Tips and Advice?

Boji

Hello! I am looking for some advice or tips on this game, I haven't played this one before and decided to give it a shot! I'm still on the character creation screen, so I still haven't started. Also if someone can explain to me how the children work it would be appreciated, since I last played awakening and there was some time travel shenanigans, and as far as I know there isn't something like this here(Or at least I haven't heard of it).

Any help is appreciated!

The kids come from something called the Deeprealms after getting S ranks, which if you know DBZ are essentially Hyperbolic Baby chambers. As for mechanics they are from the father rather than the mother, they get some of the classes from their parents and skill inheritance is the same as Awakening. A list of what gets passed down can be found here.

Which route are you planning on starting on and what difficulty?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The kids come from something called the Deeprealms after getting S ranks, which if you know DBZ are essentially Hyperbolic Baby chambers. As for mechanics they are from the father rather than the mother, they get some of the classes from their parents and skill inheritance is the same as Awakening. A list of what gets passed down can be found here.

Which route are you planning on starting on and what difficulty?

I'm planning on doing them all eventually, but the first one is going to be the noir one, and I'm playing on normal-classic as I want there to be some challenge, but not too hard.

Also thanks for commenting!

1 minute ago, Boji said:

I'm planning on doing them all eventually, but the first one is going to be the noir one, and I'm playing on normal-classic as I want there to be some challenge, but not too hard.

Conquest is probably the most solid as a gameplay experience, especially with an early game that sees most every unit able to contribute (I'm mostly on about after the route split as the units you use before then include units who won't join in it).

Currently playing it on Hard myself.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Conquest is probably the most solid as a gameplay experience, especially with an early game that sees most every unit able to contribute (I'm mostly on about after the route split as the units you use before then include units who won't join in it).

Currently playing it on Hard myself.

May I ask you some questions? I couldn't find answers for them.

Does Corrin get a special class like robin does in awakening? If not what are the best choices?

What are talents? Do they unlock a otherwise unavailable class? 

What is in your opinion the best boon? I've read that unlucky is the best bane, because luck isn't a good stat or something this time.

6 minutes ago, Boji said:

Does Corrin get a special class like robin does in awakening? If not what are the best choices?

What is in your opinion the best boon? I've read that unlucky is the best bane, because luck isn't a good stat or something this time.

Corrin's base class is the equivalent of Tactician in this game, it even has two options to promote to (but in Conquest you only have access to one, which adds tomes to Corrin's equipment. The other adds staves.)

Talent refers to the other class line Corrin will have at base that can then use Heart seals to reclass to like Second Seals in Awakening. Corrin can also access other classes with Friendship and Partner seals, but those require getting high support ranks with other units first. I think IS realised having all the classes was a bit busted.

Boon/Bane won't be too much of an issue in Normal, but I was kind of obvious and did Spd/Luk my first time. Really it depends on what you'd like to do with Corrin in that playthrough (Like +Mag if you want to focus on Dragonstone use or +Def if you want that), though I don't think it should be an issue on Normal.

Edited by Dayni

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Corrin's base class is the equivalent of Tactician in this game, it even has two options to promote to (but in Conquest you only have access to one, which adds tomes to Corrin's equipment. The other adds staves.)

Talent refers to the other class line Corrin will have at base that can then use Heart seals to reclass to like Second Seals in Awakening. Corrin can also access other classes with Friendship and Partner seals, but those require getting high support ranks with other units first. I think IS realised having all the classes was a bit busted.

Boon/Bane won't be too much of an issue in Normal, but I was kind of obvious and did Spd/Luk my first time. Really it depends on what you'd like to do with Corrin in that playthrough (Like +Mag if you want to focus on Dragonstone use or +Def if you want that), though I don't think it should be an issue on Normal.

Thanks so much for the explanation! I understand it better now.

2 hours ago, Boji said:

Also if someone can explain to me how the children work it would be appreciated, since I last played awakening and there was some time travel shenanigans, and as far as I know there isn't something like this here(Or at least I haven't heard of it).

This time, the kids are raised in the Deeprealms, which are strewn across the astral plane. Basically, if you're watched Dragon Ball Z, it's something akin to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Also of note, this time, they're tied to the fathers, with the exception of Shigure, who is Azura's son. In addition, they only inherit some of the classes of their parents, instead of all of them, like was the case in Awakening (that said, though, a good chunk of children start in the same class as their fixed parent). What's more, unlike was the case in Awakening, the paralogues scale according to your story progress, which can be really bad for you if you wait too long, and REALLY BAD for Shiro and Ignatius in particular (for context, Shiro starts very far away from you, and will kill himself on the first ally phase if you wait until enemies promote. Ignatius, on the other hand, is guarding a village, but the village he's guarding is really really far away from your starting point. Making matters worse, he starts getting attacked on turn 2 Enemy Phase; also, if he dies, you've pretty much lost, as the village he's guarding getting seized by the enemy is a defeat condition).

1 hour ago, Boji said:

Their default class is unique to them (and their child Kana). It has two promotions, but depending on your route you're locked into one of them.

1 hour ago, Boji said:

Basically, your talent determines your alternate class when you use a heart seal (and the class you pass on to whoever you marry).

1 hour ago, Boji said:

Personally, I'm a fan of Robust (+HP)/Clumsy (-Skill).

Edited by Shadow Mir

6 hours ago, Boji said:

May I ask you some questions? I couldn't find answers for them.

1.) Corrin gets the Nohr Prince/Princess class line that promotes to Hoshido Noble (for Birthright) or Nohr Noble (for Conquest), and you can promote to either in Revelations. Hoshido Noble gets access to staves while Nohr Noble gets access to tomes. Hoshido Noble has slightly higher defense and strength, while Nohr Noble has slightly higher magic and speed. For a single playthrough, Corrin's unique class is good and will do you good for the most part, but typically any class will work well for Corrin due to the boon/bane system (but usually classes that use swords, aka Yato access, are better for Corrin).

2.) As mentioned above, your "talent" is basically any of the classes available in the game that will be Corrin's extra reclass set. There's no "best" talent, but it's simply the class that you like the most or would like to try out the most. I usually/always do Sky Knight (cause Fates is the only game in the series that allows male Pegasus Knights lmfao), but no Yato LOL. It's also worth noting that it'll be a little helpful to make your talent class one of the classes from the opposite campaign. ex. Ninja talent (Hoshidan class) for Nohr Campaign, Wyvern Rider/Dragon Talent (Nohrian Class) for Hoshidan campaign. This is mainly because there are some things that the opposite side's class can offer that the side you chose may not.

3.) Depends on the type of build you want. +Strength will give you maximum damage output, +Magic will give you maximum magic damage output, +Speed will ensure you'll double most enemies and have high avoid rates. I usually do +Speed/-Magic since I usually run Sky Knight Corrin (but -Magic takes a small hit on speed), but I've done a +Magic/-Luck Dark Falcon Corrin build too. It's really up to you, but I guess for starters, +Strength or +Speed and -Luck would be a good start if you're going to use a physical class.

btw has anybody ever mentioned what your name means in Korean

Edited by LJ_Tenma

5 hours ago, LJ_Tenma said:

1.) Corrin gets the Nohr Prince/Princess class line that promotes to Hoshido Noble (for Birthright) or Nohr Noble (for Conquest), and you can promote to either in Revelations. Hoshido Noble gets access to staves while Nohr Noble gets access to tomes. Hoshido Noble has slightly higher defense and strength, while Nohr Noble has slightly higher magic and speed. For a single playthrough, Corrin's unique class is good and will do you good for the most part, but typically any class will work well for Corrin due to the boon/bane system (but usually classes that use swords, aka Yato access, are better for Corrin).

2.) As mentioned above, your "talent" is basically any of the classes available in the game that will be Corrin's extra reclass set. There's no "best" talent, but it's simply the class that you like the most or would like to try out the most. I usually/always do Sky Knight (cause Fates is the only game in the series that allows male Pegasus Knights lmfao), but no Yato LOL. It's also worth noting that it'll be a little helpful to make your talent class one of the classes from the opposite campaign. ex. Ninja talent (Hoshidan class) for Nohr Campaign, Wyvern Rider/Dragon Talent (Nohrian Class) for Hoshidan campaign. This is mainly because there are some things that the opposite side's class can offer that the side you chose may not.

3.) Depends on the type of build you want. +Strength will give you maximum damage output, +Magic will give you maximum magic damage output, +Speed will ensure you'll double most enemies and have high avoid rates. I usually do +Speed/-Magic since I usually run Sky Knight Corrin (but -Magic takes a small hit on speed), but I've done a +Magic/-Luck Dark Falcon Corrin build too. It's really up to you, but I guess for starters, +Strength or +Speed and -Luck would be a good start if you're going to use a physical class.

btw has anybody ever mentioned what your name means in Korean

Thanks for the explanation!

Also no I don't understand Korean at all, if it is something offensive I didn't intend it. 

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

This time, the kids are raised in the Deeprealms, which are strewn across the astral plane. Basically, if you're watched Dragon Ball Z, it's something akin to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Also of note, this time, they're tied to the fathers, with the exception of Shigure, who is Azura's son. In addition, they only inherit some of the classes of their parents, instead of all of them, like was the case in Awakening (that said, though, a good chunk of children start in the same class as their fixed parent). What's more, unlike was the case in Awakening, the paralogues scale according to your story progress, which can be really bad for you if you wait too long, and REALLY BAD for Shiro and Ignatius in particular (for context, Shiro starts very far away from you, and will kill himself on the first ally phase if you wait until enemies promote. Ignatius, on the other hand, is guarding a village, but the village he's guarding is really really far away from your starting point. Making matters worse, he starts getting attacked on turn 2 Enemy Phase; also, if he dies, you've pretty much lost, as the village he's guarding getting seized by the enemy is a defeat condition).

Their default class is unique to them (and their child Kana). It has two promotions, but depending on your route you're locked into one of them.

Basically, your talent determines your alternate class when you use a heart seal (and the class you pass on to whoever you marry).

Personally, I'm a fan of Robust (+HP)/Clumsy (-Skill).

Hi again! Thanks for commenting! You gave a very good explanation and I'm grateful!

So what skills are worth grinding/reclassing for? If it's anything like awakening where you can reclass for skills. 

43 minutes ago, Boji said:

Thanks for the explanation!

Also no I don't understand Korean at all, if it is something offensive I didn't intend it. 

No problem!

And nah it's just kind of a dirty word that's kinda funny if you know the language haha. I apologize if it's of any offense to you by mentioning it.

27 minutes ago, Boji said:

So what skills are worth grinding/reclassing for? If it's anything like awakening where you can reclass for skills. 

If we're still talking about Corrin, you can reclass with Heart Seals, but it's a lot more limited compared to Awakening (for good reason lol). You'll have your talent class to get skills, then you could pick up more classes by supporting other units using Friendship Seals or Partner Seals. Once you reach A-support with units of the same gender (minus Niles and Rhajat), Corrin can use Friendship Seals to reclass into their class. Unlike other units, Corrin can use Friendship Seals with anyone they  have an A-support with--so you can get access to all classes to some degree. You use the Partner Seal to reclass into the class of the character you choose to S-Support. The only classes Corrin can't get are the special classes like Songstress and beast classes.

Some skill recommendations: Definitely pick up a weaponfaire skill. If you plan on using Yato, Swordfaire comes from Swordmaster. Having a proc is good too, and Corrin gets Dragon Fang innately at level 10 Nohr Prince/Princess, and it's pretty much good enough for Corrin haha. "Blow" skills are good, but most come from Hoshidan classes. Replicate is one of the best skills in the game, and it comes from Mechanist. It's really late-game and takes a lot of grinding to achieve (if you don't have Ninja as your talent), but it'll essentially double your combat.

It's also worth noting that Heart/Friendship/Partner Seals don't reset your levels, so you're also limited in your skill selection as well unlike Awakening where leveling and skill grinding was infinite.

1 hour ago, LJ_Tenma said:

No problem!

And nah it's just kind of a dirty word that's kinda funny if you know the language haha. I apologize if it's of any offense to you by mentioning it.

If we're still talking about Corrin, you can reclass with Heart Seals, but it's a lot more limited compared to Awakening (for good reason lol). You'll have your talent class to get skills, then you could pick up more classes by supporting other units using Friendship Seals or Partner Seals. Once you reach A-support with units of the same gender (minus Niles and Rhajat), Corrin can use Friendship Seals to reclass into their class. Unlike other units, Corrin can use Friendship Seals with anyone they  have an A-support with--so you can get access to all classes to some degree. You use the Partner Seal to reclass into the class of the character you choose to S-Support. The only classes Corrin can't get are the special classes like Songstress and beast classes.

Some skill recommendations: Definitely pick up a weaponfaire skill. If you plan on using Yato, Swordfaire comes from Swordmaster. Having a proc is good too, and Corrin gets Dragon Fang innately at level 10 Nohr Prince/Princess, and it's pretty much good enough for Corrin haha. "Blow" skills are good, but most come from Hoshidan classes. Replicate is one of the best skills in the game, and it comes from Mechanist. It's really late-game and takes a lot of grinding to achieve (if you don't have Ninja as your talent), but it'll essentially double your combat.

It's also worth noting that Heart/Friendship/Partner Seals don't reset your levels, so you're also limited in your skill selection as well unlike Awakening where leveling and skill grinding was infinite.

Don't worry, I didn't get offended in anyway.

So I've forgotten some terms like proc so I would appreciate it if you can explain which skills are proc. Also I plan for corrin to mostly use the dragon stone so it isn't needed to get swordfaire, right? My first playtrough is on conquest so I won't be able to get them "blow' skills.

Thanks also for noting that I can't skill grind infinitely, (I was totally gonna try something like it XD)

17 minutes ago, Boji said:

So I've forgotten some terms like proc so I would appreciate it if you can explain which skills are proc. Also I plan for corrin to mostly use the dragon stone so it isn't needed to get swordfaire, right? My first playtrough is on conquest so I won't be able to get them "blow' skills.

Proc skills are skills like Sol, Luna or Astra which can activate a percentage of the time. All but Dragon Fang are on promoted classes and something else to remember is that there are weapons that won't trigger these skills at all. They'll say so in their description, but watch out for that if you're planning on focusing on procs.

As for blow skills you can get without waiting most of the game, there's Darting Blow from Pegasus Knight (Friendship/Partner Seal Azura), but that's irrelevant for Corrin with the Dragonstone.

39 minutes ago, Boji said:

So I've forgotten some terms like proc so I would appreciate it if you can explain which skills are proc.

So "proc skills" are skills that have a % chance of activating during combat and will usually affect your damage output for that round of combat.

Proc skills with their respective classes are as listed:

Spoiler
  • Dragon Fang (Nohr Prince/Princess, lvl 10)
  • Astra (Swordmaster, lvl 5)
  • Rend Heaven (Basara, lvl 5)
  • Lethality (Master Ninja, lvl 5)
  • Luna (Great Knight, lvl 5)
  • Sol (Hero, lvl 5)
  • I'm not sure if Vengeance is considered a proc ? But I'll include it anyways (Sorcerer, lvl 5)
  • Is Profiteer considered a proc too ? LOL. It doesn't affect damage, but you have a % chance of getting gold (Merchant, lvl 5)

Some of the skills have priority over others, meaning if you have more than 1 of these equipped, and any of them would RNG-roll to be activated, the one with the higher priority will activate instead. I'm not sure what the priority order is tho LOL. I just know that Luna had high priority in Awakening, but I'm not sure if that goes for Fates.

Also I plan for corrin to mostly use the dragon stone so it isn't needed to get swordfaire, right?

If you exclusively use the Dragonstone, technically you wouldn't need a -faire skill, but it'll be nice to have so that you have more weapon options. Using the Dragonstone only will make for a really interesting build and playthrough, but the Dragonstone can't double (nor crit I believe) so I would recommend having some other weapon on hand to fall back on. Considering that Nohr Prince/Princess is the only class that can use Dragonstones, the class can also use swords so having swordfaire could help your damage output. Tomefaire would be good too since Nohr Noble can use tomes.

(Pro-tip: the Dragonstone is magic-based damage, so a magic-boon would really help you out !)

My first playtrough is on conquest so I won't be able to get them "blow' skills.

If you choose one of the respective Hoshidan classes as your talent, you can get them. Otherwise, Great Knight is the only Nohrian class with a blow skill (Armored Blow). Or Savage Blow from Malig Knight if you consider it in the same family, but the effect is entirely different LOL. They're not tooo much of a big deal, but just a recommendation.

Thanks also for noting that I can't skill grind infinitely, (I was totally gonna try something like it XD)

Yeah, it'll be quite a disappointment when you're going from Awakening to Fates, but at least that keeps the power creep in check LOL.

Edited by LJ_Tenma

9 hours ago, LJ_Tenma said:

So "proc skills" are skills that have a % chance of activating during combat and will usually affect your damage output for that round of combat.

Proc skills with their respective classes are as listed:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Dragon Fang (Nohr Prince/Princess, lvl 10)
  • Astra (Swordmaster, lvl 5)
  • Rend Heaven (Basara, lvl 5)
  • Lethality (Master Ninja, lvl 5)
  • Luna (Great Knight, lvl 5)
  • Sol (Hero, lvl 5)
  • I'm not sure if Vengeance is considered a proc ? But I'll include it anyways (Sorcerer, lvl 5)
  • Is Profiteer considered a proc too ? LOL. It doesn't affect damage, but you have a % chance of getting gold (Merchant, lvl 5)

Some of the skills have priority over others, meaning if you have more than 1 of these equipped, and any of them would RNG-roll to be activated, the one with the higher priority will activate instead. I'm not sure what the priority order is tho LOL. I just know that Luna had high priority in Awakening, but I'm not sure if that goes for Fates.

If you exclusively use the Dragonstone, technically you wouldn't need a -faire skill, but it'll be nice to have so that you have more weapon options. Using the Dragonstone only will make for a really interesting build and playthrough, but the Dragonstone can't double (nor crit I believe) so I would recommend having some other weapon on hand to fall back on. Considering that Nohr Prince/Princess is the only class that can use Dragonstones, the class can also use swords so having swordfaire could help your damage output. Tomefaire would be good too since Nohr Noble can use tomes.

(Pro-tip: the Dragonstone is magic-based damage, so a magic-boon would really help you out !)

If you choose one of the respective Hoshidan classes as your talent, you can get them. Otherwise, Great Knight is the only Nohrian class with a blow skill (Armored Blow). Or Savage Blow from Malig Knight if you consider it in the same family, but the effect is entirely different LOL. They're not tooo much of a big deal, but just a recommendation.

Yeah, it'll be quite a disappointment when you're going from Awakening to Fates, but at least that keeps the power creep in check LOL.

That's helpful, thanks a lot!

But a thing that has been bugging me is that I have no idea which unit should be which class, I'm at chapter 12 and I haven't promoted anyone, and I feel that I'm lagging behind, because only a few of my units can stand up to most enemies. 

13 hours ago, Boji said:

The answer to this is really complicated, as you can't grind as much as in Awakening (especially in Conquest, where the only way to grind is with Boo Camp, which is DLC; also, you can't expect to overlevel over your enemies, as the exp dropoff for being higher level is more drastic than in other games). For Corrin in particular, I rarely, if ever, have him leave his default class (and IF I do, it is not for long). Also of note, Heart/Partner/Friendship Seals are limited for most of the game.

49 minutes ago, Boji said:

But a thing that has been bugging me is that I have no idea which unit should be which class, I'm at chapter 12 and I haven't promoted anyone, and I feel that I'm lagging behind, because only a few of my units can stand up to most enemies. 

I would avoid Berserkers entirely, unless you like gambling on praying your units do not get gibbed by critical hits (it really doesn't help its case that the two units that start in the class that promotes to it - Fighter - are among the worst units in the Nohr side). Camilla should be heart sealed out of Malig Knight and right into Wyvern Lord, as hybrid classes, like Malig Knight, are generally subpar. I cannot help much beyond that without knowing who you're planning on using.

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 hours ago, Boji said:

Which units are you planning on using? I feel like I got away with not promoting much if any units for this chapter due to promoted units you already have but I don't know what stats your units have. Meanwhile some of the classes are harder to argue in favour of (Beruka doesn't want to be in Malig Knight for anything other than it's skills or how armour knights like Effie may want to look at General for Wary Fighter but change class right after due to it's lower move for instance)

13 hours ago, Boji said:

Honestly almost all of them can work in their base class lines if you don't want to worry too much about it. Also my memory of the matter is you can fairly safely wait a few chapter before promoting (I seem to remember around the end of 14 to the early part of 17 being promotion time for most of my units), but early promoting Elise to get the ability to attack (go with Strategist, so she doesn't have to grind weapon ranks to use her incredible magic to attack) isn't that unreasonable, or if you have a unit you want to function only as a backpack (a practice I am not a fan of, but some people like to have a barely trained early promoted unit as the permanent back of a pairup just for the stats....). I have preferences for what to promote into, but it can depend a lot on team composition, I generally like half my army mounted, at least one Bow Knight for the Shurikenbreaker skill (not to mention mounted locktouch support), at least one Sorcerer for S rank tome plus Bowbreaker skill, about 2-3 units that can use staff, etc., although you can make almost any of them work if you want (Arthur is probably the worst of the lot, but I have brought him through Lunatic difficulty before), and you might play very differently from how I do (I tend to favor a far more player phased, attack stance focused style of play, rarely tying my units down in pairups), so my team composition preferences might not match your own.

Also take Shadow Mir's complaints about Berserker with a grain of salt, he is notorious for his hate of infantry axe units across the entire series, Berserkers hit incredibly hard, often double, end up with comically large HP stats, and that higher crit rate (as well as hitting like a truck) of theirs works really well when you let them get extra chances to crit every turn using attack stance.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

Effie may want to look at General for Wary Fighter but change class right after due to it's lower move for instance)

Effie has enough speed not to need Wary Fighter (Benny however...)

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also take Shadow Mir's complaints about Berserker with a grain of salt, he is notorious for his hate of infantry axe units across the entire series, Berserkers hit incredibly hard, often double, end up with comically large HP stats, and that higher crit rate (as well as hitting like a truck) of theirs works really well when you let them get extra chances to crit every turn using attack stance.

You probably say this because you do not understand that with very few exceptions, foot axes are generally consistent about having crippling weaknesses without the strengths to make up for them. I don't care much that they have high HP when their defenses are so low that it disappears in a hurry when they get hit, and most of them tend to be slow to the point they take hits often. About the only Berserker I'd actually call good is Hawkeye, and he was in a game where enemies were pathetic (of course, this disregards reclassing, as that's another can of worms). Long story short, most of the good foot axes are good in spite of their class, not because of it.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

You probably say this because you do not understand that with very few exceptions, foot axes are generally consistent about having crippling weaknesses without the strengths to make up for them.

Only really in the GBA era (Genealogy of the Holy war too I guess) and even then you named a GBA era Berserker you thought was good.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't care much that they have high HP when their defenses are so low that it disappears in a hurry when they get hit, and most of them tend to be slow to the point they take hits often.

Speed is one of Berserkers better stats in Fates (there is a reason Berserker Pairup gives speed...), and despite your issues with accuracy there are numerous ways to improve accuracy in Fates (minimum +10 with any attacks stances (could be higher), +10 if you trigger Corrin's supportive skill while doing so, effective +20 with heartseeker support, plus Rally Skill for +6, etc.) and all of these stack, if you even need that much help, as Axe's rank's bonus is accuracy, and skill is also a solid stat for the class. Plus defense is one of the more stack-able stats (you can use supportive skills to jump it up by 14 if you need to, and that isn't even mention the more difficult to setup reduce enemy attack skill, which could pump it up by another 4...) with no benefit to getting overkill defense (as reaching 0 damages gets enemies to ignore you), and that isn't even mentioning what you can do defensively with pairup (especially on a class that is fast enough to frequently double enemies, like Berserkers, that get extra shield gauge).

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Only really in the GBA era (Genealogy of the Holy war too I guess) and even then you named a GBA era Berserker you thought was good.

And Fates, because they're as unreliable as ever. I mean, IntSys improved knights and archers, two other classes that commonly get shafted in this series, in Fates, but fighters got jack shit.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Speed is one of Berserkers better stats in Fates (there is a reason Berserker Pairup gives speed...), and despite your issues with accuracy there are numerous ways to improve accuracy in Fates (minimum +10 with any attacks stances (could be higher), +10 if you trigger Corrin's supportive skill while doing so, effective +20 with heartseeker support, plus Rally Skill for +6, etc.) and all of these stack, if you even need that much help, as Axe's rank's bonus is accuracy, and skill is also a solid stat for the class. Plus defense is one of the more stack-able stats (you can use supportive skills to jump it up by 14 if you need to, and that isn't even mention the more difficult to setup reduce enemy attack skill, which could pump it up by another 4...) with no benefit to getting overkill defense (as reaching 0 damages gets enemies to ignore you), and that isn't even mentioning what you can do defensively with pairup (especially on a class that is fast enough to frequently double enemies, like Berserkers, that get extra shield gauge).

Which fails to make up for all their other flaws, especially the fact that they're vulnerable to critical hits. Also, pairup, as well as all those other support tools you mentioned, can be used to the advantage of any unit and any class. Speaking of, being pair up bots is about the only thing berserkers are good for. Of course, I don't consider that a positive because if that's all they're good for, I'd rather just bench them and use someone who's actually useful instead. It really doesn't help that Arthur and Charlotte start behind and are doomed to stay behind without a lot of favoritism and great fortune. Long story short, using a Berserker in Fates is a very hard sell when I can get their good points elsewhere without the need to put up with their shortcomings.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which fails to make up for all their other flaws, especially the fact that they're vulnerable to critical hits.

Plenty of ways of playing around crits too if you are worried about them, from all pairups giving +5 crit avoid, to Percey's +15 crit avoid, to the basic +10 from Bronze weapons if you need it. Not to mention the fact that they can get the kind of health to take a crit if you need to.

Also, pairup, as well as all those other support tools you mentioned, can be used to the advantage of any unit and any class.

And despite the way you act with Berserkers, your own preference for +HP and -Skill Corrin makes clear you know the defensive utility of HP (not to mention how baffling it is to complain about Berserker's unreliable hit when you seem fine saddling Corrrin with accuracy problems, which hint that you know how to play around accuracy issues like that despite how you act). Plus a unit that can double with the second highest speed of all Nohrian classes, and kill with the highest strength of all Fates classes can do a lot more with those defensive advantages, than a unit that is too slow, or two weak to kill enemies, or too defensive to even be targeted.

It really doesn't help that Arthur and Charlotte start behind and are doomed to stay behind without a lot of favoritism and great fortune.

It really doesn't take that much work to get Charlotte going. Plus you could just as easily class change Beruka to Berserker, or Keaton to Berserker, or even Benny to Berserker (not to mention all the kid, and partner/friend seal options).

Long story short, using a Berserker in Fates is a very hard sell when I can get their good points elsewhere without the need to put up with their shortcomings.

Long story short Berserkers are great, you have just never bothered to use one to find out. Now I don't want to waste more of this thread on an endless argument here, so this will be my last comment on the matter.