Legendary Hero (Fae: Childlike Dragon)

Ghostface233

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it coming since August... I'm mad at myself for not saying(showing a proof at least) Anyway! Tiki is Legendary is obviously Fae would too and there Myrrh for it as well.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

... Fae is a legendary hero.

FAE IS A LEGENDARY HERO????

Uh. Sure???

You do need her alive for the best ending of BB, and she is a forced deploy on the final map.

...But Xander and Caeda are likely crying their eyes out as deuteragonists. -Not as though they lack for alts in general however?

At worst, it's a plain desire to add more Breaths. The canon pool is only so big.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Huh, this exists now and I don't feel particularly strongly about this either way aside from being slightly miffed that the guy who butchered Resplendent Lucina got more work in this game.

What I will say is that by what I'm sure is just a coincidence Fae shares her English VA (Sarah Blandy) with the current Resplendent (Kagero) and shares her Japanese VA (Ari Ozawa) with the next Resplendent (Serra).

Ehhhh...at least now I'm looking foward to Legendary Myrrh, so there's that. 

Anyways, this banner feels pretty skippable (which is good for me because I ended up wasting 200 orbs on the Halloween banner for a -Atk Rhea like a fool). 

The star of the banner is eh. Stalling isn't a popular playstyle because this game is mostly about nuking your foes before they nuke you. There's a reason the "Armor in a corner" style in AR only worked for a very short while (although I've seen an uptick of it with people putting F!Edelgard in the corner, although that tends to be a free map). Unending Life is Miracle + S Drink, which isn't something very enticing in the age of Holy Knight Aura, Shining Emblem and some other ridiculous Prf specials. Dazzling Breath is nice, stats for existing, denying opponent's follow-ups and Guard makes for an excellent weapon for Enemy Phase shenanigans and it combos well with Dragon's Ire to avoid falling into Speed checks outside of NFU units. 

As for colors: Blue>Green>=Colorless>>Red. Red sucks because L!Roy, otherwise it'd be the same as Green and Colorless. 

It's weird that she's coming before Xander, Caeda, Elincia, m!Corrin, m!Robin, and f!Byleth, but whatever. Also, her A-skill is just the ranged res version of what the Gatekeeper has. Which is nice, but I feel like I'd rather stick with close ward instead.

When you misread it as "chickenlike dragon"

Okay, when she said "What is it?" I couldn't help but laugh. Still, kind of surprised to see her here. Guess anyone can be a legendary hero now. Anyway, I'm not emotionally invested into her, so I'll skip this one. That said, those are some interesting skills. Looking forward to seeing what else comes out.

Edited by Mercakete

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's weird that she's coming before Xander, Caeda, Elincia, m!Corrin, m!Robin, and f!Byleth, but whatever. Also, her A-skill is just the ranged res version of what the Gatekeeper has. Which is nice, but I feel like I'd rather stick with close ward instead.

Assuming they're even going to do the opposite gender Avatars at all, of which there seems to be little evidence for at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Assuming they're even going to do the opposite gender Avatars at all, of which there seems to be little evidence for at the moment.

On the one hand, they used Legendary Corrin's full title (Child of Dusk) in the description of her Abyssal accessory (Gold Chilly Tiara) and that is still the only time they've done that.

But on the other hand, they did not use Legendary Byleth's (who was released after Legendary Corrin) full title in the description of his Abyssal accessory (Gold Floral Headband). 

That Prf special basically turns Fae into a wannabe JRPG boss (since she effectively has at least 2 health bars).

However, counters do exist for that special:
Fatal Smoke (it wouldn't stop the Miracle effect but it will stop the full HP recovery)
Pulse Smoke
Witchy Wand/Melancholy
Even Pulse Tie (if user can beat Fae in the HP check; a +0+0 neutral Fae with no Mythic buffs has 40 HP).

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

It would be extremely weird if they didn't do one for m!Corrin at all, since f!Corrin was very blatantly Nohr route. If f!Corrin was based on Valla instead, I could see them only doing one. But when legendary f!Corrin went Nohr, it's only fair to have legendary m!Corrin showcase Hoshido.

Male Robin not getting one would be lame, because the legendary Robin we have right now isn't even Robin. It's Grima.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Male Robin not getting one would be lame, because the legendary Robin we have right now isn't even Robin. It's Grima.

We also haven't gotten an actual Robin in general since 2017 (FEH's literal launch year). It's all been Grima in their skin since then even though Robin and Grima have separate spots on the CYL ballot (and Robin is always the one who places higher).

And to think I just finished a playthrough of Binding Blade yesterday. Between this and L!Lilina maybe IS is trying to give us a hint?

As for Fae herself, I'm tentatively positive about including her as a character, even if there are some others that should have gotten it first, but I feel extremely let down about her as a unit. L!Tiki just got her remix and here comes another Earth-season blue dragon except Fae's infantry instead of armor. If Fae at least used her chicken wings to fly I could let it slide on fun factor, but as is she feels very unimpressive. Also, I suppose they aren't creating a new Legendary effect or filling in those two inexplicably empty holes in the stat-boost grid, just adding more Pair-Ups.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

We also haven't gotten an actual Robin in general since 2017 (FEH's literal launch year). It's all been Grima in their skin since then even though Robin and Grima have separate spots on the CYL ballot (and Robin is always the one who places higher).

Blame IS's dragon boner

I have so many criticisms of this trailer and none of them are Fae.

Why is it Nifl instead of Dimitri.

Why is it named Distant Stance.

Who decided Distant Stance was a good name for that skill.

What the fuck was the localization team thinking when they named it Distant Stance.

Fuck the localization team.

This caught me off guard but in a good sense I suppose. I’d have still preferred it to be Xander or Elincia as the legendary, but I don’t mind getting more options to pick.

I feel her A skill is more the “star of the banner” than Fae herself lol.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why is it Nifl instead of Dimitri.

There's no Edelgard to be found on this banner. As such, boar Dimitri couldn't be bothered to show up on this one and is instead out murdering Adrestian redshirts.

38 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

On the one hand, they used Legendary Corrin's full title (Child of Dusk) in the description of her Abyssal accessory (Gold Chilly Tiara) and that is still the only time they've done that.

Even that is wishy washy as best beacuse Japanese description of the acessory just said "Legendary Corrin". No "child of dusk" stuffs.

8 minutes ago, AshenLorx said:

Even that is wishy washy at best because Japanese description of the accessory just said "Legendary Corrin". No "child of dusk" stuffs.

Huh. Well in that case, that just makes the fact that the English translation had the full title even stranger.