1. 1. Vote for your preferred semi final matches

• Tibarn vs Byleth
    • Tibarn vs Claude
    • Tibarn vs Dimitri
    • Claude vs Byleth
    • Claude vs Dimitri
    • Dimitri vs Byleth

37 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Well, you could construct "modal" Iron weapons. Like, the Iron Sword has 5 Might in 10 games, and 90 Hit in 8 games, out of the 15 in which it appears. Weight is a bit trickier (since it works differently between games) - we could assume these weapons to have 0 effective weight, since some games don't even feature a Weight mechanic. It wouldn't seem right, for instance, for Seliph and Ryoma to fight with the same weapons, but only Seliph loses speed from it.

I'd hesitate to use Bronze Weapons (the anti-crit effects make them less "boring" than Iron) or the Training Weapons (which I view as more akin to the "Slim" series).

Yeah, I think I'll make an average of all weights and hits from across the series to construct an average iron sword. Though the question still remains, should every unit use an average iron sword (or magical variation) or should I make an average iron lance and average iron axe etc too?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, I think I'll make an average of all weights and hits from across the series to construct an average iron sword. Though the question still remains, should every unit use an average iron sword (or magical variation) or should I make an average iron lance and average iron axe etc too?

I would say "yes" to average Iron Bow/Axe/Lance/Fire. Sorry to give you more work, haha. Still, I think the difference between, say, Axe and Sword users should be captured.

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I would say "yes" to average Iron Bow/Axe/Lance/Fire. Sorry to give you more work, haha. Still, I think the difference between, say, Axe and Sword users should be captured.

Not a bother. For some strange quirk of humanity, I really enjoy this kind of work. Maybe I should have become a data base programmer after all. These are the results I ended up with (ignoring the first three games in the series as I also ignore the stats in those games when stating the characters and rounding to closest whole numbers or whole fifth integer in the case of accuracy)

Name Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Hit
Iron Sword (Average) 5             90
Iron Axe (Average) 8             75
Iron Lance (Average) 7             80
Iron Bow (Average) 6             80
Fire (Average)   4           90

There's no Iron Axe in Shadows of Valentia, but that shouldn't upset things too much. It does seem slightly imperfect that swords are so much weaker and more accurate than axes and lances. I feel lances should be more in the middle, though there's no way to get more in the middle between 5 and 8 without going 6.5 I suppose.

Also holy moly I never realised how crazy low hit rates are in Thracia. Binding Blade usually gets the flak for that, but Iron Sword, Bow and Fire are all 15% lower in Thracia than in Binding Blade (axes and lances are the same). I guess people just sort of expect Thracia to be sadistic but actually respect Binding Blade as a game enough to fault it on that aspect. Either that or natural supports and leadership stars in Thracia do enough to compensate for the low hit rates.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

There's no Iron Axe in Shadows of Valentia, but that shouldn't upset things too much. It does seem slightly imperfect that swords are so much weaker and more accurate than axes and lances. I feel lances should be more in the middle, though there's no way to get more in the middle between 5 and 8 without going 6.5 I suppose.

These values look great! I think the Iron Lance is in an appropriate place, especially if we consider the "1Mt:5Hit" trade-off a reasonable one. The Iron Bow and Fire fall below this line, but each offers its own advantages (anti-flier and target Res, respectively) relative to the melee weapons.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Also holy moly I never realised how crazy low hit rates are in Thracia. Binding Blade usually gets the flak for that, but Iron Sword, Bow and Fire are all 15% lower in Thracia than in Binding Blade (axes and lances are the same). I guess people just sort of expect Thracia to be sadistic but actually respect Binding Blade as a game enough to fault it on that aspect. Either that or natural supports and leadership stars in Thracia do enough to compensate for the low hit rates.

Well, at least you can take advantage of the weapon triangle in Thracia to restore up to... *checks notes*... 5 points of Hit. On the flip side, I guess Thracia Hit rates with WTD are more forgiving than most. At least, as forgiving as a 1 RN game can be.

9 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

If Marth uses the Falchion to recover on his player phase, then Seteth would also recover HP before the next round, owing to the Spear of Assasl and Ochain Shield. Thus putting him out of range for a 2HKO from Marth (assuming no crits).

Marth would be the next to attack, so Seteth has to get out of 3HKO range, which only occurs if he has the bonus healing of the Chicol Crest, and I am assuming that the no-skills round is excluding the effects of crest as well.

That being said the Seliph round has made perfectly clear that this is just going to be a fight between the Three houses Lords, stats have been balance to give a more even footing, but the same has not been done with skills and weapons, and as this round shows even brokenly powerful weapons pale in comparison to brokenly powerful skills, and the Three Houses crew have the most power crept skills.

Here go the future prediction:

Spoiler

Ike wins, has access to skills

Dimitri wins has access to skills

Xander wins has access to newer, and better skills.

Byleth wins, has access to newer, and better skills.

Chrom wins, has access to skills.

Claude wins, has access to skills.

Elincia it depends, if she has the Mercy skill that she comes with in the late game it is literally impossible for her to win, otherwise Elincia wins, has access to skills

Lucina wins, has access to skills

Micaiah might just barely be bad enough to loose despite having newer skills, just like the Azura case, so Lief wins

The Corrin fight might actually be close, depending on which skills she is getting from Nohrian trust, but still Corrin has access to newer and better skills, and will probably win

Round 2

Seteth wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Edelgard wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Ryoma wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Dimitri wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Byleth wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Claude wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Depends on if Dual Strike+ is a dead skill or not, if Lucina's broken skills are rendered inoperable Ike wins, otherwise Lucina wins

Corrin wins, better and newer skills

Round 3

Edelgard wins, better skills

Dimitri wins, newer and better skills

Claude v Byleth could go either way

Corrin wins, has newer and better skills

While I am uncertain from here, its going to be Edelgard/Dimitri vs Clause/Byleth as the finals

8 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Well, you could construct "modal" Iron weapons. Like, the Iron Sword has 5 Might in 10 games, and 90 Hit in 8 games, out of the 15 in which it appears. Weight is a bit trickier (since it works differently between games) - we could assume these weapons to have 0 effective weight, since some games don't even feature a Weight mechanic. It wouldn't seem right, for instance, for Seliph and Ryoma to fight with the same weapons, but only Seliph loses speed from it.

I'd hesitate to use Bronze Weapons (the anti-crit effects make them less "boring" than Iron) or the Training Weapons (which I view as more akin to the "Slim" series).

Yes, basically you should padronize the iron weaapon and make them all have the same might and 0 weight, it would be more fair since, by fighting with the same weapon, no one would have any advantage. You really want to see which UNIT is better overall in this round, not which weapon.

Maaaaaaaaaaaybe you could give them some weight since units with high con have an advantage over low con units, or rather, they have an atribute that make them better so you could account it if you wanted, but its not really necessary.

Now if you change this, are you going to re do all of the past "no weapons" round? Or you'll just leave it at that and change round 1 from now on?

EDIT: Sorry, I didnt see that there was a 3rd page before posting this so I didnt see that you already decided on the matter of the iron weapons 😛

Edited by ARMADS!!!

7 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yes, basically you should padronize the iron weaapon and make them all have the same might and 0 weight, it would be more fair since, by fighting with the same weapon, no one would have any advantage. You really want to see which UNIT is better overall in this round, not which weapon.

Maaaaaaaaaaaybe you could give them some weight since units with high con have an advantage over low con units, or rather, they have an atribute that make them better so you could account it if you wanted, but its not really necessary.

Now if you change this, are you going to re do all of the past "no weapons" round? Or you'll just leave it at that and change round 1 from now on?

EDIT: Sorry, I didnt see that there was a 3rd page before posting this so I didnt see that you already decided on the matter of the iron weapons 😛

Your input is still welcome. And no, I don't think I'll redo any rounds.

27 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Your input is still welcome. And no, I don't think I'll redo any rounds.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Marth would be the next to attack, so Seteth has to get out of 3HKO range, which only occurs if he has the bonus healing of the Chicol Crest, and I am assuming that the no-skills round is excluding the effects of crest as well.

That being said the Seliph round has made perfectly clear that this is just going to be a fight between the Three houses Lords, stats have been balance to give a more even footing, but the same has not been done with skills and weapons, and as this round shows even brokenly powerful weapons pale in comparison to brokenly powerful skills, and the Three Houses crew have the most power crept skills.

Here go the future prediction:

Reveal hidden contents

Dimitri wins has access to skills

Xander wins has access to newer, and better skills.

Byleth wins, has access to newer, and better skills.

Chrom wins, has access to skills.

Claude wins, has access to skills.

Elincia it depends, if she has the Mercy skill that she comes with in the late game it is literally impossible for her to win, otherwise Elincia wins, has access to skills

Lucina wins, has access to skills

Micaiah might just barely be bad enough to loose despite having newer skills, just like the Azura case, so Lief wins

The Corrin fight might actually be close, depending on which skills she is getting from Nohrian trust, but still Corrin has access to newer and better skills, and will probably win

Round 2

Seteth wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Edelgard wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Ryoma wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Dimitri wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Byleth wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Claude wins, has newer and more broken skills.

Depends on if Dual Strike+ is a dead skill or not, if Lucina's broken skills are rendered inoperable Ike wins, otherwise Lucina wins

Corrin wins, better and newer skills

Round 3

Edelgard wins, better skills

Dimitri wins, newer and better skills

Claude v Byleth could go either way

Corrin wins, has newer and better skills

While I am uncertain from here, its going to be Edelgard/Dimitri vs Clause/Byleth as the finals

Skills only matter in one of the three rounds. And Alm vs Edelgard was actually pretty close. In fact if we were using the Iron Weapon system instead of no weapon system, then Alm likely would have won before it went to a skills round. Ryoma is also pretty uniquely equipped to take out Seliph (and Sigurd) as it's the 1-2 range that helped him more than anything else. In fact, of the two, I'd say Seliph has more broken skills with complete immunity to other skills and crits and massive dodge tank potential if he ever falls below 10hp.

That being said, I fully expect Dimitri to be the champion as even adjusted his strength is crazy high and Atroicty is likely to one shot anyone.

Edited by Jotari

42 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That being said, I fully expect Dimitri to be the champion as even adjusted his strength is crazy high and Atroicty is likely to one shot anyone.

I wonder, though - how will Atrocity interact with Nihil? In FE4, it prevents all effective damage, so it stands to reason that, in a hypothetical Seliph-Dimitri matchup, Atrocity would be dealing neutral damage. Alternatively, given its wording (that is, preventing enemy combat skills), Nihil might neutralize any attempt the enemy makes at combat arts. Unfortunately, given that Nihil doesn't exist in any game with combat arts, we can't know for certain. But assuming RD!Ike makes a real run to victory, the question of "how does Nihil work in an intergame matchup?" may have meaningful implications. 

7 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I wonder, though - how will Atrocity interact with Nihil? In FE4, it prevents all effective damage, so it stands to reason that, in a hypothetical Seliph-Dimitri matchup, Atrocity would be dealing neutral damage. Alternatively, given its wording (that is, preventing enemy combat skills), Nihil might neutralize any attempt the enemy makes at combat arts. Unfortunately, given that Nihil doesn't exist in any game with combat arts, we can't know for certain. But assuming RD!Ike makes a real run to victory, the question of "how does Nihil work in an intergame matchup?" may have meaningful implications. 

Well for Atrocity specifically I would say that yes, the effective damage would be negated from Genealogy Nihil. That is one of the basic effects of Nihil. As for wether it should outright negate combat arts, I'll put that to a community pole.

Before I start the next one, does anyone know if individual attacks of Aether can miss in Radiant Dawn? I'm pretty sure they can in Awakening, but I'm less sure about Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Jotari

Okay, I've googled it an Aether can indeed miss.

So now, onto Roy vs Ike (Radiant Dawn)!

ROUND 1: Iron weapons, no skills

Spoiler
Ike 55 27 8 27 25 15 20 8 61.5 45 21 37 6.483509138
  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Hit Eva Crit Weight/Con Move
Roy 54 24 0 29 28 33 20 18 74.5 58.5 31 8 6.457565254

So it turns out Roy and Ike's movement is actually super similar. You have to go go the second decimal place to find a difference. Ike's 7 Radiant Dawn movement is still slightly more than Roy's 6 Binding Blade movement though. So Ike gets priority.

Ike has 93% hit, Roy has 100% hit and Roy has 16% crit.

Ike struck dealing 12 damage!
Roy counter attacks dealing 9 damage!

Ike HP = 46
Roy HP = 42

Roy struck dealing 9 damage!
Ike counter attacks dealing 12 damage!

Roy HP = 30
Ike HP = 37

Ike HP = 28
Roy HP = 18

Ike missed!

Roy HP = 18
Ike HP = 19

Ike HP = 10
Roy HP = 6

Ike counter attacks dealing 12 damage!

Roy is dead.
Ike HP = 1

Okay, wow. I thought Ike would absolutely destroy Roy with an Iron Sword, but that was actually surprisingly close. Ike is dealing more damage per hit, but he has a slightly lower hit rate and Roy has a crit rate that could, I would even say should have, turned the battle around. But unfortunately for Roy he never managed to proc a crit and Ike takes the round.

ROUND 2: Weapons, no skills

Spoiler

Now let's have Roy and Ike face off with two of the best weapons in the series.

Physical Ragnell 18         5   80   5 20  
Physical Binding Blade 18         5 5 95   10 8  

Ike has 83% hit rate, Roy has 100% hit rate and a 26% crit rate.

Ike struck dealing 20 damage!
Roy counter attacks dealing 17 damage!

Ike HP = 38
Roy HP = 34

Roy uses the Binding Blade to restore himself to full health.

Ike missed!

Ike HP = 21
Roy HP = 54

Roy struck dealing 17 damage!
Ike counter attacks dealing 20 damage!

Roy HP = 34
Ike HP = 4

Ike is dead.
Roy HP = 14

The battle goes to Roy. Using the Binding Blade to heal himself, Roy actually has a pretty easy battle. Ike's lack of crit rate means he never stands a chance at breaking through Roy's ability to regen. And even if this ability were removed, Roy's 26% crit chance (which he again somehow failed to proc) is nothing to sneeze at. Turns out Radiant Dawn Ike is lacking in luck as a stat.

ROUND 3: Weapons and skills

Spoiler

Nothing changed here compared to last time. Since Roy doesn't have any skills for Nihil to negate, the only difference is Ike's 13.5% chance of proccing an Aether.

Ike HP = 38
Roy HP = 34

Roy uses the Binding Blade to restore himself to full health

Ike uses Aether. Ike deals 20 damage, Ike misses!

Ike HP = 41
Roy HP = 34

Ike HP = 24
Roy HP = 34

Ike HP = 7
Roy HP = 34

Roy struck dealing 17 damage!

Roy HP = 34
Ike is dead.

Somehow Roy again fails to proc a crit rate with a pretty decent chance, I swear I'm not rigging that, he's just getting bad rolls for crits. Fortunately he got a good enough roll to dodge to Luna part of Ike's Aether.

This might be the first true curve ball of the tourney. Strange as it is to hear, Roy beats Ike 2:1. The Health restoring affect of Binding Blade is a pretty broken element for a tourney like this, in actual Binding Blade the durability is so low and the existence of physic and elixirs makes it completely superfluous. but for a 1 on 1 combat, it means you have to take out Roy in one attack or you're not taking him down at all. Aether has that potential, if it hits with both attacks, but even with that factored in, Roy's crit chance (despite somehow failing to proc a 1 in 4 chance in 9 different attacks and also failing a 16%  chance in 6 attacks) is higher than Ike's Aether proc, so the battle still statistically goes to Roy.

kYMaCMl.png

Next up is Kris vs Dimitri. Hmm. You guys did make her a Hero. Maybe she should use a Silver Axe instead of Mercurius. I did consider letting her use Hautclere, but that's clearly Minerva's weapon. Still if people want to let her take hold of it to improve her chances at one of the tourney's favorites, then I'll allow it.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

This might be the first true curve ball of the tourney. Strange as it is to hear, Roy beats Ike 2:1. The Health restoring affect of Binding Blade is a pretty broken element for a tourney like this, in actual Binding Blade the durability is so low and the existence of physic and elixirs makes it completely superfluous. but for a 1 on 1 combat, it means you have to take out Roy in one attack or you're not taking him down at all. Aether has that potential, if it hits with both attacks, but even with that factored in, Roy's crit chance (despite somehow failing to proc a 1 in 4 chance in 9 different attacks and also failing a 16%  chance in 6 attacks) is higher than Ike's Aether proc, so the battle still statistically goes to Roy.

Damn, was not expecting this. I guess Roy is intent on reminding us that he is, indeed, our boy. At least it goes to show that "being from a game with skills" is not some "be all, end all" of unit performance. 

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Next up is Kris vs Dimitri. Hmm. You guys did make her a Hero. Maybe she should use a Silver Axe instead of Mercurius. I did consider letting her use Hautclere, but that's clearly Minerva's weapon. Still if people want to let her take hold of it to improve her chances at one of the tourney's favorites, then I'll allow it.

Kind of funny to see F!Kris as a Hero, when that class is only available to M!Kris. Anyway, Hauteclere does come with Minerva, but it's not a Prf. For my part, I think a "legendary weapon vs. legendary weapon" fight would be the most even-handed, especially since Hauteclere won't be coming up on anyone else this contest.

7 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Damn, was not expecting this. I guess Roy is intent on reminding us that he is, indeed, our boy. At least it goes to show that "being from a game with skills" is not some "be all, end all" of unit performance. 

Ike really only had on skill going for him. I think the Three Houses lords will still be pretty hard to take down.

7 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Kind of funny to see F!Kris as a Hero, when that class is only available to M!Kris. Anyway, Hauteclere does come with Minerva, but it's not a Prf. For my part, I think a "legendary weapon vs. legendary weapon" fight would be the most even-handed, especially since Hauteclere won't be coming up on anyone else this contest.

Yeah, I just chose female Kris because I'd already decided on male Robin, female Corrin and male Byleth. I would say I have some slight preference for female Kris's design, but to me it's not really Kris if they're not wearing some sort of out of place hat.

Yeah... Roy is really our boy. Also...

WTF?!!! CAN THE BINDING BLADE HEAL?????????!!!! ALL THIS TIME, I.... I PLAYED THE WHOLE GAME AND NEVER! EVER! KNEW THIS! AND... 30 HP???? THATS TOO MUCH! ITS TOO OP!!! JUST, HOW????? (does it spend uses to heal? or its like infinite uses to restore health and the durability only decreases in attacks?)

Also, just curious, but since the rules change depending on the game, how higher one's speed have to be to double the foe in this contest?

Also, Dimitri will surely beat Kriss. I never played 3H but I know that Atrocity could dilacerate anyone. Is it an ability that he has all the time or it has a proc chance? cuz if its always there then he has a guaranteed round in every battle!

Yeah... Roy is really our boy. Also...

WTF?!!! CAN THE BINDING BLADE HEAL?????????!!!! ALL THIS TIME, I.... I PLAYED THE WHOLE GAME AND NEVER! EVER! KNEW THIS! AND... 30 HP???? THATS TOO MUCH! ITS TOO OP!!! JUST, HOW????? (does it spend uses to heal? or its like infinite uses to restore health and the durability only decreases in attacks?)

Yes, I believe it costs a durability use to heal, which makes it not that great an effect in game as the Binding Blade's durability is rather low.

Also, just curious, but since the rules change depending on the game, how higher one's speed have to be to double the foe in this contest?

It's set to 4 or more points of attack speed. That's the threshold in most games (form Thracia to New mystery inclusive and Three Houses, over half the games in the series). Fates and Awakening increased it to 5 while Shadow Dragon NES, Gaiden, Shadows of Valentia and Genealogy have is as low as 1 point higher (Old Mystery is an odd duck putting it at 3 or more).

Also, Dimitri will surely beat Kriss. I never played 3H but I know that Atrocity could dilacerate anyone. Is it an ability that he has all the time or it has a proc chance? cuz if its always there then he has a guaranteed round in every battle!

Yes, Dimitri can use it on his player phase whenever he wants. Celica with a double ragnarok could potentially take him out, but Dimitri almost certainly out prioritizes her movement as Edelgard had more movement than Alm (and Alm has more move than Celica and Emperor Edelgard has less movement than Dimitri). Celica's Nosferatau or Thani probably can't deal enough damage despite being magic either. Really the only unit I can think off the top of my head that could get around Atrocity would be Claude, by out bullshitting the bullshit with Failnaught's Fallen Star. Though we'll see how Kris manages with Hautclete. Perhaps weapon triangle advantage will give Dimitri hit issues (though even then in the skills round he will have Lance Prowess to patch up such issues).

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yes, Dimitri can use it on his player phase whenever he wants. Celica with a double ragnarok could potentially take him out, but Dimitri almost certainly out prioritizes her movement as Edelgard had more movement than Alm (and Alm has more move than Celica and Emperor Edelgard has less movement than Dimitri). Celica's Nosferatau or Thani probably can't deal enough damage despite being magic either. Really the only unit I can think off the top of my head that could get around Atrocity would be Claude, by out bullshitting the bullshit with Failnaught's Fallen Star. Though we'll see how Kris manages with Hautclete. Perhaps weapon triangle advantage will give Dimitri hit issues (though even then in the skills round he will have Lance Prowess to patch up such issues).

Yeah, or as you put in the poll: someone with Nihill could manage to not die as a victim of Atrocity I guess.

5 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

And it also can restore Roy from status ailments.

That one I think's for free.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh... then this is worth it. But using one of the precious 20 uses of the Binding Blade to restore some HP is a really bad (decision unless you're like, in the very end of the game and know that you have some spare uses that will be left unused anyway)

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Status ailments would just be poison, considering he can't actively use it if sleeped or berserked. And I don't think there even are any poison inducing enemies in the last three chapters (if he got it before the Apocalypse Gaiden then it'd be somewhat useful there though).

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Status ailments would just be poison, considering he can't actively use it if sleeped or berserked. And I don't think there even are any poison inducing enemies in the last three chapters (if he got it before the Apocalypse Gaiden then it'd be somewhat useful there though).

Nope, it restores Sleep, seen it myself.

Just now, Dayni said:

Nope, it restores Sleep, seen it myself.

He... can restore his OWN sleep...while sleeping? AAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME!!!

(also how do you know that he cant restore poison if there's no poison inducing enemies from the point you get the Binding Blade? did you try hacking the game or in fact the IS an enemy that can poison and you tried to restore Roy's status with the BB but couldn't?)

Okay, so we have an axed focused (female) Hero Kris. A rather unorthodox Kris choice, but let's see how they handle Dimitri.

Spoiler
Physical Iron Axe (Average) 8             75        
Kris/Hero 58 25 0 31 27 26 20 6 75 53.5 28.5 NA 7.232279028
Dimitri 62 36 10 25 28 16 24 10 58 50 20.5 7.88 7.250219892
Physical Iron Lance (Average) 7             80        

Another case where movement is almost identical. We have to go to the second decimal place for movement in which Dimitri wins out.

Dimitri has 70% hit chance, Kris has 100% hit chance and 13% crit chance

Dimitri struck dealing 23 damage!
Kris/Hero counter attacks dealing 9 damage!

Dimitri HP = 53
Kris/Hero HP = 35

Kris/Hero struck dealing 9 damage!
Dimitri counter attacks dealing 23 damage!

Kris/Hero HP = 12
Dimitri HP = 44

Dimitri missed!

Dimitri HP = 35
Kris/Hero HP = 12

Boom! Critical! Kris/Hero dealt 27 damage!

Kris/Hero is dead.
Dimitri HP = 8

Oh wow. From the first hit I was thinking "well this is emblematic of how the entire match will go", but it ended up being quite close...that being said, the fact that Kris was lucky enough to get both a dodge and a Crit, yet still failed to secure the win is also quite telling how this will go down.

Spoiler
Physical Hauteclere 20             80   10 9  
Physical Areadbhar 19             75   10 9  

Dimitri has 65% hit and 5% crit, Krirs has 100% hit and 23% crit.

Dimitri struck dealing 35 damage!
Kris/Hero counter attacks dealing 21 damage!

Dimitri HP = 41
Kris/Hero HP = 23

Kris/Hero struck dealing 21 damage!
Dimitri counter attacks dealing 35 damage!

Kris/Hero is dead.
Dimitri HP = 20

Dimitri wins 2:0

It's not impossible for Kris to pull off a win. In fact, the odds are pretty decent. They just need to proc one hit at 23% chance in two attacks, or, with much better odds, avoid one of Dimitri's attacks. Unfortunately for Kris, fortune didn't flow in their favor in this round with no crits and Dimitri connecting with both his attacks. There's no point in going to a round three as Dimtiri has won already, but just to point out that Lance Prowess does a lot to patch up Dimitri's hit issues and even the normally useless skill of pomp and circumstance provides Dimitri with some extra luck to reduce the crit chances against him. And that's before you even throw in Atrocity. So yeah, Dimitri in the skills round is quite the menace, but Kris shows how, while it didn't happen here, someone could potentially take Dimitri out before it goes to a skills round. Unfortunately we've just lost two of our primary axe users in the tourney with Kris and Ike. The only axe users remaining are Genealogy Leif and Dimitri's age old nemesis, Edelgard.

gqhjVvk.png

Join us tomorrow, for Robin vs Xander.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Okay, so we have an axed focused (female) Hero Kris. A rather unorthodox Kris choice, but let's see how they handle Dimitri.

Hide contents
Physical Iron Axe (Average) 8             75        
Physical Iron Lance (Average) 7             80        

Another case where movement is almost identical. We have to go to the second decimal place for movement in which Dimitri wins out.

Dimitri has 70% hit chance, Kris has 100% hit chance and 13% crit chance

Dimitri struck dealing 23 damage!

Dimitri HP = 53
Kris/Hero HP = 35

Kris/Hero struck dealing 9 damage!

Kris/Hero HP = 12
Dimitri HP = 44

Dimitri missed!

Dimitri HP = 35
Kris/Hero HP = 12

Boom! Critical! Kris/Hero dealt 27 damage!

Kris/Hero is dead.
Dimitri HP = 8

Oh wow. From the first hit I was thinking "well this is emblematic of how the entire match will go", but it ended up being quite close...that being said, the fact that Kris was lucky enough to get both a dodge and a Crit, yet still failed to secure the win is also quite telling how this will go down.

Hide contents
Physical Hauteclere 20             80   10 9  
Physical Areadbhar 19             75   10 9  

Dimitri has 65% hit and 5% crit, Krirs has 100% hit and 23% crit.

Dimitri struck dealing 35 damage!
Kris/Hero counter attacks dealing 21 damage!

Dimitri HP = 41
Kris/Hero HP = 23

Kris/Hero struck dealing 21 damage!
Dimitri counter attacks dealing 35 damage!

Kris/Hero is dead.
Dimitri HP = 20

Dimitri wins 2:0

It's not impossible for Kris to pull off a win. In fact, the odds are pretty decent. They just need to proc one hit at 23% chance in two attacks, or, with much better odds, avoid one of Dimitri's attacks. Unfortunately for Kris, fortune didn't flow in their favor in this round with no crits and Dimitri connecting with both his attacks. There's no point in going to a round three as Dimtiri has won already, but just to point out that Lance Prowess does a lot to patch up Dimitri's hit issues and even the normally useless skill of pomp and circumstance provides Dimitri with some extra luck to reduce the crit chances against him. And that's before you even throw in Atrocity. So yeah, Dimitri in the skills round is quite the menace, but Kris shows how, while it didn't happen here, someone could potentially take Dimitri out before it goes to a skills round. Unfortunately we've just lost two of our primary axe users in the tourney with Kris and Ike. The only axe users remaining are Genealogy Leif and Dimitri's age old nemesis, Edelgard.

gqhjVvk.png

Join us tomorrow, for Robin vs Xander.

3, Hector also fell.

Also, wow... In general, I'm quite worried about Dimitri, or rather, I'm quite worried about 3H lords in general, specially in the skills round, they're pretty powerful.

I don't know much about Robin or Xander though, so I have no idea of who will win the next battle (on the other hand I was pretty sure that Dimitri was going to dilacerate Kris)