If olivia is reclassed at level 30 dancer to a lvl 1 advanced class and then immediatly back to dancer, what level will the dancer be?

Ⱥstra

Hello,

I ask this because Im thinking if I reclass a level 30 olivia to  a level 1 advanced and then immediately back to dancer and it hypothetically lowers her dancer level, then I could cap all her stats by making her dance back to max level after each reclass. Like this maybe Dancerl lvl 30 > Advanced lvl 1 > Dancer lvl X > dance back to max level >reclass.

Or does it look like this, dancer lvl 30 >advanced lvl 1 > dancer lvl 30?

Do second seals lower specials classes levels (manakete, dancer and some dlc classes), when you reclass back to them or are they an exception?

Does anyone know? I do not own any second seals at the moment and am not far enough to buy any so unfortunately I cant test it myself.

Thanks!

Edited by Ⱥstra

First, do some research before asking such things.  The description of a Second Seal is:

Reclasses a Level 10 or higher (or promoted) unit to a different class

Leveling isn't quite as intuitive, but if you scroll far enough, you'll see an explanation on this page.  Third, if you're going to get a Second Seal anyway, just play through the game until you get it, then save to a different slot before using it.

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

First, do some research before asking such things.  The description of a Second Seal is:

Leveling isn't quite as intuitive, but if you scroll far enough, you'll see an explanation on this page.  Third, if you're going to get a Second Seal anyway, just play through the game until you get it, then save to a different slot before using it.

I am well aware of what a second seal does. If a special class is reclassed with a second seal post lvl 20 or 30 (not sure) they reclass to an advanced class at lvl 1 according to the research I did before making this post. I am wondering what reclassing back to a dancer from a level 1 advanced class that was once a lvl 30 special class, does to the level of said special class one reclassed to it.

I did not find an answer for said question on what you linked, if there is one please let me know and I am also not sure what informing me of what the second seal does, has to do with me figuring out an answer to my question. I am not sure what you meant by your reply in general actually. Maybe the fault of that lies on my end but as it stands I am unable to see as to why that would be the case.

Thanks for the reply either way though.

11 minutes ago, Ⱥstra said:

I am well aware of what a second seal does. If a special class is reclassed with a second seal post lvl 20 or 30 (not sure) they reclass to an advanced class at lvl 1 according to the research I did before making this post. I am wondering what reclassing back to a dancer from a level 1 advanced class that was once a lvl 30 special class, does to the level of said special class one reclassed to it.

I did not find an answer for said question on what you linked, if there is one please let me know and I am also not sure what informing me of what the second seal does, has to do with me figuring out an answer to my question. I am not sure what you meant by your reply in general actually. Maybe the fault of that lies on my end but as it stands I am unable to see as to why that would be the case.

Thanks for the reply either way though.

What you're asking, if I'm reading this right, is whether or not levels reset on using a Second Seal.  Which should be apparent the minute you use it.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What you're asking, if I'm reading this right, is whether or not levels reset on using a Second Seal.  Which should be apparent the minute you use it.

I'm asking if levels are reset for a dancer who reclasses back to dancer after having reclassed to an advanced class from max level dancer. I know dancer is a special class so I am not sure if the level reset works the same way. Would dancer be sent back to level 1 even though it was level 30 initially, in the chain of reclassing I pathed out in my initial post? I ask this because if this chain does reset the dancers class, all of olivias stats can be capped easily by just having a bunch of second seals and spamming dance.

I figured this would be an amazing gimmick if true and therefore figured it worthy to ask about on this forum.

I'm just gonna throw this out there but you can always save before using it and then if you don't like the results then you can just reload. And before you ask any class that reaches cap can cycle back to lv 1 with a second seal.

Edited by ciphertul

1 minute ago, Ⱥstra said:

I'm asking if levels are reset for a dancer who reclasses back to dancer after having reclassed to an advanced class from max level dancer. I know dancer is a special class so I am not sure if the level reset works the same way. Would dancer be sent back to level 1 even though it was level 30 initially, in the chain of reclassing I pathed out in my initial post? I ask this because if this chain does reset the dancers class, all of olivias stats can be capped easily by just having a bunch of second seals and spamming dance.

I figured this would be an amazing gimmick if true and therefore figured it worthy to ask about on this forum.

Do you know how people get their units strong enough for Apotheosis?  Now why would IS decide "well we'll have regular classes work One Way with a Second Seal and Another Way with other classes"?  A little bit of logic and researching what people use Second Seals for would answer this question.  Or typing something like "awakening second seal level reset" into a search engine and looking through those results.

And before you decide that Second Seals are too precious to be used like that, they become buyable later on.  So there is literally nothing stopping you from experimenting with this.

4 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I'm just gonna throw this out there but you can always save before using it and then if you don't like the results then you can just reload. And before you ask any class that reaches cap can cycle back to lv 1 with a second seal.

Well I am too early in the game to have access to 2 second seals at once, unless I use renown which is against my rules. Either way, if what you say is also true for a capped dancer, then I can cap all of olivias stats by just making her spam dance after reclassing, one second seals become buy-able which wont be for a while in my run. Guess I will wait and see.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Do you know how people get their units strong enough for Apotheosis?  Now why would IS decide "well we'll have regular classes work One Way with a Second Seal and Another Way with other classes"?  A little bit of logic and researching what people use Second Seals for would answer this question.  Or typing something like "awakening second seal level reset" into a search engine and looking through those results.

And before you decide that Second Seals are too precious to be used like that, they become buyable later on.  So there is literally nothing stopping you from experimenting with this.

I don't even own enough second seals to do the experiment in the first place. Either way, I will just wait and see until that is the case, though judging by the other answer my idea should work so that is great. Though, I would argue what one defines as a logical conclusion is based on ones previous personal build up of knowledge and therefore entirely subjective. Either way, I see your point and I think I have the answers I need so thanks.

2 hours ago, Ⱥstra said:

Do second seals lower specials classes levels (manakete, dancer and some dlc classes), when you reclass back to them or are they an exception?

Does anyone know? I do not own any second seals at the moment and am not far enough to buy any so unfortunately I cant test it myself.

All classes reset to level one when using a Second Seal. The Second Seal treats the class as a new start. Most stats will be kept though, unless you're going Promotion down, then the stats will probably hit the cap, depending on how trained the unit is. 

Also, unless it's a DLC class, Advanced Classes do not earn their skills at level 1 or level 10. They earn them at levels 5 & 15. Just a note!

49 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

All classes reset to level one when using a Second Seal. The Second Seal treats the class as a new start. Most stats will be kept though, unless you're going Promotion down, then the stats will probably hit the cap, depending on how trained the unit is. 

Also, unless it's a DLC class, Advanced Classes do not earn their skills at level 1 or level 10. They earn them at levels 5 & 15. Just a note!

Wow awakening is next level with how crazy high you can gets units stats. I can cap all of olivias by the start of the valm arc stats by spamming dance and second seals and then pass those stats to inigo and break the game, though im not sure to what extent she passes her stats.

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Oh and also, do you know what level an advanced class has to be to be able to second seal into an advanced class? I wanted to second seal my lvl 1 sorcerer robin into a grand tactician to pass ignis but he can only second seal into base classes which is problematic. Units get barely any xp on their second reclass right? Perhaps that doesnt matter for robin since veteran is  absurd.

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Ⱥstra said:

Oh and also, do you know what level an advanced class has to be to be able to second seal into an advanced class? I wanted to second seal my lvl 1 sorcerer robin into a grand tactician to pass ignis but he can only second seal into base classes which is problematic. Units get barely any xp on their second reclass right? Perhaps that doesnt matter for robin since veteran is  absurd.

Thanks!

At level 10, but try not to double post as much. 

Just now, ciphertul said:

Well, posting 2 times in a row on the same thread can get you in trouble. You can always use the edit option to add more to a post after you post it.

You mean like asking additional questions in the thread?

Just now, Ⱥstra said:

You mean like asking additional questions in the thread?

Yea, it's considered spamming. Asking questions are all fine, but try to let someone else post before you do again. If you want to ask more and no one has posted try private messaging those who reply here.

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

Yea, it's considered spamming. Asking questions are all fine, but try to let someone else post before you do again. If you want to ask more and no one has posted try private messaging those who reply here.

So is replying to answers in general considered double posting?

1 minute ago, Ⱥstra said:

So is replying to answers in general considered double posting?

No, I mean like as it's a back and forth between you and me it's fine but if like if me or you where to post twice in a row that is double posting.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

No, I mean like as it's a back and forth between you and me it's fine but if like if me or you where to post twice in a row that is double posting.

double posting in the same thread you mean? Not the topic fire emblem 3ds right.