Jump to content
TheChoZenOne

Is Edelgard a Good Dancer? Raging Storm+Dance Combo?

Recommended Posts

So I am thinking about making my dancer Edelgard cuz LOL.... but I'm curious, would it actually be pretty good? Cuz she has Raging Storm which makes her move again after a kill, which then can give her two options: Attack again or dance for another unit? Is this possible and do you think its good or an interesting strategy? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You never want your strongest unit to be your Dancer, because then they can never dance for themselves. Think of it this way - Edelgard could use Raging Storm, then Dance for an ally. Or, she could use Raging Storm, then attack a second time, then get Danced by an ally to get a third attack in. So if you plan for her to do a lot of offensive "heavy lifting", then I don't think Dancer is the class for her. On the other hand, if you're planning on getting your kills with other units (i.e. Swift Strikes Ferdinand/Sylvain, Vengeance Bernadetta, fast girl Petra), then a support Edelgard would be fine, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds kind of memey, but not the bad kind. Edelgard is a strong combat unit so she'd rather be the one getting danced, but like @Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said if you have other strong units it could work fine. She also doesn't have the additional utility that the other good Dancer candidates have like, 3 range magic, Meteor, Bolting, Physic, or a Riding asset for quick Mov +1.

It would definitely be interesting. I've seen Dancer Dimitri because you can stack a lot of avoid with his timeskip personal skill and Sword Avoid+20 from getting Dancer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I've seen Dancer Dimitri because you can stack a lot of avoid with his timeskip personal skill and Sword Avoid+20 from getting Dancer.

Dancer Dimitri with Battalion Vantage/Wrath for peak combat dancer memes.

Overall, yeah I agree with Shanty Pete and LoneStar- it wouldn't be optimal by any means, but it would definitely work and it could be pretty fun. Gives her a lot of mobility for a dancer which could definitely come in handy.

Don't forget to add the Fetters of Dromi for bonus Canto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edelgard is a good dancer in the sense that Edelgard is a good unit so will of course be good in pretty much any role, including dancer. Yeah, you can Raging Storm to cross the battlefield quickly and dance for someone else, a nice unique perk that only she has as far as Dancers go. But I will add to the chorus of voices that it's nowhere near the most effective use of her.

(Dancer Dimitri on the other hand is legitimately very good because his durability reaches levels which are almost unmatched. It's probably still not optimal for the same reasons, but it is extraordinarily effective.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend Ferdinand as your dancer instead, sword avoid+20 synergizes excellently with his personal and along with an evasion ring, a high avoid boosting battalion, he'd be almost untouchable buy most attacks save for the occasional gambit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to try her as a dancer I don't see why not. It's fairly easy for her to win the White Heron cup so it's doable. Sure, she'd be more effective as a combatant than a supporter, but she'll make a good dancer too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

You never want your strongest unit to be your Dancer, because then they can never dance for themselves. Think of it this way - Edelgard could use Raging Storm, then Dance for an ally. Or, she could use Raging Storm, then attack a second time, then get Danced by an ally to get a third attack in. So if you plan for her to do a lot of offensive "heavy lifting", then I don't think Dancer is the class for her. On the other hand, if you're planning on getting your kills with other units (i.e. Swift Strikes Ferdinand/Sylvain, Vengeance Bernadetta, fast girl Petra), then a support Edelgard would be fine, I guess.

 

6 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Sounds kind of memey, but not the bad kind. Edelgard is a strong combat unit so she'd rather be the one getting danced, but like @Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said if you have other strong units it could work fine. She also doesn't have the additional utility that the other good Dancer candidates have like, 3 range magic, Meteor, Bolting, Physic, or a Riding asset for quick Mov +1.

It would definitely be interesting. I've seen Dancer Dimitri because you can stack a lot of avoid with his timeskip personal skill and Sword Avoid+20 from getting Dancer.

I see!! Makes sense, thank you guys for the insight!!  😁

 

6 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Dancer Dimitri with Battalion Vantage/Wrath for peak combat dancer memes.

Overall, yeah I agree with Shanty Pete and LoneStar- it wouldn't be optimal by any means, but it would definitely work and it could be pretty fun. Gives her a lot of mobility for a dancer which could definitely come in handy.

Don't forget to add the Fetters of Dromi for bonus Canto.

Yes!! I have to remember to do the pararlogue before I miss it like I did in my current run 🤣

 

3 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Edelgard is a good dancer in the sense that Edelgard is a good unit so will of course be good in pretty much any role, including dancer. Yeah, you can Raging Storm to cross the battlefield quickly and dance for someone else, a nice unique perk that only she has as far as Dancers go. But I will add to the chorus of voices that it's nowhere near the most effective use of her.

(Dancer Dimitri on the other hand is legitimately very good because his durability reaches levels which are almost unmatched. It's probably still not optimal for the same reasons, but it is extraordinarily effective.)

All this Dimitri talk, I should have made HIM the dancer in my current BL run 🤣 Sounds fun!!

 

2 hours ago, Femboy Advance SP said:

I would recommend Ferdinand as your dancer instead, sword avoid+20 synergizes excellently with his personal and along with an evasion ring, a high avoid boosting battalion, he'd be almost untouchable buy most attacks save for the occasional gambit.

I'm almost tempted to use dancer Ferdninand now, that sounds INCREDIBLY useful. 😆

 

15 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

If you want to try her as a dancer I don't see why not. It's fairly easy for her to win the White Heron cup so it's doable. Sure, she'd be more effective as a combatant than a supporter, but she'll make a good dancer too.

Thank you for the advice!! 😁 And thank you everyone for supporting me and helping me for this awesome Iron Man challenge!! I am honestly BEYOND excited to start it!! ❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend Dorothea as the Dancer since Fire Emblem Heroes did have Dorothea dance in her alts designs. I think some Dialogue mentions that Dorothea was in stage production before like Singing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I would recommend Dorothea as the Dancer since Fire Emblem Heroes did have Dorothea dance in her alts designs. I think some Dialogue mentions that Dorothea was in stage production before like Singing.

I actually used Dorothea as a dancer before in my first Silver Snow playtrhough since its like her "canon" class, yeah. Only reason I probably won't again cuz I like to try out new dancers haha, but yeah she was great!! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, yeah another question. Would Alert Stance work after dancing with Edelgard or no? Cuz if it doesn't then there's probably no reason to give Alert Stance to a dancer then if they are always going to be dancing (or fighting in Edelgard's case since shes a good unit)

Edited by TheChoZenOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the way you want it to.  Alert Stance applies a buff when you pass the turn.  Dancing isn't passing.  (Strictly speaking, you could do something silly like have the Alert Stance Dancer pass their turn, then get another turn via a gambit that grants other turns, then dance while still having Alert Stance up...  but...  yeah no.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SnowFire said:

Not the way you want it to.  Alert Stance applies a buff when you pass the turn.  Dancing isn't passing.  (Strictly speaking, you could do something silly like have the Alert Stance Dancer pass their turn, then get another turn via a gambit that grants other turns, then dance while still having Alert Stance up...  but...  yeah no.)

Thanks for the answer!! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dancing doesn't pass a turn, but you can have a unit wait and then dance them, essentially turning dance into rally skill that grants avoid. The danced unit can then make a player phrase attack with that boosted avoid and keep it secured during enemy phase too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Dancing doesn't pass a turn, but you can have a unit wait and then dance them, essentially turning dance into rally skill that grants avoid. The danced unit can then make a player phrase attack with that boosted avoid and keep it secured during enemy phase too.

See also: dancing for a Shamir who just scored a kill, thus activating her personal skill and making her even more potent.

Oh, and if the Dancer in question has Special Dance, they can provide an additional effective Rally in that manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the more accurate answer is it depends a lot on what you are playing for.  I think a lot of the argument against dancer Edelgard is from the min/max and optimizing everyone perspective. But if you change what your optimizing for  dancer Edelgard can become quiet good. For instance if you wanting to have a particular unit like Petra for instance be your carry dancer is a good way to keep Edelgard alive and earning exp without benching her entirely.

I personally think the dancer class is underrated as a straight up fighting class and Edelgard is one of the better options for it as a fighter.  There are tradeoffs but I kind of feel like that could be said about giving the class to anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I think the more accurate answer is it depends a lot on what you are playing for.  I think a lot of the argument against dancer Edelgard is from the min/max and optimizing everyone perspective. But if you change what your optimizing for  dancer Edelgard can become quiet good. For instance if you wanting to have a particular unit like Petra for instance be your carry dancer is a good way to keep Edelgard alive and earning exp without benching her entirely.

I personally think the dancer class is underrated as a straight up fighting class and Edelgard is one of the better options for it as a fighter.  There are tradeoffs but I kind of feel like that could be said about giving the class to anyone.

Good insight!! That's exactly how I am thinking about it too. More avoid and magic use for edelgard? Yes please. I even plan to only use dancer during the actual chapters. During aux battles and training I will make sure she gets her growths from her normal lord classes. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...