Regrets, Oopsies, and Rage Quit Moment Gallery

kradeelav

Play enough of FEH, and there'll likely be a few moments that you'll never forget of foddering off a favorite, fumble-fingering an easy AR win, pulling for something you regretted later ... describe those moments here to make us all feel better about our own mistakes ~

I'll start with a few:

• I didn't know defense tiles gave defense for a good 6 months. :"D
  • pulling 300+ extra orbs for Fallen Dimitri after sparking on the fallen banner when I don't even like... dimitri.. and ultimately just foddered his Odd Tempest to Jill because he was worthless for my playstyle. :')
  • speaking of wyverns with odd tempest: Once I lost so badly in Arena to a Galeforce Y!Minerva with a Tempest that singlehandedly nuked my T20~ competitive team, that I'm pretty sure it scarred me for FEH life.
  • Feathering Fiora when I was strapped for feathers (I do a lot of grail projects) before I realized how valuable Pegasus Flight was. Thankfully I got two copies of her as pitybreakers eventually - one's on Sigrun and the other will likely go on Tanith when/if she appears.

A long time ago before the grail shop existed I decided to fodder of a Tobin. I believe I really needed that Pivot for a GHB clear or something. It did't cost me anything at the time, but then I wanted to +10 Tobin.

So one small inheritence cost me a extra 500 grails and months of waiting. All that for a unit that isn't even good.

My biggest oopsie was recent.

I had done 30 out of 40 pulls on the Ashen Wolves/Muspell banner, mainly planning to spark for Muspell. The last day it was running was when I usually go to visit my 1½ year old niece (so it was either a Sunday or Wednesday, and in my time zone FEH's daily reset is at 11 pm). When I came home, I had completely forgotten about the banner and missed my chance to spark. And I had plenty of orbs that I could easily spare another 40 to finish the job. Why I didn't just spark the previous day, honestly I don't know what I was thinking that day.

Needless to say, I was very pissed at myself. Still kind of am. I have Nifl, but I have several blue dragons already and no red dragons aside from Sothis (and Ena). Hopefully Muspell will be on this month's mythic banner, since Nifl was on last month's.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

I tried too hard to find a way for Brave Ike to beat the hardest Ullr map, wasted a good chunk of a day dedicating resources to it.

Eventually I just scrapped the idea and beat it with Clarisse and 3 specifically built dancers.

- Too many times have I told a unit to do something (such as using an assist skill or striking an enemy) from a particular grid square, and instead they jump over to a SIGNIFICANTLY LESS ADVANTAGEOUS  grid square instead...which, at times, cost me the match.

- Pulling for Legendary Robin, getting, like, 3 Jaffars instead, and then getting an 11% pity rate...without getting said unit. To this day, I do not have her.

- Thinking Flying Nowi's tome was inheritable and pulling for her.

- Thinking Nifl Frostflowers were inheritable, pulling for Bride Sanaki as a result, and still not getting her.

- Getting robbed by Christmas Tharja last year without managing to pull her, then getting robbed by Plegian Tharja a little later and again, not managing to pull her. I think Tharja knows I'm just going to fodder her. (Maybe. Plegian is so on-theme that I might keep a copy around. ...But I was going to give her tome to Robin for the thematic consistency.)

Ah, my biggest regret. I never knew that I could use skills already on units for some reason, and exclusively used crappy inherited skills for... a long amount of time. I wasted so much time on maps I could've easily done. Also, the countless amount of times I've lost an Arena battle because of some stupid mistake I made for one reason or another. I also hardly saved up orbs in my first year of playing too.

Had an AR fight where I didn't need to move on the first turn, because my units were already in the right place to bait the enemy safely, so i opened the menu to click end turn. Misclicked auto-battle instead. I didn't win.

Edited by Kori

Simultaneously building Gatekeeper and Dozla for AR, I pulled up one of my extra Celicas to sacrifice for DD3 in preparation for having Dozla inherit DD4... and then saw that I'd accidentally fed her to Gatekeeper instead.

Thankfully I had more so it wasn't a big deal, but it sure stung at the time.

There's absolutely more regrets but these are the ones I can recall right now:

• Foddering extra Arden copies for Drive Def. The skill isn't even that good and Arden has become an excellent unit to invest into. 
  • Blowing all my orbs on Summer Freyja right before CYL5. To make it worse, she didn't show up and I was left with like a 6% pity rate (it was 7, but a pity breaker Pent brought it down). 
  • Going on an Brave Ike killing spree for Steady Breath. The most egregious one was that I gave Steady Breath to F!Celica...what the hell was I thinking there when Celica is more of a Player Phase type of unit?
  • Wasting Dragonflowers on units I haven't used in ages.

Giving a skill to a unit that could've been better utilized on another unit, or missing the chance to put a certain skill on a unit because you wanted to give a different skill away to another unit.

Not necessarily a regret all the time, just something that makes me think, "Oh, what could have been..."

(Dishonorable Mention: Misclicking when you inherit a skill so you don't inherit everything you wanted to.)

I have got a few also:

A) When Fallen Edelgard was revealed. Now I need to construct teams specifically designed to counter her in Arena and Aether Raids.

B) When my finger slips off the screen by accident, moving my unit into an unfavorable position.

C) I initially thought there was terrain bonus in this game.- I also thought I could evade attacks.

2 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

C) I initially thought there was terrain bonus in this game.- I also thought I could evade attacks.

Technically forts do give a 20% def boost iirc.  I do wish that mountains/trees also gave some like the mainline games though.

17 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Giving a skill to a unit that could've been better utilized on another unit, or missing the chance to put a certain skill on a unit because you wanted to give a different skill away to another unit.

Oh lord, my HB4 + Dive Bomb Naesala p!Tibarn Clone that was built right before his forma was announced feels this ...

2 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

A) When Fallen Edelgard was revealed. Now I need to construct teams specifically designed to counter her in Arena and Aether Raids.

Pretty much everyone does, and it really sucks that players need have some kind of dedicated counter for a single unit like that (although that's how it was back in the days when units like Takumi, Hector, Reinhardt, and Brave Lyn [the latter two could easily be checked by a Gronnraven+TA+Bowbreaker Dancer Inigo] were dominating the meta, but it definitely feels a lot worse with F!Edelgard since she's such an oppressive unit in so many ways).

6 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Technically forts do give a 20% def boost iirc.  I do wish that mountains/trees also gave some like the mainline games though.

It's damage reduction equal to 30% of the unit's Def or Res.

Specifically worded in this manner because skills that determine their effects based on Def or Res (Moonbow, Bonfire, Dragon Wall, etc.) are unaffected by the fortification tile's effects.

9 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Eh, we've had threats like this for ages. Every time the meta begins to settle down, we'll get something new to force players to consider new builds.

It was Takumi and Hector before Skill Inheritance was a thing. Then we got Reinhardt and Brave Lyn. Then Surtr.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Specifically worded in this manner because skills that determine their effects based on Def or Res (Moonbow, Bonfire, Dragon Wall, etc.) are unaffected by the fortification tile's effects.

Huh, I hadn't realized it was damage reduction rather than a stat bonus.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:49 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Eh, we've had threats like this for ages. Every time the meta begins to settle down, we'll get something new to force players to consider new builds.

It was Takumi and Hector before Skill Inheritance was a thing. Then we got Reinhardt and Brave Lyn. Then Surtr.

The thing with the latter three is that there were multiple solutions, including F2P ones. They were still frustrating of course, but Edelgard can only reliably be taken out by specific premium units, which makes her worse. For instance, the only Hero of mine that can handle her regularly is my +10 B!Eirika, and even that's only when she has high HP.

(But I'm also bad at FEH, so...)

On 11/15/2021 at 7:04 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Also, I have 22 copies of Summer Freyja, and none of them are +Spd.

This still baffles me, I'm so sorry for you. I know you didn't want to spend Trait Fruits to fix them, but what of Florets? Even -Spd Freyjas would give you two immensely powerful cavalry beasts, after all!

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The thing with the latter three is that there were multiple solutions, including F2P ones. They were still frustrating of course, but Edelgard can only reliably be taken out by specific premium units, which makes her worse. For instance, the only Hero of mine that can handle her regularly is my +10 B!Eirika, and even that's only when she has high HP.

Boey can handle the standard Edelgard build without any need for premium skills (though Pulse Smoke or Fatal Smoke both help immensely).

Brave Alm is less premium than your typical premium unit, and he can reliably two-round kill a maxed out Edelgard even at +0+0.

Even among premium units, there are plenty that can handle her, as every version of Byleth can two-round kill her with only a little investment or support at most, and both versions of Idunn can one-round kill her with only a little investment or support.

In any game mode without a time limit, any unit with high Atk and access to an armor-effective weapon can whittle away with Windsweep. A +10+0 Soleil, for example, takes no more than 4 rounds of combat to kill a maxed out Edelgard.

Apparently auto-battling in Allegiance Battles, losing, and trying to coast on the synergy points is not enough to actually get the low-score rewards for the week.