Novemeber's Mythical prediction, Dark one coming!

Naoshi

On 11/20/2021 at 1:41 PM, ARMADS!!! said:

I wonder if we will ever be able to summon fallen Fafnir, it would be cool too. I guess that this will be the last opportunity to release book V mythic OCs so they (OG Fafnir and Eitri) will likely be together now (I still hope that we can get fallen Fafnir as an alt though)

I totally agree. It'd be great to be able to get Fallen Fafnir. (I have a soft spot for tragic heroes like him, Berkut, and Dimitri. ... All of whom are blue. At least there's Lif to break that monotony. It's just regular Lif, but regular Lif is basically Fallen Alfonse so eh. I still need Thrasir, too, and was hoping she would share with Dagr and Otr at some point so I can go for all of them but that's not really here or there.)

As for the double mythics, yeah, it's very likely to be Fafnir and Eitri. I was saving for Christmas Tharja (minus a few double special pulls which yielded nothing helpful) so I could get R Tome Valor, but I may pull for Fafnir.

Edited by Mercakete

8 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

...If this isn't Eitri and Fafnir, I'll eat my hat.

The tweet even says they're mystery Heroes and that they'll be announced together, so... yeah: another double release is essentially confirmed at this point.

On 11/20/2021 at 9:41 PM, ARMADS!!! said:

I wonder if we will ever be able to summon fallen Fafnir, it would be cool too.

48 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I totally agree. It'd be great to be able to get Fallen Fafnir

I think F!Fafnir is a lock for the next Fallen Heroes banner. While he's not super complex, like Mercakete I do like the idea of him too, though I'd much prefer a mundane alt that explains his backstory though I doubt IS actually knows it themselves; they probably just wanted to make him more pitiable by saying he had a family back home.

The weird thing about Fafnir is that his lance and dragon versions have the same hero title for some reason. So if they do release both, they'll need to change the title for one of them. Which is simple enough but if they're planning on doing that, I don't know why they wouldn't give them different titles in the first place.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

The weird thing about Fafnir is that his lance and dragon versions have the same hero title for some reason. So if they do release both, they'll need to change the title for one of them. Which is simple enough but if they're planning on doing that, I don't know why they wouldn't give them different titles in the first place.

Well, that makes sense. Maybe they weren't (and probably still aren't?) planning on releasing him, but if there's enough demand then I don't see why they would lose the opportunity (that will be around during the fallen heroes banner), the whole thing for the character is already on the game they just have to change some little details (one of them being the title, of course), it would a very simple job, so I hope that they do it next year.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I think F!Fafnir is a lock for the next Fallen Heroes banner. While he's not super complex, like Mercakete I do like the idea of him too, though I'd much prefer a mundane alt that explains his backstory though I doubt IS actually knows it themselves; they probably just wanted to make him more pitiable by saying he had a family back home.

...Of course they don't know, I agree that they just did that for the sake of making us pitty him (like the Álfar's backstories, oh GOD, those were so forced that I had to laugh), the whole family thing was probably to convince us that he was a better person too like "Oh! He has a wife and kids and wanted to provide and take care of them? what a good guy he was!". But I gotta admit that it kinda worked this time for me though, at least it wasnt forced and suposed to be extremely tragic like Plumeria's and Triandra's (and I like how it showed us that the guy had a whole other life before Reggin and Ótr). I also think that we'll never have a "mundane alt" for him but I would like to too, specially for the sake of knowing his actual name (and I wonder why the hell he chose to call himself/thought that his name was Fafnir, specifically?)

I also want to see F!Fafnir because I'm a sucker for non healer/bow/dagger colorless units.

16 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Well, that makes sense. Maybe they weren't (and probably still aren't?) planning on releasing him, but if there's enough demand then I don't see why they would lose the opportunity (that will be around during the fallen heroes banner), the whole thing for the character is already on the game they just have to change some little details (one of them being the title, of course), it would a very simple job, so I hope that they do it next year.

It's so weird, though. They release so many characters - even if they didn't currently have plans, you'd think they'd at least account for the possibility that they might want to in the future and set him up now to fit better with that.

Unless it's a translation error. @Ice Dragon - do you know if Fafnir's two versions have different hero titles in Japanese?

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Unless it's a translation error. @Ice Dragon - do you know if Fafnir's two versions have different hero titles in Japanese?

In Japanese, both versions of Fafnir also have identical epithets, 曠野の王 (kōya no ō), "King of the Wastelands".

Edited by Ice Dragon

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Japanese, both versions of Fafnir also have identical epithets, 曠野の王 (kōya no ō), "King of the Wastelands".

Weird. So much for that, then.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

It's so weird, though. They release so many characters - even if they didn't currently have plans, you'd think they'd at least account for the possibility that they might want to in the future and set him up now to fit better with that.

Maybe it was for story purpouses? Or to have less work? Or because the description wasn't changed too? Idk what to say. I remember that when I went to play F!Fafnir's first map I was so excited to see if he had a diferent description but he also didn't (I haven't noticed about the title back then though). It really bugs me, if IS don't ever release him they would be wasting such a good opportunity. 

Edited by ARMADS!!!

21 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

if IS don't ever release him they would be wasting such a good opportunity. 

Like with dead Gustav or just plain Freyr. Or plain Gustav. Or plain Henriette. Or dead Sharna. Or fairy Sharena. Bruno's not ready yet, so I'm okay with him not being available yet. Same with plain Veronica.

4 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Maybe it was for story purpouses? Or to have less work?

He only shows up in one chapter, so it was likely the latter. Considering he didn't want to be transformed, I guess giving him the same epithet works for story reasons too?

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Like with dead Gustav or just plain Freyr. Or plain Gustav. Or plain Henriette. Or dead Sharna. Or fairy Sharena. Bruno's not ready yet, so I'm okay with him not being available yet. Same with plain Veronica.

Oh, yeah... there's them too. OG!Henriette, dead Sharena and fairy Sharena are less of a waist since they don't have stats and this kind of stuff in the game (well, maybe Henriette has some kind of thing like this, since her portrait is already there and we already know she uses a tome, and we can have an idea of what her stats would be like because of her alt, you know, but still) so they are more excusable I guess?(Still a waist though, I'm pretty sure that dead and fairy Sharena would make some good bucks to IS) But why don't we have Gustav and Freyr????? This infuriates me! Is it because they're maledead? because i wouldn't make sense, we already had summonable dead OCs (like, half of them I guess).

I would like to have a banner someday with all of the OCs left to be summonable, it would be neat (or at least IS could give us them one by one as the star hero in the banners that they know that won't be too profitable, like they've been doing, but then do this when they don't have any new OC to add). I still have my hopes for Henriette though, she is still alive and making appearences in every book for now (maybe except book II? I don't remember) Who knows maybe she will have a bigger appearence someday or die and then we will be able to summon her.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh, yeah... there's them too. OG!Henriette, dead Sharena and fairy Sharena are less of a waist since they don't have stats and this kind of stuff in the game (well, maybe Henriette has some kind of thing like this, since her portrait is already there and we already know she uses a tome, and we can have an idea of what her stats would be like because of her alt, you know, but still) so they are more excusable I guess?(Still a waist though, I'm pretty sure that dead and fairy Sharena would make some good bucks to IS) But why don't we have Gustav and Freyr????? This infuriates me! Is it because they're maledead? because i wouldn't make sense, we already had summonable dead OCs (like, half of them I guess).

I would like to have a banner someday with all of the OCs left to be summonable, it would be neat (or at least IS could give us them one by one as the star hero in the banners that they know that won't be too profitable, like they've been doing, but then do this when they don't have any new OC to add). I still have my hopes for Henriette though, she is still alive and making appearences in every book for now (maybe except book II? I don't remember) Who knows maybe she will have a bigger appearence someday or die and then we will be able to summon her.

I think you basically nailed it. XD Though, Henriette was introduced in Book 3, so she wasn't in Books 1 or 2.

13 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I think you basically nailed it. XD Though, Henriette was introduced in Book 3, so she wasn't in Books 1 or 2.

Thanks kkkkkk, I had a slight memory that Henriette and Gustav were in book I (with Gustav shitting on Alfonse for being on the order of heroes and Henriette not shitting on Alfonse, but I just looked it up in FE wiki and it says that they were only mentioned until book III indeed, well, my bad I guess)

12 hours ago, Florete said:

Since everyone is guessing Eitri/Fafnir, I'm gonna go out on a limb and instead guess Eitri + Thorr.

I wish it was Thórr/Fafnir (I'm not that excited about Eitri, nothing catched my attention too much in her as an unit during her boss fight), but I think that it will be Eitri/Fafnir so IS will see themselves free from book V OCs and people won't lose interest on them, the interest in Thórr will stay a little longer I think since we still have one part left of Ice and Flame (so she will probably be the next mythic as soon as the next TT+ ends). I hope most of us are wrong though, I want Thórr nooooooow!!!!!

Also, I just thought about something: We will probably never have actual OG!Fafnir but maybe in the NY banner we get a pre craziness version of him? In his case it would be almost the same as an OG alt but with a kimono. Crap, since the beggining of this book I can't stop thinking about this new year banner (Oh, the Jotun sisters in kimonos... its something way too good to be part of reality, just one more month and all this wait will be worth it)

6 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also, I just thought about something: We will probably never have actual OG!Fafnir but maybe in the NY banner we get a pre craziness version of him? In his case it would be almost the same as an OG alt but with a kimono. Crap, since the beggining of this book I can't stop thinking about this new year banner (Oh, the Jotun sisters in kimonos... its something way too good to be part of reality, just one more month and all this wait will be worth it)

XD The way you're just so free with your happy opinions is a joy to read. Also, it's nice that I'm not the only one who likes that we finally got some big-boned, heavy-muscled ladies! I know we have some other ones, but the giantesses are pretty neat in breaking the typical anime girl mold. They really would look nice in kimono. Still, it would be fun to have a muscle beach summer banner...filled with only muscular women, competing with feats of strength. Nailah, Effie, the giantesses, Malice, whoever else... Bro-ing it up with the muscle sisters would be a fun change of pace, I think. BUT. Yes, muscle ladies in kimono also sounds fun. ^_^

7 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Crap, since the beggining of this book I can't stop thinking about this new year banner (Oh, the Jotun sisters in kimonos... its something way too good to be part of reality, just one more month and all this wait will be worth it)

I am kinda guessing Duo Dagr & Nott for the New Year Banner.

I had gave up on that idea earlier this year because the NY Banner would have a Harmozined Hero, but IS changed the patters with the Ninja Banner by giving us a Duo there, so Winter will be Harmonized and NY will be Duo again.

My only fear of that is a Pathfinder unit that can be blessed.

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

XD The way you're just so free with your happy opinions is a joy to read. Also, it's nice that I'm not the only one who likes that we finally got some big-boned, heavy-muscled ladies! I know we have some other ones, but the giantesses are pretty neat in breaking the typical anime girl mold. They really would look nice in kimono. Still, it would be fun to have a muscle beach summer banner...filled with only muscular women, competing with feats of strength. Nailah, Effie, the giantesses, Malice, whoever else... Bro-ing it up with the muscle sisters would be a fun change of pace, I think. BUT. Yes, muscle ladies in kimono also sounds fun. ^_^

Tnx for the compliment :). Yeah, this beach banner would be awesome, FE muscled ladies rule!(Titania should be there too, and maybe Kjelle, Echidna, Catherine,...) I wish they got more attention. unfortunately lolis, gimmicky characters and 3H beach banners are way more profitable (How much do you wanna bet that next year we will have a Summer Edelgard just so IS can make all of her dialogues be about how she can't swim?)

26 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am kinda guessing Duo Dagr & Nott for the New Year Banner.

I had gave up on that idea earlier this year because the NY Banner would have a Harmozined Hero, but IS changed the patters with the Ninja Banner by giving us a Duo there, so Winter will be Harmonized and NY will be Duo again.

My only fear of that is a Pathfinder unit that can be blessed.

I was thinking about that too! About the Nótt+Dagr duo. But lately I think I've grown kinda divided, depending on how many OCs they put in this banner. If the banner happens to be FEH solo then it would probably be Reggin, Nótt, Dagr, Ótr and Fafnir (I assume that Eitri wouldn't be there since until now the main villain never got a NY alt?) so I guess that either Ótr or Fafnir would be the duo with Reggin (because Nótt and Dagr can hold better on their own than Ótr or Fafnir can) but if the banner is FEH + other FE then I think that we would have just two OC units: Reggin and Duo jotun sisters. It will probably not be FEH solo I guess?(Like, as far as I remember there's always at least one Fates character except for those Fire+Ice NY banner?) Sad, cuz I would really like to see normal/pre madness Fafnir, and I have to admit that I'm curious to know how would he and Ótr look like  on kimonos too... if it was an FEH only banner the 5 spots would fit perfectly. Also, I would never complain about a Nótt+Dagr duo of course, but I would also like if it was Reggin+Dagr (one of the motives being to see their size comparision, I just NEED to know)

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Just now, ARMADS!!! said:

I was thinking about that too! About the Nótt+Dagr duo. But lately I think I've grown kinda divided, depending on how many OCs they put in this banner. If the banner happens to be FEH solo then it would probably be Reggin, Nótt, Dagr, Ótr and Fafnir (I assume that Eitri wouldn't be there since until now the main villain never got a NY alt?) so I guess that either Ótr or Fafnir would be the duo with Reggin (because Nótt and Dagr can hold better on their own than Ótr or Fafnir can) but if the banner is FEH + other FE then I think that we would have just two OC units: Reggin and Duo jotun sisters. It will probably not be FEH solo I guess?(Like, as far as I remember there's always at least one Fates character except for those Fire+Ice NY banner?) Sad, cuz I would really like to see normal/pre madness Fafnir, and I have to admit that I'm curious to know how would he and Ótr look like  on kimonos too... if it was an FEH only banner the 5 spots would fit perfectly. Also, I would never complain about a Nótt+Dagr duo of course, but I would also like if it was Reggin+Dagr (one of the motives being to see their size comparision, I just NEED to know)

I am leading to FEH + another title. We can take a look in previous NY banners:

• The first NY Banner was Fates only.
  • The 2nd NY banner was FEH only, with the Book 2 OCs.
  • The 3rd NY Banner had 2 FEH units, 1 from Radiant Dawn and 1 from Fates, and the TT was another OC with Eir representing Book 3.
  • Then the last NY we got had 2 units from FEH and 2 units from Fates, plus another Fates unit as TT.

I could see we getting the same situation as last NY banner, with 2 FEH units and 3 Non-FEH units. In this case, I am going with Reginn and Dagr+Nott.

Would be nice if we get NY Ranulf this time, so Lethe wouldn't be the only NY Tellius beast (we got the remaining Fates Beasts last time, afterall). And maybe add others RD Laguz units into the seasonal hell, like Lyre or Kyza.

About NY Reginn... I wonder if she would be on a mecha or not... maybe she end being a flier or a horse mounted unit with Canto built in the weapon.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Tnx for the compliment :). Yeah, this beach banner would be awesome, FE muscled ladies rule!(Titania should be there too, and maybe Kjelle, Echidna, Catherine,...) I wish they got more attention. unfortunately lolis, gimmicky characters and 3H beach banners are way more profitable (How much do you wanna bet that next year we will have a Summer Edelgard just so IS can make all of her dialogues be about how she can't swim?)

I'd be cool with that, actually. Those quotes would be funny, and I could put her on the same team as Summer Xander for the lols. X3 And tap battle's last stage because of the "reward."

On 11/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, Florete said:

Since everyone is guessing Eitri/Fafnir, I'm gonna go out on a limb and instead guess Eitri + Thorr.

Dang, good guess.

17 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am leading to FEH + another title. We can take a look in previous NY banners:

• The first NY Banner was Fates only.
  • The 2nd NY banner was FEH only, with the Book 2 OCs.
  • The 3rd NY Banner had 2 FEH units, 1 from Radiant Dawn and 1 from Fates, and the TT was another OC with Eir representing Book 3.
  • Then the last NY we got had 2 units from FEH and 2 units from Fates, plus another Fates unit as TT.

I could see we getting the same situation as last NY banner, with 2 FEH units and 3 Non-FEH units. In this case, I am going with Reginn and Dagr+Nott.

Would be nice if we get NY Ranulf this time, so Lethe wouldn't be the only NY Tellius beast (we got the remaining Fates Beasts last time, afterall). And maybe add others RD Laguz units into the seasonal hell, like Lyre or Kyza.

About NY Reginn... I wonder if she would be on a mecha or not... maybe she end being a flier or a horse mounted unit with Canto built in the weapon.

Yeah, that makes sense. And since we have at least one Fates character every year (except when we got that Fire+Ice NY banner), I think that we will probably have someone from there again? So it would be 2 FEH OCs, at least one Fates character and then + Fates characters/other FE characters.

14 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Trailer is up, and it's Eitri and Thorr. I guess I'm eating half my hat.

Yes! YES! Thank you IS, THANK YOU!!!!