Write Your Butt Off 358/II.8 prompts HD Final Chapter Prologue

Benice

Wow, whoever's running this competition is really slow! They said that the round would end on the 28th, but here we are on the 1st and still nothing...

(Poll will be up soon)

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/2/2023 at 2:33 PM, Jotari said:

Midnight of the third? Not sure I'll be able to read all the entries in that time.

Mine should be easy because it's short.

At least that's what I hoped.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

It's a four-way tie

Pain-peko.

...Well, I can't update the OP for another six or seven hours, so I guess we've got 'til then to sort this out, right?

On 4/1/2023 at 7:06 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

So anyone have feedback?

So first feedback it's spelled "Farewell," not "Fairwell," and "Poignant," not "Poinent," just wanted to put that out there.

My computer cord is currently experiencing some difficulties so this is all I can offer until the replacement comes in.

Edited by SoulWeaver

Welp, since it's still a tie, I suppose I shall extend it for a day or two, until somebody breaks ahead! If things stay the same, well... I suppose we get four prompts this month!

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or maybe collectively decide on a prompt, heh.

Or next prompt should be something that involves a quartet.

I actually really like this idea, but the tie has been broken! @indigoasis I messed up your name on the poll I am so sorry , since you are now the leader on the poll, would you like to go forwards with the group prompt idea?

wait what

Ahem. Yes, I think a group prompt would be a cool idea. Everyone can pitch in a prompt, and we can either decide on a single one to use, or we could forge them all into a single mega-prompt. I think that might offer a unique challenge, but if that's not anyone's cup of tea, no big deal.

I guess to pitch in mine: Create a complete character arc within a single short story/chapter. Exposition dumps and time skips are BANNED.

@Jotari@TheSilentChloey@SoulWeaver If you guys got any prompts that you've been itching to use, we'd love to see it!

13 hours ago, Benice said:

I messed up your name on the poll I am so sorry

It's ok, Beice, I've been planning on changing my username to oais for years now.

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

It's ok, Beice, I've been planning on changing my username to oais for years now.

I'll make sure to spell it correctly next time, Indigoatis

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Ahem. Yes, I think a group prompt would be a cool idea. Everyone can pitch in a prompt, and we can either decide on a single one to use, or we could forge them all into a single mega-prompt. I think that might offer a unique challenge, but if that's not anyone's cup of tea, no big deal.

Sonds good! It'll be another five hours or so until OP gets updated, so there's plenty of time to sort things out.

8 hours ago, indigoasis said:

wait what

I guess to pitch in mine: Create a complete character arc within a single short story/chapter. Exposition dumps and time skips are BANNED.

@Jotari@TheSilentChloey@SoulWeaver If you guys got any prompts that you've been itching to use, we'd love to see it!

Oh, we're doing this now, ok. Uh...

My suggestion is Contracts. Fairly straightforward open-ended idea.

OP is finally updated! Sorry for being such a poor host for this competition...

The round will end at midnight of April 29th! Since I'm out of town at that time, you might have a bit longer than that, though. Happy writing, all!

10 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh god... yes.

Don't forget you've gotta suggest something too, Indigo said he wanted all of us to make a suggestion, then we figure out what we're doing.

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Don't forget you've gotta suggest something too, Indigo said he wanted all of us to make a suggestion, then we figure out what we're doing.

At this point, if it makes it any easier, we can just make it a pick-what-you-want round if anymore suggestions roll in, but I'll leave that up in the air for debate. I'd certainly like to try making a story cocktail on my own for fun with what everyone else comes up with, though.

And I'd hate to see this thread die with funerals of all things. 

10 hours ago, Benice said:

OP is finally updated! Sorry for being such a poor host for this competition...

The round will end at midnight of April 29th! Since I'm out of town at that time, you might have a bit longer than that, though. Happy writing, all!

You're doing what you can, and I appreciate that. Keep it up, bro, you're doing great!

On 4/10/2023 at 3:55 AM, SoulWeaver said:

Shit, I forgot about that!

Okay, umm..

A character overcoming their grief/loss?

Also for those who are on discord and want to join in the tomfoolery that is writer's discussion, RPs, game talk etc.  I am planning on getting the writer's area grown some more (also there is story reader for people who aren't comfortable with posting stories)

Link is free for all XD

Edited by TheSilentChloey
added discord invite for interested parties.