New Heroes and Ascended Fjorm

NSSKG151

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROSHEA! ROSHEA! ROSHEA! Forget about Wolf, we're getting freakin' ROSHEA! Sucky unit in his games but I love him as a character. I thought his chances of getting into Heroes were slim to none. HECK! YES! ROSHEA!

Oh, and giving units a second boon stat is really cool. Nice.

Surprised to see Nyna is not on the banner I blame Fjorm stealing her spot but hey at least Wolf is coming to the game and according the notifications Sedgar is the GHB so I can still have some hope that Medeus and Gotoh might still become Mythic Heroes. I'm kind of curious if they are going to have Nyna show up on a seasonal banner like Winter or next year's bridal banner or something since who knows when Archanea will get another New Heroes banner.

Edited by NSSKG151

So glad I saved plenty of orbs because I must have that gorgeous new Fjorm. 40 pulls ensures I'll get her, but I don't mind getting the other characters in the process, so I'll be pulling all colors.

Also it looks like the freebie is Vyland.

Speaking as someone who isn't even a fan of the Archanean games, what the actual fuck is this lineup? They really bothered to add the entire Wolf Guard (Vyland is visible at about the 2:04 mark, he's an axe cav) before Elice, Nyna and, oh yeah, coyote Hardin himself.

They definitely needed the FEH OC for this one, because this one would've bombed so hard if it was just Wolf/Malice/Vyland/Roshea. 

So, uh, is it just me, or is Roshea the only demote? It looks like the only units being added are Wolf, Sedgar, Malice, Roshea, and Fjorm, which means we only got four proper Archanea slots rather than five. So, unlike banners like Reginn/Nott/Nifl/Muspell's, the base game did in fact have a slot stolen, and that'll probably continue. Ugh.

Edit: False alarm, apparently Vyland saves the day. Odd that he didn't get a proper showing in the video like other insta-demotes, but I guess it was already getting long?

Also where the hell are Nyna and regular Hardin? I wouldn't mind them as seasonals, but this is getting silly, they were the main things I wanted out of the next Archanea banner.

Fjorm and the Ascendant mechanic look cool, though. I'll definitely spark for her, wonder how often they'll add more. Her B skill is neat, and pretty terrifying with her base kit. With Mystic Boost, she'll heal 13 HP after each battle, so she can take a hit with 36 displayed damage and heal it all off afterward. Not looking forward to facing her in Save balls.

Edited by Othin

They're giving us the entire Wolfguard, yet for some inexplicable reason they're also giving us Malice instead of Hardin himself. They'd better be saving him for whenever they introduce Nyna, and he'd better be good, because this is some serious BS. Was Fjorm not attractive enough already or something?

Anyway, I'm not super enthused by this banner regardless of whether Hardin's on it or not. I'll probably end up going for Fjorm, but whether I'll spark or not is questionable.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

So, uh, is it just me, or is Roshea the only demote? It looks like the only units being added are Wolf, Sedgar, Malice, Roshea, and Fjorm, which means we only got four proper Archanea slots rather than five. So, unlike banners like Reginn/Nott/Nifl/Muspell's, the base game did in fact have a slot stolen, and that'll probably continue. Ugh.

Vyland is coming, too. He's on the map at the end of the video as an axe cavalry, before they introduce the new flower. We're getting 5 Archanea slots.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Also where the hell are Nyna and regular Hardin? I wouldn't mind them as seasonals, but this is getting silly, they were the main things I wanted out of the next Archanea banner.

Fjorm and the Ascendant mechanic look cool, though. I'll definitely spark for her, wonder how often they'll add more. Her B skill is neat, and pretty terrifying with her base kit. With Mystic Boost, she'll heal 13 HP after each battle, so she can take a hit with 36 displayed damage and heal it all off afterward. Not looking forward to facing her in Save balls.

I didn't see any announcements anywhere but I did see Vyland in the trailer (around 2:02 as an axe cav) so I'm assuming they are going to hand him out like they did Balthus. But yeah, no Nyna or Hardin seems weird especially since they decided to put Malice on the banner (guess they thought we needed another speedy female sword infantry unit in the game).

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Vyland is coming, too. He's on the map at the end of the video as an axe cavalry, before they introduce the new flower. We're getting 5 Archanea slots.

Yeah, just noticed a mention about that on Reddit. Odd that he didn't get his own section of the video, but emergency averted.

Vyland carrying Heroes' future on his shoulders, imagine that.

Is his weapon a Stout Axe? Neat that they're bringing that weapon set to the main pool.

Yo! My B!Eirika is now going to be both +Atk and +Spd. Let's gooo!!! 

Oh yeah, there's also a banner. Let's see: 

Wolf is ok-ish. Seems like an improvement over Bernadetta but with worse skills at base. 

Malice is cool. Has the same DF mechanic that Farina has, but includes anti-Guard rather than just being a stat ball. 

Roshea is fodder, but a permanent Courtly Candle+ is nice for some tanks, so that's a welcome addition to the permanent pool. 

Super Fjorm seems really good as a Far Save tank. Her Prf has NCD against ranged, which is all she needs because the skill is mostly to deal with healers and self healing to boot. Ice Mirror is kinda outdated, but I'm sure it can do a number to Duo Líf so it's not useless, but it'll likely be replaced by another special. Steady Posture is eh, Mirror Stance is probably better on her. Hardy Fighter is very niche. It combines the defensive part of NFU, Shield Pulse and a sort of Dmg reduction doubler for defensive specials. It pairs nicely with Super Fjorm's Ice Mirror, but other than her I don't see any unit wanting to use this (Legendary F!Corrin would've loved this skill, but she's infantry so no luck). A/R Far Save in the permanent pool is great. 

This feels kinda meh for some reason, but I need to grab another Celestial Stone so I guess I don't have much choice but to spark here. I'm also getting annoyed with the last few banners stapling on a random Heroes OC to the banner without rhyme or reason. Also, guess Tellius has one final chance to show up this cycle or we're not seeing it until book 6.

The banner is a skip for me, I'm not sure how I feel about those Ascended Heroes.

Are they going to introduce these heroes to every banner from now on? We already have Mythic Heroes "taking" slots while introducing a hero as a freebie.

I assume this is the same for her with the axe cav?

I'm also afraid it's just going to be more main character favoritism.

Edited by Nym

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, Vyland is probably an instant demote (and may or may not be given out for free like Balthus was).

Ok good, otherwise I would have been upset for the future Awakening banner if one of those heroes show up on it.

Wild guessing: After Laegjarn next month, we'll get Ascendant Heroes on the New Heroes banners of each odd-numbered month. June, August, and December are occupied by Mythic Heroes and CYL, while Fallen Heroes will move to April to accommodate. That leaves October and February room for regular OCs as bonus units like Nifl and Muspell.

Wonder what the rerun schedule will be like.

Looks like Vyland has an Unbound Axe, which is Deck Swabber in non Seasonal form (the colors in the Axe match Annand's Unbound Blade).

GHB is Sedgar. He can be a Bow Cav unit. If its the case, please be a Red bow Cav or Blue bow cav. I dont think they will release a grail colorless bow cav unir alongside Wolf, and we already have too many Green Bow cavs.

Pretty excited for Fjorm. She looks great! And looks to be a great unit (and annoying too).

So I expect Ascended Laegjarn next month, and... In the future, Ascended Alfonse as King of Askr.

A New Heroes banner literally titled "New Heroes."...and Fjorm.

Fjorm: Ice Ascendant is about what I expected, except for the part where she has just Ice Mirror I and no other non-weapon Prf. It's funny how her base kit effectively gives her special cooldown -3 but her special is only 2 cooldown.

I have no responsibility or association with ascended florets. The name similarity is a coincidence. Time for +Atk/+Spd F!Edelgard.

Vyland hype?

The Wolfguard is finally in (except Sedgar), but they are missing a non evil Hardin sadly. Probablt going to be a skip for me though. Wolf and Malice are cool, but not pull cool and i've soured a little on Fjorm. Roshea is a nice demote though. 'New' lance, brings and brings two not that common skills in the game.

Poor Nyna though. I was so sure she'd finally be on the next Archenea banner.

30 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, guess Tellius has one final chance to show up this cycle or we're not seeing it until book 6.

I'm guessing Awakening will be next month's New Heroes banner, and Tellius, Binding Blade, and Jugdral will be the first batch of banners for Book 6.

2 minutes ago, Sasori said:

The Wolfguard is finally in (except Sedgar)

Segar will be the GHB.

• Cool that we're getting the entire Wolfguard (and Malice)
  • Another Archanea banner and still no Nyna or Elice or regular Hardin?
  • I guess technically these are Mystery of the Emblem characters and not Shadow Dragon characters and regular Hardin is a Shadow Dragon character...
  • Putting the Wolf Guard on a banner with Malice and Ascendant is probably because otherwise they're kind of a bunch of "Literally who?"s
  • I wonder what other characters will get ascendant forms:
    • Askr Ascendant Alfonse?
    • Freyr Ascendant Sharena? (Fairy Sharena!)
    • We already know Muspell Ascendant Laegjarn
    • Angrboða Ascendant Eir?
    • Reginn with Gramr would probably be an Ascendant Hero
Edited by Mysterique Sign