Reaction to "THAT" Death Tier List

TheChoZenOne

During my Iron man run that I am streaming, we made a funny tier list where we we ranked the reactions of the characters of Three Houses to a certain story death. This is based on their condolences and their overall voice acting performance when you speak to them in the monastery during that month. It was a hilarious time doing this on stream!! Some surprising rankings. Comment your thoughts and if you have any questions on my reasoning for certain placements!! It will be fun to discuss LOL xD 913858924_my-image(42).thumb.png.5c4e0b069dfce169728f95bfcc055140.png

This was the stream where we ranked them and the timestamp is 7:24:30: https://youtu.be/ONSPLInqjCU

Edited by TheChoZenOne

Bad list - Hubert's out-of-house reaction is honestly hilarious.

On a serious note, I'd probably bump Ingrid up to at least A. She came across as really sincere and subdued.

Anna's response, though, raised more questions. Like, she knew Jeralt beforehand? How old is she? If only this game had a mechanic by which characters might reveal more details abouf themselves to one another, while receiving a corresponding boost in gameplay...

Everyone here is in their war phase outfit. Clearly, this is referring to the death of Acheron in chapter 16. 

On a serious note, I did think Cyril deserved better. Not an S or A by any means, but at least a C. I like hearing how he basically prayed for your safety, and he's naturally not one to show too much emotion anyways so I/m not expecting tears or anything like that. I can appreciate how it's more unique than just "I'm sorry professor". It's an action, not just words. 

Also, I think Ferdinand should be in F, then have the F tier just be called "Ferdinand Von Aegir". Missed opportunity smh (jk). 

The rest of the list is mostly fine to me. Aside from Hubert. Gotta respect his honesty.

Honestly I would put Cyril in A, since it gives off the impression that he actively learned the prayer specifically for Byleth/Jeralt’s sake, which is really nice.

I think Dorothea’s is S tier honestly but that’s basically splitting hairs.

9 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Bernie is only B tier? This list lost all creditability. 

B for Bernie 👀(on a serious note, her reaction is cute and sweet, but she didn't showcase her VA like the ones above her or do anything too crazy. Tho she did leave her room which is impressive xD)

8 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Bad list - Hubert's out-of-house reaction is honestly hilarious.

On a serious note, I'd probably bump Ingrid up to at least A. She came across as really sincere and subdued.

Anna's response, though, raised more questions. Like, she knew Jeralt beforehand? How old is she? If only this game had a mechanic by which characters might reveal more details abouf themselves to one another, while receiving a corresponding boost in gameplay...

You right, Hubert is easily SS tier. A man of the most sincerity!! Also I agree Ingrid was really good, I probably would give her A tier too. Anna is in her late 20's btw, you can check in her profile (26 I think).

5 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Everyone here is in their war phase outfit. Clearly, this is referring to the death of Acheron in chapter 16. 

On a serious note, I did think Cyril deserved better. Not an S or A by any means, but at least a C. I like hearing how he basically prayed for your safety, and he's naturally not one to show too much emotion anyways so I/m not expecting tears or anything like that. I can appreciate how it's more unique than just "I'm sorry professor". It's an action, not just words. 

Also, I think Ferdinand should be in F, then have the F tier just be called "Ferdinand Von Aegir". Missed opportunity smh (jk). 

The rest of the list is mostly fine to me. Aside from Hubert. Gotta respect his honesty.

Acheron, saddest death in FE history. Also to clarify on Cyril, I mentioned how he would be B tier but I 'm judging them by their voice acting as well and his is so underwhelming imo, it sadly brought his placement down. But I agree, based on condolences alone, it would be B or even an A tbh. It was very sweet. Also yeah. What was I thinking? Hubert is clearly SS tier!!

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah, Hubert's was good.

To clarify, it was totally in character for him, but I was judging these based on how much they seem to care. He didn't care at all lmao. 

59 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

Honestly I would put Cyril in A, since it gives off the impression that he actively learned the prayer specifically for Byleth/Jeralt’s sake, which is really nice.

I think Dorothea’s is S tier honestly but that’s basically splitting hairs.

I agree Cyril's was very sweet and I mentioned how he would be A or B tier but his voice acting performance brought it down for me. The only placement that truly got affected by such a thing sadly 😕 Also I can see Dorothea being S tier, her performance was so good!! (Pun intended xD)

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

Moving this to Far from the Forest.

Is there a reason this thread was moved? It seemed like a fairly orderly discussion about the characterizations and writing in Three Houses. Is there some reason it didn't fit into the Three Houses subforum?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 6:19 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Is there a reason this thread was moved? It seemed like a fairly orderly discussion about the characterizations and writing in Three Houses. Is there some reason it didn't fit into the Three Houses subforum?

She did it so I could see it, because she knew I probably wouldn't visit the Three Houses subforum, but might visit here.

Too echo praise of Hubert's, his is actually a little longer in Crimson Flower. Instead of just saying he's not much for condolences, he then says something like "Let's use a little logic, shall we? The knights of Seiros have been lured away from the monastery, so where are Jeralt's killers most likely to strike?" Shows he has a little more regard for the MC on CF.

20 minutes ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

She did it so I could see it, because she knew I probably wouldn't visit the Three Houses subforum, but might visit here.

Too echo praise of Hubert's, his is actually a little longer in Crimson Flower. Instead of just saying he's not much for condolences, he then says something like "Let's use a little logic, shall we? The knights of Seiros have been lured away from the monastery, so where are Jeralt's killers most likely to strike?" Shows he has a little more regard for the MC on CF.

Really now? That's really interesting!! Didn't know the dialogue changed for this specific part depending on the route. Gonna have to check it out on my CF playthrough!! 😁👍