Now that the DLC is over, which characters do you wish got in?

Perkilator

Just as the title says. For me, in no particular order:

• Crash Bandicoot
  • Dr. Eggman*
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (as a Sonic Echo)*
  • Alph (as an Olimar Echo)

There are others, so I put them on a Google Doc I made

*I started supporting Eggman when Shadow missed the train to be an Echo Fighter

Edited by Perkilator

-I'll always be a big Hades advocate. Perhaps not the most iconic Nintendo villain but certainly the best one. And he's from Sakurai's own series. This is a wish based solely from by own affection for the character, but I don't mind being the only one in the world who enjoys the addition if it means I get what I want.

-Eggman is a really obvious pick. He's one of the iconic and long lasting video game villains. And I think he's about the only iconic villain from the old days who has to make due without any representation. Even Willy is around as an assist trophy. And the good doctor has always been very pleasant to have on screen.

-Finally I'd have wished for Zagreus to get into Smash. Definitely an oddball pick. He's a very recent indie character without the legacy of Shantae or Shovel Knight, and he's a western character to boot. But he also immediately became a strongly beloved indie character upon his introduction, Hades did very well on Switch and just about everyone agrees its really good. With all the weapons and god powers it would be really easy to craft a moveset for Zag, and he'd combine amazingly with the Kid Icarus cast. 

well yes, quite a few in fact

2B, Mark Evans/Mamoru Endou (Inazuma Eleven), Kratos, a Bravely Default rep (possibly Ringabel Tiz or Agnès), and a FF rep who's not from FFVII (Tidus, Terra/Celes, Squall, literally anyone)

yeah, Sephiroth is cool and i love him and the fact that such an iconic 3rd party villain is in Smash, but honestly, if they felt like collaborating with Square Enix in order to add another FF character (Sephiroth's trailer says "Smash X FINAL FANTASY", not "FINAL FANTASY VII"), why did they feel like it was a good idea to pick a second character from the same FF game?
like, Cloud and Sephiroth's "brand icon" in Smash is the FF logo, not the Meteor from FFVII's logo, so why

Edited by Yexin

Characters that I wish had gotten in, instead of a character that did:

Captain Toad, mainly because I think a little Toad that can't jump would've been a funnier joke fighter than Piranha Plant.

Edelgard; I would've greatly preferred Edelgard over Byleth and, honestly, she's the real mascot of Three Houses, not Byleth.

Decidueye, mainly because I think Decidueye is cooler and more unique than Incineroar. Plus, grass type is the main type that has yet to have had solo representation in any of the Smash Bros. games (Charizard went solo in Smash 4, and it and Greninja meant fire and water were covered, but no grass).

Characters that I wish had gotten in, regardless of the current list of fighters:

…I can't really think of any.

Most of the characters I would like to see were from franchises that are not that are massively popular or from series that some people would say is already 'overrepresented'.

• Adol Christin (YS)
  • Kiryu Kazuma (Yakuza)
  • Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Master Chief (Halo)
  • A Final Fantasy character not from FF7 such as Terra from FF6 or the Warrior of Light from FF1 though I understand why they went with Sephiroth.
  • I wouldn't have minded another Pokemon whether it's a popular one like Eevee, a Gen 8 rep like Zacian or even another Pokemon Trainer team such as the Hisuian Trainer from Legends using something like Cyndaquil, Dewott and Decidueye though that last one was unlikely anyways since the games isn't even out yet.

Literally none of the characters I wanted got in, so my list is exactly the same as it was when the game was announced. My top wants were 2B, Dixie Kong, and Anna. I didn't go as far as a top 10 but I don't think any of the Ultimate newcomers would have been on it.

In the end, though, I see it as a bit of a blessing in disguise. Ultimate is my least-played Smash game, mostly for reasons unrelated to the newcomers, so not getting anyone I wanted made it easier to just leave the game behind.

I wish we could've gotten an Etrian Odyssey rep, and Jibanyan. Yo-Kai Watch and Etrian Odyssey don't even have a mii costume or even a spirit. Actually, I would've been beyond happy if they got a mii costume, literally any representation would've appeased me.

There's tons of characters I'd love to have seen get into Smash Ultimate, but I'll narrow it down to the same number of characters that Ultimate's DLC ended up being: 12.

• Crash Bandicoot. It's a tragedy that he didn't get in, honestly. Crash will be my most wanted character until the day he makes the Smash Bros. roster.
  • Lyn. My next most wanted character after Crash. I will never, ever be satisfied with the Fire Emblem representation in Smash until Lyn is a playable character. She's been seriously disrespected for over a decade now, as far as Smash is concerned.
  • Spyro. Spyro would be dependent upon Crash, the Bandicoot would definitely come before Spyro could even dream of coming, but should Crash come? Then let Spyro follow him.
  • Waluigi. At first I wasn't concerned with Waluigi and really didn't mind one way or the other if he became playable or stayed an Assist Trophy, but then a potted plant got into Smash and he didn't. No matter what you think about him or his fans, that's just dumb. Really, really dumb. Come on.
  • Zael. This was my "longshot" wish. Xenoblade got popular, but I always felt that it seriously overshadowed The Last Story. I wish Zael could have gotten some attention in Smash Bros.
  • Leon Kennedy. If Bayonetta and Persona can work for Smash, so can Resident Evil. Leon is my favorite RE character, and he stars in my two favorite RE games.
  • Jin Kazama. I love that Kazuya got into Ultimate and I certainly wouldn't replace him, but Jin was definitely my personal choice for a Tekken representative.
  • Peppy Hare. Nope, no joke. Everyone always talks about Krystal, but you know who I wanna see as another Star Fox rep? Peppy.
  • Gen 2 Pokemon Trainer. Ever since Brawl and the Gen 1 Pokemon Trainer, I've been wishing to see a trainer for Gen 2 with Feraligatr, Quilava, and Chikorita.
  • Impa. Zelda could seriously use a character that isn't Link for the fourth time, and Impa is such a logical choice that would really fit and work so well.
  • Cranky Kong. Dixie Kong and Funky Kong would both be great reps for Donkey Kong, but, personally? My pick is Cranky.
  • Crono. I love Cloud. I love Sephiroth. I love Dragon Quest Hero. But if Nintendo was gonna get more from Square, I'd have loved to have seen Crono. Chrono Trigger is such a fantastic game, and an incredibly popular one, yet it almost feels like it's being kinda forgotten. I'd love to see them make Crono relevant again.

Pig Beast Ganon. Not only would it do the job of silencing the last vestige of people who complain about Ganondorf, but it would give us a rep in series that hasn't gotten anything new since Melee (yeah I don't really think of Toon Link as new, even  now I think they should have just kept the name Young Link in Brawl).

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

There's tons of characters I'd love to have seen get into Smash Ultimate, but I'll narrow it down to the same number of characters that Ultimate's DLC ended up being: 12.

• Crash Bandicoot. It's a tragedy that he didn't get in, honestly. Crash will be my most wanted character until the day he makes the Smash Bros. roster.
  • Lyn. My next most wanted character after Crash. I will never, ever be satisfied with the Fire Emblem representation in Smash until Lyn is a playable character. She's been seriously disrespected for over a decade now, as far as Smash is concerned.
  • Spyro. Spyro would be dependent upon Crash, the Bandicoot would definitely come before Spyro could even dream of coming, but should Crash come? Then let Spyro follow him.
  • Waluigi. At first I wasn't concerned with Waluigi and really didn't mind one way or the other if he became playable or stayed an Assist Trophy, but then a potted plant got into Smash and he didn't. No matter what you think about him or his fans, that's just dumb. Really, really dumb. Come on.
  • Zael. This was my "longshot" wish. Xenoblade got popular, but I always felt that it seriously overshadowed The Last Story. I wish Zael could have gotten some attention in Smash Bros.
  • Leon Kennedy. If Bayonetta and Persona can work for Smash, so can Resident Evil. Leon is my favorite RE character, and he stars in my two favorite RE games.
  • Jin Kazama. I love that Kazuya got into Ultimate and I certainly wouldn't replace him, but Jin was definitely my personal choice for a Tekken representative.
  • Peppy Hare. Nope, no joke. Everyone always talks about Krystal, but you know who I wanna see as another Star Fox rep? Peppy.
  • Gen 2 Pokemon Trainer. Ever since Brawl and the Gen 1 Pokemon Trainer, I've been wishing to see a trainer for Gen 2 with Feraligatr, Quilava, and Chikorita.
  • Impa. Zelda could seriously use a character that isn't Link for the fourth time, and Impa is such a logical choice that would really fit and work so well.
  • Cranky Kong. Dixie Kong and Funky Kong would both be great reps for Donkey Kong, but, personally? My pick is Cranky.
  • Crono. I love Cloud. I love Sephiroth. I love Dragon Quest Hero. But if Nintendo was gonna get more from Square, I'd have loved to have seen Crono. Chrono Trigger is such a fantastic game, and an incredibly popular one, yet it almost feels like it's being kinda forgotten. I'd love to see them make Crono relevant again.

If were talking about operation rainfall protagonists than Aeron would be well above Zael for me. He has way better moveset potential and just comes from a much better and even more under appreciated game.

Pheonix Wright, Rynosuke Naruhodo, and Zagreus are the three I thought would have pretty good chance of being in Smash. Regardless, I can't complain. I got Byleth, Sora, Hero, and Pyra/Mythra, this DLC has been a blast. Especially for Sora. Never thought Sakurai would ever get Sora into Smash, but he did it. He got through the scummy company that is Disney. Really Sakurai, thank you. You truly are the man of ,miracles, the Christ of Gaming. 

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

If were talking about operation rainfall protagonists than Aeron would be well above Zael for me. He has way better moveset potential and just comes from a much better and even more under appreciated game.

I'd disagree, Pandora's Tower is good but I'd say The Last Story is a much better game. Zael trumps Aeron, for me.

On 10/20/2021 at 5:48 AM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd disagree, Pandora's Tower is good but I'd say The Last Story is a much better game. Zael trumps Aeron, for me.

Even putting aside game quality (because you are wrong, The Last Story is mostly trash, though with a great final boss), Aeron just has more potential than Zael in terms of abilities. There's just a lot more you can do with a chain than Anime Swordsman #7. Though if swords are still in vogue then Aeron has them too. As well as a at the and a puke driver and a bunch of other things. Even adapting Zael's main gimmick faithfully would be challenging, as his main purpose in battle is to take enemy aggro. You could turn the whole thing into a counter that slows enemies, but that's still not reflecting how Zael actually functions.  Thats' not something you really can do outside of building a character designed for team battles.

Edited by Jotari

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Even putting aside game quality (because you are wrong, The Last Story is mostly trash, though with a great final boss)

Yes, I'm totally wrong for liking the game that's far less clunky more than Pandora's Tower. I'll be sure to run my preferences by you first from now on.

Aeron just has more potential than Zael in terms of abilities. There's just a lot more you can do with a chain than Anime Swordsman #7. 

And this just tells me you didn't actually play the game, as there's more to Zael than just swords. There's more to Aeron as well, but he's just as Anime Swordsman #7 as Zael is, I mean just look at all the promotional photos and official art with his sword. Not to mention the cover of the game itself, and the actual gameplay where his primary weapon is...a sword. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Even adapting Zael's main gimmick faithfully would be challenging

Seriously? After ALL that's been accomplished in Smash Bros., you're still doubting? Suuuuure, dude. Sure.

Thats nkt something you really can do outside of building a character designed for team battles.

Yes you can, Smash has already adapted a ridiculous amount of various playstyles and character structures. This is not nearly as hard as you seem to think.

I really should have stopped reading the moment you said "you're wrong" because you had NOTHING of value to say, you just wanted to say "you're wrong" in five different ways. The topic asked which characters we wished got into Smash Ultimate, so I listed my choices. I don't need some mouth breather telling me I'm wrong for liking the games I like or wanting the characters I want. Kindly shut up and bug off.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yes, I'm totally wrong for liking the game that's far less clunky more than Pandora's Tower. I'll be sure to run my preferences by you first from now on.

Didn't say you couldn't like it. Still a bad game whether you like it or not though.

And this just tells me you didn't actually play the game, as there's more to Zael than just swords. There's more to Aeron as well, but he's just as Anime Swordsman #7 as Zael is, I mean just look at all the promotional photos and official art with his sword. Not to mention the cover of the game itself, and the actual gameplay where his primary weapon is...a sword. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Yes I have played the game...didn't you see me praising the final boss? I think you've taken my quality assessment a but personally which has biased you towards any fruitful conversation on the matter.

Seriously? After ALL that's been accomplished in Smash Bros., you're still doubting? Suuuuure, dude. Sure.

Yeah, I think that's a comment of someone who's taken this too personally to actually have a conversation. Do you have any ideas or suggestions as to how we can build a character who's main gimmick is drawing attacks to allow allies ai controlled allies the chance to attack without designing a character that's only useful in team battles (while also not being so exclusively designed for team battle so as to remain the only viable choice to run in team battle)?

Yes you can, Smash has already adapted a ridiculous amount of various playstyles and character structures. This is not nearly as hard as you seem to think.

I really should have stopped reading the moment you said "you're wrong" because you had NOTHING of value to say, you just wanted to say "you're wrong" in five different ways. The topic asked which characters we wished got into Smash Ultimate, so I listed my choices. I don't need some mouth breather telling me I'm wrong for liking the games I like or wanting the characters I want. Kindly shut up and bug off.

Once again, I didn't say you're wrong for liking it. I like The Last Story too. It's just not a great game. Lighten up. No need to take things personally. Like I said, we can put aside quality assessments of the game and still talk about the character potential within it.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Didn't say you couldn't like it. Still a bad game whether you like it or not though.

It's not a bad game, though.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Yes I have played the game...didn't you see me praising the final boss? I think you've taken my quality assessment a but personally which has biased you towards any fruitful conversation on the matter.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, I think that's a comment of someone who's taken this too personally to actually have a conversation.

And that's a comment from someone trying to cover up their crap and blame-shift.

Nothing was taken personally. Calling you out on your crap does not equal taking it personally. You literally led with "you're wrong" and didn't even attempt to give any take or reason other than "it's trash" and "he's a swordie and it's too hard." You don't get to tell me I'm biased towards anything. If anyone was biased and shut down any actual conversation, it was you.

Like I said, we can put aside quality assessments of the game and still talk about the character potential within it.

You're the one who started quality assessments! Once again, YOU led with "you're wrong" and "it's trash."

Lighten up. No need to take things personally.

After telling me "You can't have a conversation" and "somebody took it too personally," and blame-shifting, you don't get to tell me this, especially with how condescending that comes off. Own up to your own stuff before condescending to everyone else.

Sorry, after this garbage, I don't WANT to talk character moveset potential with you. You've already shown yourself as biased against Zael, told me TLS is trash, and tried blaming ME for all this. No, I'm not discussing movesets with you. And for the record, I do like Pandora's Tower and I do want Aeron in Smash, I just want Zael and those other 11 a bit more.

20 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It is though.

And that's a comment from someone trying to cover up their crap and blame-shift.

Nothing was taken personally. Calling you out on your crap does not equal taking it personally. You literally led with "you're wrong" and didn't even attempt to give any take or reason other than "it's trash"

Yes, because I said I was setting that aside. As arguing over the quality of the game is irrelevant for the potential of the characters in Smash.

and "he's a swordie and it's too hard." You don't get to tell me I'm biased towards anything. If anyone was biased and shut down any actual conversation, it was you.

Yeah those are reasons, valid reasons. Your responded by saying I was wrong without actually challenging them. If you're not biased you could actually challenge them and show me some theory crafting on a way Zael could work in Smash that would be more interesting than Aeron, I have an open mind. You probably won't believe that because you've now painted me in your head as some sort of enemy, but it's true.

You're the one who started quality assessments! Once again, YOU led with "you're wrong" and "it's trash."

After telling me "You can't have a conversation" and "somebody took it too personally," and blame-shifting, you don't get to tell me this, especially with how condescending that comes off. Own up to your own stuff before condescending to everyone else.

Sorry, after this garbage, I don't WANT to talk character moveset potential with you. You've already shown yourself as biased against Zael, told me TLS is trash, and tried blaming ME for all this. No, I'm not discussing movesets with you. And for the record, I do like Pandora's Tower and I do want Aeron in Smash, I just want Zael and those other 11 a bit more.

Look man you're taking this way too personally. And I can tell that anything I say you're going to take the personally. I am not attacking you for your opinions, I'm not saying you can't like whatever you want to like, I never said that, in fact I've said the opposite, as yes, believe it or not I do like The Last Story while simultaneously thinking it's a bad game, that's something people can do. And you can like Pandora's Tower too. I wasn't trying to turn it into a contest between them. Aeron vs Zael as a potential character for Smash, yes that's a relevant contest worth having here, but not which game is better. The reason you don't want (all caps) to discuss this with me is because you've taken my comments personally when you had no reason to. And that's not a snipe or an attack, you have no cause to take it as such.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

It is though.

Since when is this a thread to debate the quality of The Last Story? If you must continue this dispute, please do it somewhere else.

To answer the prompt:

- Crash Bandicoot

- Phoenix Wright

- Madeline (from Celeste)

That's all that really come to mind.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

It is though.

Isn't, and I'll keep going like this all damn day. 🙂

Yes, because I said I was setting that aside. As arguing over the quality of the game is irrelevant for the potential of the characters in Smash.

Sorry, but this...

20 hours ago, Jotari said:

Even putting aside game quality (because you are wrong, The Last Story is mostly trash, though with a great final boss)

...is NOT "putting it aside." If it was, the parenthesis follow-up would not be there. Don't sell me poop and tell me it's gold.

Yeah those are reasons, valid reasons. Your responded by saying I was wrong without actually challenging them

No, what I said was:

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

there's more to Zael than just swords. There's more to Aeron as well, but he's just as Anime Swordsman #7 as Zael is, I mean just look at all the promotional photos and official art with his sword. Not to mention the cover of the game itself, and the actual gameplay where his primary weapon is...a sword.

11 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

-I did not dispute that Zael used swords, I said that there's more to Zael than swords, such as his crossbow, or any of the Joke Weapons you can equip, like a literal toy squeaky hammer.
-I did not say that Zael would be any more or any less interesting than Aeron. I said that Aeron is just as much of an anime swordsman as Zael, as he factually uses a sword as his primary weapon in Pandora's Tower gameplay and wields it in all of his promotional and official art, as well as the cover of the game.
-Don't doubt Smash, because it is possible to work in practically any character. Just look at freaking Piranha Plant.

You are wrong about it being too hard, and you didn't really give me anything to challenge. You just described some mechanics from TLS. That's not proving anything, nor is it giving me any kind of topic to challenge.

If you're not biased you could actually challenge them

Piss off.

and show me some theory crafting on a way Zael could work in Smash that would be more interesting than Aeron, I have an open mind.

I'm not playing the "prove me wrong with a whole moveset" game. That's not what this topic is for. Again, I did not claim that Zael would be more or less interesting than Aeron, just that I would prefer Zael and Aeron is just as much anime swordsman. You'll get a basic partially-thought out moveset:

-Zael's Down-B could be the generic counter, as he does have that in TLS, or they could be more interesting and take a page from Shulk's or Hero's book and use buffs. Zael's Power Strike, Spirit Attack, and Cure buffs could be cycled through: Power Strike increases Zael's attack power just as it does in TLS, Spirit attack increases his speed just as it does in TLS, and Cure could restore a certain amount of health (no more than 20%).
-Zael's Side-B could be taken from his Gale skill, although modified slightly. Instead of dashing forward and creating a cyclone, he could remain stationary and shoot out a cyclone. The swing of his sword damages opponents in his general vicinity (behind, above, below) while the cyclone goes forward and damages those within range in front of him. Could be charged for a bigger, more powerful cyclone.
-Zael's Up-B could be based off his Vertical Slice. Launch into the air like every other Smash character, and slam down creating a shockwave.
-Zael's Standard-B could simply be his crossbow, with the arrows having a random effect between fire electricity and poison (similar to the Pikmin), should they hit.

And none of that even goes into any of the other weapons in the game, such as the aforementioned Joke ones, or the Mark of the Outsider, or any magic, or any team-based mechanics, or anything else that could easily be utilized by the Smash team.

You probably won't believe that because you've now painted me in your head as some sort of enemy, but it's true.

Look man you're taking this way too personally. And I can tell that anything I say you're going to take the personally.

The reason you don't want (all caps) to discuss this with me is because you've taken my comments personally when you had no reason to. And that's not a snipe or an attack, you have no cause to take it as such.

I repeat: I did not take it personally, and I have not painted you as some sort of enemy in my head. You came off as condescending and snooty (seriously, leading with "you're wrong" is a terrible, terrible way to start any conversation) and I called you out. That's it. Don't paint yourself as some kind of victim here.

I wasn't trying to turn it into a contest between them.

You literally just challenged me to theorycraft an entire moveset for Zael over Aeron. If that isn't trying to make a contest, I don't know what is.

Aeron vs Zael as a potential character for Smash, yes that's a relevant contest worth having here

There doesn't even need to be a contest! Insert "Why not both?" GIF here. And no, not here, this is not the topic for it.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Please don't, lest the topic turns into Things That Eclipse Likes.

13 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think I've made it clear that's not a conversation I actually want to have. As has been said, this isn't a thread for, nor have I ever attempted to make it one about, debating how mediocre The Last Story is or isn't.

Sorry, but this...

...is NOT "putting it aside." If it was, the parenthesis follow-up would not be there. Don't sell me poop and tell me it's gold.

No, it is. Like I literally say putting that issue aside. I'm being genuine.

No, what I said was:

-I did not dispute that Zael used swords, I said that there's more to Zael than swords, such as his crossbow, or any of the Joke Weapons you can equip, like a literal toy squeaky hammer.
-I did not say that Zael would be any more or any less interesting than Aeron. I said that Aeron is just as much of an anime swordsman as Zael, as he factually uses a sword as his primary weapon in Pandora's Tower gameplay and wields it in all of his promotional and official art, as well as the cover of the game.

I would say the chain is far more of an associated weapon of his.

-Don't doubt Smash, because it is possible to work in practically any character. Just look at freaking Piranha Plant.

Piranha Plant I wouldn't gauge as an example of a fundamentally unworkable character. So long as you can accept it moving left to right. I think the most fundamentally unworkable character they implemented would be Duck Hunt as the dog has basically nothing going for it, but if the concept of the character is Duck Hunt Duo then it becomes quite a bit more workable, and that's kind of what they ended up with, trying to simulate somewhat the experience of playing Duck Hunt rather than playing the dog (with a minor smattering of summoning some characters from a completely unrelated game). And I guess thinking more on the idea, Fox and Captain Falcon right at the bengning were pretty unfamentally unworkable. And to a certain extent they aren't accurate representations of the characters, more so in Captain Falcon's case. I'm not sure if even would have gotten into Smash if they didn't already have a moveset made from him from when they were designing the game before making it a Nintendo All Stars Crossover. He kind of got Ganondorfed into the game just like Ganondorf did in Melee.

Piss off.

Like I said man, chill. There's no need to be emotional. We don't want Eclipse coming down on us. Now you've chosen to continue this conversation when you could have just as easily ignored me by talking about Zael and his potential, if that's something you seriously want to do, we can do it. If it's something you're actually not remotely interested in talking and you're just responding out of some form of illogical pride, then you can just stop responding. I'm not forcing you to do anything.

I'm not playing the "prove me wrong with a whole moveset" game. That's not what this topic is for. Again, I did not claim that Zael would be more or less interesting than Aeron, just that I would prefer Zael and Aeron is just as much anime swordsman. You'll get a basic partially-thought out moveset:

-Zael's Down-B could be the generic counter, as he does have that in TLS, or they could be more interesting and take a page from Shulk's or Hero's book and use buffs. Zael's Power Strike, Spirit Attack, and Cure buffs could be cycled through: Power Strike increases Zael's attack power just as it does in TLS, Spirit attack increases his speed just as it does in TLS, and Cure could restore a certain amount of health (no more than 20%).
-Zael's Side-B could be taken from his Gale skill, although modified slightly. Instead of dashing forward and creating a cyclone, he could remain stationary and shoot out a cyclone. The swing of his sword damages opponents in his general vicinity (behind, above, below) while the cyclone goes forward and damages those within range in front of him. Could be charged for a bigger, more powerful cyclone.
-Zael's Up-B could be based off his Vertical Slice. Launch into the air like every other Smash character, and slam down creating a shockwave.
-Zael's Standard-B could simply be his crossbow, with the arrows having a random effect between fire electricity and poison (similar to the Pikmin), should they hit.

And none of that even goes into any of the other weapons in the game, such as the aforementioned Joke ones, or the Mark of the Outsider, or any magic, or any team-based mechanics, or anything else that could easily be utilized by the Smash team.

And there's where I have my issue. Gathering is completely absent, and that is a very fundamental trait for Zael. Not only is it the main conceit of the gameplay in The Last Story, but it's the main focus of the story too (albeit I don't think integrated too well, as the story doesn't seem to care what the power does, just that it's special, while it's literal function isn't all that amazing in practical reality, being that it encourages people to attack you). If Zael gets in without Gathering in some form then I see it as an illfit representation of both the character and The Last Story as a whole. Gathering is as fundamental to Zael as the Monado is to Shulk.

I repeat: I did not take it personally, and I have not painted you as some sort of enemy in my head. You came off as condescending and snooty (seriously, leading with "you're wrong" is a terrible, terrible way to start any conversation) and I called you out. That's it. Don't paint yourself as some kind of victim here.

Well like, you're telling me to piss off, so you're not really acting otherwise.

Edited by Jotari