Sothis: Bound Spirit Duo just provides more well rounded stats and got better Res to use Dragon Wall.

As a Counter-Vantage dual phase unit, this is clearly what Tiki: Harmonic Hope is made for, so this role is not something that anyone can easily do.

Edited by XRay

Quick, pretend to be shocked!

I had been hoping that Nils would be the TT+ unit, but Sophia is a nice surprise. I like it. As expected, Male Byleth is Sothis's partner. All the units look fine, it's all just so...unexciting. I don't think I'll be spending any orbs here, which is fine and gives me more time to keep saving up.

Hey, remember when Dragon units were allowed to have seasonal alts where they WEREN'T dragon units? Me neither.

Overall... big skip. Even when considering I have beans in a different basket already, nobody here feels absolutely necessary. Good for sure, probably gonna be real annoying to fight, but not important to summon...

You can thank the recent banners for cleaning me out of orbs.  I'll pull on this whenever I have excess orbs, which isn't very often!  If I went after anyone, it would be Grima to complete the collection.

Oh hey, we finally get Dragon Exp.

All of the art looks great.

Kurthnaga is really, really, really cute. That he's the 4-star also means I can feasibly get him to +10. Can I make him an honorary dragon girl?

Grima looks like a pretty typical bulky armor with the same healing effect that female Grima has being what sets him apart from others. His default Stance + Slick Fighter looks like a good combination for general Aether Raids since penalties are more common than bonuses, but he'll want to switch to Close Def + Crafty Fighter for Arena or Svalinn Shield + Crafty Fighter if Brave Eirika remains popular on defense. Personally, I'm not too fond of him being colorless simply because of how stupidly hard Eirika hits. I think green is a better color for Aether Raids.

Rhea is green Seiros, but with both effects active on both phases, which kind of feels like a slap in the face to Seiros.

Kurthnaga's weapon is the new best inheritable dragonstone for bulky dragons. He basically needs his entire base kit other than his weapon replaced, but his stat spread is really good. He's a slightly less bulky Ena with more Atk (and more Spd, but that's not too relevant). It's a bit disappointing that he's the exact same color as Ena, though.

Sothis is basically just every other Sothis combined, but blue and flying. Her Duo skill is Legendary Byleth's Drive Null Follow-Up as a field buff plus a not-at-the-start-of-the-turn Time's Pulse for her and nearby allies.

Sophia is probably going to have her original stat spread boosted to modern values. It's kind of worth noting that there there is currently only one red tome flier with Spd less than 30, Plumeria with 18 Spd, so I'm basically just expecting her to be Plumeria with 15 more points of Def. Her weapon's effect is anyone's guess since Kurthnaga is the only one on the banner with an inheritable weapon, but it would be cool to have the same effect because it's a really good effect.

Translation notes, as usual:

The banner's name is 人と竜との収穫祭 (hito to ryū to no shūkakusai), "Harvest Festival with Humans and Dragons".

Robin's epithet, Fall Reincarnation, is 混沌の収穫祭 (konton no shūkakusai), "Chaotic Harvest Festival". Unlike the English epithet, there is no reference to Grima's original epithet because the first part is the same for both vanilla Grimas, but the second part is the same for both Halloween Grimas, so mixing and matching doesn't actually work.

Moonstrike Breath is 誰彼のブレス (darekare no buresu), "Breath of Many (People)", presumably referring to the fact that the breath includes ghosts.

A/R Near Save is 兜の護り手・近間 (kabuto no mamorite: chikama), "Guardian of the Helmet: Near", referring to the guardian being represented by the symbol of the helmet. The skill name is not new, as it's the same as the Far version, but it's still worth pointing out the naming convention. Guardian of the Helmet grants Atk/Res, Guardian of the Shield grants Def/Res, and Guardian of the Armor grants Atk/Def, hence the icons. It's also worth noting that the color of the icon's background indicates the stats being boosted, while the color of the symbol on the icon (the shield, armor, and the plume of the helmet) indicates whether it is a Near (red) or Far (blue) skill.

Rhea's epithet, Witch of Creation, is 豊穣の魔女 (hōjō no majo), "Witch of Bountiful Harvest". So basically the witch of tawawa.

Witch Breath is 魔女のブレス (majo no buresu), "Witch Breath".

Kurthnaga's epithet, Autumn Goldoan, is 収穫祭の竜王子 (shūkakusai no ryū-ōji), "Dragon Prince of the Harvest Festival".

Lantern Breath is 提灯の竜石 (chōchin no ryūseki), "Paper-Lantern Dragonstone".

Dragon Exp. is 竜の経験 (ryū no keiken), "Dragon Experience".

Sothis's epithet, Bound-Spirit Duo, is 収穫祭の繋ぐ魂 (shūkakusai no tsunagu tamashii), "Linked Souls of the Harvest Festival".

Eerie Scripture is 奇夜の福音 (kiya no fukuin), "Gospel of the Strange Night".

Dragon's Wrath is 竜の魔鱗 (ryū no marin), "Dragon's Magic Scales".

Sophia's epithet, Cobweb Prophet, is 祝祭の予言者 (shukusai no yogensha), "Festival Prophet".

Spider Plush is クモのぬいぐるみ (kumo no nuigurumi), "Spider Plush".

EDIT: Added Spider Plush from the Tempest Trials announcement.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Sometimes it feels like the more sure I am about a prediction, the more likely I'll be wrong.

Ah, well, makes the banner that much easier to skip.

I don't see what the problem is, Female Byleth already was part of a duo for Summer. They like to keep the Avatars even, as seen with Robin getting his Alternate Costume this Halloween, and with Male Byleth being part of a Duo, they are currently even. We'll probably get a Legendary Male Corrin as a Hoshido Noble soon so the Corrins will be equal. 

I'm not thrilled with Byleth and Sothis being there, but at least Sothis has a good personality to go trick or treating. 

Rhea's dragon form having a witch hat too is cute. The school principle dressing up for halloween is a good enough idea, its just a shame there are no students for her to interact with.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her weapon's effect is anyone's guess since Kurthnaga is the only one on the banner with an inheritable weapon, but it would be cool to have the same effect because it's a really good effect.

From the Tempest Trials announcement, the Spider Plush+  indeed has the same effect (If foe initiates combat or if foe's HP is greater than/equal to 75% at start of combat, Grants Atk +5 to unit, inflicts Atk -5 and Special Cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack during combat), and it is superduper adorable and I want 23.

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

From the Tempest Trials announcement, the Spider Plush+  indeed has the same effect (If foe initiates combat or if foe's HP is greater than/equal to 75% at start of combat, Grants Atk +5 to unit, inflicts Atk -5 and Special Cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack during combat), and it is superduper adorable and I want 23.

Oh wow. It's really cute.

Sophia herself is looking gorgeous, too.

I know who I'm giving Knoll's Forging Bonds accessories to.

Also updated my translation notes with Spider Plush.

3 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

I don't see what the problem is, Female Byleth already was part of a duo for Summer. They like to keep the Avatars even, as seen with Robin getting his Alternate Costume this Halloween, and with Male Byleth being part of a Duo, they are currently even. We'll probably get a Legendary Male Corrin as a Hoshido Noble soon so the Corrins will be equal. 

I never said there was a problem.

Byleths aren't even, though, M Byleth has a legendary while female doesn't.