Write Your Butt Off 358/II.8 prompts HD Final Chapter Prologue

Benice

>we'll get used to it

You can get used to anything. I would have rather they ironed out the kinks before pushing it out- I'm not laying this at the feet of the staff, since I'm sure they didn't have much to do with the code, but it is still silly.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

If we just had a nicer green I would be less upset but this green is PAINFUL, the entire reason I've had Sakura's Forest on since it was added was because the pink was such a nice friendly shade instead of this horrid green.

I was a blue mode user, myself. It is, alas, a pretty eye-searing green.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I could be imagining there being two, but at the very least round 41 was inspired by it.

Entries in the first version for the longer than I thought comment, the Spider-Man entry was the one from the first round of the second one, yeah.

Oh yeah, Round 41 definitely shows where you got your inspiration.

Ah, I see. Yep, that was me, even a little bean sprout, throwing my hat into the ring of literature. Though I wasn't a regular or hard-hitting contestant by any means.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I cobbled something together today that may or may not meet the conditions of the prompt.

Title: Eggs and Cheddar

Word Count: 975

Notes:

Spoiler

I knew what I had to do when SoulWeaver mentioned Spider-Man.

This is meant to take place in the same world as Anon's Awful Spectacular Spider-Man Fanfiction, and therefore the world of Spectacular Spider-Man. The only returning characters from that are Hammerhead and the manila folder, so it already isn't doing a great job of plagiarism.

I wanted to make a set-up for the Spider-Slayer, but I couldn't have done that with Montana and the Enforcers, and I kinda wanted to use different characters even though that wasn't what the prompt was asking for, so I told myself, "screw it, I'll write it anyway."

I hope it's alright.

On 1/25/2023 at 4:18 PM, indigoasis said:

I hope it's alright.

Hey, it is, at least, within the bounds of the prompt, and so it may sorta win by default.

A little disappointing, since I quite liked the turn-out for the last time we did this prompt, but there's always next time.

Hey guys, I still have an entry, this week has just been absolute crap so I haven't had time to finish it, I can finish it by tonight, do you guys mind waiting for me or do you want me to just non-participation it? Either is fine on my end.

57 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

do you guys mind waiting for me or do you want me to just non-participation it?

how dare you suggest we not let you participate, we should make you participate against your will

Yeah, take your time. I totally understand having bad weeks. Hopefully they get better for you going forward.

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I mean, ultimately it's up to @Benice since he's the host, but I wouldn't mind waiting.

Yup! I'm all OK with that. Sooner is better than later, of course, but I'm happy to wait.

Edited by Benice

Alrighty folks, it's been 6-3/4 years, but today we see the true, undiscovered answer to @Jotari's question:

Who ate that cookie?

Prepare for some serious mind(censored)ery

Notes:

Spoiler

Sorry for the terrible calculator joke. It won't happen again. Probably.

14 hours ago, Benice said:

Yup! I'm all OK with that. Sooner is better than later, of course, but I'm happy to wait.

Thankfully, didn't take long at all. That do be nice, don't it?

14 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Prepare for some serious mind(censored)ery

This chicanery borders on existential horror.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Forgive the language, it's his one flaw.

He's perfect.

He's too perfect.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

This chicanery borders on existential horror.

I mean this is what happens when you have me(sleepdeprivedbytheway) take the pseudo-nonsense Jotari originally did and expound on it while in a temporal relativism mood.

I'm just saying, he set the pace, all I did was tear past it 12x as fast as should be safe.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

He's perfect.

He's too perfect.

Every now and then I rediscover his channel and obsessively bingewatch all his old videos from before they ruined his intro theme. Man makes me laugh like a maniac every single time without exception. If it weren't for the cussing I would consider old-school JonTron the absolute best YouTuber of all time.

Spoiler

Just look at this glorious opening to a video.  You'll never see anything so grand in the whole of modern YouTube.