Tempest Trials+: Ice & Flame 5

Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks! So we're going a little over a month with no Seasonal Banner. I wonder if they'll jump into a Book 3 continuation or something, or if we'll get some fluff stories first. This would be a decent way to tell Team Lif's story, for example.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

To compensate, Winter banner and New Year Banner are in a row, so a month without New Heroes too.

I would like a TT story with focus on Líf. Or something related to the consequences of killing Hel and leaving the Realm of the Dead without a Ruler (Eir stayed with the Order of Heroes after Book 3 ended).

I've already posted my desires here for telling the stories of those we've left behind from the main story. I think it would be better in a whole new mode, rather than using TT+, especially since then the player could have a shorter gap between story segments if said player wants to. Plus, I think they'd be able to put more writing into it.

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

Will Ascended Laegjarn be summonable before appearing in the TT events? Unless she's in the next banner, she'll be tossed to January.

I can't answer this without giving you spoilers.

According to the leaks we got this month:

Spoiler

Ascended Laegjarn is in the names leaked for this month. From that, it's guessed she will be in the next New Heroes Banner. It's predicted so she will make her debut in the game in a New Heroes banner instead of as an enemy unit first.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:19 PM, Mercakete said:

especially since then the player could have a shorter gap between story segments if said player wants to.

They could also just use the Paralogues to tell the story too. Or maybe even Xenologues, sknce those are pretty story heavy too. I think it'd be cool to get one of those every few weeks for example. I like your ideas too by the way, Mercakete!

On 11/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, Naoshi said:

Atk/Res Form is very much welcome.

Thankfully next month is the last piece of story, I hope next year they do book 3

Oh, Yeah! As I've said sveral times already, I want one of these regarding book III (and want to see the other children of Hel, the dragon of life and all) It would be cool if in addition to each year's new book we got a new TT+ like this, I like the original story so for me is a plus.

On 11/4/2021 at 3:06 PM, Tybrosion said:

In regards to the boss this time:

Hide contents

I’m guessing IS got tired of people spamming Fallen Edelgard in this mode? That’s a raw Atk stat of 44 on Thorr, by the way.

Also, she flies because why not.

Spoiler

Right? I also thought it was weird for her to fly, I guess she is supposed to represent a Valkyrie? (not the valkyrie class in FE, I mean the valkyries of the norse mythology, that were Odin's handsmaids and chose the bravest warriors that fell in battle to be taken to Valhalla, they could fly too, basically they were the nordic angels) (actually I think it makes sense if Thórr was made to allude to a Valkyrie, since she is presented as more of a handsmaid than a daughter of Alfador and she is choosing the bravest warriors she can find to work from her and promissed them a chance to see their loved ones if they do what she wants, probably she will either kill them and take them to Valhalla or let them enter there if everything goes as she plans, so she does what valkyries do besides being the goddes of war too, also In one tempest trial Loki was promissing Hellbindi a chance to see his sister in Valhalla too if he agreed to work for her but she was probably messing with him I guess? IDK)

On 11/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, Rinco said:

Will Ascended Laegjarn be summonable before appearing in the TT events? Unless she's in the next banner, she'll be tossed to January.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:08 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

I can't answer this without giving you spoilers.

According to the leaks we got this month:

Hide contents

Ascended Laegjarn is in the names leaked for this month. From that, it's guessed she will be in the next New Heroes Banner. It's predicted so she will make her debut in the game in a New Heroes banner instead of as an enemy unit first.

Spoiler

Yeah, that would be the only way I guess, since we won't get any other TT+ until at least 12/10 as the new calendary states, which means that Ascended Laegjarn will probably be in the ending clip this time. So if in this new heroes banner we will get Laegjarn instead of Thórr, then Thórr will either be the mythic this month or will show up in the 12/6 banner I guess.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

On 11/9/2021 at 4:59 PM, DefyingFates said:

They could also just use the Paralogues to tell the story too. Or maybe even Xenologues, sknce those are pretty story heavy too. I think it'd be cool to get one of those every few weeks for example. I like your ideas too by the way, Mercakete!

Thank you. 🙂 (Sorry; I only just saw this.) And yeah, paralogues and xenologues could be a thing, but I think it might crowd the chapters a bit, so IS may be apprehensive about it (especially with orb rewards and how banners tend to be expected with paralogue releases.)

We can we still post here to talk about the ending text, right?

Well, I got really curious now to see what will happen, I think that in fact it will be Loki that will grant Fjorm the victory, because of the bet she did with Thórr (and I'm pretty sure that Thórr bet on Muspell since it was what Alfador wrote, even if the cutscene didn't show her answer when Loki asked who she was going to bet in). Maybe Loki gave a fake Fire gem to Muspell or something like this?(I don't recall if she actually gave him the gem or if she just told him about it)

Also I want to see what she will ask out of Thórr (I don't know if she only wants to embarass her as she said she would, maybe she will ask something serious (but something that Thórr would never normally do) that will move the plot on?)

Also, its just me or this Ice and Flame thread was way more ...empty than the others?

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also, its just me or this Ice and Flame thread was way more ...empty than the others?

Probably because not much happened until the ending? The intro was just the two sides meeting, after all. (Unless I'm forgetting something.)

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Probably because not much happened until the ending? The intro was just the two sides meeting, after all. (Unless I'm forgetting something.)

Well, there was Thórr. idk, like, people talked about her and all, but I always thought that when she actually appeared as an unit, everyone would make a (way) bigger fuzz out of it than they did. But guess your right, I had a mini heart attack when i saw her and all, but in the end there isn't even that much to talk about (I mean, there kind of is, but I'm going to let my remaining points for the Mythic thread, here isn't the best place to say all I have to say).

Edit: I just wish that Laegjarn had showed her Ascended sprite in the ending cutscene like Fjorm did.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Well, there was Thórr. idk, like, people talked about her and all, but I always thought that when she actually appeared as an unit, everyone would make a (way) bigger fuzz out of it than they did. But guess your right, I had a mini heart attack when i saw her and all, but in the end there isn't even that much to talk about (I mean, there kind of is, but I'm going to let my remaining points for the Mythic thread, here isn't the best place to say all I have to say).

Edit: I just wish that Laegjarn had showed her Ascended sprite in the ending cutscene like Fjorm did.

I am not sure if Thorr will be Mythic at all. Kinda hard to shoehorn her into Mythic when we have Loki as a regular unit. Unless they make some ascended form/true form Loki as a counterpart. I guess we will find out one day.

But then again IS wasnt consistent with this stuff anyway considering none of Muspell was a Legendary and neither Nifl nor Muspell had a Mythic status. They might not even release her. We are still missing Freyr from book4 and dont let me get started at Bruno Veronica and Gustav (Regular Version)

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, I didn't even feel the need to comment on the ending this time. And though it was obvious that Thorr would take Loki's bet (because the writers wanted it that way, not really because it was in character), it still made me grimace. It's painfully obvious that the runes' prediction isn't going to come true, and obviously, Loki would have bet against them for the thrill of it. They want Loki to fly free off the leash and I don't like it. Everything feels so trope-ish and forced here...

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, I didn't even feel the need to comment on the ending this time. And though it was obvious that Thorr would take Loki's bet (because the writers wanted it that way, not really because it was in character), it still made me grimace. It's painfully obvious that the runes' prediction isn't going to come true, and obviously, Loki would have bet against them for the thrill of it. They want Loki to fly free off the leash and I don't like it. Everything feels so trope-ish and forced here...

I think it'd be nice if Thorr was the one to bet against the prophecy since she hated it from the get go, but I guess we'll have to see. I hadn't considered the bit in bold (I assumed she'd ask Thorr to reveal a secret), and as much as I hate it too, it could tie into Book VI, I suppose.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I think it'd be nice if Thorr was the one to bet against the prophecy since she hated it from the get go, but I guess we'll have to see. I hadn't considered the bit in bold (I assumed she'd ask Thorr to reveal a secret), and as much as I hate it too, it could tie into Book VI, I suppose.

Well, maybe Thórr coooould have bet against the prophecy, since her answer wasn't show (even though she was the one to say it would be stupid to do it and that her opinion doesnt matter because it was what Alfador wanted, well it seems unlikely but still possible I guess, she loves when a warrior goes against all the odds and winning even when Alfador said that you wouldnt sounds like something she would appreciate seeing deep down). Maybe we are supposed to think that Loki was going to bet against the runes because "it was obvious" but in the end they'll twist it and it will be Thórr instead. And maybe the point of the bet plotwise is not to have Loki win and ask something (probably important) out of Thórr, but to make Thórr want to rebel against Alfador because she doesn't like all of his decisions? (and I would like to see what she would ask out of Loki) Well, who knows, it could be anything. Thats just a guess.

If it doesn't tie with book VI it won't be much later I suppose, its a major theory that eventually we will have a plot about Ragnarok and I think that this bet is kind of the beggining of it.

19 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I didn't mean that she gets to stop following Alfador or anything, to be clear. I mean IS wants to let Loki be mischievous without consequences. (Like Delthea or Selkie, for example, who get to be irresponsible and are never truly faced with the consequences of their actions.)

16 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I didn't mean that she gets to stop following Alfador or anything, to be clear. I mean IS wants to let Loki be mischievous without consequences. (Like Delthea or Selkie, for example, who get to be irresponsible and are never truly faced with the consequences of their actions.)

Yeah...But Loki is a villain so eventually she will be punished for her actions

Spoiler

(It kinda bothers me too that she wasnt also in the end of the other books though, specially book II)

What worries me is just HOW MUCH she will be punished for everything she did, will it be proportional to all of the damage she caused? Because then something pretty bad will have to happen to her otherwise it will leave me a litttle disapointed.

9 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yeah...But Loki is a villain so eventually she will be punished for her actions

Reveal hidden contents

(It kinda bothers me too that she wasnt also in the end of the other books though, specially book II)

What worries me is just HOW MUCH she will be punished for everything she did, will it be proportional to all of the damage she caused? Because then something pretty bad will have to happen to her otherwise it will leave me a litttle disapointed.

Honestly, I don't know if IS considers her a villain. Truth be told, she's not exactly one, really. She causes trouble, sure, but everything she does can be summed up as "teasing," even if it's teasing with world-changing results. Basically, provoking people/causing misfortune for her own entertainment, and the problems themselves tend to "turn out fine" which can lead to the thinking "no harm, no foul." Which is just plain bogus if you ask me. She's the sort that's supposed to cause a sort of excitement, and it's treated as technically bad but with a pleasant sort of tension that makes people handwave it. This type of character usually gets off the hook for her (usually, this person is female, but males do exist) "bad but overall harmless" actions. It goes by the rule of "as long as it's fun, it's not a big deal." I'm the sort of person who is greatly irritated by characters like this, though, and prefer such characters to go through growth by dealing with the consequences of their actions. Drives me batty when the only reason a character doesn't is because said character would "loose his/her charm if he/she became less playful/mischievous/etc." This is one of those cases when character development is outright quashed by writer preference when it realistically would occur. Writing her isn't my responsibility, though; I'm just explaining my point of view and why I think she'll get off scot free (or, at best, admit that what she did was bad, but then not actually change her ways) for all the trouble she caused. I could be wrong in my prediction, but this pattern's played out before and is likely to play out again.

ANYWAY onto talking about Fjorm, Laegjarn, and the event's story.

So, I free-pulled ascended Laegjarn and listened to her character screen tap quotes. Like, 3 (or so) of them are about Fjorm. One is even asking the summoner directly about what his/her relationship with Fjorm is. I liked Laegjarn in Book 2 because she was basically "the general." Sharp-minded, focused, dutiful, honorable, fair, just, no-nonsense, and having strong values of right, wrong, compassion, and holding the sanctity of life in high regard. She also gave everything she could to protecting lives. As such, in Ice & Fire (TT+'s) her trying to get Fjorm to kill her so that she doesn't kill Fjorm made sense. It was in line with her values, trying to save whomever she could (Fjorm, in this case.) Also, the respect she has for Fjorm in Book 2 is about the same as the respect she has for everyone else on Nifl's side in Book 2. But now...it's like IS is trying to create a soap opera. The characters are getting a bit dramatic (like with the fairies' backstories in Book 4), as per Nifl's backstory. Whatever the relationship (likely one of unrequited love), it's clear that Nifl felt great attachment to Hvergel (the first queen of Nifl), and Muspell seems to have been betrayed by someone, too (making him bitter and feeling like people will always try to use others, instead of feelings of attachment being real.) And, going back to those character screen quotes... It's sounding like Laegjarn is getting dramatic, too. Like, suddenly extremely attached to Fjorm, and not even in a "we both went through this terrible experience and that bonded us" sort of way. Like, for some reason, she's totally fixated on Fjorm. Maybe I'm reading into it, but it looks to me like IS is trying to make some sort of complicated love triangle thing. It could be that both Nifl and Muspell loved Hvergel, but Hvergel only saw Nifl as a friend and may have even been put off by Muspell, but loved some other human (hence her kids) and neither deity could quite take that in stride. And Fjorm has a crush on the summoner, but Laegjarn suddenly and inexplicably loves Fjorm, creating another unrequited love scenario. And Kiran...depends on the player, but even those who like Fjorm can't really do anything about it besides +10 and fully build every alt she has. And then there are those who like Nifl, Muspell, or Laegjarn to add to this specific "triangle." It reeks of soap and I hope they're not doing this, especially since they really don't need to.

Laegjarn would tell Fjorm to kill her regardless because that's who she is. She doesn't need romantic feelings in order to do that. And it's creeping up on and stifling who she was from Book 2 instead of adding to it. Anyway, these are things I noticed and they're making me nervous. Hopefully we don't see a drop in writing quality here...but it may have already begun.

I am still holding onto my theory that Loki will actually play everyone like a fiddle and turn into the real Final Boss of the final book. From a writing perspective it makes more sense to make someone we have actually known for a long time the Final Villain rather than just the Surtr of the book with probably even less screentime but he is supposed to be somewhat better just because he is the last one? Lame.

I might be high on hopium tho, and if that doesn't happen, yeah she will probably betray Alfador but to help us, and we will easily forgive and forget.

Honestly I wouldn't even mind the decision of making Laejarn in love with Fjorm. Thus far the only kind of romantic attraction in this story (other than Lif/Thrasir) has been towards the summoner, ended tragically (Henriette and Gustav, Nifl), or just plain awful and toxic (Freyja, Otr and Nott). So it would be a nice change of pace to have a wholesome crush between two characters that are alive without involving the self-insert.

The only problem is that it would have to be well written, and it seems like it won't be, so it's better to just drop it.

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Honestly, I don't know if IS considers her a villain. Truth be told, she's not exactly one, really. She causes trouble, sure, but everything she does can be summed up as "teasing," even if it's teasing with world-changing results. Basically, provoking people/causing misfortune for her own entertainment, and the problems themselves tend to "turn out fine" which can lead to the thinking "no harm, no foul." Which is just plain bogus if you ask me. She's the sort that's supposed to cause a sort of excitement, and it's treated as technically bad but with a pleasant sort of tension that makes people handwave it. This type of character usually gets off the hook for her (usually, this person is female, but males do exist) "bad but overall harmless" actions. It goes by the rule of "as long as it's fun, it's not a big deal." I'm the sort of person who is greatly irritated by characters like this, though, and prefer such characters to go through growth by dealing with the consequences of their actions. Drives me batty when the only reason a character doesn't is because said character would "loose his/her charm if he/she became less playful/mischievous/etc." This is one of those cases when character development is outright quashed by writer preference when it realistically would occur. Writing her isn't my responsibility, though; I'm just explaining my point of view and why I think she'll get off scot free (or, at best, admit that what she did was bad, but then not actually change her ways) for all the trouble she caused. I could be wrong in my prediction, but this pattern's played out before and is likely to play out again.

ANYWAY onto talking about Fjorm, Laegjarn, and the event's story.

So, I free-pulled ascended Laegjarn and listened to her character screen tap quotes. Like, 3 (or so) of them are about Fjorm. One is even asking the summoner directly about what his/her relationship with Fjorm is. I liked Laegjarn in Book 2 because she was basically "the general." Sharp-minded, focused, dutiful, honorable, fair, just, no-nonsense, and having strong values of right, wrong, compassion, and holding the sanctity of life in high regard. She also gave everything she could to protecting lives. As such, in Ice & Fire (TT+'s) her trying to get Fjorm to kill her so that she doesn't kill Fjorm made sense. It was in line with her values, trying to save whomever she could (Fjorm, in this case.) Also, the respect she has for Fjorm in Book 2 is about the same as the respect she has for everyone else on Nifl's side in Book 2. But now...it's like IS is trying to create a soap opera. The characters are getting a bit dramatic (like with the fairies' backstories in Book 4), as per Nifl's backstory. Whatever the relationship (likely one of unrequited love), it's clear that Nifl felt great attachment to Hvergel (the first queen of Nifl), and Muspell seems to have been betrayed by someone, too (making him bitter and feeling like people will always try to use others, instead of feelings of attachment being real.) And, going back to those character screen quotes... It's sounding like Laegjarn is getting dramatic, too. Like, suddenly extremely attached to Fjorm, and not even in a "we both went through this terrible experience and that bonded us" sort of way. Like, for some reason, she's totally fixated on Fjorm. Maybe I'm reading into it, but it looks to me like IS is trying to make some sort of complicated love triangle thing. It could be that both Nifl and Muspell loved Hvergel, but Hvergel only saw Nifl as a friend and may have even been put off by Muspell, but loved some other human (hence her kids) and neither deity could quite take that in stride. And Fjorm has a crush on the summoner, but Laegjarn suddenly and inexplicably loves Fjorm, creating another unrequited love scenario. And Kiran...depends on the player, but even those who like Fjorm can't really do anything about it besides +10 and fully build every alt she has. And then there are those who like Nifl, Muspell, or Laegjarn to add to this specific "triangle." It reeks of soap and I hope they're not doing this, especially since they really don't need to.

Laegjarn would tell Fjorm to kill her regardless because that's who she is. She doesn't need romantic feelings in order to do that. And it's creeping up on and stifling who she was from Book 2 instead of adding to it. Anyway, these are things I noticed and they're making me nervous. Hopefully we don't see a drop in writing quality here...but it may have already begun.

Well, now you started to get me worried me. I always thought that we were suposed to be pissed at Loki because we can never punish her even if she is always a major impediment to us (basically, I thought that she was kind of a major villain, who would evetually become the final boss like @GrandeRampel said too), but that in the end we would be able to give her a supersonic kick in the ass, and that all the wait and hatred acumulated would make this kick in the ass be even more satisfying. But now I start to have my doubts... hope we're wrong on this, cuz I really want to kick her ass, seeing her redeem is not enough for me, seeing Alfador or someone else punish her because of her misbehavior is not enough for me too, seeing her fall because of a "prank" gone wrong is also not enough, I want to be the one to kick her ass and I want to kick it hard.

Sadly, I think that we wont ever see Muspell's backstory. It sounds like IS wanted him to sound as E V I L as possible and wanted all of us to hate (and never feel pitty for) him, as if he was the supreme incarnation of evil. So we get almost no scenes of converstaions between him and Laegjarn (I mean, we do, but it always the same "shut up, your dirty dog" thing, he never even slighty warms up to her not even unintentionally), like not even the scene that he shows her her Ascended form (probably because IS thought that if they showed Muspell giving Laegjarn something, the smallest it is, it would sound like they're """"bonding"""", and Laegjarn is not supose to bond with the E V I L), because a "bonding" scene or a sad past would make more people be sympathetic towards Muspell so he has to be a dick, cold and cruel towards Laevatein 100% of the time and is probably to sound more bratty than sad when talking about his past so people will feel annoyed and angry towards him instead of sad, basically it sounds like he was made to have no redeeming qualities (besided being unintentionally funny as the ultimate edgylord). Now there's only one part left of the story and it will probably be almost just the fight, or rather, it will not focus on Muspell's development, so I don't think that we will ever know what happened to him in the past and how his random friend(Muspell's first king/queen) disapointed him.

15 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Well, now you started to get me worried me. I always thought that we were suposed to be pissed at Loki because we can never punish her even if she is always a major impediment to us (basically, I thought that she was kind of a major villain, who would evetually become the final boss like @GrandeRampel said too), but that in the end we would be able to give her a supersonic kick in the ass, and that all the wait and hatred acumulated would make this kick in the ass be even more satisfying. But now I start to have my doubts... hope we're wrong on this, cuz I really want to kick her ass, seeing her redeem is not enough for me, seeing Alfador or someone else punish her because of her misbehavior is not enough for me too, seeing her fall because of a "prank" gone wrong is also not enough, I want to be the one to kick her ass and I want to kick it hard.

Sadly, I think that we wont ever see Muspell's backstory. It sounds like IS wanted him to sound as E V I L as possible and wanted all of us to hate (and never feel pitty for) him, as if he was the supreme incarnation of evil. So we get almost no scenes of converstaions between him and Laegjarn (I mean, we do, but it always the same "shut up, your dirty dog" thing, he never even slighty warms up to her not even unintentionally), like not even the scene that he shows her her Ascended form (probably because IS thought that if they showed Muspell giving Laegjarn something, the smallest it is, it would sound like they're """"bonding"""", and Laegjarn is not supose to bond with the E V I L), because a "bonding" scene or a sad past would make more people be sympathetic towards Muspell so he has to be a dick, cold and cruel towards Laevatein 100% of the time and is probably to sound more bratty than sad when talking about his past so people will feel annoyed and angry towards him instead of sad, basically it sounds like he was made to have no redeeming qualities (besided being unintentionally funny as the ultimate edgylord). Now there's only one part left of the story and it will probably be almost just the fight, or rather, it will not focus on Muspell's development, so I don't think that we will ever know what happened to him in the past and how his random friend(Muspell's first king/queen) disapointed him.

Sadly, this is my prediction, too. I don't know what IS was trying to do with Muspell, but they probably intend to make him funny in a socially bumbling way if they do try to give him a sort of redemption arc. It's just way too hard to take him seriously... My thoughts are that if they'd wanted to make him nothing but evil, they would have designed him more like Surtr than giving him a design that fits a "bad boy greaser" sort of look. It's the sort of character design that gets put onto hot-blooded scoundrels who are rough and tough, but still have "manly" and "honorable" qualities about them. That, and usually it's accompanied with comical social ineptitude (like, being way more rough and in-your-face, or intense, than they should be in a day-to-day conversation.) So, could be we see those sorts of things surface later.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:30 AM, Mercakete said:

She doesn't need romantic feelings in order to do that.

I saw it more as Laegjarn seeing Fjorm as her best friend, since her Lv 40 conversation comes off as a protective "you break her heart, I'll break you" threat to Kiran (which I found really wholesome by the way). But I agree, I really liked Laegjarn for her demeanor too, and a love triangle would likely throw a lot of things into question.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I saw it more as Laegjarn seeing Fjorm as her best friend, since her Lv 40 conversation comes off as a protective "you break her heart, I'll break you" threat to Kiran (which I found really wholesome by the way). But I agree, I really liked Laegjarn for her demeanor too, and a love triangle would likely throw a lot of things into question.

Yo, friend. Anyway, that could be, I guess, but it seems to have sort of come out of nowhere and is unusually strong. Given their experience in Book 2, I could see a mutual respect, but it's not like they even interacted that much, and it was always in a sort of professional way.

Edit: Ah, I also wanted to note a personal accomplishment: This is the first TT/TT+ in which I managed to get all the rewards! Yay!

Edited by Mercakete

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: Ah, I also wanted to note a personal accomplishment: This is the first TT/TT+ in which I managed to get all the rewards! Yay!

Awesome, congrats!

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

but it seems to have sort of come out of nowhere and is unusually strong.

This is true, but we still don't know how Ice and Flame ends, so maybe the final part will explain it? That was my assumption, at least.