Create-a-hero revival thread

Jotari

They've given us NES Celica and Alm, now I'd love to see NES Duma (and Rudolf) to complete the set. For his human form they could use the artwork where he has a helmet.

Duma: NES Ascended (Armoured Blue Breath)

Duma_Concept.pngDomaEyeBeam.png

HP: 53

Atk: 61 (including weapon)

Spd: 17

Def:37

Res:25

Weapon:  Tentacle:  Mt 16. Atk+3 At the start turn, deal 20 damage to foes within two spaces. At the stat of combat, if foe's HP < 100%, grants Atk/Res+6 and unit makes a guaranteed follow up attack. Iif opponent's range =2, deals damage using the lower of opponents def or res. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Spirit of the Earth: Charge 2. Before combat this unit initates, foes in an area of seven columns and seven rows centered on the unit take damage equal to unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res. Cannot be inherited

A Skill: Atk/Def Prey: If opponent is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Def+7 during combat.

B Skill: Duma's Miracle: If Unit's HP >= 10, foe does not deal effective damage and foe would reduce unit's HP to 1, unit survives with 1HP. Cannot be inherited.

C Skill: Armoured Stride

This time Upheaval takes a different approach, in that it's a special AOE skill, only unlike other AOE skills, this one has massive range, effectively hitting every enemy at once. His weapon is an inverse of Fell Breath, giving him a guaranteed follow up instead of defense against a follow up. A bit like Myrrh and Halloween Myrrh. It also has a Sinmara effect to better guarantee its activation. Lastly, to play off of his "Only Alm can kill him" scthick, I've given him a C skill that grants him a Miracle effect.

Lastly his A skill, Atk/Def Prey is a new skill idea that basically works like a Solo Skill, only it depends on whether the enemy is alone or not. This would not be as good a skill as the actual solo skills given it's easier to control whether you are alone than if your enemy is alone, but it's a neat idea and would work in the game even if Solo skills would be better. You could also have a Bond variation that deals works if the enemy isn't alone too. It works here though as it encourages Duma to be offensive and to damage enemies that get too close. And in preying on lone enemies, Duma can activate his special to deal massive damage across the board against all foes. NES Duma is a power house of a unit, but his main weakness is a pretty low resistance stat.

I made him Blue so Nagi could have someone to actually be a counter of >.>

Edited by Jotari

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something I don't ever expect them to use, but would love if they did. Mystery of the Emblem's male depiction of Naga. Naga is also just kind of underwhelming a unit for all the hype, so she could do with a redux.

Naga: Hero of Man (Cavalry Colourless Breath)

Naga's Gender - General Fire Emblem - Serenes Forest Forums

HP: 41

Atk: 52 (including weapon)

Spd: 43

Def:24

Res:26

Weapon:  Deific Breath:  Mt 16. Grants Atk+3. Effective against dragon foes. Greants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+x during combat. (X=number of dragon allies and allies that have "effective against dragons" within 2 spaces x3. Maximum bonus of +9 to each stat.).

If there is one ally unit within two spaces that has "Effective against dragon foes", unit can perform a follow up attack before foe can counter attack. It there are two ally units within two spaces that have "Effective against dragon foes", unit deals effective damage to all enemy types. If there are three ally units within two spaces that have "Effective against dragon foes", disable enemy skills that prevent follow up attacks.

If foe's Range=2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res. Cannot be inherited.

Assist: 

Special: Shining Emblem

A Skill: Atk/Spd Unity

B Skill: Binding Shield II:

C Skill: Divine Fang II: At the start of tur, grant "Effective Against Dragons" to units within 2 spaces.

He's a cavalry breath unit because we only have two of those, and Naga seems appropriate enough to stand alongside Nifl and Muspell in that regard. In terms of design, he's a mash up of both Legendary Marth and vanilla Naga, including getting their unit skills. Though I've upgraded Naga's C skill to let it have more range. For anyone needing a reminding on Binding Shiled II, guaranteed follow ups and no counter attack against dragon enemies and slower enemies. 

The unique thing to him is his weapon, which is Naga's old weapon with a new addition. He gets not only more powerful with units that have a dragonslayer effect near by, but gets more skills to. The most useful being if there are two units with dragonsalying near by he gets effective damage against all enemies. Making him something of an offensive version of Young and Legendary Shiida.

So Naga is a power house that can rip through foes defenses and mutually power up allies. The one issue is that his movement type as a cavalry unit means he'll be speeding ahead of allies, when he needs to stay in range of them for the benefits (and needs to be near them at the start of the turn to grant the benefits). So he's best on a cavalry team (or with Nifl and Muspell). His defences are also pretty shakey, so he'll be almost exclusively an enemy phase unit.

Edited by Jotari

• 1 month later...

Wow this thread just has no activity. Well I still have ideas, so I'm going to keep posting, and hopefully someone else cna have thoughts so I don't feel guilty about double posting. Next up I'm doing Rinea, whose in the game already as a seasonal, and sort of in her combat form as a proto duo with Berkut, but we still don't have the actual Rinea you fight in Shadows of Valentia. So here she is, and what's more, I'm making her a beast unit for extra interest.

Rinea: Vestal Witch (Armour Red Beast)

Witch Rinea | Wiki | Bad End Friends (Final Malo) Amino

HP: 45

Atk: 52 (including weapon)

Spd: 44

Def:18

Res:39

Weapon:  Wildfire:  Mt 14. This unit deals magical damage. If unit is transformed, unit can move to a space within two spaces of any ally and if unit's special is an AOE and is charged during combat, unit's special is activated after combat (even if enemy is destroyed during combat). If unit is not transformed, unit can't initiate combat or counter attack.

At the stat of turn, if unit is adjacent to a cavalry or lance/axe/sword ally, unit transforms, if not, unit reverts. If unit transforms, grants Atk+2 and unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range.

Assist: 

Special: Blazing Flame

A Skill: 

B Skill: Keepsake Ring: If unit's attack is greater to or equal than enemy's attack, unit makes a guaranteed follow up attack and can also perform a follow up attack before the foe can counter attack. Cannot be inherited.

C Skill: Undying Love: If unit is within two squares of their support partner, grant Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 during battle and grants special cooldown charge+1 to unit and special cooldown charge-1 to foe per attack.

Instead of transforming from other beast/dragon units, she transforms when near cavalry and melee units, as a reference to Berkut. Being near other units does not prevent her transforming. I've made her an armoured unit since she doesn't move in battle and we don't have enough potential armoured beast units, but she's still very mobile as a unit as her weapon allows her to move adjacent to any ally. Like an upgraded version of Nowi's grimoire. 

I've also given her Berkut's Keepsake Ring, since they never wound up using it for any of Berkut's incarnations. In Shadows of Valentia it boosts some stats and provides a recovery, I don't really want to give her renewal since I'm making her a glass cannon, so I've just made up an effect for it that utilizes how attack speed works in Shadows of Valentia, basically requiring only one extra point of speed instead of the usual our or five (can't even remember what it is in heroes, doubling from alternate means have become so popular). Also throw desperation in there because she has weak defense.

Blazing Flame is her special, for obvious reasons, but to give it more bite for a generic aoe special, her weapon lets it activate not only before combat, but after combat too. Making it work this way instead of giving her a unique special means you can actually swap the different aoe specials out and choose the pattern you think works best, rather than being locked to one prf special.

All in all I think that would make for an interesting unit. Her powerful desperation attacks coupled with a quick charging special if she has a support partner backing her up means she can deal heavy damage all across the field. She's also very mobile, but only if she has support of a full team since she's still an armoured unit. That is also her drawback, as she needs support and her defense is very low, so she'll crumble quickly if you're not careful about whom she enters combat with. She's kind of a bizarre melee range tome unit.

Finally since her whole gimmick is supporting Berkut, I gave a new C skill that works off the support mechanics. I could have thrown some support mechanics on Keepsake ring, but I wanted to give a support based special that can be inherited.

If I had more ideas to make, I'd probably post more. As it is, my one and only here will remain my one and only.

As for commentary... eh, I dropped FEH a few weeks after launch, so... can't really comment much on the gameplay side of things.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't created one of these in quite some time! I’m really hoping that either the upcoming New Heroes banner or the one after (whichever one isn’t Three Hopes-related) is a Fates banner. Maybe we actually will get Shura, but this is my speculation/wishful thinking.

I have no real color preference, but green works aesthetically with Shura and many Pegasus knights are blue lance wielders. He’s a speedy archer with high movement capabilities, high attack, above average resistance and low defense.

Shura: Righteous Rogue

Green infantry archer

Skills

Spoiler

Weapon:

Forsaken Bow: Might: 14. Effective against flying units. Inflicts Def/Spd -7 on enemies that cannot counter. Enables Canto (Rem. +1.)

After an attack, Assist skill, or structure destruction, unit can move spaces = any movement not already used that turn +1. (If unit used a movement skill that warped them, its remaining movement is 0.)

(His bow parallels his personal skill in Fates, and that he has Movement +1 as a default skill.)

Skills:

A Skill:

Atk/Spd Catch 4

At start of combat, if foe's HP = 100% or if (Penalty) is active on foe, grants Atk/Spd+7 to unit during combat. At start of combat, if foe's HP = 100% and (Penalty) is active on foe, grants an additional Atk/Spd+2 to unit during combat.

B Skill:

Escape Route 3

If unit's HP ≤ 50%, unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally.

C Skill:

Kohga’s Secret Art: Cooldown: 3. Inflicts -4 attack and -4 speed on foes, and deals 7 bonus damage. (Yes, this stacks with his bow.)

Assist:

Foul Play: Range: 3. Unit and target ally swap spaces.

Special:

Deadeye: Doubles damage dealt. Disables non-Special skills that "reduce damage by X%."

Summoning Dialogue:

“The name’s Shura. I was born a ninja of Kohga, and now I’m surviving as a thief in Nohr. Why did you summon me of all people?”

Barracks Dialogue:

Spoiler

“Some of the Heroes here are surprisingly friendly. I haven’t felt that kind of warmth in a long time.”

“You want to hear more about my homeland, Kohga? When you have some downtime, I’d be happy to tell you more about it, and my dreams to restore it.”

“I forgot how good it feels to not be on the run, and that when I come back from a mission, I can count on having a hot meal and a warm bed.”

“I was raised as a ninja until my homeland Kohga was destroyed. I ended up in Nohr and became a thief to survive there. Now I’m in another unfamiliar land as a Hero. Isn’t life strange?”

“I was born into a ninja clan that served the Hoshidan royal family. The skills I learned as a ninja came in handy as a thief in Nohr, and they’ll come in handy here.”

Character Screen Dialogue:

Spoiler

“Heh.”

“I’m not the kind of person you want to be seen hanging around. Careful who sees us.”

“Hey, let go of me! …Sorry. I don’t think I’ll get used to that.”

“Don’t waste your time talking to me. You must have better things to do.”

“Askr isn’t a bad place to end up. It’s definitely better than Nohr. But Nohr wasn’t all bad. It was rough, but I have a few good memories from there.”

“You say there are others like me here who know what it’s like to have done things they regret? Hmm.”

“I didn’t do anything to deserve being summoned here. I’m just a filthy thief, not some kind of Hero.”

“No one in Askr knows my name, face, or what I’ve done. Maybe I can get a fresh start.”

Level Up and Growth Dialogue:

Spoiler

+1-2: “It’s what I deserve.”

+3-4: “Not bad. I guess I can still learn a few new tricks.”

+5-6: “Kohga will be restored. I swear it!”

Learn Skill/Merge/Unlock Potential Dialogue:

“I’m adaptable.”

Battle Dialogue:

Spoiler

Selection 1: “Your orders?”

Selection 2: “Whatever you say.”

Selection 3: “Respect your elders!”

Critical 1: “For Kohga!”

Critical 2: “Out of my way!”

Critical 3: “It’s nothing personal.”

Critical Health: “Aaaargh!”

Defeat: “If I could see Kohga…one last time…”

5-Star Level 40 Dialogue:

“Thanks for summoning me, (Summoner). I like it here. Even with the war going on, it’s much more peaceful than Nohr and no one here knows who I am or what I’ve done. I regret too many things to name. But you were the one who lifted me from the darkness when you summoned me. At first, I wondered why I was summoned instead of more deserving people, but I came to realize what my purpose was here: to have a fresh start. I can’t make up for everything I’ve done wrong, but at least I can help the people of Askr. And it’s all thanks to you. I said you shouldn’t waste your time talking to me, but I’m glad you did. I just wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done, and let you know I’ll always have your back on the battlefield.”

Greeting Dialogue:

“Are you (Friend)? For some reason, (Summoner) chose me of all people to take a message of greeting to you.”

Edited by Magenta Fantasies

5 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

I haven't created one of these in quite some time! I’m really hoping that either the upcoming New Heroes banner or the one after (whichever one isn’t Three Hopes-related) is a Fates banner. Maybe we actually will get Shura, but this is my speculation/wishful thinking.

I have no real color preference, but green works aesthetically with Shura and many Pegasus knights are blue lance wielders. He’s a speedy archer with high movement capabilities, high attack, above average resistance and low defense.

Shura: Righteous Rogue

Green infantry archer

Skills

Hide contents

Weapon:

Forsaken Bow: Might: 14. Effective against flying units. Inflicts Def/Spd -7 on enemies that cannot counter. Enables Canto (Rem. +1.)

After an attack, Assist skill, or structure destruction, unit can move spaces = any movement not already used that turn +1. (If unit used a movement skill that warped them, its remaining movement is 0.)

(His bow parallels his personal skill in Fates, and that he has Movement +1 as a default skill.)

Skills:

A Skill:

Atk/Spd Catch 4

At start of combat, if foe's HP = 100% or if (Penalty) is active on foe, grants Atk/Spd+7 to unit during combat. At start of combat, if foe's HP = 100% and (Penalty) is active on foe, grants an additional Atk/Spd+2 to unit during combat.

B Skill:

Escape Route 3

If unit's HP ≤ 50%, unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally.

C Skill:

Kohga’s Secret Art: Cooldown: 3. Inflicts -4 attack and -4 speed on foes, and deals 7 bonus damage. (Yes, this stacks with his bow.)

Assist:

Foul Play: Range: 3. Unit and target ally swap spaces.

Special:

Deadeye: Doubles damage dealt. Disables non-Special skills that "reduce damage by X%."

Summoning Dialogue:

“The name’s Shura. I was born a ninja of Kohga, and now I’m surviving as a thief in Nohr. Why did you summon me of all people?”

Barracks Dialogue:

Reveal hidden contents

“Some of the Heroes here are surprisingly friendly. I haven’t felt that kind of warmth in a long time.”

“You want to hear more about my homeland, Kohga? When you have some downtime, I’d be happy to tell you more about it, and my dreams to restore it.”

“I forgot how good it feels to not be on the run, and that when I come back from a mission, I can count on having a hot meal and a warm bed.”

“I was raised as a ninja until my homeland Kohga was destroyed. I ended up in Nohr and became a thief to survive there. Now I’m in another unfamiliar land as a Hero. Isn’t life strange?”

“I was born into a ninja clan that served the Hoshidan royal family. The skills I learned as a ninja came in handy as a thief in Nohr, and they’ll come in handy here.”

Character Screen Dialogue:

Reveal hidden contents

“Heh.”

“I’m not the kind of person you want to be seen hanging around. Careful who sees us.”

“Hey, let go of me! …Sorry. I don’t think I’ll get used to that.”

“Don’t waste your time talking to me. You must have better things to do.”

“Askr isn’t a bad place to end up. It’s definitely better than Nohr. But Nohr wasn’t all bad. It was rough, but I have a few good memories from there.”

“You say there are others like me here who know what it’s like to have done things they regret? Hmm.”

“I didn’t do anything to deserve being summoned here. I’m just a filthy thief, not some kind of Hero.”

“No one in Askr knows my name, face, or what I’ve done. Maybe I can get a fresh start.”

Level Up and Growth Dialogue:

Reveal hidden contents

+1-2: “It’s what I deserve.”

+3-4: “Not bad. I guess I can still learn a few new tricks.”

+5-6: “Kohga will be restored. I swear it!”

Learn Skill/Merge/Unlock Potential Dialogue:

“I’m adaptable.”

Battle Dialogue:

Reveal hidden contents

Selection 1: “Your orders?”

Selection 2: “Whatever you say.”

Selection 3: “Respect your elders!”

Critical 1: “For Kohga!”

Critical 2: “Out of my way!”

Critical 3: “It’s nothing personal.”

Critical Health: “Aaaargh!”

Defeat: “If I could see Kohga…one last time…”

5-Star Level 40 Dialogue:

“Thanks for summoning me, (Summoner). I like it here. Even with the war going on, it’s much more peaceful than Nohr and no one here knows who I am or what I’ve done. I regret too many things to name. But you were the one who lifted me from the darkness when you summoned me. At first, I wondered why I was summoned instead of more deserving people, but I came to realize what my purpose was here: to have a fresh start. I can’t make up for everything I’ve done wrong, but at least I can help the people of Askr. And it’s all thanks to you. I said you shouldn’t waste your time talking to me, but I’m glad you did. I just wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done, and let you know I’ll always have your back on the battlefield.”

Greeting Dialogue:

“Are you (Friend)? For some reason, (Summoner) chose me of all people to take a message of greeting to you.”

Bit weird to give him Foul Play and counter. Basically just copying Yuri's gimmick. And sure, Yuri's great, so it's nice to have a second one of him, but for Shura specifically I think the weapon giving him a permanent movement boost would make more sense (given he has movement+1 and you can get the boots for not recruiting him) than canto+foul play combined. Canto isn't even in Fates and even if it were, Shura wouldn't really be the first in line to get it, being an infantry unit and all. Canto Rem+1 is also something 2 range units just generally don't have.

With the advent of Ascended heroes I'm redoing L!Zelgius' moveset to reflect a possible Ascended Zelgius. This version of him actually defeated Ike at the Tower of Guidance and he then stood with Lehran as Ashera began Tellius anew. If we can get Fallen Ike, we can get this. I've also made a moveset for Levail.

Zelgius: Begnion's War-Hero (Legendary Zelgius)   OR   Zelgius: Blade of Ascension (Ascended Zelgius)

Spoiler

"I am Zelgius, the greatest swordsman on all of Tellius. Even Ike at his peak was unable to best me, though it was a close fight." (if Ascended)

Blessing (if Legendary): Wind

Weapon: Hallowed Alondite (!) : Mt: 16. Accelerates special cooldown. Unit can attack regardless of range. If unit's HP ≥ 25%, gains Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 at start of combat. When in combat against beasts or dragons, targets the lower of foe's Def or Res and disables skills that prevent unit's counterattack.

Assist: Shove

Special: Black Luna

A Skill: Fierce Breath

B Skill: Rewarp Powder (or Warp Powder II, if you will) (!) : If unit's HP ≥ 50%, unit can move adjacent to allies within 2 spaces. Unit can warp adjacent to any ally with HP ≤ 50%.

C Skill: Heightened Stride (!) : At start of turn, unit can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.) If unit is not adjacent to an ally, unit gains [Null Panic]. (This is basically Armored Stride 4, and as such it can be inherited)

Levail: Honorific Sentinel

Spoiler

"My name's Levail. I'm just a soldier of Begnion, but I will serve you well."

"General Zelgius is a man of incredible caliber. ...Hm? Yes, I am aware of his true identity. I was shocked at first, but then it all made sense."

Weapon: Wishblade (!) : Mt: 16. Accelerates special cooldown. Unit can attack regardless of range. At start of turn, if armored allies within 2 spaces use sword, unit gains [Null Panic] and [Dodge]. If armored allies within 2 spaces use sword and unit initiates combat, unit gains Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 and attacks twice. If unit's HP ≥ 25%, gains Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 at start of combat.

Assist: Harsh Command+

Special: Draconic Rage

A Skill: Steady Breath

B Skill: Atk/Def Tempo 3 (!) : Inflicts Atk/Def-3 on foe and neutralizes effects that grant "Special cooldown charge +X" to foe or inflict "Special cooldown charge -X" on unit during combat.

C SkillJoint Close Guard (!) : Grants Def/Res+4 to allies within 2 spaces during combat against sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast foes. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally and foe uses sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast damage, grants Def/Res+4 to unit during combat.

3 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

With the advent of Ascended heroes I'm redoing L!Zelgius' moveset to reflect a possible Ascended Zelgius. This version of him actually defeated Ike at the Tower of Guidance and he then stood with Lehran as Ashera began Tellius anew. If we can get Fallen Ike, we can get this. I've also made a moveset for Levail.

Zelgius: Begnion's War-Hero (Legendary Zelgius)   OR   Zelgius: Blade of Ascension (Ascended Zelgius)

Hide contents

"I am Zelgius, the greatest swordsman on all of Tellius. Even Ike at his peak was unable to best me, though it was a close fight." (if Ascended)

Weapon: Hallowed Alondite (!) : Mt: 16. Accelerates special cooldown. Unit can attack regardless of range. If unit's HP ≥ 25%, gains Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 at start of combat. When in combat against beasts or dragons, targets the lower of foe's Def or Res and disables skills that prevent unit's counterattack.

B Skill: Rewarp Powder (or Warp Powder II, if you will) (!) : If unit's HP ≥ 50%, unit can move adjacent to allies within 2 spaces. Unit can warp adjacent to any ally with HP ≤ 50%.

C Skill: Heightened Stride (!) : At start of turn, unit can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.) If unit is not adjacent to an ally, unit gains [Null Panic]. (This is basically Armored Stride 4, and as such it can be inherited)

Hide contents

"General Zelgius is a man of incredible caliber. ...Hm? Yes, I am aware of his true identity. I was shocked at first, but then it all made sense."

Weapon: Wishblade (!) : Mt: 16. Accelerates special cooldown. Unit can attack regardless of range. At start of turn, if armored allies within 2 spaces use sword, unit gains [Null Panic] and [Dodge]. If armored allies within 2 spaces use sword and unit initiates combat, unit gains Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 and attacks twice. If unit's HP ≥ 25%, gains Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 at start of combat.

Special: Dragon Fang

B Skill: Atk/Def Tempo 3 (!) : Inflicts Atk/Def-3 on foe and neutralizes effects that grant "Special cooldown charge +X" to foe or inflict "Special cooldown charge -X" on unit during combat.

C SkillJoint Close Guard (!) : Grants Def/Res+4 to allies within 2 spaces during combat against sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast foes. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally and foe uses sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast damage, grants Def/Res+4 to unit during combat.

Okay, so this is just based on what headcanon I have based on the Book 6 midpoint trailer, buuuuuut...

Sharena: Barrier-Breaking Duo

Axe Infantry

Description: Sharena, the Princess of Askr and the deity for which her country was named. Upon hearing Sharena's goal of making friends with every hero, Askr enthusiastically offered to assist.

Art: Both Sharena and Askr are enthusiastic in their artwork, though Sharena looks unhappy in the damaged art, which shows Sharena being knocked back and Askr looking toward the enemy with a smile. He's shiwlding Sharena a little bit. Their special activation art shows Sharena riding on the back of a transformed Askr, with her weapon at the ready, and their attacking art shows Sharena riding on an untransformed Askr's shoulders.

Summon quote: Oh, so that's what it's like to be summoned! Askr and I look forward to making friends with everyone here!

Weapon: Frienemy Bell - Effective against armored units. Grants bonuses to atk and spd the more allied and enemy units are within three spaces of the user. (Looks similar to the cowbell-headed polearms Askr and Ash wield)

Assist: N/A

Special: Breaking Barriers - Ignores damage-reducing effects, including weapon effects, Pavise, Escutcheon, etc. and otherwise acts like Moonbow. Deals one strike of damage to structures within three spaces. (Exclusive to this unit.)

Passives:

- Atk/Spd Bond

- ???

- ???

Stats: High HP and spd, fair atk, poor def/res

Barracks Quotes (limited, because duo):

- Askr: Is this how this summoner greets people here?

Sharena: Hehe! Looks like it!

Askr: Well, "tap" to you, too, Summoner!

Barracks Conversation (because duo):

Sharena: Hey, Askr, you knew my ancestors, right? Alfonse says that our country was named after you because you helped them out!

Askr: Ha ha! Alfonse sure likes learning those sorts of things, doesn't he? He looks a lot like him, too: Lif, the first King of Askr.

Sharena: Whoa! Really?

Askr: That's right. Why the sudden interest, though?

Sharena: I don't know. I guess it just felt like something you and I have in common. The Askran royal line, I mean.

Askr: Aw, Sharena, we have a lot more in common than a relation to Lif! You and I are friends ourselves, now, right?

Sharena: Yeah, that's right! But, don't you miss him? You were friends with Lif, too, after all.

Askr: Well, that's just how it goes with mortals. Our time with them is so short, and then it ends forever.

Sharena: That's so sad...

Askr: Not really.

Sharena: Huh?

Askr: I may never speak with Lif again, but I remember what he was like and the good times we shared. That's because even though mortals die, our bonds remain. In a way, our friends can stay with us as long as we remember them. So, Lif is still with me, in that way.

Sharena: Wow... What a wonderful way to look at life!

Askr: Ha ha ha! I'm glad you think so! And you know what, Sharena? I'll carry you around in my heart, too, for as long as I'm around! And everyone else I make friends with!

Sharena: Wow! It's like being immortal ourselves! Alright, Askr! Let's make friends with everyone and build bonds that will last forever!

Castle Quotes:

- "I can't wait to get out there and start making friends!"

- "Wow! There are so many heroes here! It's going to take a long time to greet them all, but we're up to the task!"

- "Enemies don't exist. Just friends who haven't been made yet!"

Movement Quotes:

- Sharena: Let's go!

Askr: Yay!

- Askr: How fun!

- Sharena: Who to meet today?

Special Activation Quotes:

- Sharena and Askr: Ultimate tag-team takedown!

- Sharena: Friends or enemies?

Askr: Time to choose!

- Askr: Want to play rough?

Sharena: Let's!

Defeat Quote:

Askr: Rebuffed...?

Sharena: Why...?

...For funsies, since I imagine these two would really hit it off. Also, not dead set on any of this, but I would like to see these two interact.

On 6/4/2022 at 4:37 AM, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Hide contents

Why adaptive damage? Zelgius doesn't have any particular magic association.

On 6/4/2022 at 4:37 AM, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Reveal hidden contents

Special: Draconic Rage

While it's cool for him to have Zelgius support, Armoured Sword users are a bit too niche for the skill to be practical. Am I expected to deploy him with three armorued sword users and have a team of three reds and one blue? It'd be much better if it were both armoured  units AND sword units giving him coverage to far more units than the handful of armoured swordies.

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

Why adaptive damage? Zelgius doesn't have any particular magic association.

Because I can. Mainly it's meant to reflect Begnion's general hatred of laguz. In hindsight, maybe I should've stuck with effective damage instead. Not both, though; that would be overkill. And I admit it's odd for Alondite to have beast-slaying effects in the first place, which helped justify using the sword from his artwork in my initial post of the moveset (and to my recollection we still have no beast-slaying sword units).

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

While it's cool for him to have Zelgius support, Armoured Sword users are a bit too niche for the skill to be practical. Am I expected to deploy him with three armorued sword users and have a team of three reds and one blue? It'd be much better if it were both armoured  units AND sword units giving him coverage to far more units than the handful of armoured swordies.

You're meant to bring just one armored sword for Levail to gain all his benefits. I worded it similarly to Cain and Abel's refine effects, hoping it was clear you only needed one. Sorry for the confusion.

At this point I've sort of thrown practicality out the window. Too weak, too broken, didn't care anymore; I just wanted to put in fitting skills and effects. I already know "Heightened Stride" would've been overpowered generations ago. You could replace the Null Panic benefit with a different one if you wanted. If nothing else, I did at least try to keep it such that upgrading F!Edel's Armored Stride to a Tier 4 wouldn't make her unstoppable (Elimine can still put a stop to it anyway, not to mention Stall units).

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

4 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Because I can. Mainly it's meant to reflect Begnion's general hatred of laguz. In hindsight, maybe I should've stuck with effective damage instead. Not both, though; that would be overkill. And I admit it's odd for Alondite to have beast-slaying effects in the first place, which helped justify using the sword from his artwork in my initial post of the moveset (and to my recollection we still have no beast-slaying sword units).

You're meant to bring just one armored sword for Levail to gain all his benefits. I worded it similarly to Cain and Abel's refine effects, hoping it was clear you only needed one. Sorry for the confusion.

At this point I've sort of thrown practicality out the window. Too weak, too broken, didn't care anymore; I just wanted to put in fitting skills and effects. I already know "Heightened Stride" would've been overpowered generations ago. You could replace the Null Panic benefit with a different one if you wanted. If nothing else, I did at least try to keep it such that upgrading F!Edel's Armored Stride to a Tier 4 wouldn't make her unstoppable (Elimine can still put a stop to it anyway, not to mention Stall units).

I remember your original moveset and honestly I think I like the idea of him using a non Alondite weapon better. Though I can understand the pull to do so if he's a post game ascended unit. Just in general, even though it's just a name, every incarnation of Ike and Zelgius using Alondite and Darnell feels repetitive. Wished they'd thrown Ettard or the Regal Sword into one of those movesets.