Special Heroes: Shared Bounty

NSSKG151

3 hours ago, Florete said:

I never said there was a problem.

Byleths aren't even, though, M Byleth has a legendary while female doesn't.

But she has a Summer Alt while the Male doesn’t. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its a shame Male Byleth got to be the Byleth. He's by far the more boring of the two.

How? I've always been under the impression that both Byleths are complete and utter blank existences who still somehow manage to be The most interesting man/woman in the world by virtue of being a person with a mysterious past.

...with literally the only difference being in gender I mean. At least the Robins and Corrins have subtle personality differences mostly evident in support conversations....

I don't see why Male Byleth having more alts than Female Byleth is that much of a big deal (I kind of don't even consider this a Byleth alt since it is more of a Sothis alt with Male Byleth attached to her). Male Kris also has more alts than Female Kris yet no one seems too mind that. It's kind of funny actually since usually people are complaining about female characters getting too much attention. Also, we all know Female Byleth is going to win CYL6 and get a Brave alt and we will also get a Legendary alt when IS is desperate for more Legendary Heroes.

Just now, Xenomata said:

How? I've always been under the impression that both Byleths are complete and utter blank existences who still somehow manage to be The most interesting man/woman in the world by virtue of being a person with a mysterious past.

...with literally the only difference being in gender I mean. At least the Robins and Corrins have subtle personality differences mostly evident in support conversations....

Oh they're both bland. But Fembeth dressing like a hooker at leaves gives her outfit some character, even if its the really silly sort. And with female Byleth you can at least use her as a visual indicator for the growth of the students. Boys like Caspar and Ashe being shorter than her but ending the game being taller could be consider some thematic growth, the boys now being men, and standing equal with their teacher. You have this a little bit with male Byleth but to a lesser degree due to him being taller. 

Called the partner being M!Byleth. Man, these guys look so good! Sophia being the TT+ unit is kind of out of left field, though. Good on those who called Kurthnaga being the 4* unit.

As for me, I'm surprised at how many of these guys I want. I knew I'd want Kurthnaga, but I also want Robin and Sothis (for Sothis, it's only because M!Byleth looks so great.) If I have the orbs, I'll go for Kurthnaga, and if I get him, I think I'll go for both Robin and Sothis and see who pops up first (if at all.)

After reading some of the comments: Oh yeah, and Dragon Exp kind of came out of nowhere. Like, why even at this point, IS? XD

37 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

After reading some of the comments: Oh yeah, and Dragon Exp kind of came out of nowhere. Like, why even at this point, IS? XD

Meanwhile, there's still no Colorless Tome Valor (or Exp. but, as established, who cares about the Exp. skills).

As someone who has all the available Valor skills, you better believe the lack of a Colorless Tome Valor irked me greatly when leveling CYL Marianne and Legendary Micaiah.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, there's still no Colorless Tome Valor (or Exp. but, as established, who cares about the Exp. skills).

As someone who has all the available Valor skills, you better believe the lack of a Colorless Tome Valor irked me greatly when leveling CYL Marianne and Legendary Micaiah.

Yeah, I'm trying to collect them, myself. Just missing axe valor, staff valor, and red tome valor. Colorless tomes are still pretty new, so they'll probably come out with it eventually. In fact, Dragon Exp may be a hint that they're looking at the exp and valor skills again, and will come out with C Tome Valor soon. Maybe even as early as with the Christmas banner.

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh yeah, and Dragon Exp kind of came out of nowhere. Like, why even at this point, IS? XD

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

(or Exp. but, as established, who cares about the Exp. skills).

I'm probably the only person that cares about Exp. skills, but I do like not having to run the level-34 Special Training map the additional 1-2 times to fully level up a character.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm probably the only person that cares about Exp. skills, but I do like not having to run the level-34 Special Training map the additional 1-2 times to fully level up a character.

This would be me too, except that I recognize that having to get more kills means I get more SP (which I value more since some skills are a bit spendy), so I tend not to use Exp skills. If I want to rush someone to 40, I'll use gems.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

This would be me too, except that I recognize that having to get more kills means I get more SP (which I value more since some skills are a bit spendy), so I tend not to use Exp skills. If I want to rush someone to 40, I'll use gems.

Are you repeating lower-level maps to get more kills, or are you just running every map once?

If you're running every map once, you lose maybe two or three kills that are worth SP at the maximum, so there's very little reason to not run an Exp. skill. Starting each map a level higher or so can occasionally make a difference (especially for units with borderline Spd stats), and I think that's worth it enough to lose a dozen or so SP.

If you're repeating lower-level maps for more low-stamina kills, I'm actually not sure how many more kills you actually get, but I'm still not really convinced that the difference is all that large. I've been curious exactly how much of a difference it actually makes (in terms of SP per stamina) and should probably test it at some point.

Stats [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

fppqft4vqqr71.png

Sothis & M!Byleth
Super Asset(s): Atk, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd

M!Robin
Super Asset(s): Def
Super Flaw(s): Atk

Rhea
Super Asset(s): Def, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk, Spd

Kurthnaga
Super Asset(s): none
Super Flaw(s): Spd
*Dragon Exp. 3 is the 4* unlock.

Sophia
Super Asset(s): HP
Super Flaw(s): Def, Res
*Atk/Res Form 3 is the 4* unlock.

Everybody but Sothis is so slow.

Also, I still hate spiders but at least Sophia's plush isn't anywhere near as realistic-looking to be trigger-y.

I was going through the art on the character introductions page, and it has come to my attention that Sophia is not the only one in this batch that has spicy shoulders.

Spoiler

reflet_fall_reincarnation_slide04.png

I... was most definitely not expecting that.

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I was going through the art on the character introductions page, and it has come to my attention that Sophia is not the only one in this batch that has spicy shoulders.

Hide contents

reflet_fall_reincarnation_slide04.png

I... was most definitely not expecting that.

Nice.

Couldn't let his Fallen version get all the attention, huh?

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Are you repeating lower-level maps to get more kills, or are you just running every map once?

If you're running every map once, you lose maybe two or three kills that are worth SP at the maximum, so there's very little reason to not run an Exp. skill. Starting each map a level higher or so can occasionally make a difference (especially for units with borderline Spd stats), and I think that's worth it enough to lose a dozen or so SP.

If you're repeating lower-level maps for more low-stamina kills, I'm actually not sure how many more kills you actually get, but I'm still not really convinced that the difference is all that large. I've been curious exactly how much of a difference it actually makes (in terms of SP per stamina) and should probably test it at some point.

I just training tower everything. So, I start with the units (2-3 trainees at a time) at level 1, a valor skill holder (which I refer to as a "trainer") and a dancer, and I begin at the first stratum, then work my way up as the levels of the trainees get within 3 or so levels below the lower levels of the stratum above the one they're on. Currently, I have a rather unusual group I'm training, since I just got Singing Shigure, in that he's the refresher, the trainer, AND one of the trainees. I'm levelling up Valentine's Veronica, Student Marianne, and Bride Ninnian alongside him, so things are going a bit more slowly than usual, but so it is when one gets a new trainer. Currently, they're around level 35, so I'm juuust getting them into the 8th stratum.

Edit: Back on topic:

Oh my gooooosh Kurthnaga and Robin's damaged art is so cute! I love the attention to detail: the ghost around Kurthnaga and the cookies and such around Robin look like "Ow. I was bapp'd." X3 Oh, looks like Rhea has some cookies that do that too. Also, Robin's crit art was clever. Like, he just decided to take out one of the lollypops in his belt and start eating it. XD

Edited by Mercakete

My luck makes no sense.

I used my leftover orbs from Otr's banner and got 3 5-star copies of Kurthnaga from 20 pulls (75 orbs), with the free pull giving me a [+Atk, -Spd] copy and my fourth board giving me 2 5-star copies of Kurthnaga on the same board.

And I haven't gotten a 4-star copy of him yet.

Why can't my luck be normal for once.