3 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your preferred semi final matches

• Tibarn vs Byleth
    • Tibarn vs Claude
    • Tibarn vs Dimitri
    • Claude vs Byleth
    • Claude vs Dimitri
    • Dimitri vs Byleth

Next up is Robin vs Xander. People seem pretty sure Robin is going to win, but Xander is allegedly strong enough to go toe to toe with Ryoma. And he has 1-2 range to combat Robin's magic. We'll just have to get down and dirty to see.

ROUND 1: Iron Weapons, no skills

Spoiler

Robin 45 25 28 19 21 19 17 13 47.5 41 19 NA 6.288777689
  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Hit Eva Crit Weight/Con Move
Xander 57 29 5 22 19 26 24 10 57 41.5 24 NA 8.387423853

Both units have 96% hit (coincidentally). Xander has a 5% crit chance.

Xander struck dealing 19 damage!
Robin counter attacks dealing 22 damage!

Xander HP = 35
Robin HP = 26

Robin struck dealing 22 damage!
Xander counter attacks dealing 19 damage!

Robin HP = 7
Xander HP = 13

Xander struck dealing 19 damage!

Xander HP = 13
Robin is dead.

So, Xander wins this round. However, there is a fair argument that Robin should win. As, if we're using basic weapons, Robin should be able to attack without counter attack due to outranging Xander. However, I chose to ignore that for the first round for a two main reasons. One, the idea of this round is to be raw stats, so to speak. Not factoring in strategy or skills or weapons etc. And secondly, Xander does have 1-2 range naturally with his associated weapon. So it's a bit of a penalty to deny it to him here in this round just because we're using a regular iron sword. I would like to hear other people's views on this though.

ROUND 2: Weapons, no skills

Spoiler

Magical Mjolnir (Awakening)   18 4         70   20 0  
Xander 57 29 5 22 19 26 24 10 57 41.5 24 NA 8.387423853
Physical Siegfried 11         4   80 10 5 0  

Xander's 96% hit remains unchanged, but Robin now has 66% hit. Xander has a 10% crit chance, Robin has a 13% crit chance.

Xander struck dealing 23 damage!
Robin counter attacks dealing 36 damage!

Xander HP = 21
Robin HP = 22

Robin struck dealing 36 damage!

Robin HP = 22
Xander is dead.

Again we're having a pretty close match. Robin deals a tonne of damage to Xander, but his hit rate is surprisingly shakey (Siegfried's avoid+10 is slight, but it makes a big difference). However, the rng goddess blessed Robin and Xander failed to avoid either attack.

ROUND 3: Weapons and skills

Spoiler

Magical Mjolnir (Awakening)   18 4         70   20 0  
Xander 57 32 5 22 19 26 24 10 57 41.5 24 NA 8.387423853
Physical Siegfried 11         4   80 10 5 0  

Xander has received a +3 strength boost as a result of Chivalry. He'll also deal +2 more and receive -2 less on the first round of combat as a result of Chivalry. He can also reduce Robin's damage out put with an Aegis proc. The only useful Skill Robin can being to the table is an Ignis Proc.

Xander missed!
Robin counter attacks dealing 34 damage!

Xander HP = 23
Robin HP = 45

Robin used Ignis! 47 damage!

Robin HP = 45
Xander is dead.

Well, that was an embarassing show for Xander. He whiffed his one chance to attack and then Robin destroyed him with an entirely unnecessary Ignis proc. The winner is Robin.

Robin wins 2:1.

5Z2bjjO.png

Tomorrow we'll be seeing Celiva vs Byleth.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry this one's so late today. I fell asleep after my first job and before my second in the time when I usually do these battles.

The community is split 50:50 on who will win between Celica and Byleth. Let's see which of these sword-magic lords comes out on top.

ROUND 1: Iron Weapons, no skills

Spoiler
Physical Iron Gauntlet (Three Houses) 1             95   5 3  
Byleth 52 32 19 24 27 27 21 15 61.5 54 25.5 7.01 7.250219892
Celica 48 29 27 32 33 36 20 14 82 67.5 34 0 4.407370513
Magical Fire (Average)   4           90        

The Three Houses characters can use weapons they have an affinity for in their class in game. Thus Byleth has an affinity for Swords, White Magic and Gauntlets. And since we have only one game with gauntlets in which to average out, Byleth straight up gets the Iron Gauntlets from Three Houses. Celica has 100% hit and 7% crit. Byleth has 89% hit.

Byleth struck dealing 13,13 damage!
Celica counter attacks dealing 16 damage!
Celica attacks again dealing 16 damage!
Byleth HP = 20
Celica HP = 22

Celica struck dealing 16 damage!
Byleth counter attacks dealing 13 damage!
Celica attacks again dealing 16 damage!
Celica HP = 9
Byleth is dead.

So despite Byleth having the advantage of a brave weapon,he was unable to take out Celica due to her enhanced speed.

Spoiler
Physical Sublime Sword of the Creator 15             90   10 7  
Byleth 52 32 19 24 27 27 21 15 61.5 54 25.5 7.01 7.250219892
Physical Beloved Zofia 10             95   15 0  

Strange battle, Celica is going to counter with fire if attacked at 2 range. That's just how Shadows of Valentia works. Celica can also attack with magic while still holding the Beloved Zofia. Honestly she'll probably be using Ragnarok to deal damage, unless she uses lightning to outrange Celica. She really has a lot of options. I'll have to play around to see what works out best. Byleth's hit rate is 84% while Celica's hit and crit rate depends on what weapons she's using.

Byleth struck dealing 27 damage!
Celica counter attacks dealing 15 damage!

Byleth HP = 37
Celica HP = 20

Celica struck dealing 16 damage!

Celica HP = 18
Byleth HP = 21

Byleth struck dealing 27 damage!

Byleth HP = 21
Celica is dead.

So as I said, I played around a bit. Byleth is better off attacking Celica at two range, as, while Byleth's defense is higher than their resistance, the extra weight from fire over Beloved Zofia means that Celica isn't doubling when countering from 2 range. For Celica's attack, she could  have used Ragnarok to deal massive damage to Byleth, unfortunately just a few HP shy of killing Byleth, meaning she dies on the counter attack. Lightning at least let's her last another round of combat. However, somewhat surprisingly, given her mage status, Celica's best option seems to be just attacking with Beloved Zofia. This is what happened when I tried that.

Celica struck dealing 18 damage!
Byleth missed!
Celica attacks again dealing 18 damage!
Celica HP = 20
Byleth HP = 1

Unfortunately for her, even with Byleth whiffing an attack she can only deal enough damage to put Byleth to 1 hp. Beloved Zofia does have the highest crit rate out of all her options though, giving her 22% crit rate, so it is the best option for her victory. But the stats are still against her. I'm calling this one for Byleth.

Spoiler
  Effective Damage               Hit Boost Eva Boost Crit Boost    
  No               10 20 0    

Physical Sublime Sword of the Creator 15             90   10 7  
Byleth 52 37 19 24 27 27 21 15 61.5 54 25.5 7.01 7.250219892
Physical Beloved Zofia 10             95   15 0  

No               0 0 -10    
  Effective Damage               Hit Boost Eva Boost Crit Boost    

So a bit confusing there, what's changed is that Byleth is getting 5 more strength from swordfaire, 10 hit, 20 avoid and 10 crit avoid (implemented by reducing Celica's crit) from Sword Prowess. Byleth also going to be using Sublime Heaven. If Celica can survive that, she's able to counter with her own combat are of Ragnarok Omega, however. Let's she if she manages that though.

Byleth used Sublime Heaven! 48 damage!

Byleth HP = 52
Celica is dead.

Poor, poor Celica. Byleth's Sublime Heaven giving a +10 might boost and an additional +6 (it adds a third of the magic stat, something I didn't even know until now) and swordfaire as a chaser gives Byleth exactly enough damage output to one shot Celica. Though if Byleth had been shy of making the kill, things wouldn't have exactly went well for Celica, as she needs HP of her own to use her combat arts and magic. So surviving with 1 or 2 points of HP is as good as death for her (though if she survived she would have got a little bit of HP back from Renewal). The winner is Byleth.

Byleth wins, 2:1

If anything this match up shows me why I really like Celica as a combat unit. She has a lot of options as a unit compared to most characters. So bit of a shame she didn't make it past the first round. Byleth is something of a good counter to her with solid 1-2 range. There's a lot of characters she could have taken out with Ragnarok.

ooActPP.png

Join us tomorrow for Lyn vs Chrom.

Edited by Jotari

I said I wouldn't redo all of the first fights with the Iron Weapon system, but I am thinking of redoing the Alm vs Edelgard fight. My reasoning is three fold. 1. Alm stands a very good chance of winning the first round under the Iron Sword system. 2. I forgot that Alm can actually out prioritize Edelgard with his 1-3 range, either from the basic bow or Scendscale. 3. It looks like all five of the Three Houses characters are going to make it past the first round and that's just sort of boring. So I'm going to set up a poll to see what everyone else thinks about repeating the Alm vs Edelgard fight. I don't think any of the other fights before the change of system would actually alter the outcome much.

Edited by Jotari

Okay, Lyn is notoriously bad in her own game, but let's see how her speed matches up in a different contest.

ROUND 1: Iron Weapons

Spoiler

Lyn 47 21 0 31 31 27 15 15 75.5 60 29 6 6.509826412
Chrom 48 29 5 24 25 24 20 11 60 49.5 24 NA 6.288777689

Lyn has 100% hit and 5% crit, Chrom has 90% hit.

Lyn struck dealing 6 damage!
Chrom counter attacks dealing 19 damage!
Lyn attacks again dealing 6 damage!
Lyn HP = 28
Chrom HP = 36

Chrom struck dealing 19 damage!
Lyn counter attacks dealing 6 damage!
Lyn attacks again dealing 6 damage!
Chrom HP = 24
Lyn HP = 9

Lyn struck dealing 6 damage!
Chrom counter attacks dealing 19 damage!

Lyn is dead.
Chrom HP = 18

Lyn's speed didn't help her much in the end. Even if she'd procced a 5% crit, she still wouldn't have killed, and Chrom would have to miss at least three more times for her to score a kill with regular attacks. Chrom is the easy winner here.

Spoiler

Physical Silver Bow (Elibe) 13             75     6  
Lyn 47 21 0 31 31 27 15 15 75.5 60 29 6 6.509826412
Chrom 48 29 5 24 25 24 20 11 60 49.5 24 NA 6.288777689
Physical Exalted Falchion 15             80   10    

Your eyes do not deceive you. Lyn is bringing her Silver Bow to this fight. Why, you might ask? Well it's not to strategically hit Chrom in a way that he can't counter attack, it's because it just plain deals more damage than Sol Katti. Not only does it literally have a higher might than the so called legendary weapon, but Sol Katti is so heavy Lyn can't even double while using it. The only thing Sol Katti has over the silver bow is a crit rate, but doubling is far better than an unreliable crit rate.

Lyn's hit is 100% and her crit is 5%. Chrom's hit is 80% and his crit is 7%

Lyn struck dealing 14 damage!

Lyn attacks again dealing 14 damage!
Lyn HP = 47
Chrom HP = 20

Chrom struck dealing 29 damage!

Chrom HP = 20
Lyn HP = 18

Lyn HP = 18
Chrom is dead.

The power of the generic Silver Bow prevails. Lyn defeats Chrom. Another advantage of the Silver Bow here is that it removes any advantage Chrom could get from using the Falchion to heal, like Roy did. Exalted Falchion can restore 20hp per turn, but since Chrom can't enemy phase the Silver Bow, it means he can't heal and counter attack. Meaning if he were to use the healing function, Lyn would just be safely taking potshots at him until he dies.

Spoiler

Stats are the same as before, the only difference now is that Chrom has a 22% chance to proc Aether. However, given how the last battle went down, it seems like Chrom will only have one opportunity to pull it off. Will the RNG goddess be kind to him, let's find out.

Lyn HP = 47
Chrom HP = 20

Chrom struck dealing 29 damage!

Chrom HP = 20
Lyn HP = 18

Lyn HP = 18
Chrom is dead.

Second verse same as the third. Maybe Chrom should have equipped Rightful God instead of Rightful King (nah, even if he had that he wouldn't have proced with the number I rolled).

The winner is Lyn.

Lyn wins 2:1

I am actually surprised. Roy and Lyn should hang out together and brag about how they made it to the second round.

pTGCI1m.png

Join us tomorrow where Marth once again goes up against a Three House's wyvern unit without effective damage to help him (I probably should have rigged the brackets so that didn't happen).

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have faith in Roy. I know he can defeat the best unit in Birthright!

I'm considering randomizing the branches for each round, just to make it more interesting and less predictable, but I'll be putting it to a vote like most things.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm considering randomizing the branches for each round, just to make it more interesting and less predictable, but I'll be putting it to a vote like most things.

I am personally fine with stacked branches; it's not like there's that much question among the top contenders. Roy was never gonna beat the likes of Dimitri or anything like that.

Edited by Benice

I like both ideas for the brackets (either reorginizing or leaving it like it is), the randomizer sounds more exciting if you ask me, but I'm fine with either.

Well, anyway, I thought that the only chance Lyn had to win was if she managed to crit or avoid a crapton of times! She didn't do either not even once...and still won. This contest sure is fun to follow.

Also, I'm fine with the silver bow (and I understand why you used it, specially because of the "avoiding the Falchion's healing" thing), but she could have used the Manni Katti as well. Well, it wouldn't have been the best choice for this round anyway, so I guess that this can be left to when she has to fight against a horse/armoured foe. The lords can change weapons between the rounds if it suits them, right? and weapon efficacy counts as x3 too right?(I think that FE7 is the only one where the weapon eff is x2?) just to be sure

Just one more thing, guess its too late to change this now since the brackets are already done and you would have to think about one extra character to add if you did this, but why isn't Yuri in the competition? did you forget him, was there too many 3H characters in the competition or he is not exactly considered a lord by most of the community for being a DLC character or something like this? (or another motive?)

Anyway, I can't wait for the next round, this contest is pretty entrataining.

On 11/23/2021 at 2:36 PM, Jotari said:

If anything this match up shows me why I really like Celica as a combat unit. She has a lot of options as a unit compared to most characters. So bit of a shame she didn't make it past the first round. Byleth is something of a good counter to her with solid 1-2 range. There's a lot of characters she could have taken out with Ragnarok.

I'm confused - why did Celica use an upgraded version of Saber's signature Golden Dagger? The one she offered him as payment, and which, being a good and honest person, she would never take back for her own use? She should've used her personal weapon - you know, the Ladyblade, found in Duma Tower? Fully-forged, it gives her an effective Might of 20. And the "Flamberge" art provides a brave attack targeting Teach's weaker side.

Also, to get technical, Sublime Heaven adds Magic x 0.3, rounded down - slightly less than one-third. Coming from a Magic stat of 19, that would add 5 points. So Teach would miss the one-shot, and Celica would survive (but not have enough HP left to counter with Fire, nor to launch a combat art the next turn).

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Lyn wins 2:1

I am actually surprised. Roy and Lyn should hang out together and brag about how they made it to the second round.

Silver Bow Lyn new meta.

On 11/23/2021 at 3:44 PM, Jotari said:

I said I wouldn't redo all of the first fights with the Iron Weapon system, but I am thinking of redoing the Alm vs Edelgard fight. My reasoning is three fold. 1. Alm stands a very good chance of winning the first round under the Iron Sword system. 2. I forgot that Alm can actually out prioritize Edelgard with his 1-3 range, either from the basic bow or Scendscale. 3. It looks like all five of the Three Houses characters are going to make it past the first round and that's just sort of boring. So I'm going to set up a poll to see what everyone else thinks about repeating the Alm vs Edelgard fight. I don't think any of the other fights before the change of system would actually alter the outcome much.

That one looks like it could be a slugfest. Ah, but the Arena in Three Houses establishes that, if a battle takes more than four rounds, the "home" unit loses. Since Edelgard is the "home" unit in the 3H Arena, that means Alm should get the win just for surviving 4 rounds with her.

9 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also, I'm fine with the silver bow (and I understand why you used it, specially because of the "avoiding the Falchion's healing" thing), but she could have used the Manni Katti as well. Well, it wouldn't have been the best choice for this round anyway, so I guess that this can be left to when she has to fight against a horse/armoured foe. The lords can change weapons between the rounds if it suits them, right? and weapon efficacy counts as x3 too right?(I think that FE7 is the only one where the weapon eff is x2?) just to be sure

Effective damage will be treated the same for all units, just like crits are. So it's be *3 weapon might. But itnwpuldnt really help Lyn in this case as Chrom doesn't ride a horse.

Also you mention Yuri but I cut him out of your quote and can't be assed adding him back in. I did consider him but decided against him, he might be the leader of the Ashen Wolves, but Byleth is still very much the Lord of Cindered Shadows. The story isn't even  focused on him that much, Cindered Shadows is the Aelfric show.

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'm confused - why did Celica use an upgraded version of Saber's signature Golden Dagger? The one she offered him as payment, and which, being a good and honest person, she would never take back for her own use? She should've used her personal weapon - you know, the Ladyblade, found in Duma Tower? Fully-forged, it gives her an effective Might of 20. And the "Flamberge" art provides a brave attack targeting Teach's weaker side.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused by how they handled the Golden Dagger too. But it is Celica's prf weapon despite the ladyblade filling out her artwork.

Also, to get technical, Sublime Heaven adds Magic x 0.3, rounded down - slightly less than one-third. Coming from a Magic stat of 19, that would add 5 points. So Teach would miss the one-shot, and Celica would survive (but not have enough HP left to counter with Fire, nor to launch a combat art the next turn).

I might look I to doing a rematch thereof there's demand for it.

Edited by Jotari

Okay, the community is certain Claude will win this one, and I'll be very surprised if they're wrong.

Spoiler

Marth 49 23 0 26 26 28 17 2 66 53 27 NA 6.328244149
Claude 51 30 12 32 31 25 21 11 76.5 59 28.5 6.62 9.666959856

Claude has 100% hit and 1% crit, Marth has 97% hit and 2% crit

Claude struck dealing 19 damage!
Marth counter attacks dealing 7 damage!
Claude attacks again dealing 19 damage!
Claude HP = 44
Marth HP = 11

Marth struck dealing 7 damage!
Claude counter attacks dealing 19 damage!

Marth is dead.
Claude HP = 37

Yeah, there's no way this is even going to go to a skills round.

Spoiler

Shield of Seals 2 2 2 2 2 2 2          
Physical Falchion A 12             100     7  
Marth 49 23 0 26 26 28 17 2 66 53 27 NA 6.328244149
Claude 51 30 12 32 31 25 21 11 76.5 59 28.5 6.62 9.666959856
Physical Failnaught 18             75     8  

Claude has a 99% hit rate and has gone down to a 0% crit rate thanks to Marth's Shield of Seals boosting lck slightly. Marth also has 100% hit rate and maintains his 2% crit rate (although I think it should be 4% with the extra 2 skill and lck he got, but I don't think that'll make a massive difference).

Claude struck dealing 29 damage!

Claude HP = 51
Marth HP = 20

Marth struck dealing 16 damage!

Marth HP = 20
Claude HP = 35

Claude struck dealing 29 damage!

Claude HP = 35
Marth is dead.

So the Shield of Seals helped Marth in so far as it stopped Claude from doubling him, but it didn't do much beyond that, Claude could still easily two hit kill Marth with precision and accuracy.

The winner is Claude 2:0

BPmt3eK.png

Join us tomorrow for Ephraim vs Elincia!...Well probably, I'm actually going on holiday tomorrow, so updates might not be as daily as they have been. I will bring my computer with me. I don't like to bring my laptop on holidays, but with the current climate I might not be able to get back into the country I live with if quarantine rules change and in a pinch my computer can be my livelihood so better safe than sorry. That does mean there might be a few updates rather than 0 for a week. I'll try and get one in tomorrow morning before my flight, at least.

So one thing that didn't come up here for Claude is his skills.  On the skills doc I gave the Three Houses characters just their weapon skills, but one skill Claude learns is Encloser. And since Failnaught has 3 range, that means Claude could actually beat every character in the tourney in a skills round by simply outprirotizing their movement, locking them in place with Encloser and then just taking potshots at them until they're dead, or at least until Failnaught runs out of durability from Encloser useage. It's a pretty unbeatable strategy. The only way around it is if other units can avoid Encloser or attack first and one shot Claude, but Claude's accuracy is really good and the only ones with a chance of out moving him are fliers who he has effective damage against. So, yeah, if you think only the weapon and or class associated combat arts should be available for a unit and not all of them, speak up. This should only be relevant for Claude since Sublime Heaven, Atrocity, Raging Storm and Swift Strikes (not a combat art from his weapon but his best one in Seteth's case) are all better than anything else the others can bring to the table (although Wind Sweep Byleth could have some interesting results).

All that being said, skills only make up one of three rounds. Just because Claude has an invincible skill strategy, doesn't mean he can't be be eliminated.

Edited by Jotari

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

I might look I to doing a rematch thereof there's demand for it.

Up to you, but again, I don't see it making a difference. 

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

So one thing that didn't come up here for Claude is his skills.  On the skills doc I gave the Three Houses characters just their weapon skills, but one skill Claude learns is Encloser. And since Failnaught has 3 range, that means Claude could actually beat every character in the tourney in a skills round by simply outprirotizing their movement, locking them in place with Encloser and then just taking potshots at them until they're dead, or at least until Failnaught runs out of durability from Encloser useage. It's a pretty unbeatable strategy. The only way around it is if other units can avoid Encloser or attack first and one shot Claude, but Claude's accuracy is really good and the only ones with a chance of out moving him are fliers who he has effective damage against. So, yeah, if you think only the weapon and or class associated combat arts should be available for a unit and not all of them, speak up. This should only be relevant for Claude since Sublime Heaven, Atrocity, Raging Storm and Swift Strikes (not a combat art from his weapon but his best one in Seteth's case) are all better than anything else the others can bring to the table (although Wind Sweep Byleth could have some interesting results).

That's an interesting point I hadn't considered. That said, are we treating this like an "arena situation"? If so, I can't imagine a "lock in place" attack actually having any effect. Since, in an arena, the ability of a unit to launch their attack in the next round doesn't depend on them actually moving a space or two. It's assumed that the units can get to one another to attack, so long as their weapon has the proper attack range. So I'd say allow Encloser, but just assume its "freeze in place" effect won't actually prevent the foe from initiating next round.

Also, in the Skills round, will Claude have access to Close Counter? That could make a crucial difference. 

16 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Up to you, but again, I don't see it making a difference. 

That's an interesting point I hadn't considered. That said, are we treating this like an "arena situation"? If so, I can't imagine a "lock in place" attack actually having any effect. Since, in an arena, the ability of a unit to launch their attack in the next round doesn't depend on them actually moving a space or two. It's assumed that the units can get to one another to attack, so long as their weapon has the proper attack range. So I'd say allow Encloser, but just assume its "freeze in place" effect won't actually prevent the foe from initiating next round.

Also, in the Skills round, will Claude have access to Close Counter? That could make a crucial difference. 

I haven't listed close counter in the document for skills and weapons

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gPuMGGaaTeL3yb0TlrsaGvjnvmok6mBhAbGFG8ya2pM/edit#gid=0

For the Three Houses skills I decided to uniformly give them their weapon combat art, faire skill, prowess skill and relevant class skills. This means Pmp and Circumstances for the lords and Avoid+10 for Claude and Royal Lineage for Dimitri, Edelgard and Claude's lineage skills are useless for this since waiting without taking an action isn't allowed as it could lead to situations where both units wait without attacking as it could lead to death. Byleth also got white magic avoid as the budding talent, though I doubt I'll ever have cause for Byleth to use white magic (though combined with the prowess skill it could be a valid strategy against more inaccurate foes). I didn't even list their class combat arts like Flickering Flower since I limited myself to five columns. I feel they should be included, but then you get Claude being awkward again with Wind God and its immense range letting him do hit and run strategies which brings into questions like how big is the arena. I already let Tibarn do hit and run strategies, but that was because his movement was literally twice that of Hectors meaning he'd always be able to attack from the edge of Hector's range and retreat to safety.

As far as my own personal feelings go for close counter on Claude, considering Failnaught has 3 range and thus will be out ranging every unit bar an Alm Scendscale, removing Close Counter would probably make for more interesting battles. But I'm not keen to make unilateral decisions on such things. Another way to look at things is that Close Counter is a skill that, in Three Houses, bows get instead of a breaker skill. And considering breaker skills in Three Houses are just weapon triangle, Claude kind of deserves it because the other units are getting weapon triangle (though I'd use weapon triangle for Claude too if he ever had cause to use the sword of Begalta).

Another way to look at it is to say they don't deserve weapon rank skills at all and should only get class skills, in which case they'd lose the prowess skills. This would help to reduce the dominance of the Three Houses characters at least (though I'd feel a little something would be lost in that case since Prowess Skills are an important part of Three Houses).

Edited by Jotari

Yo, dude. Is everything alright? Did you forget the thread? Gave up on it? Like, it's been a week since your last post here. Let us know when you can.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

4 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yo, dude. Is everything alright? Did you forget the thread? Gave up on it? Like, it's been a week since your last post here. Let us know when you can.

I mentioned it at the end of the last battle. Could have highlighted it a bit more. I'm on holiday now so slight break. I have mobile but I need a proper computer to copy and paste the fights.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

I mentioned it at the end of the last battle. Could have highlighted it a bit more. I'm on holiday now so slight break. I have mobile but I need a proper computer to copy and paste the fights.

Oh, sorry, I think I may have just passed my eyes throught this line/eventually forgot it/something like this. Well, enjoy your holiday then, we await for the next battles.

Okay and I'm back. It seems people are in unanimous agreement that Alm and Edelgard should refight, so I'll line that one up for after we're finished the the first round. Until then I'll add a new option to the poll asking if people would like the future brackets to be randomized or to continue in their current fashion. But for now, let's get down to

Day 12: Ephraim vs Eirika

For the record, the community believes Ephraim will have a sure victory. Let's see if that's true.

Spoiler

Ephraim 56 27 0 28 25 25 24 14 68.5 50 26.5 10 7.515131773
Elincia 38 22 23 21 25 27 14 15 55.5 51 24 30 8.335940321

Elincia has an 81% hit rate, Ephraim has 100% and neither of them has a crit rate.

Elincia missed!
Ephraim counter attacks dealing 20 damage!

Elincia HP = 18
Ephraim HP = 56

Ephraim struck dealing 20 damage!

Ephraim HP = 56
Elincia is dead.

I actually had to do this fight twice because Serenes swalloed my post trying to load a captcha. For the reconrd, Elincia deals a measly 3 damage, so yeah, Ephraim is the clear winner.

Spoiler

Physical Siegmund 22             80     11  
Ephraim 56 27 0 28 25 25 24 14 68.5 50 26.5 10 7.515131773
Elincia 38 22 23 21 25 27 14 15 55.5 51 24 30 8.335940321
Physical Amiti 15         3 3 90     10  

Hit and crit rates remain unchanged, Elincia has an 81% hit rate, Ephraim has 100% and neither has a crit rate.

Elincia struck dealing 13 damage!
Elincia struck dealing 13 damage!
Ephraim counter attacks dealing 32 damage!
Elincia HP = 6
Ephraim HP = 30

Ephraim struck dealing 32 damage!

Ephraim HP = 30
Elincia is dead.

Ephraim, perdictably, wins again with his far higher damage and accuracy. In a skills round things would go down much the same despite Elincia having skills and Ephraim not. Elincia does have the slight chance to proc stun which might win it for her, but more often than not she won't. She also has renewal, but Ephraim deals far too much damage for that to help her much (and also, lol, she has Mercy, but that would hardly help her).

Ephraim wins 2:0

cxkrmk4.png

Join us tomorrow for Eirika vs Ike (Path of Radiance)

At this time both polls are equal between randomized brackets and seeing Ike and Eirika win. Well we'll wait a bit longer to see the randomized results, but let's figure out of the Ike can beat Eirika as we repeat a Tellius vs Magvel match for the second time in a row.

Day 13: Eirika vs Ike (Path of Radiance)

Spoiler

Eirika 47 21 0 31 31 28 20 15 76 60.5 29.5 7 7.515131773
Ike 52 26 14 25 28 22 21 14 61 53 23.5 26 6.485516261

Eirika has 100% hit and 8% crit, Ike has 91% crit.

Eirika struck dealing 5 damage!
Ike missed!

Eirika HP = 47
Ike HP = 47

Ike struck dealing 11 damage!
Eirika counter attacks dealing 5 damage!

Ike HP = 42
Eirika HP = 36

Ike missed!

Eirika HP = 36
Ike HP = 37

Ike HP = 32
Eirika HP = 25

Ike counter attacks dealing 11 damage!

Eirika HP = 14
Ike HP = 27

Ike HP = 22
Eirika HP = 3

Ike counter attacks dealing 11 damage!

Eirika is dead.
Ike HP = 17

So that took a surprisingly long time. Eirika got pretty lucky with Ike somehow managing to miss at 90% twice, but even if Ike missed literally every second attack, his damage output is still higher than Eirika. Even a crit on every second of Eirika's attacks wouldn't let her deal more damage than Ike. So the Greil Merc is the clear and obvious winner.

Spoiler

Physical Sieglinde 21             90     9  
Eirika 47 21 0 31 31 28 20 15 76 60.5 29.5 7 7.515131773
Ike 52 26 14 25 28 22 21 14 61 53 23.5 26 6.485516261
Physical Ragnell 18         5   80   5 20  

Eirika's stats remain unchanged, 100% hit 8% crit. Ike's hit is now 81% and his crit is 1%.

Eirika struck dealing 16 damage!
Ike counter attacks dealing 24 damage!

Eirika HP = 23
Ike HP = 36

Ike missed!

Ike HP = 36
Eirika HP = 23

Boom! Critical! Eirika dealt 48 damage!

Eirika HP = 23
Ike is dead.

Oh wow 0.o Eirika managed to pull it off. I thought for sure Ike would sweep this round given he can attack with Ragnell at 2 range, but Eirika scores a miraculous dodge and an even more miraculous crit.  I guess Ike will have another chance to see if the rng is in his favour with the skills round.

ROUND 3: Skills and weapons

Spoiler

Stats are the same as before, only now Ike has a 25% chance at procing aether. He also gets the hidden property of Path of Radiance Ragnell of making him immune to crits. One could maybe argue he should have had that in the second round given it's a property of the weapon and not the Path of Radiance skill system, but honestly I forgot about it until now and also things are more exciting this way.

Ike missed!

Eirika HP = 47
Ike HP = 36

Ike missed!

Ike HP = 36
Eirika HP = 47

Ike uses Aether 24 damage! 34 damage!  

Eirika is dead
Ike HP = 32

Holy cow Ike. What were you smoking before this battle? You should not have missed that much! But fortunately for him he managed to proc an aether and survive. Even though he only ever needed to hit her twice. The newly dubbed rng princess falls as Ike advanced to the next round.

Ike wins 2:1

https://i.imgur.com/lx7wyfL.png

Join us tomorrow for Eliwood vs Lucina. Can Lucina avenge her father by being victorious against another Elbian foe?

The community is split evenly between Lucina and Eliwood. Let's see if Eliwood's poor reputation fits him or if Lucina's ill fortune has her joining her dad.

Day 14: Eliwood vs Lucina

Spoiler

Eliwood 54 24 0 26 24 25 20 15 64.5 48.5 25.5 9 7.59479748
Lucina 51 30 13 28 28 23 20 13 67.5 53.5 25.5 NA 6.288777689

Eliwood has 100% hit and 3% crit,  Lucina has 100% hit and 1% crit

Eliwood struck dealing 9 damage!
Lucina counter attacks dealing 15 damage!
Lucina attacks again dealing 15 damage!
Eliwood HP = 24
Lucina HP = 42

Lucina struck dealing 15 damage!
Eliwood counter attacks dealing 9 damage!
Lucina attacks again dealing 15 damage!
Lucina HP = 33
Eliwood is dead.

Lucina absolutely destroys Eliwood, dealing more damage than him and doubling to boot. The next round probably won't be much better.

Spoiler

So I thought I'd give Eliwood the Silver Lance going into this battle, and that it meant in turn Lucina would wield a silver lance. But since Eliwood is getting doubled anyway, I think he might as well try to see what Durandal can do.

Physical Durandal (Blazing) 22             90     12  
Eliwood 54 24 0 26 24 25 20 15 64.5 48.5 25.5 9 7.59479748
Lucina 51 30 13 28 28 23 20 13 67.5 53.5 25.5 NA 6.288777689
Physical Parallel Falchion 12             80   5    

Eliwood has 100% hit and 6% crit. Lucina has 99% hit and 3% crit.

Eliwood struck dealing 26 damage!
Lucina counter attacks dealing 22 damage!
Lucina attacks again dealing 22 damage!
Eliwood HP = 10
Lucina HP = 25

Lucina used the Parallel Falchion to restore 20hp

Eliwood HP = 10
Lucina HP = 45

Eliwood struck dealing 26 damage!
Lucina counter attacks dealing 22 damage!
Lucina attacks again dealing 22 damage!
Eliwood is dead.
Lucina HP = 19

Lucina could have won on her first player phase round, but restoring 20Hp is wiser due to the 1% chance to miss. And for those wondering, if she's brought the Silver Lance, she would have lost the ability to heal, but she would have dealt 1 extra damage and the extra hit it provides from weapon triangle would probably make it better. But then Eliwood could swap to a silver lance too. But no matter what weapon they use, the first round shows that the fact remains, Lucina is both faster and stronger than Eliwood.

Lucina wins 2:0

bRTK8I3.png

Join us tomorrow for Micaiah vs Leif (Thracia 776)

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I considered getting the idea of her using the Rapier as well.

Would it have made much of a difference and made combat faster?

Oh, I didn't consider that. Yeah, a Noble Rapier would be 8mt*3 against Eliwood, so double the power of the parallel Falchion, or an extra 12 damage per attack. Yep, with a Noble Rapier she'd have enough damage to one round Eliwood. Though not with a normal rapier. I'll have to not forget that as an option for her in future as it's considerably better than the Parallel Falchion, which is something of a midtier prf weapon.

The community are putting their odds on Micaiah over Leif. Let's see if they're correct.

Day 15: Micaiah vs Leif (Thracia 776)

Spoiler

Leif 55 25 9 21 26 25 19 7 54.5 51.5 23 10.7 6.080108957
Micaiah 37 13 37 22 21 27 14 20 57.5 45 24.5 18.55 5.557293547

Leif has 100% hit and Micaiah has 96% hit. Neither has a crit rate.

Leif struck dealing 16 damage!
Micaiah counter attacks dealing 34 damage!
Leif attacks again dealing 16 damage!
Leif HP = 21
Micaiah HP = 5

Micaiah struck dealing 34 damage!

Micaiah HP = 5
Leif is dead.

So as one might expect from a battle with a squishy mage, both sides were able to deal high damage to each other. This one actually comes down to who moves first, loses. And unfortunately for Leif, his higher movement stat, usually a good thing, compels him to move first.

Spoiler

I'm going to go with the Light Brand in this battle so Leif can counter attack at range. Though he'll be dealing magical damage, so it won't be that much damage.

Physical Light Brand (Thracia Close) 12 12     10     80     10  
Leif 55 25 9 21 26 25 19 7 54.5 51.5 23 10.7 6.080108957
Micaiah 37 13 37 22 21 27 14 20 57.5 45 24.5 18.55 5.557293547
Magical Nosferatu (Radiant Dawn)   6           85     7  

Leif has 90% hit, Micaiah has 91%. Neither has a crit rate.

Leif struck dealing 23 damage!
Micaiah counter attacks dealing 36 damage!
Leif attacks again dealing 23 damage!
Leif HP = 19
Micaiah HP = 9

Micaiah struck dealing 36 damage!

Micaiah HP = 9
Leif is dead.

Another wild ride here. Leif actually has enough  damage output to 1 round Micaiah, however, Nosferatu gives Mickey enough HP to survive Leif's second attack letting her finish things on her phase. The winner is Micaiah.

Spoiler

Stats are the same as before. Leif has 26% chance of activating adept per hit while Micaiah has 22% chance of activating Corona.

Leif struck dealing 23 damage!
Micaiah counter attacks dealing 36 damage!
Leif missed! Leif used Adept, 23 damage!
Leif HP = 19
Micaiah HP = 9

Micaiah struck dealing 36 damage!

Micaiah HP = 9
Leif is dead.

So Leif managed to get lucky enough to proc adept!...but it was on a 90% missing hit, meaning he failed to secure the kill in the first round and things were a repeat of before. It's subtle, but Leif's movement is really working against him in this match up. As, like our boy Roy, Leif's light brand can actually be used as an elixer. Meaning Leif can safely enemy phase an enemy all day long while healing. Unfortunately for him, he can't do that while at full HP, and Micaiah isn't an opponent that gives him a chance for a second player phase. It might be our closest match up yet, but the winner is Micaiah.

Micaiah wins 2:1

0Qd2w9z.png

Join us tomorrow for the second last match of round 1 (the last will be Alm vs Edelgard redone) as we see Corrin face off against Sigurd!

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Looked like Leif fought and lost three rounds there.

Oh whoops. Honestly I actually fell asleep during the first and second round, so I misremembered him as winning it. Oh well, triply sure Micaiah is the deserved winner.