New Heroes and Ascended Fjorm

NSSKG151

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixed feelings

On the one hand, I'm annoyed there's yet another stat boosting resource to collect, especially tied to low percentage chance, high resource expenditure focus summoning; but on the other hand, this also means we may get more variations of Ike, Hector, Veronica, e.c.t. which makes me happy.

I'm a moderator, I must try to set a good example--

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Ahem. . .

Looks like Roshea's the demote, which makes me unreasonably happy.  Sedgar being the GHB is the reason why I can continue to be F2P.   Wolf looks cool, I guess.  Malice has a great voice.

For those keeping score on this (so no one but me), this is the eight month out of ten this year where we got a unit with Atk/Spd Push 4. 

And if one useless fun fact wasn't enough for you, there still isn't a single male unit with Atk/Spd Push 4 (or 3 for that matter) despite the constant spam of it.

4 hours ago, KMT4ever said:

They're giving us the entire Wolfguard, yet for some inexplicable reason they're also giving us Malice instead of Hardin himself. They'd better be saving him for whenever they introduce Nyna, and he'd better be good, because this is some serious BS.

Except Sedgar isn't added yet in Heroes.

I'm kind of wondered if Vyland is going to be a Grand Hero Unit this time since we already have a Tempest Trial fighting Fjmor right now? It's kind of been months since we got more new Archanea Units in Heroes.

Edited by King Marth 64

5 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Except Sedgar isn't added yet in Heroes.

I'm kind of wondered if Vyland is going to be a Grand Hero Unit this time since we already have a Tempest Trial fighting Fjmor right now? It's kind of been months since we got more new Archanea Units in Heroes.

Sedgar is going to be the GHB. 

Vyland will be obtained through some quests and will be added to the summoning pool as a 3~4 star during next month's seasonal banner. 

Just now, Alexmender said:

Sedgar is going to be the GHB. 

Vyland will be obtained through some quests and will be added to the summoning pool as a 3~4 star during next month's seasonal banner. 

Oh really, I didn't see that was mentioned in the notification?

Also, I'm managed to save up to around 30 orbs, I might wait for them to appear when it's ready for summoning.

This banner is meh for me, I never heard of most of this charaters (except for Malice, who I just kinda know the name), with the obvious exception of Fjorm.  Anyway, I'll only go for Fjorm. Only. Also, I belive that eventually she will get Ice Mirror II too like her OG alt?

We're not sure if these ascended heroes are an OC stuff yet, how frequently we will get them, etc. But for now I guess I'll bet that it will be something pretty exclusive (AKA just for the OCs, and not even to all of them)

4 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:
  • Cool that we're getting the entire Wolfguard (and Malice)
  • Another Archanea banner and still no Nyna or Elice or regular Hardin?
  • I guess technically these are Mystery of the Emblem characters and not Shadow Dragon characters and regular Hardin is a Shadow Dragon character...
  • Putting the Wolf Guard on a banner with Malice and Ascendant is probably because otherwise they're kind of a bunch of "Literally who?"s
  • I wonder what other characters will get ascendant forms:
    • Askr Ascendant Alfonse?
    • Freyr Ascendant Sharena? (Fairy Sharena!)
    • We already know Muspell Ascendant Laegjarn
    • Angrboða Ascendant Eir?
    • Reginn with Gramr would probably be an Ascendant Hero

I think it will be kinda like a legendary form for the OCs, yeah, so Reggin could be an ascendant even without being linked to any dragon (probably she would be with Grarm as you said). I hope we get either Veronica or Bruno as Embla's ascendant too.

Also, I don't think Eir could be Angrboda ascendant, Angrboda is Hel's mother (hence, she doesn't have any blood or any connection to Eir, since Hel isn't Eir's actual mother) and is already dead, so if we ever get an ascendant Eir she will probably be "Eir: Dragon of Life's ascendant" or anything like that. I've been saying this for a while, but I really hope we get some TT+ "Life and Death" in the future, telling us details about Eir's past, which kingdom she came from (like, we're told nothing, just that it was a kingdom blessed by the dragon of life, I even wonder if it wasn't that other kingdom that Surtr destroyed in 3 months during book II), who were her parents, who is the dragon of life, also hope to know more about the Triad cataclysm, and about who was Angrboda and how she died (Were Líf and Thrasir the ones who killed her because of her heart or she was already dead and they just took it from a santuary or whatever?), etc... It would be awesome.

And I don't think we will get a "Sharena: Freyr ascendant too", since she never took the nectar we can't have an "OP kid sharena" alt (unless its an alternate dimension or whatever, I'm still waiting for the Álfar Kid banner), and now Freyr is dead so she definitively can't be his ascendant NOW. But it would be nice to see something happen that needed the help of the fairies again (maybe not necessarilly in the realm of dreams) so Sharena voluntaries herself to drink the nectar now and becomes a fairy (but now I guess it would be Freyja who would have to give it to her, whenever she wokes up). So a "Sharena: Freyja ascendant" seems more accurate I guees. (I don't give a crap anyway, as long as we have fairy sharena, it would be dumb if IS didn't ever give us this, it would give them a SHITLOAD of money cuz veryone wants her!)

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Yo! My B!Eirika is now going to be both +Atk and +Spd. Let's gooo!!! 

I thought the same thing xD It's annoying that you only get one item per unique Hero, but I suppose a second asset is worth more than extra Blessings.

I'm surprised Fjorm didn't get Ice Mirror II, but I guess Hardy Fighter's massive dmg reduction means it'll deal more damage? Still weird, I must say. I mean, no one uses defensive specials that aren't Prfs, so Fjorm could have easily just gotten a Prf B Skil that boosted her Res or something, especially since Hardy Fighter "wastes" a cooldown count by having an inbuilt Shield Pulse as Nifl's Bite aleady drops IM to just needing 1 charge. Time's Pulse would have made sense since Armors can't equip the C Skill version.

That aside, I am really excited for her. That she's a new Hero archetype confirms that we'll get more than just her and Laegjarn (and guarantees Laegjarn will get one, since she didn't get anything in the opening scene of Ice & Flame 4), which is really exciting! Gramr!Reginn is a given, and while I'd rather the existing Askr Trio get buffs, we'll probably get them as well (Alfonse and maybe Sharena at the very least).

And possibly the biggest one: Fjorm's joining the permanent pool? I'm still in disbelief about this to be honest, but the notification about the Ascended Heroes said she'd only show up "from time to time" or something along those lines? We'll know for sure on the 18th, so I hope that just means she'll be a focus Hero from time to time.

About that: if anyone else read the notifications, there's a ton happening to commemorate Fjorm, including GHB reruns. I feel like there was supposed to be a Feh Channel for her that got cancelled at the last second...

P.S. I hope we get an extended version of Fjorm's song at some point... (also, I was surprised she was added so quickly after her debut, but I guess the other TT+s happened some time before the following NH banners?)

Uh... hm. The Ascendant Florets seem... hm... you can only get one from each Ascendant Hero the first time you summon them, so that pretty much guarantees next month we'll be getting Ascendant Laegjarn, but I wonder where else they'll go with this "Ascendant Hero" theme. Side question, does this mean all Ascendant Heroes are shoe-ins for the yearly A Hero Rises freebie? Anyway, I don't know how to feel about the stat boost overall. Reading the notification, it seems to just be a second Asset stat, so a pure offensive unit can run +Atk and +Spd, a defensive unit can go +Def and +Res (or +HP), etc.

Given the current uncertain future of how these Ascendant Florets can be acquired are (can they be something like a reward from the highest tier of Arena modes?), you'd have to be exceedingly certain about how you use these things. Which... probably means everyone will use them on their Hegemons to make her even harder to kill...

...oh right the banner. Uh... frankly I don't care about any of these people, but from a purely skills and theoretical stat standpoint...

• Wolf looks... really simple, if I may be blunt. Fast and strong, Desperation effect, that's about all you need in most offensive units. What he needs now is a B skill and special.
  • Malice sounds funny. From what I remember about her, she and Dice don't really have any understanding of the value of gold (as in asking for only a few hundred gold for their services at most), and that clearly shows from the fact you only need to upgrade her two times. She could have easily been a demote unit if she didn't have premium skills.
  • Roshea on the other hand IS the demote unit. Bringing Dancer Eldigan's weapon to the regular summoning pool, alright alright.
  • Took me a bit to understand what exactly Hardy Fighter did, but it's a roided Shield Pulse for Armor units (plus foe-NFU), got it. I dunno though, Fjorm here feels like she's doing her original forms job far better, but as a result it opens her up to be exceedingly weak to both melee attacks and being forced to initiate combat. Would she be good to summon, yeah you didn't need to try and tempt me with that Ascendant Florets stuff, but... I don't think she'll be all that scary to fight, you know?

Overall, Fjorm is neat, the rest I can't say are very strong needs. Wolf looks the "best" of the Archanea characters (incluing whatshisface freebie dude) simply because he's just going straight for the throat, but I'm not feeling like I need to summon him. I'm not even tempted to try and go for Fjorm though, nothing here is really pulling me in... like at all.

21 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That aside, I am really excited for her. That she's a new Hero archetype confirms that we'll get more than just her and Laegjarn (and guarantees Laegjarn will get one, since she didn't get anything in the opening scene of Ice & Flame 4), which is really exciting! Gramr!Reginn is a given, and while I'd rather the existing Askr Trio get buffs, we'll probably get them as well (Alfonse and maybe Sharena at the very least).

Yeah, at least Alfonse and Kiran I guess. I can't wait to see Kiran being usable as an actual unit who is available in every game mode.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

I don't really get the point of the crystal flowers. They just give extra stats, right? And can only 1 be applied per unit? Also, kind of weird that Nifl and Muspell themselves are just normal units. Would've been cool if they'd done a little something more with them if they were planning on having ascended units. Like, if they're on the same team, they give support-like bonuses to each other without taking up a support slot, or something. Would've at least made Nifl and Muspell not being mythics make some sense.

Also, if this is a whole new unit type, then I hope they fill it out with more than just Fjorm, Laegjarn, whoever Embla (the dragon) chooses, whoever Askr (the dragon) chooses, and (presumably) Reginn. For example, Micaiah and Byleth fit perfectly into this category, being basically haunted "chosen ones." That ship may have already sailed, though, and IS will probably use this more for Heros' home story. Unfortunately, that probably means this type of her will be fem-locked (with possibly the exception of Alfonse and maybe Bruno. Actually, thinking about it, I could see Lif and Peony get this treatment, too, with Lif taking over as the new god of Hel (since it sucked up his Askr and Thrasir's Embla anyway) and Peony being the new goddess of dreams in Freyr's place. She already has the symbol on her chest and everything.) Anyway, this seemed unnecessary, and even kind of early since stuff like this tends to get introduced with the start of a new book. Maybe our new free unit will be Ascended Alfonse this time?

Anyway, not sure how to feel about Fjorm. Her new look is cool, but the art style is a bit different from the rest of Heroes' home characters (specifically in the face. Less black/shadows used, I think.) (And why is Fjorm more special as a unit than Nifl herself?)

As for the rest of the banner, actually, I'm pretty happy about it! It's neat seeing the more niche characters get in, and this batch is cool, cool and cute. ^_^ I'm not really a fan of the Archanaean games (especially since I never played FE12 since it wasn't available for me) but these are some fun picks.

16 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yeah, at least Alfonse and Kiran I guess. I can't wait to see Kiran being usable as an actual unit who is available in every game mode.

I didn't think of Kiran! I think I can see a Kiran alt once we deal with Alfadhor, but for now I'd be happy if we can just use the existing version in PvE maps. It'd be really fun to use them for story quests and the like!

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There's a Wolfguard banner.....without Hardin.

You had one job, IS! One job. 

He's on the banner in spirit. As Fjorm's Hardy Fighter.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

i have no idea who those heroes are, ecxept for Fjorm (actually this has been the case for the most of the banners this year)

I think that's a good thing, since it means fans of obscure characters get love. Fjorm attracts newer players too, which is probably a necessary evil to ensure these banners are successful (which in turn encourages IS to add more obscure characters).

And speaking of fans of obscure characters...

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm a moderator, I must try to set a good example--

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Ahem. . .

Looks like Roshea's the demote, which makes me unreasonably happy.  Sedgar being the GHB is the reason why I can continue to be F2P.   Wolf looks cool, I guess.  Malice has a great voice.

D'aww xD

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

For example, Micaiah and Byleth fit perfectly into this category, being basically haunted "chosen ones." That ship may have already sailed, though,

F!Byleth is still in the running, and while Micaiah likely won't get this, we still don't have her middle class in FEH yet, so I guess there's a chance?

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Her new look is cool, but the art style is a bit different from the rest of Heroes' home characters (specifically in the face. Less black/shadows used, I think.) (And why is Fjorm more special as a unit than Nifl herself?)

She's drawn by her original artist, but I agree about her face looking kinda hazy. Of course, FEH has a ton of different artists, and the art is still nice so I don't mind too much. As for the Nifl thing... yeah; while Fjorm fits the definition of an "Ascended Hero" better, it is odd that Nifl and Muspell are just regular Heroes despite creating said new Hero type. I'm not complaining though: I'd much rather they appear here than as Mythic Heroes!

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I don't really get the point of the crystal flowers. They just give extra stats, right? And can only 1 be applied per unit? Also, kind of weird that Nifl and Muspell themselves are just normal units. Would've been cool if they'd done a little something more with them if they were planning on having ascended units. Like, if they're on the same team, they give support-like bonuses to each other without taking up a support slot, or something. Would've at least made Nifl and Muspell not being mythics make some sense.

Also, if this is a whole new unit type, then I hope they fill it out with more than just Fjorm, Laegjarn, whoever Embla (the dragon) chooses, whoever Askr (the dragon) chooses, and (presumably) Reginn. For example, Micaiah and Byleth fit perfectly into this category, being basically haunted "chosen ones." That ship may have already sailed, though, and IS will probably use this more for Heros' home story. Unfortunately, that probably means this type of her will be fem-locked (with possibly the exception of Alfonse and maybe Bruno. Actually, thinking about it, I could see Lif and Peony get this treatment, too, with Lif taking over as the new god of Hel (since it sucked up his Askr and Thrasir's Embla anyway) and Peony being the new goddess of dreams in Freyr's place. She already has the symbol on her chest and everything.) Anyway, this seemed unnecessary, and even kind of early since stuff like this tends to get introduced with the start of a new book. Maybe our new free unit will be Ascended Alfonse this time?

Anyway, not sure how to feel about Fjorm. Her new look is cool, but the art style is a bit different from the rest of Heroes' home characters (specifically in the face. Less black/shadows used, I think.) (And why is Fjorm more special as a unit than Nifl herself?)

As for the rest of the banner, actually, I'm pretty happy about it! It's neat seeing the more niche characters get in, and this batch is cool, cool and cute. ^_^ I'm not really a fan of the Archanaean games (especially since I never played FE12 since it wasn't available for me) but these are some fun picks.

I think IS did this early because then they can make Champion Laegjarn next month, and when book V story ends(which won't take much more months, sorry I don't want to go see when the next new heroes banners will be right now, but we know it won't take too much time) we might get Ascendant Reggin right after it ends since she will wield Grarm during the end of the book. So already 3, maybe we get other of these TTs series right after Ice and flame ends, giving us another ascendant hero (probably Eir).

I'm also not sure how to feel about Fjorms appearence, I like her design too, but I feel that she would have been prettier if something was different but I don't really know what. Also I might be the only one who thinks this but I like her better with short hair, and her hair suddenly growing when she got Nifl's powers seemed too Magical Girl-ish to me. 

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I didn't think of Kiran! I think I can see a Kiran alt once we deal with Alfadhor, but for now I'd be happy if we can just use the existing version in PvE maps. It'd be really fun to use them for story quests and the like!

He's on the banner in spirit. As Fjorm's Hardy Fighter.

I think that's a good thing, since it means fans of obscure characters get love. Fjorm attracts newer players too, which is probably a necessary evil to ensure these banners are successful (which in turn encourages IS to add more obscure characters).

And speaking of fans of obscure characters...

D'aww xD

F!Byleth is still in the running, and while Micaiah likely won't get this, we still don't have her middle class in FEH yet, so I guess there's a chance?

She's drawn by her original artist, but I agree about her face looking kinda hazy. Of course, FEH has a ton of different artists, and the art is still nice so I don't mind too much. As for the Nifl thing... yeah; while Fjorm fits the definition of an "Ascended Hero" better, it is odd that Nifl and Muspell are just regular Heroes despite creating said new Hero type. I'm not complaining though: I'd much rather they appear here than as Mythic Heroes!

(Sorry for double posting but I can't quote new stuff on edits, I don't if its just me or if its not possible)

Yeah, I don't think we will ever get to use OG!Kiran in actual story maps because canonically its said by several heores that they(Kiran) can't fight or defend themselves (which means that the modes where we can use Kiran possibilly are not canonical?) so storywise it wouldn't make sense for them to be fighting alongside the others. I think that at some point in the main story we will have a "Oh! So the Breidablik can actually attack, how cool, Kiran!"(maybe the order of heroes will try to use the Fire Emblem on it, who knows) and then we will have Kiran as an available unit to summon/get them for free (it wouldnt make too much sense to summon yourself, so probably for free, or as an alternative Kiran from the future but i think not?). Probably we wouldn't be able to chose ascendant Kiran's skills and weapon (which will probably be just regular Breidablik instead of Dire Breidablik and all the others) but its fine by me, it would be cool already to have Kiran simply because its Kiran, I think I would be able to bear whatever skills they have.

WOOO-OOOOH!!! BS Fire Emblem representation! Very cool IS, very cool. Now give me substitute units and we are good, all is forgiven.

Anyway I love the character selection for this banner. Outside of how awesome Malice is, I appreciate that they went with the Wolfguard and left nobody behind (this is a Mystery of the Emblem banner, and we already have that game's Hardin, so he wasn't left behind in my book. Even if he was, it's not that much of a problem when the most popular one is the one left behind, because they are guaranteed to come eventually. Sure eventually might mean in a couple years because of how slow this game is at adding units, but come on FE1 Hardin is not a character particularly at risk of never getting in the game, same thing for Nyna) since it's really annoying when just one or two characters from a particular group miss their chance.

Cases like the Four Heavenly Knights without Pamela, the Greil Mercs without Boyd, the Awakening kids without Laurent, and whoever will be left behind when the Dawn Brigade finally gets in the game (Aran, Laura, Meg, Volug and Fiona are all at risk) are all bad situations and I was fully prepared to see the same thing again, so I'm very pleasantly surprised.

And oh yeah, Ascended Heroes. I don't mind them personally, I just hope they don't become the only OCs in New Heroes banners because if they do we lose the convenience of other OCs like Nott not getting the Mythic Banner slot, leaving it free for lore-characters. If they balance Mythic Heroes and Ascended Heroes on New Heroes banners it would be perfect IMO, because let's face it an OC is kinda needed on almost every new hero banner nowadays.

I can see Three Houses, TMS, Fates, maybe Tellius, maybe Awakening and maybe Genealogy being able to sell a banner well with only their own characters, but for every other game the situation is dire. The most popular male characters are already in, and most female characters PERIOD are already in.

Like legendaries, I imagine ascendands will end up as flexible as IS wants. If they try to stick to just OCs, they'll run out fast.

I like how the florets are once per hero, it helps keep the availability balanced since F2Ps can get the full amount available through summoning by sparking. There will probably be some other availability, including orb packs, and maybe celestial stones?

I also like how the base game got a male:female ratio of 4:1. Has that ever happened before? It's what they'll need to really dig further into rosters like this.

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

I also like how the base game got a male:female ratio of 4:1. Has that ever happened before? It's what they'll need to really dig further into rosters like this.

OH MY GOSH YOU'RE RIGHT. I don't think that's happened since the first banner (or first few?), where you had one that was all male and one that was all female. And, of course, some event-specific banners like in that one VG where it was long-haired guys vs short-haired girls, or skill-specific banners. I think that Valentine's Day banners tend to be male-dominant, too, but I'm not 100% on that (and it doesn't really balance out because of...well, all the other banners.)

I'm a bit surprised they actually implemented the Pulse effect into a B skill instead of an exclusive version of her Special, and an inheritable one at that. Other than the exact skills themselves, her kit pretty much matches my predictions.

Hardy Fighter is, as predicted, a souped up version of Shield Pulse, but I certainly wouldn't have expected exactly how they executed it. The defensive half of Null Follow-Up and doubling the effect of the damage reduction is pretty damned amazing. 30% damage reduction turns into 51% damage reduction, and 50% damage reduction turns into 75% damage reduction.

I'm a bit disappointed with her getting A/R Far Save, though. I feel like they could have given her D/R Far Save, though it's not like they are different enough to really matter when she already has 51% damage reduction plus an additional absolute 5 damage reduction after the percentage reduction.

The rest of the banner is entirely uninteresting besides the fact that Stout Lance brings Courtly Candle to the standard summoning pool. Really lives up to the name of the banner being the completely underwhelming "New Heroes".

I'll have to see how many copies of Fjorm I can pull.

The Ascendant Floret mechanic is interesting, but I'm probably going to end up hoarding them as usual due to how ridiculously limited the supply is going to be. Double Assets looks like it would be most efficiently used on fast Brave units (to get +Atk+Spd) and on bulky units that use all of their stats (to get +Atk/+*), though the problem with using them at all is the obvious issue of stat creep.

Ascended Fjorm herself looks like she'll want +Atk+Spd or +HP+Spd.

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

It pairs nicely with Super Fjorm's Ice Mirror, but other than her I don't see any unit wanting to use this (Legendary F!Corrin would've loved this skill, but she's infantry so no luck).

Brave Hector can definitely use it. His bulkiest Far Save set previously ran Aegis + Shield Pulse + Steady Breath, and he'll definitely appreciate having the defensive half of Null Follow-Up on top of Maltet's follow-up prevention along with a 75% Aegis.

I'm definitely building one if I ever get extra copies of Fjorm.

8 hours ago, Florete said:

Time for +Atk/+Spd F!Edelgard.

I'd personally go for +HP as Fallen Edelgard's second Asset (maybe +Res). Her Spd is so low that even with an Asset, she can't block Idunn's Vengeful Fighter.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

OH MY GOSH YOU'RE RIGHT. I don't think that's happened since the first banner (or first few?), where you had one that was all male and one that was all female. And, of course, some event-specific banners like in that one VG where it was long-haired guys vs short-haired girls, or skill-specific banners. I think that Valentine's Day banners tend to be male-dominant, too, but I'm not 100% on that (and it doesn't really balance out because of...well, all the other banners.)

One of the Fallen Heroes banners had Julia as the only woman on the banner. Mind you the gender split overall only has a difference of like 6% affected a lot by the OC’s.

Anyway, easy skip personally, I have no connection to the Archenea games and I find Fjorm dull even by FEH OC standards. I’m also not sure how I feel about this Floret business. I’m really low on orbs right now so it’s kind of a blessing. Hoping I can get back to a decent amount by December.

I’m guessing the Ascendant Heroes will be: Fjorm, Laegjarn, Eir, Alphonse, Veronica, And Reginn at least. Shareena and Anna have a good shot at something too. Not too sure about the fairies, since Triandra joined Lif’s merry band of rogues.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Out of Gallia had Lethe as the only female, with Ranulf, Mordecai, and Caineghis on the banner and Haar GHB.

45 minutes ago, TuxedoBird said:

One of the Fallen Heroes banners had Julia as the only woman on the banner. Mind you the gender split overall only has a difference of like 6% affected a lot by the OC’s.

29 minutes ago, Florete said:

Out of Gallia had Lethe as the only female, with Ranulf, Mordecai, and Caineghis on the banner and Haar GHB.

Ooh, good catches.