Conquest is just screwing with me at this point

Ghostly Sennias

I've found my 3ds from my closet and decided to play conquest again since i had such good memories of it and of course i went classic mode cause i love the thrill of if a unit dies they're gone for good it really gets me feeling like i'm sneaking you're older brothers GBA and playing blazing blade but that's unimportant it has just been screwing me over again and again i lose azura i restart i lose elise i try again MY LEO DIES IN A SINGLE CRIT FROM TAKUMI i restart i just keep losing the op units or the ones i really like it just never let's me keep those units xander, nyx, camilla, peri, nyles (i really like Nina so i can't let her father die can i), Even jakob (what i'm a fan of him he looks nice), And even keaton (what velouria is op as hell and i wanted her to be kana's big sister to rely upon if needed) so can somebody tell me some easier ways to duel around the maps since it's kinda been a while since i played a fire emblem game (about 2 years)

Check enemy ranges, check how hard they hit, how likely they are to hit, crit chance, etc.  When hit percentages go below 50%, they revert to 1RN, so take those lower percentages a bit more seriously!  Use paper and pencil to determine how much damage you'll take, if necessary.  And if all else fails, pairing up will force a guard at certain intervals.  Oh, and if you're on Hard or Lunatic, don't be afraid to bump the difficulty down/swap from Classic to Casual!  The point of a game is to have fun, and if you need a refresher on an easier mode, go for it!

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Check enemy ranges, check how hard they hit, how likely they are to hit, crit chance, etc.  When hit percentages go below 50%, they revert to 1RN, so take those lower percentages a bit more seriously!  Use paper and pencil to determine how much damage you'll take, if necessary.  And if all else fails, pairing up will force a guard at certain intervals.  Oh, and if you're on Hard or Lunatic, don't be afraid to bump the difficulty down/swap from Classic to Casual!  The point of a game is to have fun, and if you need a refresher on an easier mode, go for it!

Hold on i'm checking my difficulty right now yup i choose lunatic mode that's why the enemy just fucks me over and i genuinely don't want to swap to casual i always do classic as i said before it reminds me of the blazing blade days and it's fun to imagine i'm younger again and the most i have to worry about is the game and nothing else really and now i'm gonna stop talking like that before i send myself into a spiral that won't be very easy to get out of also any tips for three houses im planning to buy it along with a switch oled for myself on christmas and treat myself to it

2 minutes ago, Ghostly Sennias said:

Hold on i'm checking my difficulty right now yup i choose lunatic mode that's why the enemy just fucks me over and i genuinely don't want to swap to casual i always do classic as i said before it reminds me of the blazing blade days and it's fun to imagine i'm younger again and the most i have to worry about is the game and nothing else really and now i'm gonna stop talking like that before i send myself into a spiral that won't be very easy to get out of also any tips for three houses im planning to buy it along with a switch oled for myself on christmas and treat myself to it

First, make sure you're having fun.  Which may mean dialing the difficulty back, but y'know what?  It's a single-player game, not a decision that will shape the world.  It may mean telling your pride to stuff it, but that's okay, your goal is to figure out what you're comfortable with, then walking back to where you were.  If you don't have a baseline, then you're not going to know where/how to improve!

Second, if you think Normal's too easy, randomize what units you use!  It means getting creative with who you have to work with.  Tonics are really helpful for such runs!