Ascendant Floret Discussion and Advice Thread

Some Jerk

5 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I have a +HP -Spd A!Fjorm and I have given her floret on Spd. What if I got another +Atk A!Fjorm and merge the floret'd Fjorm into this +Atk, would the floret be gone or the new copy become +Atk +Spd?

I believe, based on my own merging of Ascended Fjorm, that as long as the merged-into copy does not have an ascended stat already then the ascended stat of the merge-fodder copy will become the ascended stat of the merged-into copy.

So yes, the new Fjorm should become +Atk +Spd.

Ascended Idunn has brought us up to 5 accessible Florets. Also, the distribution pattern seems to be that Ascended Heroes happen every two months. I'll update the OP with this when I get a character sprite for Idunn.

Fun fact! If you've pulled all the Ascended Heroes so far, you'll now be able to put them all together on a full 4-man team that:

• covers the full color spectrum This was incorrect.
  • contains two powerful Save tanks, one Near and one Far
  • contains two powerful ranged attackers, one that has extra damage (or) is uncounterable, and one that has a Trace
  • can all be get an Ascended Asset without needing a Floret
Edited by Some Jerk

Ascended Mareeta has been added and we're now up to 6 florets. Now we have all four colors.

Going forward I'll probably stop posting about OP updates, but I'll still be updating it quietly in the background.

Edited by Some Jerk

42 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Howdy! I have some florets. I have an Atk+ V!Lucina and wondering if this would be an actual beneficial use of a floret to add Spd+ I was going to use her as the center of my Save Tank team.

Depends on the mode and team composition.

If she is just for PvE, the modes are easy enough that you do not need the right Assets.

If it is for Aether Raids AND you have a bunch of Spd Mythics on the team, she would not need it either. If you do NOT have a lot of Spd Mythics, then having Spd as a second Asset would be a good idea. Although my copy is +Spd, I run triple Elimines too, so with Spd+12 from the Mythics, a Spd Asset really is not all that necessary even if she was not +Spd. If you plan to spend a Floret, then I recommend spending the Fruits too and change her Assets to +Atk/Spd, and the Flaw can be -HP or -Res. If she is merged, then the Flaw does not matter since merges gets rid of them.

Edited by XRay

54 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Howdy! I have some florets. I have an Atk+ V!Lucina and wondering if this would be an actual beneficial use of a floret to add Spd+ I was going to use her as the center of my Save Tank team.

It depends on how valuable Florets are to you compared to Trait Fruits.

Valentine Lucina wants a Spd Asset, but [+Atk, +Spd] is not significantly better than [+Spd] for her, so it's probably more worthwhile to spend Trait Fruits on her than a Floret.

I think it's better to save Florets for units whose function is more strongly reliant on both stats.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 8:50 PM, Some Jerk said:

Ascended Mareeta has been added and we're now up to 6 florets. Now we have all four colors.

Going forward I'll probably stop posting about OP updates, but I'll still be updating it quietly in the background.

Did we get a free floret somewhere? I have six ascended units, but seven florets. (I don't have Idunn or Florina)

50 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Did we get a free floret somewhere? I have six ascended units, but seven florets. (I don't have Idunn or Florina)

Everyone got a free one from when the feature first launched.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, nor has the OP been updated, but with the most recent Three Hopes banner, the latest Ascended Hero is Hilda, which brings the total Floret count up to 10, I believe. 

Next month will also mark a whole year since the feature was first introduced, so that's neat. Time flies!

Since the game keeps giving me Ascended Heroes as pity breakers, I did some quick testing on Ascended Asset merge mechanics, and I thought I'd post them here for reference:

• If the merge fodder does not have an Ascended Asset, nothing changes. Obviously.
  • If the merge base already has an Ascended Asset, nothing changes.
  • Otherwise, the merge base will receive an Ascended Asset with the following priority (i.e. the first one that doesn't overlap the merge base's regular Asset):
    1. The same stat as the merge fodder's Ascended Asset.
    2. The same stat as the merge fodder's regular Asset.
    3. The merge base's highest stat at level 1, excluding the merge base's regular Asset, with ties broken by order on the stat screen (top first).

You're probably never going to run into a situation where this will matter, but it's still possible. It's most likely to come up if you want to change your unit's Ascended Asset and would rather pull for extra copies of the unit instead of using Trait Fruits (entirely possible for 4-star-summonable units).

For example, if you have a unit with a Spd Asset and an Atk Ascended Asset and you want to change the Ascended Asset to Res due to the release of a new skill or something (like what happened with Dragon Wall):

1. Merge the unit into a copy with an Atk Asset. This will result in a unit with +Atk +Spd (with Spd as the Ascended Asset instead of Atk).
  2. Then merge the unit into a copy with a Res Asset. This will result in a unit with +Res +Spd (with Spd as the Ascended Asset).
  3. If you want to swap the Asset with the Ascended Asset for whatever reason (like OCD), merge the unit into a copy with a Spd Asset again.

And obviously, if you're ever changing merge bases on Ascended Heroes, it's always best to give the new merge base its Ascended Asset first (because it's free) to make sure you don't accidentally fuck things up.

Edited by Ice Dragon