1. 1. Vote for your preferred semi final matches

• Tibarn vs Byleth
    • Tibarn vs Claude
    • Tibarn vs Dimitri
    • Claude vs Byleth
    • Claude vs Dimitri
    • Dimitri vs Byleth

7 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I dindt vote yet because I'm indecise. Like, i didnt play 3H so idk if Close counter is an important/somewhat iconic skill of him or of his weapon (like if taking it off would be the same as taking Close Counter from Ragnell), if it is, then the skill/ability should stay, in my opinion. Otherwise it would surely make it easier for the other contestants to take it off, but idk if then it would be fair to everyone or unfair to claude, since Dimitri kept something as atrocious as Atrocity (like, if you gotta nerf the guy its because he is good, and the contest is to see who is better so maybe don't take it off if it is some kind of prf skill, only if it is a skill that you just CAN give to him in his game like FE4 Rings/the stat boosters/something that he gets depending on the class), also if he kept it it would only be for one round anyway.

So thats it, idk anything about 3H but I'm leaning to say that you should keep it if its something that defines him (and ditch it if its something irrelevant). Everyone is doing their best in the contest, so Claude should too, if he (or another 3H lord) happens to win of course that it will not be that surprising but it will be well deserved. Also, I think that bow wielding units can use the long bow if it suits them right? So in this case other people could have 3 range too (suuuuuuuure, it would be worse than Claude's but still, also it doesnt help Roy in any way too...)

As far as it defines him, he always has it as an enemy for one (but then Dimitri and Edelgard always get distant counter which they can't get as playable characters, so this could be more just practical than character defining). For the player Close Counter is obtained by getting Bows to a certain weapon rank, and Claude specializes in bows so it's pretty natural you'll get for him (though you might not necessarily want to equip it because there are other better skills). The equivalent skill Dimitri and Edelgard would get from their main weapon ranks would be Breaker skills, which in Three Houses are essentially just the weapon triangle as skills.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This round feels like a formality already huh?

Least Leif tried, I didn't expect that to get 3 rounds.

Ephraim vs Sigurd could go either way. Both are obscene units in their own game, and obviously Tyrfing is hella powerful, but Ephraim with effecitve damage Reginleif still might be able to take him out, especially if he's fast enough to double.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Ephraim vs Sigurd could go either way. Both are obscene units in their own game, and obviously Tyrfing is hella powerful, but Ephraim with effecitve damage Reginleif still might be able to take him out, especially if he's fast enough to double.

I was on about Dimitri/Micaiah.

Ephraim will depend on doubling, but thankfully for him skills won't impact too much unless he leaves Sigurd for dead.

Day 22: Micaiah vs Dimitri

Will the ability to attack Res be enough for Micaiah to overcome the atrocity that is Dimitri? Let's find out.

Round 1: Iron Weapons

Spoiler
Micaiah 37 13 37 22 21 27 14 20 57.5 45 24.5 18.55 5.557293547
  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Hit Eva Crit Weight/Con Move
Dimitri 62 36 10 25 28 16 24 10 58 50 20.5 7.88 7.250219892

Dimitri struck dealing 29 damage!
Micaiah counter attacks dealing 31 damage!
Dimitri attacks again dealing 29 damage!
Dimitri HP = 31
Micaiah is dead.

....yeah, formality might be an apt way of describing how this will go. The winner is Dimitri.

ROUND 2: Weapons, no skills

Spoiler
Magical Nosferatu (Radiant Dawn)   6           85     7  
Micaiah 37 13 37 22 21 27 14 20 57.5 45 24.5 18.55 5.557293547
Dimitri 62 36 10 25 28 16 24 10 58 50 20.5 7.88 7.250219892
Physical Areadbhar 19             75   10 9  

Dimitri struck dealing 41 damage!

Dimitri HP = 62
Micaiah is dead.

And....Dimitri kills Micaiah in a single hit. I can't say I'm surprised, but I am a little dissapointed. Even Genealogy Leif vs Azura wasn't this one sided. Micaiah could get one hit in by using Purge first, but no way that single hit will be powerful enough to deal any real damage and I don't want to bother stating her purge weapon for a single attack that won't actually help her. Dimitri wins.

Dimitri wins 2:0

zXuvQSC.png

Join us tomorrow for Ephraim vs Sigurd, which I'm sure will be somewhat more balanced.

Edited by Jotari

Ouch. That was one-sided.

---

I think Ephraim can take this one thanks to WTA against and Siegmund being really strong as well, but it's gonna be a tight match, I think.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Ouch. That was one-sided.

---

I think Ephraim can take this one thanks to WTA against and Siegmund being really strong as well, but it's gonna be a tight match, I think.

I think Reginleif might be a better choice than Siegmund.

I think Reginleif might be a better choice than Siegmund.

Huh, you're right.

Still, 30 Mt is not exactly shabby.

Micaiah was actually doing pretty decent damage (like, it was actually higher than his), but her HP is so abhorrently low compared to Dimitri's that it didnt even matter. Like, if she had 5 more HP she could have survived the second round for at least one attack, but you know...

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Micaiah was actually doing pretty decent damage (like, it was actually higher than his), but her HP is so abhorrently low compared to Dimitri's that it didnt even matter. Like, if she had 5 more HP she could have survived the second round for at least one attack, but you know...

Her speed isn't doing her nay favours either. But that's kind of Micaiah in a nutshell.

DAY 23: Ephraim vs Sigurd

ROUND 1: Iron Weapons

Spoiler

Ephraim 56 27 0 28 25 25 24 14 68.5 50 26.5 10 7.515131773
Sigurd 60 30 0 26 22 25 22 6 64.5 45.5 25.5 0 8.515936246

Sigurd has a 95% hit rate and a 1% crit rate, while Ephraim has a 100% hit rate and a 2% crit rate.

Sigurd struck dealing 13 damage!
Ephraim counter attacks dealing 12 damage!

Sigurd HP = 48
Ephraim HP = 43

Ephraim struck dealing 12 damage!
Sigurd counter attacks dealing 13 damage!

Ephraim HP = 30
Sigurd HP = 36

Ephraim counter attacks dealing 12 damage!

Sigurd HP = 24
Ephraim HP = 17

Ephraim struck dealing 12 damage!
Sigurd counter attacks dealing 13 damage!

Ephraim HP = 4
Sigurd HP = 12

Sigurd HP = 12
Ephraim is dead.

Blow for blow it was pretty even, but he who moves first strikes harder. The winner is Sigurd.

Spoiler

Physical Reginleif 10             80   10 8  
Ephraim 56 27 0 28 25 25 24 14 68.5 50 26.5 10 7.515131773
Sigurd 60 30 0 26 22 25 22 6 64.5 45.5 25.5 0 8.515936246
Physical Tyrfing 30   10 10     20 80     7  

Sigurd has 80% hit and 1% crit. Ephraim has 100% hit and 12% crit.

Sigurd struck dealing 36 damage!
Boom! Critical! Ephraim dealt 45 damage!

Sigurd HP = 20
Ephraim HP = 20

Ephraim struck dealing 15 damage!
Sigurd counter attacks dealing 36 damage!

Ephraim is dead.
Sigurd HP = 5

A lucky crit wasn't enough to save Ephraim from the absurd might of Tyrfing. And, in fact, if this were the skills round it would have spelled Ephraim's doom by activating Sigurd's miracle. But as it turns out, there is no need for a skills round, as Sigurd is the winner.

Sigurd wins 2:0.

vLDGDEl.png

Join us tomorrow for Seteth vs Lyn!

Lyn hs a slight chancd because of bows, but I' not holding my breath. I think Seteth'll win handily enough,

I am currently 1/5 for guessing wjo wins correctly, though,

For Close Counter on Claude, I'd say it depends on whether you're allowing him to use hit-and-run kiting tactics with his high move and super canto. Building Claude without Close Counter only really makes sense if you're planning on using his mobility to stop him from ever seeing enemy phase combat.

4 hours ago, lenticular said:

For Close Counter on Claude, I'd say it depends on whether you're allowing him to use hit-and-run kiting tactics with his high move and super canto. Building Claude without Close Counter only really makes sense if you're planning on using his mobility to stop him from ever seeing enemy phase combat.

I'm certainly not going to let him use Encloser to trap and slowly kill people, but I did establish hit and run attacks as possible in Hector vs Tibarn. My rule for it will be if the character has twice the movement and canto then they can do it in the third round.  Then logically the cantoing character can approach and retreat to the edge of the other characters range in complete safety. This is something I don't think will appear again however given the characters that remain.

Day 24: Seteth vs Lyn

Round 1: Iron Weapons

Spoiler

Seteth 54 30 17 25 27 16 21 11 58 48.5 20.5 6.55 9.666959856
Lyn 47 21 0 31 31 27 15 15 75.5 60 29 6 6.509826412

Lyn has 100% hit and 13% crit. Seteth has 78% hit and 0% crit.

Seteth missed!
Lyn counter attacks dealing 6 damage!
Lyn attacks again dealing 6 damage!
Seteth HP = 42
Lyn HP = 47

Lyn struck dealing 6 damage!
Seteth counter attacks dealing 22 damage!
Lyn HP = 25
Seteth HP = 30

Seteth struck dealing 22 damage!
Lyn counter attacks dealing 6 damage!
Seteth HP = 18
Lyn HP = 3

Lyn struck dealing 6 damage!
Seteth counter attacks dealing 22 damage!

Lyn is dead.
Seteth HP = 12

A lucky miss from Seteth wasn't enough to turn the tide for Lyn. Seteth just deals a lot more damage than her. Maybe if she could have pulled a crit out of the bag she could have done it, but alas the rng goddess did not shine upon her. The winner is Seteth.

Round 2: Weapons, no skills

Spoiler

Ochain Shield           6         4  
Physical Spear of Assal 14             85   10 9  
Seteth 54 30 17 25 27 16 21 11 58 48.5 20.5 6.55 9.666959856
Physical Silver Bow (Elibe) 13             75     6  

The Ochain Shield nullifies crits, but much like Path of Radiance Ike's Ragnell, I'm going to relegate that ability to an effect and only count it in the third round.

Lyn has 100% hit and 13% crit. Seteth has 83% hit and 4% crit.

Seteth struck dealing 29 damage!

Seteth HP = 54
Lyn HP = 18

Lyn struck dealing 33 damage!

Lyn attacks again dealing 33 damage!
Lyn HP = 18
Seteth is dead.

I was considering gaming it a bit and having Lyn equip the Sol Katti on her first blow and then swapping to the Silver Bow, but she didn't even need it! She wipes Seteth out in a single round. The winner is Lyn. Silver Bow Lyn OP.

ROUND 3: Weapons and Skills

Spoiler

Ochain Shield           6         4  
Physical Spear of Assal 14             85   10 9  
Seteth 54 35 17 25 27 16 21 11 58 48.5 20.5 6.55 9.666959856
Physical Silver Bow (Elibe) 13             75     6  

Lyn has 93% hit and 0% crit rate. Seteth has 83% hit and 4% crit.

Seteth use Swift Strikes! 36 damage! Seteth missed

Seteth HP = 54
Lyn HP = 11

Lyn struck dealing 33 damage!

Lyn attacks again dealing 33 damage!
Lyn HP = 11
Seteth is dead.

Seteth is bitterly cursing the rng right now, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. In spite of the odds, a character form a game with no skills managed to triumph over a character from Three Houses in a skills round (and I know this must look suspicious as hell, but I can assure you I did not rig that miss on Seteth).

Lyn wins 2:0, knowing her look she's probably going to go up against Tibarn in the next round.

gbV40ek.png

Join us tomorrow for Claude vs Roy.

So I didn't make Marth's Falchion deal effective damage to Seteth because it doesn't deal effective damage to Wyverns in Shadow Dragon. But the Binding Blade does do effective damage to Wyverns in Binding Blade. However Wyverns aren't vulnerable to (what few) dragon effective weaponry there are in Three Houses (and to be super technical, Claude's class Barbossa doesn't exist in Binding Blade). So I've put up a poll asking whether the Binding Blade should deal effective damage. If it does, Roy might well be able to pull a Lyn and triumph over a Three Houses character. Yes, I know it's a bit late to ask the community this given the match is tomorrow, but I literally forgot about it until right this second.

EDIT: After actually checking, I've discovered, to my mild surprise, that the Binding Blade actually doesn't deal effective damage to Wyverns. The Wyrmslayer does, along with the likes of Durandal and Maltet, but the Binding Blade it's just Manaketes and Idoun.

Edited by Jotari

DAY 25: Roy vs Claude

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I wish I had a good excuse, but I just don't.

ROUND 1: Iron Weapons

Spoiler

Claude 51 30 12 32 31 25 21 11 76.5 59 28.5 6.62 9.666959856
Roy 54 24 0 29 28 33 20 18 74.5 58.5 31 8 6.457565254

Roy has 100% hit and 6% crit, Claude has 98% hit and 0% crit.

Claude struck dealing 16 damage!
Roy counter attacks dealing 8 damage!

Claude HP = 43
Roy HP = 38

Roy struck dealing 8 damage!
Claude counter attacks dealing 16 damage!

Roy HP = 22
Claude HP = 35v

Claude struck dealing 16 damage!
Roy counter attacks dealing 8 damage!

Claude HP = 27
Roy HP = 6

Roy struck dealing 8 damage!
Claude counter attacks dealing 16 damage!

Roy is dead.
Claude HP = 19

Not a great start for Roy. He has slightly more hit and crit, but not nearly enough for the Rng to go his way. Claude simply deals too much damage. The winner is Claude.

Spoiler

Physical Failnaught 18             75     8  
Claude 51 30 12 32 31 25 21 11 76.5 59 28.5 6.62 9.666959856
Physical Binding Blade 18         5 5 95   10 8  

The results are in as a draw for whether Close Counter is allowed on Claude. Meaning I'll need to decide something (oh no, not responsibility!). But at least for this round it won't matter as it'll still be a skill. And chances are probably good this won't go to a third round.

Claude has 93% hit and 0% crit.  Roy has 100% hit and 16% crit.

Claude struck dealing 23 damage!

Claude HP = 51
Roy HP = 31

Roy struck dealing 21 damage!

Roy HP = 31
Claude HP = 30

Claude HP = 30
Roy HP = 8

Roy used the Binding Blade to heal 30hp!

Roy HP = 38
Claude HP = 30

Claude HP = 30
Roy HP = 15

Roy HP = 45
Claude HP = 30

Claude HP = 30
Roy HP = 22

Roy HP = 52
Claude HP = 30

Claude HP = 30
Roy HP = 29

Roy struck dealing 21 damage!

Roy HP = 29
Claude HP = 9

Claude HP = 9
Roy HP = 6

Boom! Critical! Roy dealt 63 damage!

Roy HP = 6
Claude is dead.

Victory to Roy! He had to really abuse healing strats, but because Claude dealt less than 30 damage and couldn't counter attack Roy, Roy was able to gain a profit in HP by relentlessly healing. And then of course he finishes it off with a completely unnecessary crit XD The win was very hard earned for Roy, though I don't think it'll help him in the coming battle, but for now he can bask in a moment of victory.

ROUND 3: Weapon and Skills

Spoiler

Physical Failnaught 18             75     8  
Claude 51 35 12 32 31 29 21 11 76.5 59 28.5 6.62 9.666959856
Physical Binding Blade 18         5 5 95   10 8  

And I'm going to come down on the side of not giving Claude close counter, as I have a nice list now of five columns on the skills table and giving him an extra one would ruin it. As for the changes here, Claude is getting additional strength from Bow Faire and also additional luck from Pomp and Circumstances. He also has a 15% hit boost and a whopping 25 avoid between bow prowess and flying avoid+10. Add to that his combat art and yeah, Three Houses characters don't mess around in skills round (though it still wasn't enough for Seteth).

Claude has 100% hit and 0% crit. Roy has 85% hit and 2% crit.

Claude used Fallen Star: 38 damage!

Claude HP = 51
Roy HP = 16

Roy missed due to Fallen Star!

Roy HP = 16
Claude HP = 51

Claude used Fallen Star!
Boom! Critical! Claude dealt 114 damage!

Claude HP = 51
Roy is dead.

Oh yeah...Fallen Star gives Claude immunity for one round of combat...so he is just plain invincible in a skills round, unless his opponent can heal to outlast the durability of Failnaught or one shot him...Claude also pulled a leaf out of Roy's book and finished things with a completely unnecessary crit (what's that you say? He had a 0% crit rate, yeah well on top of making Claude invincible, Fallen Star gives a 10% crit boost). I could have had Roy heal in his second round, but since Claude deals more damage than Roy heals, it would have been a hopeless situation. Although Fallen Star can only be used four times. It would be nice to imagine Roy outlasting Failnaught and making Claude rely on his much ignored second prf weapon, the Sword of Begalta, but that 6% crit from Claude erased that possibility, and even if he didn't and Roy focused only on healing, Failnaught dealing 8 damage more than Roy can heal and Roy being reduced to 16HP on the first hit means Claude would have killed Roy with the third use of Failnaught.

The winner is Claude.

Claude wins 2:1

OtzbfEo.png

Join us tomorrow for...the Quarter Finals!

Ah unnecessary crits, definitely a threat.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Lyn has seven potential opponents to face and two of them are flying. So she has 22% chance of facing a flying enemy and meming her way to the top with a Silver Bow.

Honestly let's go, though I'd still feel like it's a Tibarn/Dimitri lead here.

So are we randomising again?

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ah unnecessary crits, definitely a threat.

Honestly let's go, though I'd still feel like it's a Tibarn/Dimitri lead here.

So are we randomising again?

Yep. I think for the semi finals I'll let people choose the match ups though. Unless two characters from the same title make it in (which is likely), I'd like to avoid characters from the same title fighting if possible as the whole point is cross game battles.

Okay. Here are the brackets for the semi finals.

HltcrQZ.png

Rather than jumping straight into the next fight I think I'll let people speculate for another day. I think, of matches, Tibarn vs Ryoma will be the most interesting. Ryoma has a lot going for him in a competition such as this, but Tibarn, even though he doesn't have 1-2 range, might be fast enough to put Ryoma in his place. It's a shame Tibarn doesn't have any of those anti 2 range skills that are never actually used that laguz in Radiant Dawn has. Though he does still straight up have Aegis and Tear, so he might have a slight advantage in the skills round (then again Swordfaire and Astra are pretty dangerous too).

HltcrQZ.png

Rather than jumping straight into the next fight I think I'll let people speculate for another day. I think, of matches, Tibarn vs Ryoma will be the most interesting. Ryoma has a lot going for him in a competition such as this, but Tibarn, even though he doesn't have 1-2 range, might be fast enough to put Ryoma in his place. It's a shame Tibarn doesn't have any of those anti 2 range skills that are never actually used that laguz in Radiant Dawn has. Though he does still straight up have Aegis and Tear, so he might have a slight advantage in the skills round (then again Swordfaire and Astra are pretty dangerous too).

So on Tibarn, how is his Pavise treated? Considering it has a chance of blocking all attacks instead of damage reduction.

As for our next round, I suspect Byleth will focus on SotC, but might he use Fire in the first round?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So on Tibarn, how is his Pavise treated? Considering it has a chance of blocking all attacks instead of damage reduction.

As for our next round, I suspect Byleth will focus on SotC, but might he use Fire in the first round?

Pavise will be like it is in Radiant Dawn. Which means complete nullification.

I don't see any reason why Byleth can't use Fire. Sigurd used lances in his last Iron Weapons round just to get a crucial extra point of mt. Though the way I'm doing the Iron Weapons round means units can always counter attack, Linked Arena style.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't see any reason why Byleth can't use Fire. Sigurd used lances in his last Iron Weapons round just to get a crucial extra point of mt. Though the way I'm doing the Iron Weapons round means units can always counter attack, Linked Arena style.

I get that, mostly asked due to Sigurd having Kaga tier Res.