Who do I use the Energy Ring on?

Enter Ewan with an energy ring in tow and I got a serious dilemma here… who do I use it on?

Im thinking Erika because… at 10 Strength, she’s barely damaging anything or Moulder who at 11 Magic could use an extra +1 range for warp and physic. Then there’s Neimi and Vanessa who have 11 and 14 strength respectively but could always use more damage.

Who of these 4 would you use it on?

Assuming Moulder is a Bishop or is going to be made into a bishop, I suppose I'd give it to him. He'll do effective damage to monsters (which comprise most of the late game), and two extra points may result in less weapon uses. Light tomes are expensive.

5 hours ago, RLR_FYE said:

Enter Ewan with an energy ring in tow and I got a serious dilemma here… who do I use it on?

Im thinking Erika because… at 10 Strength, she’s barely damaging anything or Moulder who at 11 Magic could use an extra +1 range for warp and physic. Then there’s Neimi and Vanessa who have 11 and 14 strength respectively but could always use more damage.

Who of these 4 would you use it on?

Vanessa, personally. A good candidate for energy rings is whomever you're using a lot and who tends to double. Vanessa often fits both of those categories. I assume as well you're on ch 13 or 14 in which case you probably know what your team is looking like and can just use it on whomever.

Using an energy ring on Moulder for extra damage with light tomes is a bit wasteful imo. Just buy shines and you'll 1round most monsters with 11 magic.

+1 to Raisin's suggestion. A stat booster gains value every time its stat is being used, and Vanessa is likely to stab more foes more often than any of the other three picks.

Call me crazy, but use on Ewan. He's not good by any real objective standard, but he's a fun unit to use and giving him that two extra magic will help him actually deal enough damage to gain levels.

Edited by Jotari

1. Who doubles frequently?
2. Who is frequently on the frontlines, on their own fighting enemies or killing off key targets for your strategy?

3. Who can go from just failing to kill enemies to actually killing enemies in 1 round with that boost?

Vanessa and other Pegasus Knights tend to fit this pretty well due to their low STR growth and bases.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Call me crazy, but use on Ewan. He's not good by any real objective standard, but he's a fun unit to use and giving him that two extra magic will help him actually deal enough damage to gain levels.

Interesting reasoning.

However, this is a draft run and Ewan is not on my team.

5 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

1. Who doubles frequently?
2. Who is frequently on the frontlines, on their own fighting enemies or killing off key targets for your strategy?

3. Who can go from just failing to kill enemies to actually killing enemies in 1 round with that boost?

Vanessa and other Pegasus Knights tend to fit this pretty well due to their low STR growth and bases.

Seems like there’s an overwhelming amount of support for Vanessa.

I just found out using a guide there’s ANOTHER energy ring in Chapter 14 so I could always give one to both Moulder and Vanessa.

Edit: I thought I was adding to my previous post and double posted by mistake. 
My apology to the mods.

Edited by RLR_FYE

I generally agree with Vanessa being the "optimal" choice, owing to her being the most useful unit among the four mentioned. That said, here's one approach - look at the enemies in the next chapter. Does the Energy Ring allow any of your mentioned units to secure a one-round kill that they would otherwise fall short of? If so, that might just be your ideal candidate.