Any suggestions for Maddening Iron Man?

So I can't stop thinking about the Maddening Iron Man I am about to do on Crimson Flower. I'm so excited for it for some reason and I been preparing notes and stuff to take this as seriously as possible to get it done successfully on stream!!  If you guys have any tips or suggestions to help make the Iron Man more doable let me know!! (This will be streamed after I finish my Maddening Blue Lions NG+ 3 DP Run). This will be my very first maddening iron man for Three Houses so I am beyond excited and nervous. I practiced Maddening for GD & BL routes, so hopefully the knowledge from those playthroughs help!!

The rules are going to be:

- No resets, & no retreating. If a green unit dies in a paralogue that causes a defeat condition and gameover (Rodrigue, Rhea, etc.) Run can still continue, but paralogue must be ended right there and I unable to retry it again. Any units lost prior to the defeat can't be used again. If it is one of my units and their death is apart of the defeat condition, if they die, then the run ends.

- No Divine Pulse AT ALL. This is a TRUE Iron Man run so I don't want to use these like I did in my current BL Maddening run.

- No DLC items (Chalice of Beginnings, Start game stat boosters, etc.) However, Vajra- Mushti & Fetters of Dromi are allowed to use for Yuri & Balthus.

- Ashen Wolves, Anna, & Jeritza are allowed

- No New Game+. However I will be playing on NG+ for the Edelgard hairstyle but I won't be using any of the renown. So it will be played as if it WAS a non-NG+ file. Renown statues will not be touched if they carry over some of the perks from a previous run. (I will check and try to select a file that doesn't have the statues maxed)

- No Abyss Renown items.

- DLC classes are allowed.

- Endgame classes for team can't have more than 2 units in the same class. (No full wyvern team, full dark flier team allowed, etc.)

- I am allowed to look at map/enemy data on stream to check ambush reinforcement placements & triggers.

- Iron Man officially begins after the mock battle, as it's easy to get RNG screwed in that battle and lose a unit/game over. So anyone who dies stays alive. And if I game over, since nothing is really affected since the only map prior to that is the tutorial map, we are allowed to retry the map if something goes wrong (to save time from unecessarily playing the long tutorial and starting monastery section again and again) To compensate for this, the battle of the eagle and lion will be treated as an iron man map. If someone dies, I can't use them again.

If there are any fun rules you want to suggest (may or may not be added) or things I am forgetting to make the Iron Man run as fair as possible, let me know!! 😄 But yeah any tips or suggestions to help me complete the run, give me your wisdom!! 😁

This is my planned team:

my-image (44).png

Edited by TheChoZenOne

As a head up,  on ng+ any renown you spent on saint statues carry over in case you don't want that advantage.  Catherine cannot be recruited at all on crimson flower,   If you wanted her for Ashe's paralogue you'd have to recruit Ashe instead.  I'd also advocate deploying Constance in your main party instead of Hapi.  The usefulness of 6 uses of rescue and 4 uses of bolting with a 20% chance to conserve them cannot be understated!  Plus she's one of the few units that provides support bonuses to Jeritza.  If you're ok with lacking a dancer, Ferdinand makes excellent use out of sword avoid+20 and a swordmaster or assassin.  Between Constance's rescue and Lysithea's warp a going without a dancer isn't too big an issue.   As a final note, any reason why no Bernadetta?   Encloser and dead eye can be quite helpful especially in an iornman.  

2 hours ago, Femboy Advance SP said:

As a head up,  on ng+ any renown you spent on saint statues carry over in case you don't want that advantage.  Catherine cannot be recruited at all on crimson flower,   If you wanted her for Ashe's paralogue you'd have to recruit Ashe instead.  I'd also advocate deploying Constance in your main party instead of Hapi.  The usefulness of 6 uses of rescue and 4 uses of bolting with a 20% chance to conserve them cannot be understated!  Plus she's one of the few units that provides support bonuses to Jeritza.  If you're ok with lacking a dancer, Ferdinand makes excellent use out of sword avoid+20 and a swordmaster or assassin.  Between Constance's rescue and Lysithea's warp a going without a dancer isn't too big an issue.   As a final note, any reason why no Bernadetta?   Encloser and dead eye can be quite helpful especially in an iornman.  

Gotcha!! I will definitely use Constance then!! But I ain't replacing my favorite girl Hapi haha xD I'm like THE Hapi man lol. Also, this just goes to show how amazing Three Houses is. Cuz for me personally I never had a CRAZY expereince with Bernie yet, even tho I like her. But then you can get different opinions from someone that find a unit useful. Thats interesting, I will keep that in mind, tho I just used her in my last run, and want to use other units but thanks for the tip!! 😁 I appreciate all the help, man!! I feel my Class rank going up as I write all these notes down 💀 I still consider myself a FE casual in a sense when it comes to fitnesse, & efficiency in my strategy/knowledge of the games, but I am getting better and better at the series every day 😆 Here's hoping all the learned knowledge from my recent playthroughs pull through in the end!! 🙏

Edited by TheChoZenOne

16 hours ago, TheChoZenOne said:

But I ain't replacing my favorite girl Hapi haha xD I'm like THE Hapi man lol.

Valid
That's the beauty of fire emblem, we all have different experiences with who or what is good.   And no matter what any unit can turn out amazing with enough work.   I hope your run goes well!

18 hours ago, Femboy Advance SP said:

If you're ok with lacking a dancer, Ferdinand makes excellent use out of sword avoid+20 and a swordmaster or assassin.

You can still use Ferdinand as your Dancer, while taking advantage of Sword Avoid +20 (in conjunction with his personal and Sword Prowess) to act as an evasive lure on enemy phase. That's how I used him on my CF playthrough.

1 hour ago, Femboy Advance SP said:

Valid
That's the beauty of fire emblem, we all have different experiences with who or what is good.   And no matter what any unit can turn out amazing with enough work.   I hope your run goes well!

Yes indeed and thanks so much!! I appreciate it!! I honestly can't wait to stream it after I finish my current run!! 😁

Seconding @Shanty Pete's 1st Mate recommendation of Dancer Ferdinand, it's much more useful than giving Sword Avoid +20 to swordmaster/assassin IMO. You really don't lose that much damage on Ferdinand in exchange for the Dance command, the usefulness of which can not be overstated.

Go with whatever team you wish but I think your team being so light on the Eagles themselves isn't really a great idea. You'll have lots of recruiting to do and you'll have relatively poor supports within your party (e.g. Edelgard will only have two!), which will lead to lower accuracy, especially with gambits. That seems like it might not be the best idea for an Ironman run, though you can mitigate it somewhat by trying to get Hit+20 and Uncanny Blow on lots of people.

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Go with whatever team you wish but I think your team being so light on the Eagles themselves isn't really a great idea. You'll have lots of recruiting to do and you'll have relatively poor supports within your party (e.g. Edelgard will only have two!), which will lead to lower accuracy, especially with gambits. That seems like it might not be the best idea for an Ironman run, though you can mitigate it somewhat by trying to get Hit+20 and Uncanny Blow on lots of people.

Yeah I'd second this. Even if you don't plan on using the whole class, I'd say have paths in mind for most of them. Once new recruits become available, you can swap them in/out as needed. An Ironman can turn into an "all hands on deck" scenario dangerously quickly.

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Seconding @Shanty Pete's 1st Mate recommendation of Dancer Ferdinand, it's much more useful than giving Sword Avoid +20 to swordmaster/assassin IMO. You really don't lose that much damage on Ferdinand in exchange for the Dance command, the usefulness of which can not be overstated.

15 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Yeah I'd second this. Even if you don't plan on using the whole class, I'd say have paths in mind for most of them. Once new recruits become available, you can swap them in/out as needed. An Ironman can turn into an "all hands on deck" scenario dangerously quickly.

Oof. Thanks for letting me know this, didn't realize this. But eh, I think it'll be alright. I'm not too worried. At this point it's nitpicking every possible strategy. After playing Maddening currently, it seems more doable than I thought. I been beating most maps recently without any divine pulse. I actually am confident in this run. I think I can do it!! 😆 Let's do it together!! All you guys' help is greatly appreciated, all this shared knowledge and help has been absorbed during the lead up to this iron man!! 😁 So I think I am ready!! 👍