what anime/manga do you want to get the dragon ball fighterz treatment?

nonsmarts

what anime/manga do you think should get a 2d (or maybe an arena fighter on par with kill la kill if) fighting game by arc system works?  I think jujutsu kaisen would be great for something like this and chainsaw man would also be pretty cool

I also think the two mentioned above as well as kekkai sensen, hellsing, and code geass would make great third person action games

Edited by nonsmarts
major typo towards end of post

hoo boy, what an interesting question

well, my first idea is a Shonan Junai Gumi fighting game, as SJG surely wouldn't be lacking in its potential roster, even though it definitely lacks in spectacular fights and characters with supernatural abilities, so it wouldn't really be ideal for a DB Fighterz-like fighting game

Shaman King would be a better candidate for that, what with all of its different characters and spirits: imho it would be a neat manga to base a fighting game on, but honestly Shaman King isn't very popular, despite the recent anime adaptation

other series of which i'd like to see an official FG are Fullmetal Alchemist (give me playable Izumi), Medaka Box (give me playable Najimi and Mukae), and maybe Tokyo Ghoul

Well the first one on my list would be my number 1 favorite Saiyuki it would have a pretty big roster and it could adapt to a fighting game very well

Trinity Blood could be interesting and the art would be lovely.

Trigun would be fun and I would love playable Wolfwood.

Bungo Stray Dogs would be really good and if they gave me playable Yukichi Fukuzawa I would be one happy fan girl.

One other I would like to see for the artwork would be Black Butler.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I do not care about anime fighting games. But Fullmetal Alchemist, because there is a criminal lack of games for the best anime of all time.

I know there were some action adventure games on the PS2 and Wii. Though the Wii one is Japanese exclusive I think.

Though aside from Dragonball and the occasional Warriors game I think the era of anime video games are kinda past. Just look at My Hero. About the hottest anime out there and all its got are two boring arena fighters game. Demon Slayer is also hot stuff and it only now got a single game. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

At this point, I'll take any kind of Shield Hero game. Or at least some better crossovers/cameos, because being in an anime gacha game (Grand Summoner) and being able to control Raphtalia in a simple Pixel Game Maker rendition of Isekai Quartet are not doing it any favors. I hope it picks up after season 2 of the anime airs in April (why do things I look forward to always get delayed twice...!?)

An RPG would be ideal though, since the world already acts like one. MMO would be stellar, at least to me (though if DB Online was any indication......).

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

10 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I want a genre that's less restrictive. Rpg's, open world's, spectacle fighters or whatnot. 

as I said I do think some games would work as third person action games and rpgs would also work quite well for some of these (I haven't finished code geass yet but a code geass srpg would be great)

5 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Trigun would be fun and I would love playable Wolfwood.

haven't seen trigun yet but I like the spiky hair guy and I like cowboy bebop so this definitely sounds interesting 

5 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Bungo Stray Dogs would be really good and if they gave me playable Yukichi Fukuzawa I would be one happy fan girl.

also haven't seen bungo yet but from what I've heard about it, it sounds like it'd make a good arcsys game

1 hour ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

At this point, I'll take any kind of Shield Hero game.

haven't seen shield hero but sounds interesting

1 hour ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Or at least some better crossovers/cameos, because being in an anime gacha game (Grand Summoner) and being able to control Raphtalia in a simple Pixel Game Maker rendition of Isekai Quartet are not doing it any favors.

try being a hyouka fan lmao

or your lie in april

or fruits basket

save for fruits basket those will probably never receive any more stuff in any capacity