Write Your Butt Off 358/II.8 prompts HD Final Chapter Prologue

Benice

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP is updated! The writing phase will end on November 30th. Happy writing, all!

Edited by Benice

I haven't done this before but I want to give it a try!

So the deadline is November 23rd right? And we just submit before that or on the same day?

3 hours ago, Edrey said:

So the deadline is November 23rd right? And we just submit before that or on the same day?

Hey, welcome!

The deadline is pretty lenient here, but it's typically at the end of the month, give or take a couple days (I would ask @Benice for an exact date to shoot for). You can submit your work anytime before the deadline, but if you need an extension, don't be afraid to ask.

Edited by indigoasis

5 hours ago, Edrey said:

haven't done this before but I want to give it a try!

Heya, welcome!

5 hours ago, Edrey said:

For this month, the deadline's the 30th, and you can submit any time between now and then! Plus, if you need a 'lil extension to get your entry finished, that's perfectly allowed too.

Thank you! both of you!

I'm going to use the deadline as a motivation but if it gets trickier I'll ask for an extension! 

Edited by Edrey

On 11/11/2022 at 5:29 AM, Edrey said:

-gasp- NEW PERSON?! >pog

Anyways, I think I've got my idea down, looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

On 11/10/2022 at 4:12 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

So umm...

I'm busy organising moving stuff and am not sure if I'll have something for you guys this month....

Wait, Chloey's moving to another forest? Don't go, where else will you find such wonderful discussion partners?! /s

In seriousness, that sounds exciting, hope you're able to get everything done smoothly!

On 11/12/2022 at 12:04 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, nice to see someone new here. Welcome aboard!

Thank you!

On 11/12/2022 at 5:34 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm looking forward to seeing some more stories to read.

Same here!

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

-gasp- NEW PERSON?! >pog

Anyways, I think I've got my idea down, looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

I also have the plot down, now is a matter of actually writing it! 

Heyo new person. Welcome to the writing thread. We engage in a moderate amount of tomfoolery.

I'm not entirely sure what to go back and write, to be honest. I don't feel like I want to do anything too esoteric just yet, and the prompt by nature leaves a lot of avenues open.

33 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm not entirely sure what to go back and write, to be honest. I don't feel like I want to do anything too esoteric just yet, and the prompt by nature leaves a lot of avenues open.

if you need inspiration, look no further:

33 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

a moderate amount of tomfoolery

these ideas write themselves

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

-gasp- NEW PERSON?! >pog

Wait, Chloey's moving to another forest? Don't go, where else will you find such wonderful discussion partners?! /s

In seriousness, that sounds exciting, hope you're able to get everything done smoothly!

Moving house more like it mate lol

It's long overdue that's for sure, and I had some fun couch surfing for like, I don't know, twelve months?

I might actually be finishing something. Might even be up in an hour or two.

Okay, took longer, but here you go:

Title: A Break on the Beach
Word Count: 1504
Fandom: Fire Emblem Heroes

Pre-Notes:

- Decided on the beach prompt for this because... I suppose since it was one of mine, so I wanted to do it, heh.

Spoiler

The sun blazed high in the sky over the Aether Resort. Over at the Brightsurf Coast several members from the Askrian Order of Heroes had made it their destination for that day, intending to spend their assigned time of respite at the beach. Among them was a certain pair hailing from the World of Shadows.

“Finally,” Sonya said as she sat down on a beach chair, “I had been looking forward to this.”

“Me too,” Genny said as she took the chair right next to the mage’s.

Sonya lied down fully against the back of the chair, closed her eyes, and let out a sigh of relief.

“No work, no fighting, just a time to relax,” she continued, looking quite pleased as she made herself comfortable. “We certainly earned this.”

“There doesn’t seem to be a lot of people here today,” Genny noted, as she glanced around.

Sonya frowned slightly.

“That’s disappointing,” she said, “a place where one can flaunt by wearing little clothing, and I can’t take full advantage of that? How lame.”

For such purpose the mage was clad in a swimsuit consisting of a dark purple two-piece. It was plain in its design, but it certainly exposed a lot of skin.

“Little indeed,” Genny muttered.

Though soft-spoken, their proximity meant Sonya still heard the comment. Rising back to a sitting straight position, she glanced over to the cleric with an amused expression.

“Well, you’re not exactly being inconspicuous either, Genny,” she pointed out.

In contrast with Sonya’s own, Genny’s swimsuit was a more modest light pink one-piece. What it lacked in exposure it compensated with lots of frills and ribbons, making it as eye-catchy if in a different way.

“Trying to garner some attention to yourself as well?” Sonya smirked.

“N-no!” Genny cried out, face flushing red. “I just…”

She trailed off briefly as she glanced away, face still red.

“I just liked how it looked, that’s all.”

Sonya chuckled.

“Relax, I’m just teasing you. Though it certainly suits you all the same.”

“You think so?” Genny glanced back to face the mage, looking hopeful.

Sonya nodded.

“Absolutely. Looks like the me from your world has taught you well, though I should expect no less if it’s anything as in my own world. Perhaps I should pick up where she left off.”

She then flashed a sly smile.

“And considering how much more we can learn in this world, perhaps by the time you return to your Valentia you may even teach the other me a thing or two instead,” she finished with a wink.

“Ah, I…” Genny’s face went beet red again, “l-let’s talk about that later…”

She was then quick to lie down on her chair and close her eyes. Sonya chuckled once again before following suit. Thus the two spent the following minutes just basking under the sun.

“This is nice,” Genny suddenly said, “I wouldn’t mind doing this more…”

She brought a hand to her mouth as a yawn escaped her lips.

“… often.”

“Heh, feeling a bit drowsy there?” Sonya asked, glancing over.

“I can’t help it,” Genny replied as she glanced back, “I might actually fall asleep if I stay here any longer.”

“I suppose it would not be a bad idea,” the mage mused. “Some beauty sleep soaking up sunlight might do us good.”

“Hee hee, is that what we will do the entire day?” Genny giggled. “Just sleep?”

“Well-”

“Oh no!”

The sudden cry interrupted the mage, who sat back up and glanced over in the direction of the voice. Not far from them she could see the princesses of Nifl, Ylgr and Gunnthrá, who looked to be in the middle of building a sand castle. Part of it had collapsed, which was the source of distress from the younger princess. The older woman went to console her youngest sister, though whatever words they spoke between them were not loud enough to reach them. Sonya kept staring in their direction and her expression turned into a frown, though it wasn’t aimed at them. She simply watched, soon seeing the little girl cheer back up. Afterwards the two princesses were back to their work, rebuilding the collapsed parts.

“Sonya?”

The mage ceased her staring to glance back to the cleric, who was looking at her with worry in her eyes.

“Is everything alright?” Genny asked, concerned. “You’ve been staring for a little while now.”

“Oh, it was nothing,” Sonya replied in a nonchalant tone. “Just… watching them brought back some memories, that’s all.”

Genny frowned slightly, a knowing look on her face. She could tell that wasn’t the entire story.

“It’s about your sisters, isn’t it?”

Sonya’s eyes widened in surprise for a second, before switching to a stoic face.

“You know about them too,” she simply stated.

Genny nodded, making Sonya sigh.

“I suppose it shouldn’t surprise me,” she shifted her gaze straight ahead, towards the little sea of the resort.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Genny asked.

The mage remained silent for a few seconds.

“I suppose now might be a good time for it,” she finally said.

Sonya closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

“It’s a thought that has been nagging me for quite a while now. That it may only be a matter of time before either of them, or even both, might end up summoned too.”

“I see…” Genny lowered her gaze, understanding the implications of that.

“Will they be summoned by the Order, or by our enemies?” Sonya continued. “Not knowing how things will unfold… it frustrates me.”

Genny glanced back up.

“Well, being summoned by the Order would be the preferable outcome,” she said.

“Even if it’s as witches?” Sonya glanced back, a frown on her face.

Had it been anyone else, the cleric would’ve felt herself falter enough to drop the matter. However, she knew she had to press on.

“Um, well, at least you’d finally reunite,” Genny replied, “and thanks to the contracts, they wouldn’t be able to cause any trouble.”

Sonya narrowed her gaze, before slowly turning back to face the water again.

“You know, I’ve always hated that,” she said. “To be summoned to another world against our will, placed under a binding contract with no choice on the matter; that we can’t even defy. Other than still keeping our souls, it’s no different from becoming a witch.”

“But the Order does not abuse them,” Genny pointed out, “unlike most of the other realms.”

“True, our situation could’ve been worse,” Sonya conceded. “Doesn’t mean I have to like it, however. And yet…”

Her expression softened up as her gaze lowered slightly.

“You are right, Genny. If they were to be summoned by the Order, I’d be able to see them again. Even if they were witches, because of the contracts no fight would break out. It’d be a fleeting thing, since sooner or later we’d all have to return to our respective worlds, but… I’d be fine with that.”

“Sonya…” Genny was unsure on what to say.

Silence reigned the following seconds, until finally the mage shook her head.

“Well, enough feeling mopey about it,” Sonya glanced back to Genny, her mood seemingly back to normal. “Right now we’re meant to enjoy our time here.”

“R-right,” Genny nodded, caught a little off-guard by the sudden shift in attitude.

“There’s little point worrying over things that haven’t happened yet,” the mage continued, “or might not even happen at all. Though if it does…”

She frowned, her bravado faltering slightly.

“It’s alright, Sonya, if it does I’ll be there with you,” Genny quickly said reassuringly. “You don’t have to face it alone.”

Sonya stared for a second, before a warm smile graced her lips.

“Thanks, Genny, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Now then, I believe we are overdue for a sunbath.”

“Right,” the cleric nodded.

With that the pair lied back down against the chairs again.

“You know, if they do come,” Genny suddenly said after a minute, “we should take them here to the beach.”

“Hmm, that’s not a bad idea,” Sonya agreed. “Even if they wouldn’t be able to fully enjoy it, it’s better than nothing.”

“Who knows, perhaps it might actually have…” Genny failed to supress a yawn, starting to feel drowsy once again, “a positive effect on them.”

Sonya chuckled.

“Feeling sleepy already? But yes, that would be…” the mage fought the urge to yawn herself, feeling her own eyes get heavy as well, “… ideal.”

No more words were exchanged between them. They dozed off on their beach chairs, before the soothing sound of the waves under the sun, the noise of the other beachgoers not close or loud enough to disrupt the process. What had begun as a day meant to be of carefree relaxation, it had veered into a direction not foreseen by either. Yet perhaps it was something that needed to happen. Would their hypothesized scenario come to pass? Or was their talk all for naught?

The answer might be never known.

Author's Notes:

- Not much to say here, I think. I had the idea itself thought up for quite a bit, but was going to use it for something else. Well, I'll still do, but who knows when. Got other stuff to write first, heh.
- Although, long before that I had thought on a slightly different version. Same general idea, just different characters involved.

Well, that's that I guess.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 11/15/2022 at 5:24 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

I might actually be finishing something. Might even be up in an hour or two.

Okay, took longer, but here you go:

Title: A Break on the Beach
Word Count: 1504
Fandom: Fire Emblem Heroes

Pre-Notes:

- Decided on the beach prompt for this because... I suppose since it was one of mine, so I wanted to do it, heh.

Reveal hidden contents

The sun blazed high in the sky over the Aether Resort. Over at the Brightsurf Coast several members from the Askrian Order of Heroes had made it their destination for that day, intending to spend their assigned time of respite at the beach. Among them was a certain pair hailing from the World of Shadows.

“Finally,” Sonya said as she sat down on a beach chair, “I had been looking forward to this.”

“Me too,” Genny said as she took the chair right next to the mage’s.

Sonya lied down fully against the back of the chair, closed her eyes, and let out a sigh of relief.

“No work, no fighting, just a time to relax,” she continued, looking quite pleased as she made herself comfortable. “We certainly earned this.”

“There doesn’t seem to be a lot of people here today,” Genny noted, as she glanced around.

Sonya frowned slightly.

“That’s disappointing,” she said, “a place where one can flaunt by wearing little clothing, and I can’t take full advantage of that? How lame.”

For such purpose the mage was clad in a swimsuit consisting of a dark purple two-piece. It was plain in its design, but it certainly exposed a lot of skin.

“Little indeed,” Genny muttered.

Though soft-spoken, their proximity meant Sonya still heard the comment. Rising back to a sitting straight position, she glanced over to the cleric with an amused expression.

“Well, you’re not exactly being inconspicuous either, Genny,” she pointed out.

In contrast with Sonya’s own, Genny’s swimsuit was a more modest light pink one-piece. What it lacked in exposure it compensated with lots of frills and ribbons, making it as eye-catchy if in a different way.

“Trying to garner some attention to yourself as well?” Sonya smirked.

“N-no!” Genny cried out, face flushing red. “I just…”

She trailed off briefly as she glanced away, face still red.

“I just liked how it looked, that’s all.”

Sonya chuckled.

“Relax, I’m just teasing you. Though it certainly suits you all the same.”

“You think so?” Genny glanced back to face the mage, looking hopeful.

Sonya nodded.

“Absolutely. Looks like the me from your world has taught you well, though I should expect no less if it’s anything as in my own world. Perhaps I should pick up where she left off.”

She then flashed a sly smile.

“And considering how much more we can learn in this world, perhaps by the time you return to your Valentia you may even teach the other me a thing or two instead,” she finished with a wink.

“Ah, I…” Genny’s face went beet red again, “l-let’s talk about that later…”

She was then quick to lie down on her chair and close her eyes. Sonya chuckled once again before following suit. Thus the two spent the following minutes just basking under the sun.

“This is nice,” Genny suddenly said, “I wouldn’t mind doing this more…”

She brought a hand to her mouth as a yawn escaped her lips.

“… often.”

“Heh, feeling a bit drowsy there?” Sonya asked, glancing over.

“I can’t help it,” Genny replied as she glanced back, “I might actually fall asleep if I stay here any longer.”

“I suppose it would not be a bad idea,” the mage mused. “Some beauty sleep soaking up sunlight might do us good.”

“Hee hee, is that what we will do the entire day?” Genny giggled. “Just sleep?”

“Well-”

“Oh no!”

The sudden cry interrupted the mage, who sat back up and glanced over in the direction of the voice. Not far from them she could see the princesses of Nifl, Ylgr and Gunnthrá, who looked to be in the middle of building a sand castle. Part of it had collapsed, which was the source of distress from the younger princess. The older woman went to console her youngest sister, though whatever words they spoke between them were not loud enough to reach them. Sonya kept staring in their direction and her expression turned into a frown, though it wasn’t aimed at them. She simply watched, soon seeing the little girl cheer back up. Afterwards the two princesses were back to their work, rebuilding the collapsed parts.

“Sonya?”

The mage ceased her staring to glance back to the cleric, who was looking at her with worry in her eyes.

“Is everything alright?” Genny asked, concerned. “You’ve been staring for a little while now.”

“Oh, it was nothing,” Sonya replied in a nonchalant tone. “Just… watching them brought back some memories, that’s all.”

Genny frowned slightly, a knowing look on her face. She could tell that wasn’t the entire story.

“It’s about your sisters, isn’t it?”

Sonya’s eyes widened in surprise for a second, before switching to a stoic face.

“You know about them too,” she simply stated.

Genny nodded, making Sonya sigh.

“I suppose it shouldn’t surprise me,” she shifted her gaze straight ahead, towards the little sea of the resort.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Genny asked.

The mage remained silent for a few seconds.

“I suppose now might be a good time for it,” she finally said.

Sonya closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

“It’s a thought that has been nagging me for quite a while now. That it may only be a matter of time before either of them, or even both, might end up summoned too.”

“I see…” Genny lowered her gaze, understanding the implications of that.

“Will they be summoned by the Order, or by our enemies?” Sonya continued. “Not knowing how things will unfold… it frustrates me.”

Genny glanced back up.

“Well, being summoned by the Order would be the preferable outcome,” she said.

“Even if it’s as witches?” Sonya glanced back, a frown on her face.

Had it been anyone else, the cleric would’ve felt herself falter enough to drop the matter. However, she knew she had to press on.

“Um, well, at least you’d finally reunite,” Genny replied, “and thanks to the contracts, they wouldn’t be able to cause any trouble.”

Sonya narrowed her gaze, before slowly turning back to face the water again.

“You know, I’ve always hated that,” she said. “To be summoned to another world against our will, placed under a binding contract with no choice on the matter; that we can’t even defy. Other than still keeping our souls, it’s no different from becoming a witch.”

“But the Order does not abuse them,” Genny pointed out, “unlike most of the other realms.”

“True, our situation could’ve been worse,” Sonya conceded. “Doesn’t mean I have to like it, however. And yet…”

Her expression softened up as her gaze lowered slightly.

“You are right, Genny. If they were to be summoned by the Order, I’d be able to see them again. Even if they were witches, because of the contracts no fight would break out. It’d be a fleeting thing, since sooner or later we’d all have to return to our respective worlds, but… I’d be fine with that.”

“Sonya…” Genny was unsure on what to say.

Silence reigned the following seconds, until finally the mage shook her head.

“Well, enough feeling mopey about it,” Sonya glanced back to Genny, her mood seemingly back to normal. “Right now we’re meant to enjoy our time here.”

“R-right,” Genny nodded, caught a little off-guard by the sudden shift in attitude.

“There’s little point worrying over things that haven’t happened yet,” the mage continued, “or might not even happen at all. Though if it does…”

She frowned, her bravado faltering slightly.

“It’s alright, Sonya, if it does I’ll be there with you,” Genny quickly said reassuringly. “You don’t have to face it alone.”

Sonya stared for a second, before a warm smile graced her lips.

“Thanks, Genny, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Now then, I believe we are overdue for a sunbath.”

“Right,” the cleric nodded.

With that the pair lied back down against the chairs again.

“You know, if they do come,” Genny suddenly said after a minute, “we should take them here to the beach.”

“Hmm, that’s not a bad idea,” Sonya agreed. “Even if they wouldn’t be able to fully enjoy it, it’s better than nothing.”

“Who knows, perhaps it might actually have…” Genny failed to supress a yawn, starting to feel drowsy once again, “a positive effect on them.”

Sonya chuckled.

“Feeling sleepy already? But yes, that would be…” the mage fought the urge to yawn herself, feeling her own eyes get heavy as well, “… ideal.”

No more words were exchanged between them. They dozed off on their beach chairs, before the soothing sound of the waves under the sun, the noise of the other beachgoers not close or loud enough to disrupt the process. What had begun as a day meant to be of carefree relaxation, it had veered into a direction not foreseen by either. Yet perhaps it was something that needed to happen. Would their hypothesized scenario come to pass? Or was their talk all for naught?

The answer might be never known.

Author's Notes:

- Not much to say here, I think. I had the idea itself thought up for quite a bit, but was going to use it for something else. Well, I'll still do, but who knows when. Got other stuff to write first, heh.
- Although, long before that I had thought on a slightly different version. Same general idea, just different characters involved.

Well, that's that I guess.

Spoiler

Yes

YES

SUMMON HESTIA TO HEROES WITH YOUR WISHES ACACIA

BRING ME THE WITCH SISTER

I WILL HAVE ALL THE WANDERERS

-COUGH-

I think the only real nitpick I have here is that I would personally change "With that the pair lied back down against the chairs again" to "With that the pair lay back down again" - though I think lied is acceptable, I prefer lay, and the sentence could be more compact. Overall not bad, the interaction between these two is actually really heartwarming in SoV, and I like seeing them together again.

10 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:
  Hide contents

Yes

YES

SUMMON HESTIA TO HEROES WITH YOUR WISHES ACACIA

BRING ME THE WITCH SISTER

I WILL HAVE ALL THE WANDERERS

-COUGH-

I think the only real nitpick I have here is that I would personally change "With that the pair lied back down against the chairs again" to "With that the pair lay back down again" - though I think lied is acceptable, I prefer lay, and the sentence could be more compact. Overall not bad, the interaction between these two is actually really heartwarming in SoV, and I like seeing them together again.

Spoiler

Fan of her, I take it? XD

Hmm, I can see it. I suppose I do need to sometimes shorten sentences. Though actually, I did do that when I made one last rundown before uploading. Guess that one didn't trigger the need.

I like to write about those two, I'll admit, heh.

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Fan of her, I take it? XD

Hmm, I can see it. I suppose I do need to sometimes shorten sentences. Though actually, I did do that when I made one last rundown before uploading. Guess that one didn't trigger the need.

I like to write about those two, I'll admit, heh.

I mean it's hard to be a proper fan of someone who has maybe two lines of dialogue and isn't named Morshu, but I attached to Hestia for some weird reason. She's part of a group of characters I'm trying to one day collect in Heroes.

13 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I mean it's hard to be a proper fan of someone who has maybe two lines of dialogue and isn't named Morshu, but I attached to Hestia for some weird reason. She's part of a group of characters I'm trying to one day collect in Heroes.

Oh, I can get that. Sometimes liking a character comes out of nowhere, hahaha.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hey, her two lines of dialogue are pretty good, to be fair. Plus, her and Marla are the first female antagonists in the series, providing you exclude Minerva, Sonya and Delthea's unwilling dips into antagonism.