Question regarding resources in Fire Emblem Revelations

Pokejedservo

Hey folks I just recently started my 2nd run of Fire Emblem Revelations on a Fire Emblem Birthright cart. During my 1st playthrough my resources were...

Cabbage, Peach, Ruby & Jade.

But now in my 2nd playthrough I still have the same resources. I know I can get other resources when I visit other castles of course, but how do I get other resources in my castle? (Especially since I have seen other castles that have all sorts of resources available.) Let me guess are those 4 resources the only ones available on a Birthright Cart (or only available on a Birthright cart in a Revelation run)? I just thought I ask...

10 minutes ago, Pokejedservo said:

Well I did start from Branch of Fate in my 2nd run but not in my first though. Does that make any difference?

Yes, because starting from branch of fate keeps everything the same as it was when last you played through the portion before chapter 5. Again, if you want different resources, you'll want to start a new game from the beginning.

Getting through the first portion of the game before the Branch of Fate should only take about 20 to 30 minutes if you "speedrun" it. Also, you can get different (and potentially better) level ups next to the randomized resources, so it's not all bad.

That is true getting through the prologue stages is not that big a deal so it wasn't too much of a drag restarting my 2nd run. (Besides this time I was able to get my F!Corrin into a Master Ninja so I can get Locktouch real early).

But one question I have is what is with the castles that have multiple Ore/Food sources in one place? Is there any way you can get those legitimately? (Even if it may require multiple runthroughs.) Or was some hacking involved? (Keep in mind I am referring to the castles that have nearly if not absolutely full Battle & Visit points.)

Was actually lurking on the forums because I just happen to be doing research on how to save edit the game to unlock all buildings. So allow me to pitch in with what I found.

When starting the game with a fresh save, you're given a starting seed that determines what resources you unlock when you're first plopped down in My Castle after completing Chapter 6. This seed gives different results depending on what Branch of Fate you pick but it usually follows a pattern. One food and one gem stone of Hoshido/Nohr if you start Birthright/Conquest and one set of each nation if you start in Revelation. Think of it as Fruit in Animal Crossing, it was made to promote online interaction and people visiting each other's castles through the internet and streetpass.

From the anecdotal evidence I've gathered, you rarely get the same resources using the same save on different routes. You might get the best combination of Crystal + Meat in Conquest but then in Birthright you'll be given something less useful like Coral + Rice and in Revelation a combination of Onyx + Pearl + Wheat + Fish. It is entirely random and will require you multiple restarts if you want to have a choice in what combination you will play the game with. This is specially important now because online functionality on the 3DS is sun-setting, so eventually you might not be able to visit people's castles to get their resources.

Now to answer the question as to how people online have all the resources in their castle. How? By cheating of course.

Normally you could use cheat engines like Fort42, Spiderhax or Sharkive to make changes on the game's ram to tweak the resources in My Castle, but those avenues were either patched out, or ceased to be maintained by their creators. And of course five year ago when the developers for cheating apps were developing their save editors, most focus went to cheating character stats and convoy items, since Fates save structure was similar to Awakening, so nobody bothered to do the research on how to save edit My Castle. If you go ask around in GBAtempt the best you will get is a shrug on how to do it yourself.

Most things people care about can be edited with [Fates Save Editor] easily, but nowadays if you want to mess with My Castle you'll have to go deep into your save using Hex Editing. So far I've figured how to set up specific combinations of resources or how to unlock them all at the same time but a sad reality is that even if you could unlock all resources, unless you're playing in Revelation you'll have trouble upgrading those resource nodes without more cheating if they are of a nation opposite to the path you're on.

TL;DR - People that have their castles maxed out used save editors and ram manipulation using their hacked 3DS. A few of those hacking methods are no longer available, and unless you hack your 3DS, it is impossible gain extra resource nodes in My Castle.