new to this community, and to fire emblem!

colours

hiya everyone, colours here!! 

i've been lurking this forum for a while, but i haven't been a big FE player... well, until recently, when i decided to re-beat FE9. PoR has been my first FE game and i've decided to give it another go. there's something about the strategic risk-taking of PoR that seems fun to me (and also the grinding, because i love the rpg aspect like that), and i figured most FE games are pretty similar.

sooo fast forward to this day where i'm in the middle of playing FE7 (Eliwood story) and i'm going to be playing FE10 afterwards, and after that, i'm going to be going through FE8. i'm genuinely excited and can't wait to play through all of them.

does anyone have any recommendations for which FE games to play afterwards? maybe the DS or 3DS ones? i kinda want to leave 3H to the very end and at least try to get into as many prior FE games as i can. o:

btw, it's nice to meet everyone, and i hope to get to know you all here and make some friends. n.n 

Welcome to the forest colours! I hope you enjoy your stay here! As for recommendations, Awakening's a pretty fun experience in my opinion, but I'm no professional when it comes to FE.

Welcome to the forest! We hope that you'll have a great day and will enjoy your stay.

2 hours ago, colours said:

does anyone have any recommendations for which FE games to play afterwards? maybe the DS or 3DS ones? i kinda want to leave 3H to the very end and at least try to get into as many prior FE games as i can. o:

Depends on the sort of FEs that you like-For more story-forward ones, you might* really like Genealogy of the Holy War or Thracia 776 (both on SNES), in addition to Shadows of Valentia (3DS) and Radiant Dawn. Furthermore, I've heard some very good things about TearRing Saga in terms of story and character, and it's a lot less zany than Genealogy or Thracia. I can also give extremely high praise to Berwick Saga, but it's quite difficult from a gameplay perspective, so you might not enjoy it too much if you prefer a more relaxed gameplay experience.

There is a fair bit of debate in terms of which FEs are good in terms of gameplay, but for harder FE games, most people agree that Fates: Conquest cannot be topped, with other frequent mentions to Radiant Dawn and New Mystery of the Emblem (DS).

There's more debate on the others, which are generally WAY easier, but if you enjoy the simplicity of the GBA games, then it's probably worth giving either Binding Blade or Project Ember a spin. Binding is kinda rough to play blind, and is a tad different gameplay-wise from Blazing Blade or Sacred Stones; that said, depending on your preferences, you may really enjoy it. Some people really love Genealogy of the Holy War, but it's an extremely unique game, meaning that some people will really despise it for the weird things it does; while it's not quite as off-the-wall, Thracia is very unique as well, and as such also has a lot of mixed opinions. Lastly, I will again plug Berwick Saga, which is, amongst the few who have played it, also generally considered to be amongst the upper echelons of FE gameplay. It's also a very weird game, so as with Thracia and Genealogy, some people will not click with it.

While I didn't mention Awakening, Fates: Birthright/Revelation, Old Mystery of the Emblem or Shadow Dragon, I can still mostly advocate for them to be played-Just make sure to steer clear from Revelation if you're mixed on Fates' gameplay as a whole.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy at least the majority of the FE games you play!

Welcome to the Forest, Colours!

15 hours ago, colours said:

You're free to go for wichever one catch your eye but I'd recommend the 3DS era (Awakening, Fates and SoV) next to finishing Sacred Stones.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the community, I think it makes sense for you to play FE6 after you beat the ones in your list, since its the sequel of FE7 (or rather, FE7 is the prequel of FE6) or maybe you might want ot play FE7 Hector mode after Eliwood mode, you can get some unique dialogues, maps and characters that are not possible in Eliwood mode.

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 5:01 AM, colours said:

hiya everyone, colours here!! 

i've been lurking this forum for a while, but i haven't been a big FE player... well, until recently, when i decided to re-beat FE9. PoR has been my first FE game and i've decided to give it another go. there's something about the strategic risk-taking of PoR that seems fun to me (and also the grinding, because i love the rpg aspect like that), and i figured most FE games are pretty similar.

sooo fast forward to this day where i'm in the middle of playing FE7 (Eliwood story) and i'm going to be playing FE10 afterwards, and after that, i'm going to be going through FE8. i'm genuinely excited and can't wait to play through all of them.

does anyone have any applinked recommendations for which FE games to play afterwards? maybe the DS or 3DS ones? i kinda want to leave 3H to the very end and at least try to get into as many prior FE games as i can. o:

btw, it's nice to meet everyone, and i hope to get to know you all here and make some friends. n.n 

Hello.

Edited by kensilein
Spelling mistake