Tempest Trials+: Ice & Flame 4

Diovani Bressan

A new Tempest Trials+ is coming, titled "Ice & Flame 4"! 

YwdmSsO.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Halloween Sothis (& Halloween Byleth), Halloween Rhea, Halloween Male Grima, Halloween Kurthnaga, Halloween Sophia, Male Byleth, Male Robin and Sophia.

zacVTvA.jpg

Halloween Sophia's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

EHBzbxv.jpg

A half-dragon priestess from Nabata. She has come to the harvest festival
accompanied by her spider friend. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.

RXNTqyv.png Spider Plush+ (Might: 12/ Range: 2)
If foe initiates combat or if foe's HP ≥ 75% at start of combat, grants Atk+5 to unit, inflicts Atk-5 on foe,
and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

iFcMAdH.png Ardent Sacrifice (Range: 1)
Restores 10 HP to target ally. Unit loses 10 HP but cannot go below 1.

zTbQcfA.png Atk/Res Form 3
If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Res+X to unit during combat
(X = 2 × number of allies within 2 spaces, + 1; max 7).

V0fTaex.png Sabotage Res 3
At start of turn, if any foe's Res ≤ unit's Res-3 and that foe is adjacent to another foe,
inflicts Res-7 on that foe through its next action.

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

7evhGwe.png Odd Def Wave 3
At start of odd-numbered turns, grants Def+6 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn.
(Bonus granted to unit even if no allies are adjacent.)

tnnP49j.png Shield Session 3
If foe initiates combat, grants bonus to unit's Def/Res during
combat = 9 - number of foes who have already acted × 3 (min value of 3).

You can also earn some Divine Codes: Ephemera 10 by reaching the 6,000 score, and an Anima Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

The next event in the series, titled Ice & Flame 5, is scheduled for Ver. 5.11.0. Because the story of Ice & Flame is told through a series of events,
you will be able to view the story on the Tempest Trials+ event page after the event is over, even if you didn't participate in it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is a lot of Ice and Flame. Wonder how much longer it'll be.

My guess was 2, but when we got 3, it shifted to 4. Both (non-mythical) deities have prepared their champions, so I'm guessing they'll meet in this one, and at the end of the event, perhaps convince their respective patrons to play somewhat nice (not that they can't, since both are summonable and thus can be deployed on the same team already.) Looking forward to Bruno's arc finishing up in the TT+'s focusing on Askr and Embla! (And having a full set of 4 for the non-mythic dragon deities! ...Not that I actually have Nifl or Muspell yet...)

As for the rewards, the costume is nice, but even though the spider plush is cute, it also triggers my arachnophobia and freaks me out and makes me be all "get it away get it away get it away GET IT AWA-" ...So, yeah, I may immediately unequip it from mine.

Edited by Mercakete

35 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Looking forward to Bruno's arc finishing up in the TT+'s focusing on Askr and Muspell!

was the last thing we heard about Bruno's arc that it somehow involves the taguel?

5 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

was the last thing we heard about Bruno's arc that it somehow involves the taguel?

Yeah, ish? He made a cameo in Book 5 to tell Reginn and the Askrans about Embla being under attack (unless that was Loki in disguise, but I'm leaning toward that actually having been him.) Also, thanks for quoting me; I noticed that I wrote "Muspell" instead of "Embla" whoops. I'll go fix it.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

This is a lot of Ice and Flame. Wonder how much longer it'll be.

I am guessing it will end before Version 6.0, so I believe Part 5 may be the last one... at least I hope so.

Maybe we get a TT series focused on Eir next?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I assume this part will just be Laegjarn and Muspell interacting and potentially getting the latter’s backstory. Basically, it’ll be what Part 2 was with Fjorm and Nifl.

I do wonder if this one will have a thematically appropriate boss (like pirate Surtr in Part 2)…..or if it’ll just be one of the Halloween dragons for no reason other than laziness.

I really love H!Sophia's artwork so I will +10 her.  I figure Ice and Flame will end next TT like others have said.  I need to see who needs HM to team up with m!Byleth.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I do wonder if this one will have a thematically appropriate boss (like pirate Surtr in Part 2)…..or if it’ll just be one of the Halloween dragons for no reason other than laziness.

Well, we got the answer to this question [DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

zjh7bxcqnqr71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Super Fjorm (character title is "Ice Ascendant") here is the boss this time.

Weapon: Nifl's Bite
Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, restores 7 HP to unit after combat, and also, if foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, neutralizes effects that prevent unit's counterattacks during combat.

53 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, we got the answer to this question [DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

zjh7bxcqnqr71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Super Fjorm (character title is "Ice Ascendant") here is the boss this time.

Weapon: Nifl's Bite
Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, restores 7 HP to unit after combat, and also, if foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, neutralizes effects that prevent unit's counterattacks during combat.

?????

Is she literally named Super Fjorm

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

?????

Reveal hidden contents

Is she literally named Super Fjorm

Spoiler

No, that was just me using a dumb shorthand. She is "Fjorm: Ice Ascendant".

She's also an armored unit apparently and thus is aping her mother's killer.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

No, that was just me using a dumb shorthand. She is "Fjorm: Ice Ascendant".

She's also an armored unit apparently and thus is aping her mother's killer.

Did we really need another Fjorm

They could have at least been a bit more creative and said this was her ancestor the first queen of Nifl or something

Opening dialogue [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Nifl: Fjorm. Be still. Múspell has come.

Fjorm: Here?!

Nifl: He has likely granted his power to a mortal and made it his champion. You will need my power to have any chance of opposing them... Kneel. And close your eyes.

Fjorm: Y-yes...

Nifl: As ice wills... You are my champion. You are my weapon, my shield, my child...born anew.

STONE FLASH:

Fjorm (new art) Wh-what is—

Nifl: As my champion, you have been granted the power of the ice god. My power. Wield this power as a tool to bring low the god who would oppose me. But not yet! Use it only when it has come time to face Múspell's chosen champion.

Fjorm: But who is Múspell's champion? I know of no one who it could possibly be...

Nifl: It makes no difference. They are your enemy, and they mean to kill you. Remember that, for your own sake. You must not die. You must survive.

Fjorm: Lady Nifl...

Nifl: Silence. Wipe that pleased look off your face. Do not mistake my interest in your survival for some juvenile sense of emotional attachment. Now, come.

Muspell: Good, good... Now you are now the champion of Múspell!

Laegjarn: ...

Muspell: No gratitude? Don't you know a dog ought to wag its tail and beg when offered a treat?!

Laegjarn: ...Hng-gyah!

Muspell: Now use my power to kill Nifl's champion! ...Or try. But they will have a power similar to your own. And how do you imagine that might play out on the battlefield?

Laegjarn: If we each use our power to defeat the other, then...it will be a draw.

Muspell: Correct. The powers I and Nifl wield are equal.

Laegjarn: ...You gods may have power far beyond that of mortals... I cannot say the same when it comes to your strategy, however.

Muspell: What?!

Laegjarn: Your powers are equally matched... Your champions fight to a draw... How do you plan to win?

Muspell: Heh heh! Indeed! Ah... Since I'm in a good mood, allow me to let you in on something... My victory is decided. From the very beginning, when the nine realms first came to be. It was all laid out in the Twilit Runes.

Laegjarn: What are...the Twilit Runes?

Thorr: ... The Twilit Runes are prophecy. The unavoidable future.

Loki: They were written by Alfaðör himself, and they tell of how the gods will one day come to ruin... Within them, all of time, from the very beginning to the absolute end of it all.

Ending dialogue [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Muspell: So, I have no need to plan; I can TELL you how the fight will end. Now, take this, dog. Catch.

Laegjarn: ...Th-this stone! It's just like the one my father— Where did this come from?!

Muspell: That stone is your lifeblood: the Flame Gem. It will return you to life if you die. The Twilit Runes say, "Two gods war, their champions spill blood... "Ice melts while the flame remains... "Pierced by frost, the Flame Gem rekindles, the champion renewed." Now, you tell me what you think will happen...

Laegjarn: ...Princess Fjorm and I will fight. She will strike me down. And this gem will resurrect me.

Muspell: Good girl. Well done. So you can see, it's simple. I win.

Laegjarn: ...

Muspell: HAH! It will be something to see... How do you think that ice brat will perform? What will she do? Cry? Scream? And then you'll kill each other!

Laegjarn: ...How much humiliation am I expected to bear? This blood I've inherited... The blood of someone as low, as petty as you...

Muspell: Hah! Did I ask you to speak, dog? More discipline is needed, it seems! One more thing to look forward to. But for now... Where are you, Nifl?!

Thorr: ...

Loki: My, that is some scowl you're wearing. What could be troubling you so, I wonder? Ice, flame, and their champions are on the move. Their fight is about to begin! Where's your excitement?

Thorr: ...They've both put everything on the line for this fight. As such, they are worthy of respect. The result of this battle, however, has already been decided...

Loki: And so you find it unsatisfactory?

Thorr: ...Of course not. It is Alfaðör's will, and we are his servants. There is no room for dissatisfaction. There is one question I do have, though, Loki... How is it that Múspell knows the content of the Twilit Runes? You told him, did you not? What is your play here, exactly?

Loki: Well, as you said... It doesn't matter what I do, does it? It is Alfaðör's will, and we are his servants and all... Nothing we do can change the course of time as it was decided in the time of creation... Right? EFace_Cool|We ought to embrace the opportunity to enjoy a good fight! We wouldn't want it to go to waste...

Datamine:

Spoiler

Already mentioned in the general discussion thread, but long-haired Fjorm looks gorgeous and I need, like, 11 of her.

The full artwork for Sophia is up on the character introductions page, and they really knocked it out of the park on this one. The open-shouldered spider-web-themed gothic lolita dress with the sheer front panel on the skirt is absolutely perfect. Also, as someone who has had a huge collection of stuffed animals since childhood, the damaged art of the spider plushie is adorable, but makes me super sad to see it beat up like that.

I can't stop staring at the spider plushie. It's so adorable.

sofiya_harvest_prophet_info01.pngsofiya_harvest_prophet_info03.png

Edited by Ice Dragon

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I can't stop staring at the spider plushie. It's so adorable.

The only thing that’d make this Sophia even better, in my opinion, is if it was a Joltik plush.

Hopefully someone will make fan art of that.

Spoiler

Okay, they have no excuse now. Alfonse: King of Askr please. Also, does this mean Leagjarn will get a souped-up form, too? Eir probably will, too... And I hope they give Bruno one for Embla, but it will probably go to Veronica instead.

Final map [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

56a28q6sqrr71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Wow, what a power up letdown with skills like those. Thanks Nifl, you cheap bitch.

Raw 5* Lv. 40 Stat Line: 43/39/41/31/36/190
*Subject to change slightly when she becomes summonable, of course

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Final map [SPOILERS]: 

Hide contents

56a28q6sqrr71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Wow, what a power up letdown with skills like those. Thanks Nifl, you cheap bitch.

Raw 5* Lv. 40 Stat Line: 43/39/41/31/36/190
*Subject to change slightly when she becomes summonable, of course

Spoiler

To be fair, Nifl and Muspell themselves only had "placeholder skills" before they were given an Aether Raids skill and their Prf Domain skills, so hopefully at least one part of  Ascendant Fjorm's kit here is gonna be beefed up... hopefully anyway... I see she has Chill Def, so maybe she'll get a Chilling Seal alt like her sister and brother have?

Skills cost money, and so do emotions.

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To be fair, Nifl and Muspell themselves only had "placeholder skills" before they were given an Aether Raids skill and their Prf Domain skills, so hopefully at least one part of  Ascendant Fjorm's kit here is gonna be beefed up... hopefully anyway... I see she has Chill Def, so maybe she'll get a Chilling Seal alt like her sister and brother have?

Skills cost money, and so do emotions.

Spoiler

Yeah, I know those aren't the Passives she'll actually come with except for maybe Armored Stride.

The other two are still pretty lame compared to the placeholders that Nifl and Muspell got though.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

I like Fjorm: Ice Ascendent. I like the long flowing hair aesthetic more than short hair. It is good that I got Far Save fodder, and I think she will be fun to use once we can get her.

I hope Laegjarn: Flame Ascendent (or whatever her epithet is), is an armor unit too, but specialized in melee combat.

There's no way Fjorm: Ice Ascendant comes with Darting Stance and Chill Def when we can summon her. I also expect her to end up with Ice Mirror II, and I wouldn't be surprised if she switches out Armored Stride for a Far Save, as that ranged NCD makes her a premier Far Saver. A little unfortunate that she's green with all the Duo Lifs running around, but if she also comes with a way to auto-charge Ice Mirror II even that probably won't be too big a deal.

20 minutes ago, Florete said:

There's no way Fjorm: Ice Ascendant comes with Darting Stance and Chill Def when we can summon her. I also expect her to end up with Ice Mirror II, and I wouldn't be surprised if she switches out Armored Stride for a Far Save, as that ranged NCD makes her a premier Far Saver. A little unfortunate that she's green with all the Duo Lifs running around, but if she also comes with a way to auto-charge Ice Mirror II even that probably won't be too big a deal.

Champion Fjorm is certainly going to be getting a brand new exclusive skill somewhere, and it'll almost certainly be either a brand new version of Ice Mirror with Quickened Pulse (or Time's Pulse) built in or a B skill with Quickened Pulse (or Time's Pulse) as one of its effects (perhaps even a souped up Shield Pulse).

It's almost guaranteed to not be a C skill because, as you say, her weapon is literally perfect for Far Save, having Null C-Disrupt and passive healing with both effects using a Unity condition. Armored Strike is rather awkward given the positioning requirements on her weapon and is probably just there to have her apply some pressure as a boss and not be immediately left behind in the back. She'll almost certainly have one of the two missing Far Save skills when made summonable, and I'm guessing D/R Far Save due to the fact that she has lower defenses than usual overall to make up for her higher Spd

It's possible she'll have Atk/Spd Ideal on her A slot since she has passive healing from her weapon, but that's somewhat iffy due to her lower defenses and lack of self-buffing (assuming she has Far Save and not Armored Stride and assuming a possible exclusive B skill doesn't include +1 movement or something to that effect) making it harder to keep both stacks active. Atk/Spd Unity is also a possibility, though drawing Bright Shrine debuffs is a bit awkward since units like Ulir and Brave Eirika are more likely to get hit, and Save units typically aren't up in front to soak up Menace debuffs.

Even in the worst case scenario that she doesn't get Quickened Pulse built into her exclusive skills somewhere, she can still deal with Duo Lif by running Shield Pulse (which is a build I've seen on Brave Hector), so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. Legendary Lilina might be a bit more troublesome than I original expected due to Fjorm having less Res than I'd have guessed, but since Lilina deals the bulk of her damage in combat instead of out of combat, I think Fjorm will still be able to handle it.

So, I'm guessing we'll maybe get to see Laegjarn's champion form next time or at the end of this TT+. And man, IS seems to be trying to get us to hate Muspell instead of exploring him as a character, and for that, I am disappointed. Also, I can't take him seriously enough to hate him, so this is just kind of weird and I can't quite get into it. I feel like they may at the last minute try to make him acceptable to players with his writing and I'm just kind of... I guess it's like that feeling you get when your parents try too hard to be cool in front of your friends. Anyway, I wonder if Sharena will get Askr's blessing. Probably not since Alfonse is the focus there, but if they give it to Sharena, then she can have Askr's champion form and Alfonse can have the king form. ...Buuuut they'll probably just make the king form the same as the champion form instead. Also, I'm guessing Veronica will be Embla's champion, and Bruno may have to confront Embla about that. Oh well. Heh, it's like...all these young royals are being all "Hey, deities, no disrespect or anything, but can't we all just get along?"