Special Heroes (Ninja Training)

Ghostface233

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this was supremely disappointing. Igrene is nice but I'm as neutral as one could be on Shamir, I don't like Shinon at all and Male Corrin got completely overshadowed by Female Corrin + Elise. Who are Duo heroes, by the way, not Harmonics. Meaning IS has now switched up the order of release for Duos and Harmonics. I guess the Winter/Christmas banner will have the next Harmonic unit?

Well, this is odd.

Turns out the Harmonic is... no one, it's another duo. Specifically, one with the same duo skill as last year. And the weapons resemble last year's, particularly Igrene's, and it's the first seasonal banner in a while where all the non-duo weapons are inheritable. Guess they really wanted to continue that success.

Speaking of Igrene, her outfit looks terrible. Corrin F's skills are very boring, but Corrin M brings Special Spiral to the 4* seasonal pool. And finally, they're getting new non-dragon versions!

Interesting that we got a Duo unit here instead of a Harmonic. Corrin and Elise still looks cute together here though. Looks like @Landmaster finally got their fourth Elise even though she is just Corrin's sidekick here.

All the other units look nice here too. I think I might pull for everyone here (even though I just want the dudes to fodder their weapons off to other units). I know I really want to get that Ninja Yumi for New Years Anna especially since her high speed works well with it.

Edited by NSSKG151

I think I understand why we're getting a second straight Duo Hero. If they kept alternating between Duo and Harmonic (and assuming January has a random Special Heroes banner again), then the Valentine's banner would've had a Harmonic and that banner theme has consistently focused on one continent per year (Elibe, Tellius, Valentia, Zenith). Also, New Year's would've had a Harmonic too which wouldn't allow IS to give us another FEH Duo there (like a cancerous Nott + Dagr one).

Oh and fuck, I really want that F!Corrin & Elise duo (and Shinon, but he's slightly lower priority).

Just now, Tybrosion said:

I think I understand why we're getting a second straight Duo Hero. If they kept alternating between Duo and Harmonic (and assuming January has a random Special Heroes banner again), then the Valentine's banner would've had a Harmonic and that banner theme has consistently focused on one continent per year (Elibe, Tellius, Valentia, Zenith). Also, New Year's would've had a Harmonic too which wouldn't allow IS to give us another FEH Duo there (like a cancerous Nott + Dagr one).

I was thinking the same thing too. The Kids banner is another that would have been Harmonic if they didn't break the cycle at some point.

Why does Shamir have to be an Axe unit? I have so many axe units built up already. I didn't +10 Hana from last year, but she's literally going to be an upgrade to her.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh and fuck, I really want that F!Corrin & Elise duo (and Shinon, but he's slightly lower priority).

Grant all your units Pathfinder?

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Then why didn't they just break the pattern at one of those times? Now we have two ninja duos and zero ninja harmonics.

Two Duo Heroes in a row, huh? Duos are better than Harmonics overall so that doesn't bother me one bit. Character choices are meh for me, but I'll still try to get Ninja F!Corrin because you can never have too many Lynja-type units with that sweet Galeforce on the Duo skill.

As for first impressions: 

• Igrene seems like a worse Ninja Lyn but with stronger mobility. 40/43/38/22/30 is a good stat spread, so she'll be a great offensive unit. Still, Lynja's Duo skill puts her on top because it's very hard to beat a (mostly) free extra action, not to mention Lyn was free for a while thaks to AHR. Still, Igrene is really strong so she'll perform well for those that get her. 
  • Red bows are really rare, so Ninja Shinon is a welcome addition to that anemic weapon type. Still, he seems more like a fodder unit because Ninja Yumi+ is too good to pass up. I wouldn't mind getting this guy on the way to get F!Corrin and give his bow to Norne. 
  • Ninja M!Corrin offers an alternative to Ninja Navarre's weapon, it loses Spd in exchange of some true dmg. How worth the true dmg is will depend on the unit, but a Brave weapon that doesn't reduce Spd already makes it worthwhile. The crazy part is that he's a semi easy way to get Special Spiral, which is still a pretty great skill. I might try to get 1 copy just in case Ophelia gets a crazy refine that will synergize well with SS. 41/40/38/35/28 is a nice stat spread, comparable to Summer Norne. 
  • And finally the star of the banner. Ninja F!Corrin is a great unit. Being a green cav with a brave Prf already sets her apart, then you add the extra action from her Duo skill (which is the same as Lynja's) and you have an amazing unit that will last for a long while. Stats are great too: 38/41/40/23/20 is nothing to scoff at. It's almost guaranteed she'll have Atk and Spd superassets. The only downside is that Ninja F!Corrin will fold to any counter if she doesn't get rid of her opponent in two hits (meaning she's a good Windsweep user because quadding is iffy without access to Dive Bomb). Using 2 Lynjas has helped me trivialize a ton of stuff, and now there's a green one that targets Res and has even more Mov. ME WANNA.

Oh yeah, Shamir is the TT+ unit. Seems like she'll be an Axe infantry. I already maxed Hana from last year so I have 0 reason to invest into Shamir.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

This is probably exactly the reason. And I would not be surprised in the least if the New Year's Duo (if it is a Duo) ends up being Nott + Dagr. I don't like it, but it's very likely.

I hope the Winter/Christmas Harmonic includes Blazing Blade, at least. And I still hold out hope that Brom will get that Santa alt.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Then why didn't they just break the pattern at one of those times? Now we have two ninja duos and zero ninja harmonics.

I think they wanted to bring back Ninja Lyn's ability here.

Kinda disappointed we are kinda just getting a 2020's Ninja Banner Part 2.

Also, this banner doesnt day we cant refine these weapons, like last year's trailer. It doesn't confirm we can refine them though. We will know once we get the TT info with Shamir's Ninja Axe there.

I'm gonna fish for as many copies of Shinon as I can, because there's several units that want that bow, starting with Leon!  And a copy of lance Corrin because why the hell not.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

Grant all your units Pathfinder?

Yeah, some like that. Pathfinder will definitely be involved if we do get a Dagr + Nott duo.

11 minutes ago, Florete said:

I don't know, maybe they don't care if the Duo / Harmonic ratio isn't equal for every seasonal theme. IS's decision making as of late is as equally baffling to me as well.

Maybe they don't want to break the OC Duos on New Year, since NY would be Harmonized.

My guess is the same as Tybrosion: Dagr & Nótt. I wouldn't expect Pathfinder as a Duo skill, but they will have that in the weapon for sure. Maybe the Duo is a combinations of their B skills: Dodge and NFU.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My guess is the same as Tybrosion: Dagr & Nótt. I wouldn't expect Pathfinder as a Duo skill, but they will have that in the weapon for sure. Maybe the Duo is a combinations of their B skills: Dodge and NFU.

So their Duo skill would be called "No, Fuck You Dodge" or something?

Even so, there's no reason they had to break the pattern on THIS banner as opposed to later on Christmas or something

Oh hell, I promised like a year ago that if a Ninja-effect Bow was ever released, I'd give it to Nina. And now it's here... HELL I say.

• Igrene's weapon looks... hauntingly similar. As does her class... hm...
  • Shinon is the Navarre of this banner. He's most certainly gonna be foddered to Nina though.
  • Dudebro Corrin looks aight.
  • Cutesis Corrin and EvenCutersis Elise looks plenty strong. Also I think this is the first time since the Adrift banner that the two Corrins have been featured in the same month.
  • Shamir, eh. They could have at least made her a Swordie, but instead she overlaps completely with Hana.

I don't mind the Ninja theme, but there's literally no way I could be excited for this banner right now. I have a convention coming up...