Create-a-hero revival thread

Jotari

Threw this together in a unit builder. Because I really want to see him as a mythic.

As for weapon / B skill:

Weapon: Starlight: 16 MT: Grants res +3. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If foes res is lower then units res, unit makes garunteed followup attack. Disables non-Special skills that "reduce damage by X%." when special triggers

Lightsphere: If unit initiates combat, disables the activation and charging of foes special skills.

The idea is a potent player phase threat who turns the speed check for doubling into his res stat. And his special pierces damage reduction.

Lightsphere just shuts down enemy specials when he engages combat. A reference to how the item blocked all critical hits in the archanea games

Gotoh.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Threw this together in a unit builder. Because I really want to see him as a mythic.

As for weapon / B skill:

Weapon: Starlight: 16 MT: Grants res +3. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If foes res is lower then units res, unit makes garunteed followup attack. Disables non-Special skills that "reduce damage by X%." when special triggers

Lightsphere: If unit initiates combat, disables the activation and charging of foes special skills.

The idea is a potent player phase threat who turns the speed check for doubling into his res stat. And his special pierces damage reduction.

Lightsphere just shuts down enemy specials when he engages combat. A reference to how the item blocked all critical hits in the archanea games

Gotoh.jpg

I'd toss ignoring the "Null counter attack" (or whatever it's called status effect) onto his weapon and maybe protection against out of combat damage, so he has something that can have that's specifically designed to counter Gharnef's Imhullu. He's already doing pretty great in that department just by being a blue unit, but that's more because Gharnef and Imullu are rather rubbish more than Starlight actually being designed to get around Gharnef in any way.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:13 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

They should give armored variants to Wolf and Sedgar, making it canon to reclass them to General.

I went and did it, probably poorly.

Wolf: Coyote's Shield

Spoiler

Red Bow Armor

• HP: 52
  • Atk: 44
  • Spd: 43
  • Def: 41
  • Res: 13

BST: 193

Skills:

• Weapon: Keen Coyote Bow
  • Assist: -
  • Special: Luna
  • A Slot: Surge Sparrow
  • B Slot: Daring Fighter 3
  • C Slot: Spd/Def Menace (!)

Sedgar: Coyote's Spear

Spoiler

Lance Armor

• HP: 50
  • Atk: 41
  • Spd: 38
  • Def: 50
  • Res: 12

BST: 191

Skills:

• Weapon: Instant Lance
  • Assist: -
  • Special: Draw Back
  • A Slot: Distant Pressure
  • B Slot: Hardy Fighter 3
  • C Slot: Joint Drive Defense

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

BST: 193

Ranged armors should be somewhere in the 184-185 range. Even with a trainee bonus (which Wolf definitely wouldn't get), you'd only hit 190-191.

A Slot: Surge Sparrow

Surge Sparrow is restricted to melee units.

Def: 50

The highest single non-HP stat we currently have is Gustav's 46 Def. I'm not convinced we'll see non-HP stats hit 50 for quite some time.

Res: 12

The lowest stat value possible right now at level 40 with no Flaw is 13, which is the result of a stat of 3 at level 1 (any lower is physically not possible without the 1-star version of a unit having its stat go negative at level 1 with a Flaw) and a growth rate of 25% (the current lowest growth rate in use across all units).

It's also worth noting that there was only one unit introduced after release that has a 13 in any stat, that being Delthea, who was released 51 months ago. Modern units no longer receive stats that are this heavily min-maxed. The lowest Res on a somewhat recent unit is Summer Sylvain's 16, and the lowest stat on a recent unit is Fallen Edelgard's 14 Spd.

Special: Draw Back

That's an Assist skill.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The lowest stat value possible right now at level 40 with no Flaw is 13, which is the result of a stat of 3 at level 1 (any lower is physically not possible without the 1-star version of a unit having its stat go negative at level 1 with a Flaw) and a growth rate of 25% (the current lowest growth rate in use across all units).

Is that an issue? Is it even possible to get a 1* unit (with the exception of the three OCs on a fresh install of the game). A 1* unit theoretically having negative stats doesn't seem like an issue if the 1* unit itself just remains theoretical in general.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Is that an issue? Is it even possible to get a 1* unit (with the exception of the three OCs on a fresh install of the game). A 1* unit theoretically having negative stats doesn't seem like an issue if the 1* unit itself just remains theoretical in general.

I doubt it's an actual issue now, but it's still the most likely reason why no unit has a 5-star level-1 neutral stat lower than 3, and it's probably stayed this way out of a combination of convention and the fact that rising stat totals reduces the need to give a unit a more minimized stat.

After all, there's actually absolutely nothing stopping them from giving a unit a growth rate lower than 25%, but they haven't done so yet.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:45 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Ranged armors should be somewhere in the 184-185 range. Even with a trainee bonus (which Wolf definitely wouldn't get), you'd only hit 190-191.

The highest single non-HP stat we currently have is Gustav's 46 Def. I'm not convinced we'll see non-HP stats hit 50 for quite some time.

Aw, c'mon. If you don't have insanely inflated stats, would it even be General Wolf and Sedgar?

Sure, it might break convention, but conventions are meaningless even for ideas that aren't for fun.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:45 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Surge Sparrow is restricted to melee units.

That's an Assist skill.

My mistake, thanks.

On 10/25/2021 at 2:49 PM, Jotari said:

Yeah, there's an entire YouTube channel dedicated to 1-star units.

Anyway, I decided to make a Dawn Brigade "banner", since a lot of them have unique weapons to make effects for. It has some inclusions which I'm sure Jotari will appreciate, even if the stockholders don't- there's not a single female unit here.

Spoiler

Nolan, Wise Champion (Axe Infantry)

Spoiler

Stats:

• HP: 42
  • Atk: 35
  • Def: 33
  • Res: 29

Skills:

• Weapon: Tarvos
    • 16 Might, +3 Defense. When refined with +Eff, grants the following effect: "After combat, if unit attacked, resets special cooldown on foe and foes within 2 spaces of target."
  • Special: Draconic Aura
  • Assist:
  • A Slot: Earth Boost 3
  • B Slot: Guard 3
  • C Slot:

Edward, Blade of Justice (Sword Infantry)

Spoiler

Stats:

• HP: 40
  • Atk: 40
  • Spd: 35
  • Def: 27
  • Res: 24

Skills:

• Weapon: Caladbolg
    • 16 Might, inflicts Special Cooldown Charge -1 on foe per attack. When refined with +Eff, grants unit Special Cooldown Charge +1 per attack.
  • Special: Astra
  • Assist:
  • A Slot:
  • B Slot: Wrath
  • C Slot: Odd Atk Wave 3

Leonardo, Freedom's Arrow (Blue Bow Infantry)

Spoiler

Stats:

• HP: 38
  • Atk: 31
  • Spd: 32
  • Def: 31
  • Res: 39

Skills:

• Weapon: Lughnasadh
    • 16 Might, +3 Speed. When refined with +Eff, grants the following effect: "If unit initiates combat and unit's HP > 25%, foe cannot counter-attack. If foe initiates combat and unit's HP > 25% and unit can counter, foe cannot make a follow-up attack."
  • Special:
  • Assist: Rally Up Def+ (!)
  • A Slot: Close Ward
  • B Slot:
  • C Slot: Even Spd Wave 3

Volug, Black Wolf of the Sands (Colorless Beast Cavalry)

Spoiler

Stats:

• HP: 54
  • Atk: 32
  • Spd: 33
  • Res: 23

Skills:

• Weapon: Howling Fang
    • Only learnable by its original unit.
    • When transformed, inflicts -4 Atk/Spd on foes within 2 spaces during combat.
    • If unit is transformed, foe initiates battle, and unit cannot counter-attack, inflicts status on target reducing their movement to 1 through their next action.
    • At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). If unit transforms, grants Atk+2, and if unit initiates combat, inflicts Atk/Def-4 on foe during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
  • Special: Rend (!)
    • Inheritable by beast-type units.
    • Cooldown: 5
    • Increases damage by 75% of unit's attack
    • Disables non-special skills that "reduce damage by X%"
  • Assist:
  • A Slot: Atk/Def Solo 4
  • B Slot: Drag Back
  • C Slot: Wildheart (!) <- This might belong in another slot, but here it remains for now
    • -2 Atk/Spd/Def/Res. Unit is always transformed. Can only be inherited by Beast units and cannot be inherited by armored beat units.

Alternately, Wildheart could be an A skill and Volug could learn Savage Blow or Attack Smoke or something. You could even say the smoke skill was a result of his...pocket sand!

GHB: Tauroneo, Steadfast Rider (Lance Armor)

Spoiler

Stats:

• HP: 49
  • Atk: 33
  • Spd: 36
  • Res: 37

Skills:

• Weapon: Wishblade
    • 16 Might.
    • Unit can counterattack regardless of distance
    • If foe initiates combat, inflicts special cooldown charge +1 on foe per attack
  • Assist:
  • A Slot: Brazen Spd/Res 4 (!)
    • If unit's HP =< 80%, grants +9 Res and +10 Spd
  • B Slot:
  • C Slot: Def/Res Oath 3

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

10 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Anyway, I decided to make a Dawn Brigade "banner", since a lot of them have unique weapons to make effects for. It has some inclusions which I'm sure Jotari will appreciate, even if the stockholders don't- there's not a single female unit here.

Reveal hidden contents

Nolan, Wise Champion (Axe Infantry)

Reveal hidden contents

Stats:

• HP: 42
  • Def: 33
  • Res: 29

Skills:

• Weapon: Tarvos
    • 16 Might, +3 Defense. When refined with +Eff, grants the following effect: "After combat, if unit attacked, resets special cooldown on foe and foes within 2 spaces of target."
  • Special: Draconic Aura
  • Assist:
  • A Slot: Earth Boost 3
  • B Slot: Guard 3
  • C Slot:

Edward, Blade of Justice (Sword Infantry)

Reveal hidden contents

Stats:

• HP: 40
  • Atk: 40

Skills:

• Weapon: Caladbolg
    • 16 Might, inflicts Special Cooldown Charge -1 on foe per attack. When refined with +Eff, grants unit Special Cooldown Charge +1 per attack.
  • Special: Astra
  • Assist:
  • A Slot:
  • B Slot: Wrath
  • C Slot: Odd Atk Wave 3

Leonardo, Freedom's Arrow (Blue Bow Infantry)

Reveal hidden contents

Stats:

• HP: 38
  • Atk: 31
  • Res: 39

Skills:

• Weapon: Lughnasadh
    • 16 Might, +3 Speed. When refined with +Eff, grants the following effect: "If unit initiates combat and unit's HP > 25%, foe cannot counter-attack. If foe initiates combat and unit's HP > 25% and unit can counter, foe cannot make a follow-up attack."
  • Special:
  • Assist: Rally Up Def+ (!)
  • A Slot: Close Ward
  • B Slot:
  • C Slot: Even Spd Wave 3

Volug, Black Wolf of the Sands (Colorless Beast Cavalry)

Reveal hidden contents

Stats:

• HP: 54
  • Spd: 33
  • Res: 23

Skills:

• Weapon: Howling Fang
    • Only learnable by its original unit.
    • When transformed, inflicts -4 Atk/Spd on foes within 2 spaces during combat.
    • If unit is transformed, foe initiates battle, and unit cannot counter-attack, inflicts status on target reducing their movement to 1 through their next action.
    • At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast or dragon allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit transforms (otherwise, unit reverts). If unit transforms, grants Atk+2, and if unit initiates combat, inflicts Atk/Def-4 on foe during combat and foe cannot make a follow-up attack.
  • Special: Rend (!)
    • Inheritable by beast-type units.
    • Cooldown: 5
    • Increases damage by 75% of unit's attack
    • Disables non-special skills that "reduce damage by X%"
  • Assist:
  • A Slot: Atk/Def Solo 4
  • B Slot: Drag Back
  • C Slot: Wildheart (!) <- This might belong in another slot, but here it remains for now
    • -2 Atk/Spd/Def/Res. Unit is always transformed. Can only be inherited by Beast units and cannot be inherited by armored beat units.

Alternately, Wildheart could be an A skill and Volug could learn Savage Blow or Attack Smoke or something. You could even say the smoke skill was a result of his...pocket sand!

GHB: Tauroneo, Steadfast Rider (Lance Armor)

Reveal hidden contents

Stats:

• HP: 49
  • Atk: 33
  • Spd: 36
  • Res: 37

Skills:

• Weapon: Wishblade
    • 16 Might.
    • Unit can counterattack regardless of distance
    • If foe initiates combat, inflicts special cooldown charge +1 on foe per attack
  • Assist:
  • A Slot: Brazen Spd/Res 4 (!)
    • If unit's HP =< 80%, grants +9 Res and +10 Spd
  • B Slot:
  • C Slot: Def/Res Oath 3

I feel called out on that one. I might make jokes, but I don't really care about the gender ratio of banners. It's the individual characters who get shafted that I might legitimately complain about.

Wildheart works as a C skill, though I think it could do with the description "unit transforms and remains transforms, regardless of what allies are adjacent to unit" to make it clear why it's a C skill, as it's still based on position, just in this case ignoring positioning.

Just now, Jotari said:

I feel called out on that one. I might make jokes, but I don't really care about the gender ratio of banners. It's the individual characters who get shafted that I might legitimately complain about.

I didn't mean to call you out, I just thought you'd like having Tauroneo and Volug available to go on excellent adventures together. The stockholders comment was a general gacha joke.

Just now, Jotari said:

Wildheart works as a C skill, though I think it could do with the description "unit transforms and remains transforms, regardless of what allies are adjacent to unit" to make it clear why it's a C skill, as it's still based on position, just in this case ignoring positioning.

Oh yeah, that's a good idea.

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I didn't mean to call you out, I just thought you'd like having Tauroneo and Volug available to go on excellent adventures together. The stockholders comment was a general gacha joke.

Ah yes, Tauroneo and Volug. My favourite detective duo.

This topic will be fun retrospectively if any of these characters get in. Looking through the old Create a Hero topic is a blast!

I recall seeing another newer topic like this very recently, and now I can’t find it anywhere. 🤔

Without further ado, here’s an idea based on a drawing I made.

de998b5f238f64582e373937268a63d47935fce5

Peri: Diabolical Doll

Axe Infantry

Skills:

Spoiler

Shredded Teddy: -1 to special count. Inflicts Panic on foes within 2 spaces.

Smite: Pushes target ally 2 spaces away.

Astra: Boosts damage dealt by 150%.

Death Blow 3: If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+6 during combat.

Frenzy 3: (If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Røkkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = difference between stats × 4 (max 40%). If unit's HP ≤ 50% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack.)

Atk/Def Menace: At start of turn, inflicts Atk/Def-6 on nearest foes within 4 spaces through their next actions and grants Atk/Def+6 to unit for 1 turn.

Barracks Dialogue:

Spoiler

“I’m happy Lord Xander let me come to the Harvest Festival on my own. He likes to keep an eye on me, even though I’m really a grown-up.”

“I made a whole bunch of candies and sweets for the Harvest Festival! Wanna try them? …What do you mean, “Are there people in there?” Of course not; my sweets are tiny!”

“People are always surprised when they find out I’m a good cook. I don’t get why.”

“There was a rumor in my hometown that my family had a “murder doll” they would send to attack enemies. I really wish that were true. I would’ve had soooo much fun with it!”

“When I was growing up, I liked to dress up dolls. Then I liked to stab them!”

Character Page Dialogue:

Spoiler

“Hee hee!”

“Isn’t my teddy bear cuuuuute? I ripped her myself!”

“Thanks for talking with me for so long. Most of the Heroes avoid me, even at the Harvest Festival.”

“Earlier someone said they liked my costume because I ‘act the part.’ What does that mean? I’m just being me.”

“I love this costume. It’s a great style for me! It’s frilly AND bloodstained!”

“I forgot which stains are real blood and which ones aren’t. Ooooh, I don’t remember seeing THAT one before!”

“Trick or treat? More like ‘Gimme candy now or I’ll get stabby with you!’ I said that to someone earlier, and they laughed like it was a joke.”

“This costume is based on a doll my mommy gave me when I was a kid. I added my own touches.”

Level Up Dialogue:

Spoiler

1-2 Up: “Awww! I burned this batch of candy.”

3-4 Up: “My dress is more battle-torn than before. Yay!”

5-6 Up: “I’m as good at combat as cooking!”

Learn Skill/Unlock Potential: “Thanks for the treats! I’ll give you some of mine, too.”

Battle Dialogue:

Spoiler

Selection 1: "Let’s play together!”

Selection 2: "Hee hee hee!”

Selection 3: "Time to get stabby!”

Critical 1: "I’ll pop your head right off!”

Critical 2: "I’ll beat the stuffing out of you!”

Critical 3: “Gimme candy NOW!”

Critical Health: “Eeeeeeeek!”

Defeat: "You ripped me….”

Level 40 Dialogue:

“Hi, (Summoner). You think I look sad? Well… the Harvest Festival is tons of fun, but I’ve felt funny for a while. The bad kind of funny. Without Lord Xander and Laslow, I feel…lonely, I guess? You’re one of the only people here who talks to me. Those other Heroes are meanies who avoid me. Sometimes I just wanna get stabby with them all! Huh? You think they’re scared of me? Why? I’m not that special. You think if I “tone down” the stabbing talk they might stick around? Aww…if you say so, and only because I like you. I wanna get to know them more. They must have all sorts of yummy sweets recipes!”

Greeting Dialogue:

“Hi! It’s me, Peri! Wanna play? …Hey! Where are you going?!”

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

4 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

This topic will be fun retrospectively if any of these characters get in. Looking through the old Create a Hero topic is a blast!

I recall seeing another newer topic like this very recently, and now I can’t find it anywhere. 🤔

de998b5f238f64582e373937268a63d47935fce5

Peri: Diabolical Doll

Axe Infantry

Skills:

Hide contents

Shredded Teddy: -1 to special count. Inflicts Panic on foes within 2 spaces.

Smite: Pushes target ally 2 spaces away.

Astra: Boosts damage dealt by 150%.

Death Blow 3: If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+6 during combat.

Brash Assault 3: If unit initiates combat against a foe that can counter and unit's HP ≤ 50%, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack.

Frenzy 3: (If unit's Spd > foe's Spd, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Røkkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = difference between stats × 4 (max 40%). If unit's HP ≤ 50% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack.)

Barracks Dialogue:

Reveal hidden contents

“I’m happy Lord Xander let me come to the Harvest Festival on my own. He likes to keep an eye on me, even though I’m really a grown-up.”

“I made a whole bunch of candies and sweets for the Harvest Festival! Wanna try them? …What do you mean, “Are there people in there?” Of course not; my sweets are tiny!”

“People are always surprised when they find out I’m a good cook. I don’t get why.”

“There was a rumor in my hometown that my family had a “murder doll” they would send to attack enemies. I really wish that were true. I would’ve had soooo much fun with it!”

“When I was growing up, I liked to dress up dolls. Then I liked to stab them!”

Character Page Dialogue:

Reveal hidden contents

“Hee hee!”

“Isn’t my teddy bear cuuuuute? I ripped her myself!”

“Thanks for talking with me for so long. Most of the Heroes avoid me, even at the Harvest Festival.”

“Earlier someone said they liked my costume because I ‘act the part.’ What does that mean? I’m just being me.”

“I love this costume. It’s a great style for me! It’s frilly AND bloodstained!”

“I forgot which stains are real blood and which ones aren’t. Ooooh, I don’t remember seeing THAT one before!”

“Trick or treat? More like ‘Gimme candy now or I’ll get stabby with you!’ I said that to someone earlier, and they laughed like it was a joke.”

“This costume is based on a doll my mommy gave me when I was a kid. I added my own touches.”

Level Up Dialogue:

Reveal hidden contents

1-2 Up: “Awww! I burned this batch of candy.”

3-4 Up: “My dress is more battle-torn than before. Yay!”

5-6 Up: “I’m as good at combat as cooking!”

Learn Skill/Unlock Potential: “Thanks for the treats! I’ll give you some of mine, too.”

Battle Dialogue:

Reveal hidden contents

Selection 1: "Let’s play together!”

Selection 2: "Hee hee hee!”

Selection 3: "Time to get stabby!”

Critical 1: "I’ll pop your head right off!”

Critical 2: "I’ll beat the stuffing out of you!”

Critical 3: “Gimme candy NOW!”

Critical Health: “Eeeeeeeek!”

Defeat: "You ripped me….”

Level 40 Dialogue:

“Hi, (Summoner). You think I look sad? Well… the Harvest Festival is tons of fun, but I’ve felt funny for a while. The bad kind of funny. Without Lord Xander and Laslow, I feel…lonely, I guess? You’re one of the only people here who talks to me. Those other Heroes are meanies who avoid me. Sometimes I just wanna get stabby with them all! Huh? You think they’re scared of me? Why? I’m not that special. You think if I “tone down” the stabbing talk they might stick around? Aww…if you say so, and only because I like you. I wanna get to know them more. They must have all sorts of yummy sweets recipes!”

Greeting Dialogue:

“Hi! It’s me, Peri! Wanna play? …Hey! Where are you going?!”

You've given her two B skills.

Duo Hero time.

Bord and Cord (Axe Infantry), Wood-Splitting Duo

Spoiler

Stats:

• HP: 46

Duo Skill: Timber!

• Deals 30 damage to enemy units in the same column as this unit.
  • Once used, duo skill cannot be used right away. On the third turn after the previous use, this skill can be used again.

Skills:

• Weapon: Misery Whip
    • 16 Might
    • Effective against Armored and Infantry foes.
    • Unit attacks twice. Even if foe initiates combat, unit attacks twice.
    • If unit initiates combat, Atk +8.
    • If foe initiates combat, Spd +8.
    • Unit may move to any traversable tile adjacent to an enemy within 2 spaces.
    • Ignores defensive bonuses from terrain.
    • Cannot be inherited
  • Assist: Reposition
  • Special:
  • A Slot: Atk/Spd Push 4
  • B Slot: Stumble (!)
    • After combat, pushes foe 1 tile away.
    • After combat, inflicts -7 Atk/Spd on foe through its next action.
  • C Slot: Joint Drive Like Atk/Spd (!)
    • When within 2 tiles of a unit of the same color, +5 Atk/Spd.

Devdan and Danved (Blue Shuriken Armor), Not the Same

Spoiler

"It may appear that there are only two of us, but rest assured, Devdan and Danved fight like twenty men! That's ten each."

Stats:

• HP: 35
  • Def: 35
  • Res: 35

Duo Skill: Serene Menace

• Inflicts a penalty on the highest stat of the closest enemy within 4 tiles with the highest HP equal to the difference between their highest and lowest stat through their next action, and gives a bonus of the same amount to unit's lowest stat.
  • Once used, Duo Skill cannot be activated again right away. At start of even-numbered turns, if Duo Skill has already been used, unit can use Duo Skill again.

Skills:

• Weapon: Throwing Puppet
    • Aesthetically, Devdan/Danved pulls a string on the Danved/Devdan puppet, which causes it to throw the dagger, which happens to be another, smaller puppet of Devdan/Danved
    • Might: 14
    • Accelerates special cooldown (special cooldown -1)
    • If [Bonus] is active on unit, Atk/Spd/Def/Res +5 in combat
    • Neutralizes "effective against armored" bonuses
    • After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions
    • Cannot be inherited
  • Assist: Ventriloquism
    • Applies bonus/penalty to this unit and target ally equal to 5 plus total bonus/penalty on both
      • Examples:
        • If unit has a -4 atk penalty and target ally has -6 atk penalty, both units will have a -5 atk penalty
        • If unit has a +6 spd bonus and target ally has a +4 spd bonus, both units will have a +15 spd bonus
        • If unit has a +10 def bonus and target ally has a -10 def penalty, bonus units will have a +5 def bonus
        • If unit has a -10 res penalty and target ally has a -10 res penalty, both units will have a -15 res penalty
    • Cannot be inherited
  • Special: Dragonhaze (!)
    • CD: 2
    • Adds 35% of target's speed to damage dealt
  • A Slot:
  • B Slot: Mystic Boost 3
  • C Slot: Pulse Smoke 3

NB: One of them is real. The other is a puppet. It is not clear which.

On 10/31/2021 at 11:12 PM, Magenta Fantasies said:

Aforementioned issue with two B skills aside, it's nice that it comes with some original art.

On 11/1/2021 at 4:01 AM, Jotari said:

You've given her two B skills.

I did…? I though Frenzy was a C skill. I checked and you are indeed correct. I gave Peri a new C skill instead.

On 11/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Aforementioned issue with two B skills aside, it's nice that it comes with some original art.

Thanks! I updated Peri with a different skill.

• 2 weeks later...

Byron: Determined Father (Blue Dagger Cavalry)

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/4/46/Vylon_(Artwork).png

HP: 60

Atk: 42 (including weapon)

Spd: 28

Def: 31

Res:19 (including weapon)

Weapon:  Broken Tyfring  Mt 14. Grants Res+3. At the start of turn 1, reduce unit's HP to 1 and grant special cooldown count -3 . If unit’s HP > 1 and foe would reduce unit’s HP to 0, unit survives with 1 HP (multiple times per combat, does not stack). Dagger 7. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Vengance

A Skill:

B Skill: Desperation

C Skill: Undying Spirit:  If unit is defeated, grant Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 and Bonus Doubler to allies within 3 squares and inflict Atk/Spd/Def/Res-7 on enemies within 3 squares for 1 turn. Cannot be inherited.

Another weird Vengance build. Though this one is more centered around the character than making a unique build, though as a build, it's still pretty unique. Byron comes with a truly bizarre stat line, a dagger cavalry unit that puts everything into HP leaving most other stats desiring more. But then it's not like his HP actually does him much good as his weapon automatically reduces him to 1hp. However, he is still something of a tank as his weapon also gives him a constant miracle effect, it can even proc twice in one combat if you swap out his special for something like Aether (this could potentially make a nigh on unkillable unit if paired with something like the Sol Lance, though I don't think there's a way to grant mid battle healing to any unit). And should he die, his C skill gives a major boost to nearby allies, giving them +7 to all stats and bonus doubler for an effective +21 boost. Obviously this effect is useless in Abyssal maps, but it could be a corner stone in PvP modes. So you really  have two ways to run Byron. Either you sacrifice him so that the rest of your team can storm the field, or you heal him up as soon as you can to have a HP tank that can deal pretty decent damage using Vengance.

And yes he's a dagger unit that is tossing the literal broken Tyrfing at him. I would have made him red as he's still using a sword, but all the existing dagger cavalry units that aren't grey are red, so diversity wins out.

Edited by Jotari

• 1 month later...

Someone brought up the idea of staff Corrin in the new legendary Byleth thread, and I just had to speculate.

Corrin: Child of Dawn (Infantry Staff)

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/3/3d/HoshNobleMale.jpg

HP: 46

Atk: 49 (including weapon)

Spd: 30

Def:34

Res:20 (including weapon)

Weapon:  Hexing Rod:  Mt 14. Grants Res+3. Calculates damage from staff like other weapons. At the start of turn, deal 7 damage, inflict Res-6 and [Deep Wounds] on closest foes within 5 spaces of unit through their next actions. If foe's HP > 50%, foe cannot counter attack. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: Great Festival: Restores HP = 50% of units atk to target ally (Min 8). Restores 10 HP to all allies.

Special: Hoshidon Unity: At the start of turn 1, grant special cooldown count-5. If special cooldown charge is at maximum, grant special cooldown charge -1 to all allies. During combat, increase damage by 50% of enemy's Max HP. Cooldown Charge 5. Cannot be inherited.

A Skill:Atk/Spd Form

B Skill: Wings of Mercy 4: If ally's HP <= 60% , unit can move to a space adjacent to that ally.

C Skill: Dragon Ward: Reduce damage from foes' attacks during combat to allies within 2 spaces by 30%. Cannot be inherited.

So his weapon is based on the most infamous offensive rod in Fates, and while it couldn't just outright half enemy hp from afar, it does simulate the affect by inflicting deep wounds (the ability that prevents healing) and dealing damage remotely. That's not the most powerful of effects, but fortunately it also comes with Wrathful Staff and a Pseudo version of Dazzling Staff which works if enemies have HP above 50% (as if he's attacking them with the Hexing Rod to reduce their HP to below 50%. It's still not the most powerful affect on a staff, in fact it's probably not even as good as L'Archel's totally-not-Latona, so he has some other support goodies. Oh, and also the staff gives him 3 Res, his Res is uncharacterisitcally bad for a staff unit, but those extra 3 points just justify more stats on him in general.

His assist is another rod from Fates, Great Festival. It does basic healing, but also heals all other allies when being used as it's a variation of Fortify. Unlike his other new skills, this one is inheritable.

His most useful skill is actually his C skill, Dragon Ward, which gives him a Cadecus effect for his allies. This steps on Flayn's toes a bit, but Flayn still has the advantage of being a flier over Corrin. This is obviously based on Dragon Ward, a similar skill in Fates. His second skills is Hoshidon Unity, which has a rather bland effect of increasing skill activation rates. So I've worked it in here by just putting it in the special slot and then doing whatever I want with it. And what I chose to do with it was relate it back to the Hexing Rod by increasing Corrin's damage output by 50% of the foe's HP, essentially meaning Corrin just needs to deal half the opponent's HP normally to secure a kill, making it a very powerful offensive attack. However, it's cooldown is quite high and it has a second affect that is quite a bit more potent. Namely it passively charges allies special guages. Meaning if you do launch this powerful offensive special, you lose it's passive bonuses while waiting for it to charge again.

So Corrin is one of those hang around units that grants benefits just by existing on your team. However he also has a mean offense that you can utilize if you have to. In terms of stat line he isn't stand out, though he is pretty defensively inclined for a staff user.

Okay, I'm still working on it. But I thought of a nifty idea for Volug. 

So I've never made one before, so I'm not sure on the numbers. Edit: yeah, those stats do not look right, tooo big of numbers haha.

But basically, Halfshift Fang is a weapon that is like a normal laguz weapon. When by himself or next to beats it give him +8 in the stats (I may just make it Atk and Spd) and changes him to a wolf form. However, unlike other beast weapons, this weapon let's him change even when he is not around other beasts, but halves the boost to +4.

I'm sure it needs a lot of work, but I just thought it was a nifty idea.

FEH Unit Builder - Custom Unit.png

FEH Unit Builder - Custom Unit (1).png

Edited by Dylan Corona

5 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Okay, I'm still working on it. But I thought of a nifty idea for Volug. 

So I've never made one before, so I'm not sure on the numbers. Edit: yeah, those stats do not look right, tooo big of numbers haha.

But basically, Halfshift Fang is a weapon that is like a normal laguz weapon. When by himself or next to beats it give him +8 in the stats (I may just make it Atk and Spd) and changes him to a wolf form. However, unlike other beast weapons, this weapon let's him change even when he is not around other beasts, but halves the boost to +4.

I'm sure it needs a lot of work, but I just thought it was a nifty idea.

FEH Unit Builder - Custom Unit.png

FEH Unit Builder - Custom Unit (1).png

Nailah is an infantry unit so Volug would most likely be an infantry unit too. Aside from Seasonal Rafiel (for lore reasons), they've been pretty consistent with same beast types sharing same movement types.

Also 70 base attack xD

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Nailah is an infantry unit so Volug would most likely be an infantry unit too. Aside from Seasonal Rafiel (for lore reasons), they've been pretty consistent with same beast types sharing same movement types.

Also 70 base attack xD

Well not really base, that was with the buffs from his shift change. But like I said I know his numbers are way off lol. Not sure why he went out of infantry, I must have miss clicked.

Anyways I'll sit down and work out stats and personal skill later. I mainly just wanted to share my idea for his weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Elden Ring's release date gets closer by the day, and my passion for Dark Souls was rekindled AHAHAH, so here are my takes on how some DS bosses would be, were they to ever appear as FEH units

Ornstein: Dragonslayer (Lance Infantry)

Spoiler

HP: 41 -
ATK: 39
SPD: 41 +
DEF: 34
RES: 28 -
Total BST: 183

Weapon: Dragonslayer Spear
Effective against dragon foes. Grants Spd+3. If unit's HP is higher than/equal to 25%, unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. If unit is within 2 spaces of supported ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat and also, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Røkkr area-of-effect Specials) by 25% of supported ally's Def.

Special: Sol

A Skill: Atk/Spd Unity
B Skill: Leo Ring
If foe initiates combat and unit can counterattack, reduces damage from foe's first attack by 25% of unit's Spd, and also deals damage = 25% of unit's Spd upon unit's first attack. (Ignores reductions to Spd from Special skills.)
C Skill: Atk/Def Menace

Smough: Executioner (Axe Armor)

Spoiler

HP: 53 -
ATK: 50 +
SPD: 11 -
DEF: 45 +
RES: 31-
Total BST: 190

Weapon: Smough's Great Hammer
Grants Def+3. If unit is within 2 spaces of supported ally at start of turn, grants Atk/Def/Res+6 to unit for 1 turn and unit can move 1 extra space (That turn only. Does not stack.) and also, grants bonus to unit's Atk = total bonuses on unit during combat.

Special: Ignis

A Skill: Atk/Def Unity
B Skill: Perseverance
If unit is within 2 spaces of supported ally, grants the effect: "Neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks and effects that prevent unit's counterattacks during combat", and also, deals damage = 25% of supported ally's Spd.
C Skill: Joint Drive Def

Artorias: Abysswalker (Sword Infantry)

Spoiler

HP: 56 +
ATK: 40 +
SPD: 42 -
DEF: 26
RES: 19-
Total BST: 183

Weapon: Abyss Greatsword
Grants HP+5. If unit's HP is less than/equal to 75%, reduces damage from foe's attacks during combat by X% (X = unit's HP - foe's HP). if unit is adjacent to only beast allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 and Special cooldown charge +1 per unit's attack during combat.

Special: Aether

A Skill: Atk/Spd Catch 4
B Skill: Wolf Ring
Neutralizes effects that guarantee foe's follow-up attacks and effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks during combat. At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to only beast allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, unit can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.)
C Skill: Panic Smoke 3

Sif, Great Grey Wolf (Sword Cavalry)

Spoiler

HP: 45 -
ATK: 40 +
SPD: 43 +
DEF: 31 
RES: 15 -
Total BST: 174

Weapon: Greatsword of Artorias
Grants Spd+3. This unit is considered as a red beast unit for effectiveness and beast weapons' conditions. If unit's HP is higher than/equal to 25%, grants the following effect:"Effective against infantry and armored foes". If 1) unit's HP is higher than/equal to 25% and 2) unit is adjacent to only beast allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +6 to unit during combat and also, if infantry or armored foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack before foe's first attack.

Special: Luna

A Skill: Atk/Spd Unity
B Skill: Greatshield of Artorias
If 1) unit's HP is higher than/equal to 25% and 2) unit is adjacent to only beast allies or if unit is not adjacent to any ally, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Røkkr area-of-effect Specials) by X% (Calculates X based on number of allies within 2 spaces of unit: 0 or 1 ally reduces by 40%; 2 reduces by 25%; 3 or more reduces by 10%) , and also, if unit deals damage to foe during combat, restores 7 HP to unit. (Triggers even if 0 damage is dealt.) 
C Skill: Atk/Def Rein 3

it's highly likely that they'd be stupidly OP, but my purpose was to try and mimic the way they work in their games, not to make balanced units (because IS forgets that too, sometimes)

Edited by Yexin

I have hoped for FEH to reference Astral Shard in FE12 for some time now. Here is how I imagine them as skill in FEH.

Ascended Jeorge. Infantry Archer

Spoiler

HP:39

Atk:38

Spd:40

Def:23

Res:35

Weapon: Fiery Parthia.

Res+3.

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Effective against flying foes.

At the start of combat, if unit's HP>=50%, grants atk/spd/def/res + 5, and also deals damage = 25% of foe's Def.

If unit deals damage to foe using a Special, restores 50% of unit's maximum HP. (Triggers even if 0 damage is dealt.)

Special: Luna

A : Spd/Res Catch 4

B: Null Follow-up 3

C : Sagittarius Shard. (Skill +2 in FE12)  

At start of turn, if Special cooldown count is at its maximum value, grants Special cooldown count-1. If unit initiate combat, unit gains Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (Only highest value applied.)

Arlen. Infantry Blue Mage

Spoiler

HP: 42

Atk: 36

Spd: 30

Def: 32

Res: 30

Weapon: Superior Thoron

If unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +5, and also neutralizes unit's penalties during combat.

If foe is not adjacent to another foe, unit can make a follow-up attack, and also neutralizes foe's bonuses during combat.

Assist: Smite

A: Bonus Doubler 4.

Grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current bonus on each of unit's stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently. If unit is inflicted with Panic, neutralizes the "converts bonuses on target into penalties" for two of the highest stats of unit (not counting HP).

B: Aries Shard (Skill +1, Luck +1 in FE12)

During combat, if either unit or foe is not adjacent to anyone, reduce damage of foe's first attack by 30%. 

At the start of turn, inflict [Guard] status on foes with Def+Res total <= unit's Def/Res total.

C: Odd Tempest 3

Samuel. Infantry Sword

Spoiler

HP: 45

Atk: 39

Spd: 23

Def: 40

Res: 35

Weapon: Imitation of Scarlet 

Accelerate Special trigger by 1.

During combat, unit's Spd = highest Spd stat from among allies within 3 spaces.

During combat, grant unit Atk/Spd= bonuses of Atk/Spd stat on nearest sword ally within 3 spaces (calculate each stat bonus independently) (Only 1 Sword ally with highest bonuses on Atk/Spd respectively will be applied)

Assist: Reciprocal Aid

Special: Blazing Wind

A: Aquarius Shard. (Magic+1, Resistance +1 in FE12)

If foe uses tomes or staff, unit can counter attack regardless of distance. 

Calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.

B: Guard 4

If unit's HP>= 25% at the start the combat, inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack, and also neutralizes effects that grant "Special cooldown charge +X" to foe. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

Edited by MagicCanonBalls

• 4 weeks later...

I found these sitting in a text document just now that I'd completely forgotten about, theorycrafting a western-style New Years' banner. (lolneverhappening). Never really developed it much since I didn't feel like thinking up skills let alone stat lines, but I thought up the banner, their descriptions, and weapon names.

Spoiler

Ash: Spirit-Warding Servant (Colorless Staff Infantry)
Retainer to Askr. She has expressed an interest in different kinds of New Years' celebrations in the summoner's world.
    Noisemaker

Ashe: First Feast (Green Dagger Cavalry)
Born to a family of chefs, turning to thievery after his biological parents passed away. He is bringing his cooking talents to the New Years' festival. Appears in Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Cooking Knife+

Makalov: Party Knight (Blue Tome Infantry)
A mercenary of Begnion and the brother of Marcia. He came to the celebration after hearing there would be drinks. Appears in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    Good Spirits+

Bruno & Veronica: New Year Siblings (Sword Cavalry)
The Crown Prince and Princess of Embla. They have come to Askr for the New Year to celebrate their nations' newfound alliance.
    Mörsugur

Saizo: Pyrotechnist Ninja (Red Tome Infantry)
A ninja of Hoshido and fifth to bear his name. Though uncaring for this style of New Years' celebration, he is assisting with the fireworks at his lord's request. Appears in Fire Emblem Fates
    Firecracker+

• 1 month later...

Someone brought up the idea of staff Corrin in the new legendary Byleth thread, and I just had to speculate.

Thales: Dark Slitherer (Infantry Blue Tome)

Thales_Portrait.png

HP: 44

Atk: 50 (including weapon)

Spd: 15

Def:32

Res:42 

Weapon:  Javelin of Light:  Mt 14. Atk+3 At the start of Even number turns, grant unit +6 Atk/Spd/Def/Res. At the start of Odd number turns, grants unit -6 Atk/Spd/Def/Res. During combat, grants bonus to unit's attack = total number of bonuses on unit. At the start of combat, if foe's HP <100%, disable non special skills that "reduce foe's damage by X%". Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Agarthan Technology: Charge 3. Reduce damage from enemy follow up attack to 0. Cannot be inherited.

A Skill:Bonus Doubler

B Skill: 

C Skill: Upheaval

Just a quick one as I got the idea Thales could be a second Upheaval user and thus Duma's best friend. I doubt they'll ever be creative enough to make Quake his C slot and Javelin's of LIght his weapon. They'll probably just give him that bunny rabbit tome or something instead. I tried to work in the Javelin's of Light the way they work in game, in that they need to recharge. So Thales is a monster of a unit on every second turn. Though there are ways around it, as he debuffs himself, you could use Sacrifice or Harsh Command on him on every second turn.

In terms of how he's built, I decided to make him bulky, but slow. To aid in his bulk I gave him a unique special that makes him immune to follow up attacks. Though iti has 3 charges, so it won't activate against every follow up attack. It will only activate on follow up attacks, however. He would be a good candidate for the Heavy Blade seal so he can attack and only eat one attack on player phase.

Yes his title of Dark Slitherer sucks, but I couldn't come up with anything better. If you can, then do suggest.

Edited by Jotari

Well, in light of the most recent banner making me think the chances of what I'd want to see to be paltry now (though I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong), then I guess I must go:

Thanos Fine Ill Do It Myself GIF - Thanos Fine Ill Do It Myself Ill Do It  Myself - Descubre &amp;amp; Comparte GIFs

In which case, here's a potential idea that I've actually worked on some time ago but never posted until now because... because. Anyway, sharing it now!

Spoiler

Sonya and Genny: Pair of Catrinas (Blue Tome Infantry)

A seasonal duo idea, meant to be a fit for the Harvest/Autumn banner. I wanted to do something more than the same Halloween-esque theme... so why not go for Day of the Dead instead? Okay, this is bias, since I'm Mexican and all, and I know it's pretty unlikely for FEH to actually do it themselves... so well, should still be a fun exercise for this thread. Since I can't really draw to save my life and don't know of anyone interested on doing a request for free, I'll just leave it to your imagination on how they would look. Other than it should be as Catrinas, obviously. So, for the build itself:

(Lv. 40 Neutral Stats)

HP:  36
Atk: 44
Spd: 28
Def: 24
Res: 43
BST: 175

(Weapon)

Sugar Skull+
Might: 15
Range: 2
Effect: At start of combat, if foe's HP ≥ 75%, grants Res+5 to unit and inflicts Res-5 on foe during combat, and also, if foe has Res bonus, grants bonus to unit's Res and inflicts penalty on foe's Res during combat = current bonus on foe's Res. Calculates each stat bonus independently.
[A Blue version of Peachy Parfait basically.]

(Skills)

* Duo: Restores 30 HP and grants Atk/Spd+6 to unit and allies within 5 rows and 5 columns centered on unit for 1 Turn.
[Usable only once per map.]
* Assist: Ardent Sacrifice
* Special: -----
* A Passive: Mirror Impact
* B Passive: Rewarp
Unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces, but receives 5 damage per use.
[Non-inheritable. Like Warp Powder but changing the HP restriction to an HP penalty, in lieu to how spells in SoV work.]
* C Passive: Joint Drive Res

The idea I had is that it's a mage meant to fight against other mages. So a magical anti-magic unit. I'll admit I don't know what I was doing slightly there, haha, since I actually only ever played FEH for a few weeks when it came out... and that was it. So even just pouring hours into the wiki to learn stuff to do this I can't say if I've got the hang of it by now and the kit itself is actually viable... or at least presentable. Oh well...

Well, there it is.