Write Your Butt Off 358/II.8 prompts HD Final Chapter Prologue

Benice

3 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Alright, wow, cool, that's freakin' gnarly! It's a story I'm actually rather proud of, and I'd like to share it with others, so I'll probably post it in it's own topic.

Anyway, as for the prompt:

Reveal hidden contents

I've got a few ideas in mind, and I'm kinda torn between which one I'd like to see the most. However, I liked @SoulWeaver's idea of two prompts, so I shall adopt that strategy as well if that's alright to go along with. It's a precedent that I think gives a greater degree of freedom in what can be written (and oh boy do I like freedom), and also comes with the possibility of combining prompts like Anon did. As such, here's what I got:

• The gray (or grey) area between good and evil
  • Recipe for disaster

Alright folks, good luck and Godspeed!

Oh shit...............

I likie.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So uh this happened:

Title: Light and Dark

Words: ~1,000

And yes, you won't get it.  That's the point.

Edited by TheSilentChloey
edited entry

On 4/4/2022 at 2:12 AM, TheSilentChloey said:

you won't get it

You keep making bold statements like this. I think you forget the kind of weirdos that inhabit this forest. Perhaps we won't 100% get it, but at least some of it will hit home for some of us, if you happen to not remember you're not quite the only one to do something in this vein.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

You keep making bold statements like this. I think you forget the kind of weirdos that inhabit this forest. Perhaps we won't 100% get it, but at least some of it will hit home for some of us, if you happen to not remember you're not quite the only one to do something in this vein.

Oh no, this isn't about people being weirdos, it's about how little people will know the dynamics, because it's a first time fic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey now, I have an idea for this one I intend to post here! All that's left is for me to actually write it...

12 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Incidentally @Benice, uh, how much time do I have left, exactly? It looks like the timer never got reset.

Frick, I forgot that Serenes ate the edit I did for that one, I forgot to back and change it the second time.

Er, 12 or 11 days left, depending on your time zone. If you're on April 17 by now, then 11 days.

I've been trying to think of something to write, because they're not bad prompts, but I haven't had my burst of inspiration yet.

It's pretty normal for things to die down here during the writing phase though, as we all wait for stories to judge and vote on.

That's how I feel a lot of the time. I'll get an idea, jot it down somewhere, and then promptly put it off because of a lack of motivation. However, I find it difficult to get motivated for a lot of things anyway nowadays. I'm not really sure why.

5 hours ago, indigoasis said:

That's how I feel a lot of the time. I'll get an idea, jot it down somewhere, and then promptly put it off because of a lack of motivation. However, I find it difficult to get motivated for a lot of things anyway nowadays. I'm not really sure why.

I know the feels.

I think I might be able to finish my entry in the next few hours. But if I can't do it...

Can you extend the deadline, as was done last month?

Pretty please

Edited by Newtype06
Pliz Benice