Legendary Hero (Fae: Childlike Dragon)

Ghostface233

Anyways, my utter hatred for the naming scheme of the compound Counter skills and my annoyance at the lack of a third blue unit on the banner that I can actually make use of aside, I'm liking what I'm seeing. (But can I really say that?)

Fae's art is adorable. Her introductory voice line in Japanese is adorable. I was half expecting her to ask if she could eat it afterwards. The cape may be a bit overboard, but she looks really fluffy.

I wasn't expecting her to be infantry, but she has pretty much all of the good defensive effects between her weapon and Dragon's Ire, so she isn't really losing much by not being armored.

Her Special looks great. It's a Miracle that fully charges itself immediately and fully heals her after combat every time it activates. Combined with the fact that she prevents follow-ups, it should make it pretty hard to take her out safely. Even Fatal Smoke is not all that reliable since she's blue, and two of the three units that come with Fatal Smoke are red.

Her passive skills are also great fodder. She's the first source of Dragon's Ire outside of the seasonal pool. Def/Res Menace is a decent skill that is currently only obtainable from Zeke. Distant Stance is probably going to be the most generally useful compound Counter skill.

By the looks of it, we should probably be expecting the remaining Atk and Spd compound Counter skills to all be Push versions and the remaining Def and Res compound Counter skills all be Stance versions instead of my initial guess that Push and Stance would be split by range.

I guess I might actually try to +10 her, though I'm not looking forward to having to deal with the giant pile of Nifls I'll inevitably get. Her value as fodder is pretty bad, as she really only has AR-D Atk/Spd and Lull Atk/Spd, neither of which are particularly high-priority skills (granted, I'm sure it would be funny to be able to give my entire Aether Raids defense team AR-D Atk/Spd 4).

If the game decides to be a jerk like it has been for the past half a year or so, I'll cut it off early. I'm not dealing with that kind of shit again.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay but why does Distant Stance not have the post-combat damage that Distant Pressure has?

It's only been like two months and Brave Marth's new A passive is already useless.

...what Fae? Neat all things considered, powerful kit and interesting upgrade to Miracle, and I like the touch quote they used in the english trailer ("Legendary Hero! That sounds like a big deal! What is it?"). I will try to summon for her a bit, but all things considered I'm not gonna cry if I don't get her.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Okay but why does Distant Stance not have the post-combat damage that Distant Pressure has?

It's only been like two months and Brave Marth's new A passive is already useless.

Distant Pressure's Spd boost works on both phases. And it's also a Spd boost (an offensive stat) instead of a Res boost, which plenty of units will prefer.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Distant Pressure's Spd boost works on both phases. And it's also a Spd boost (an offensive stat) instead of a Res boost, which plenty of units will prefer.

Fair... but I'd still take Distant Stance over Pressure.

And more translation notes.

Fae's epithet, "Childlike Dragon", is "無垢なる神竜" (muku-naru shinryū), "Innocent Divine Dragon".

Dazzling Breath is "光輝のブレス" (kōki no breath), "Breath of Splendor".

Life Unending is "永遠を生きるもの" (eien o ikiru mono), "The One Who Lives to Eternity".

Distant Stance is "遠反・明鏡の構え" (en-han: meikyō no kamae), "Distant Counter: Clear Mirror Stance" or "Distant Counter: Warding Stance" using localized terms.

EDIT: And one more translation note.

Her line in her introduction,

"Legendary Hero? That sounds like a big deal! ...What is it?"

is

"でんしょうのえいゆう?「でんしょう」ってなに?"
Denshō no eiyū? "Denshō" tte nani?
"Legendary Hero? What's "legendary" [mean]?"

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It looks like the Atk and Spd skills will probably all be based on Push, whereas the Def and Res skills will all be based on Stance.

You can also see that Distant Stance and Close Reversal have the same star icon in their skill icons that the Stance skills have, whereas Distant Pressure has the flexing person icon that the Push skills have.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It looks like the Atk and Spd skills will probably all be based on Push, whereas the Def and Res skills will all be based on Stance.

You can also see that Distant Stance and Close Reversal have the same star icon in their skill icons that the Stance skills have, whereas Distant Pressure has the flexing person icon that the Push skills have.

Them calling it Distant Stance was weirding me out too. I get that in the English they don't want it to be too verbose, but what are they going to call the Steady Stance Distant Counter? I've seen people suspect that the Atk Push variant will be called Distant Force.

4 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Them calling it Distant Stance was weirding me out too. I get that in the English they don't want it to be too verbose, but what are they going to call the Steady Stance Distant Counter? I've seen people suspect that the Atk Push variant will be called Distant Force.

The Steady Stance Distant Counter will be Distant Reversal. Right now, we have

• Atk Push: ???
  • Spd Push: Pressure
  • Def Stance: Reversal
  • Res Stance: Stance

Oh, wow, I didn't expect Fae. But I like it! A nice addition that doesn't feel too strange, given the lore surrounding her and dragons in Elibe, despite her most major story contribution being

keeping her alive for the best ending.[/spoiler]

I suppose this means Ninian and Myrrh are coming at some point. Maybe.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Steady Stance Distant Counter will be Distant Reversal. Right now, we have

• Atk Push: ???
  • Spd Push: Pressure
  • Def Stance: Reversal
  • Res Stance: Stance

I will predict that the Atk variant will be Distant Force, if and only because it makes sense in my head (one is exerting Force to increase damage, and becoming exhausted after)
I also predict Distant Force is gonna be SUPER expensive somehow. I mean, Distant Counter that also gives an Atk boost? What unit wouldn't want that?

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

But when legendary f!Corrin went Nohr, it's only fair to have legendary m!Corrin showcase Hoshido.

Hoshido got Ryoma, so I can see them skipping on this. If they give us Legendary Xander, though, then that strengthens your case.

Male Robin not getting one would be lame, because the legendary Robin we have right now isn't even Robin. It's Grima.

Actually, it's Robin possessed by Grima, and thus it's Robin. If Grima was on his own body, sure, but he's not. And it's not like Robin isn't unconscious somewhere inside his/her body while possessed, so it's not like the soul is missing. As such, it's more Robin than Grima, even though Grima is summoned to do the fighting for Robin.

Sure, why not.

That special looks annoying to face, but on Light season I have Dedue and on Astra I have Naga and staff units so whatever.

As for Robin, whatever we call things, the fact that we haven't gotten a non-possessed Robin since 2017 is certainly odd, and we now have as many possessed ones as non-possessed ones. Legendary Grandmaster Robin M and some sort of duo Robin F would make a lot of sense, and we definitely should get Legendary Hoshido Corrin M sometime.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I also predict Distant Force is gonna be SUPER expensive somehow. I mean, Distant Counter that also gives an Atk boost? What unit wouldn't want that?

I'm not sure it will be too high in demand due to the recoil damage. Most units that prefer Atk over Spd when running a Distant Counter build are relying on Quick Riposte for their follow-up, and the recoil will very quickly turn that off. Running Mystic Boost to compensate pretty much negates any advantage you would have gotten from the extra Atk because it prevents you from running Fierce Stance, Atk/* Solo, or Atk/* Bond in the Sacred Seal slot.

Units running Distant Pressure don't have this issue, as while it does run their HP down much faster, their ability to perform a follow-up isn't tied to HP.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure it will be too high in demand due to the recoil damage. Most units that prefer Atk over Spd when running a Distant Counter build are relying on Quick Riposte for their follow-up, and the recoil will very quickly turn that off. Running Mystic Boost to compensate pretty much negates any advantage you would have gotten from the extra Atk because it prevents you from running Fierce Stance, Atk/* Solo, or Atk/* Bond in the Sacred Seal slot.

Units running Distant Pressure don't have this issue, as while it does run their HP down much faster, their ability to perform a follow-up isn't tied to HP.

I think its demand would be based primarily on the viability of Counter-Vantage, since that is the only set up where you want high Atk, low HP, and it works on both phases.

This better mean L!Elise has a chance

Anyway, despite this looking to be a skip, I actually want a lot of stuff on here. Mirabilis merges, Roy (STILL DON'T HAVE HIM), Charlotte for my Raven, Fae, Ullr merges, everyone in Colorless...

Honestly Nifl killed my desire to pull here. Why they keep skipping Feral Dimitri is beyond me but since he's not here, I won't be going too deep on this Banner. Maybe 50 Orbs sniping Green and Blue since I'd really like 2/3 of the Blues and any of the Greens. Next month's Banner has way more goodies so I don't want to waste too many Orbs here.

Legendary Chicken's stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

3a1g4a1vhbw71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Super Asset(s): Def
Super Flaw(s): Atk, Spd, Res

And here's how she compares to Seiros:
0/0/+10/0/+1/+11

Yup, what a complete waste of that trainee BST. I just had to include this comparison because how equally sad and funny it is.

Edited by Tybrosion

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Legendary Chicken's stats [SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

3a1g4a1vhbw71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Super Asset(s): Def
Super Flaw(s): Atk, Spd, Res

And here's how she compares to Seiros:
0/0/+10/0/+1/+11

Yup, what a complete waste of that trainee BST. I just had to include this comparison because how equally sad and funny it is.

I was confused until I realized you meant +1 Res, not +11.

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Fae doubles Fallen Edelgard (even if you switch out Dragon's Ire for Dragon Wall + Quick Riposte), whereas Seiros does not.

Edited by Ice Dragon

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fae doubles Fallen Edelgard (even if you switch out Dragon's Ire for Dragon Wall + Quick Riposte), whereas Seiros does not.

Sure, but they didn't need give Fae that many more points in Spd over Seiros in order for Fae to double a unit with just 14 Spd at base.

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sure, but they didn't need give Fae that many more points in Spd over Seiros in order for Fae to double a unit with just 14 Spd at base.

+10+10 Fallen Edelgard [+Atk +Spd] with no passive skills that boost Spd hits 24 Spd, which is actually a sizable hurdle for a lot of slow, bulky units.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+10+10 Fallen Edelgard [+Atk +Spd] with no passive skills that boost Spd hits 24 Spd, which is actually a sizable hurdle for a lot of slow, bulky units.

Does anyone seriously give her +Spd?

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

I’d hope not, because those Florets are way too limited in quantity to waste on a meme like +Spd Fallen Edelgard.

Like, is that really what you’d want to do with one of your two (at most at this point in time) Florets?

3 hours ago, Othin said:

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I’d hope not, because those Florets are way too limited in quantity to waste on a meme like +Spd Fallen Edelgard.

Like, is that really what you’d want to do with one of your two (at most at this point in time) Florets?

I don't know if anyone does, but I can definitely say it's something I've put serious consideration into.

The only thing that's actually holding me back from it is the fact that both versions of Idunn are fast enough to still double her through it.

I doubt anybody at all saw Fae coming. After Lilina, I figured anybody with a significant role could easily end up being what they start using once all the lords were out of the way.

"A new hero, a mythic I need a few copies of, and a very handy dragon I'd like more of, can't go wrong with Blue!", I thought. Boy, was I ever wrong...

PyN38mN.png

Has anybody ever seen a legendary banner with a rate hat high before? As somebody that has whaled enough to even get a +10 mythic the literal day it debuted before, I sure as heck haven't! This banner must be cursed!

7 hours ago, Othin said:

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I use F!Edelgard as my core unit in Aether Raids Light season and I have a team that is based around Spd stacking her as much as possible and using her with L!Byleth to double troublesome enemies, usually L!Sigurd. I've already used it twice this week for said L!Sigurd, but Duo Lif is another common threat who can be beefy enough to warrant it. I've had a spare +Spd F!Edelgard lying around from L!Micaiah's banner in case I wanted to switch over without using Trait Fruit, but now I am strongly considering giving her +Spd from a Floret (she's currently +Atk).

I also made this post when they were announced:

On 10/16/2021 at 8:56 PM, Florete said:

I have no responsibility or association with ascended florets. The name similarity is a coincidence. Time for +Atk/+Spd F!Edelgard.

Indicated by the strikethrough, I was half-joking...but also half-serious.

I pulled Ascended Fjorm so I have an extra and I have no one else I use commonly enough who needs another stat boon.

Some images for fun:

Spoiler

IMG_1483.thumb.PNG.79affe32477a7521f99dd19203126e6e.PNG

IMG_1475.thumb.PNG.171be1d46fb15a82ef30e83c7d1ea3f5.PNG

Edited by Florete

As expected, my shit luck on Legendary/Mythic banners is in full swing.

My first batch of orbs so far looks like this:

• 0 Fae
  • 1 Ulir
  • 4 Nifl
  • 0 Mila
  • 1 Duma
  • 1 Alm

Sniping blue and pulling colorless if there is no blue. Fae is obviously the unit I'm pulling most for, then Ulir (for Life and Death 4 and Deadeye), then Mila (for the last copy I need for a +10 merge), and naturally, I get the exact fucking opposite spread of results.

I'm going to clean up my barracks before trying some more, as I have fewer than 10 open slots again. Maybe also get that exorcism that I keep saying I'll perform on my phone.