New Heroes & Ascended Laegjarn

IGdood

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have to question why they insist on only giving Green Bow Cavs of the colored bows. We just got one last month and offhand we don't have any Red or Blue Bow Cavs, so continuing to bloat that pool is really confusing to me. At least Astrid's weapon is unique so she does have a niche, but it's still repetitive overall. Also I'm surprised Marcia was the demote, IIRC she's the most  second most popular of the bunch here so I thought for sure she'd be a 5*. 

Edit: On a positive note though, with Tanith we got our first Flying Sword demote since Palla at launch. 

Edited by Medeus

Well, dammit. I'm usually happy about my favorites being 4-star, but I'm kinda mad at what they did to Marcia. Her art looks worse than everyone else's, bad fodder, no prf. Even fucking Astrid has a prf.

And while I'm speaking of Astrid, I may actually dislike her now. Wasn't big on her as a character or unit back in PoR/RD to begin with, but she ends up on the banner despite being lower ranked than Boyd, Stefan, or Tormod (the latter two who would've worked for a Begnion-themed banner anyway) and gets a prf over Marcia, whom she scored lower than. Not to mention she's yet another green bow cavalier. We literally got Sedgar as a GHB on the last New Heroes banner. Fuck Astrid.

I'm okay with Volke being treated very well though, since he is the most popular Tellius unit on this banner.

Who the fuck is Laegjarn

Am I the only one having an aneurysm at how Eitri is yet another fucking villainous green unit?

No, IntSys, I will not treat Alfonse as the main character of this game, stop pushing me to use him in the story.

Edited by Some Jerk

Ignoring the banner for now... Looks like Eitri is a Green Tome Flier. I really hope she is not a Dark Mythic Hero, because we already have 2 of that class in that Blessings.

About the banner... Tickets on colorless I guess, but the banner is pretty nice.

Volke looks pretty good and I wonder what IS the inheritance limitation for his special.

Marcia is whatever.

Astrid is better Annette on a horse.

Laegjarn looks to be very strong, but her bow only has one condition to trigger... Which means if foe has Distant Def 4 or a Dull Effect, her bow does nothing. Usually, they add 2 condition, but this time they decided to not I guess.

22 minutes ago, Medeus said:

I really have to question why they insist on only giving Green Bow Cavs of the colored bows.

IS is doing it for the memes at this point. I won't accept any other reason.

8 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Am I the only one having an aneurysm at how Eitri is yet another fucking villainous green unit?

No, IntSys, I will not treat Alfonse as the main character of this game, stop pushing me to use him in the story.

Nah, Eitri is green so Reginn can easily gut her (since Alfonse has kinda just been along for the ride in this Book). Totally different, right?

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Volke looks pretty good and I wonder what IS the inheritance limitation for his special.

Lethality will probably be Dagger only, to go with Deadeye being Bow only.

YESSSSSSSSSSS Volke my baby looks so good!!!!!!!!  Goddamn he's premium as hell, I don't even need to fodder anything to him. +10 here we come... do I dare snag one copy of him to give Lethality to Legault.....

And free Tanith here I come bearing pegasus flight to you as a gift! 😄  Will be super nice I'll be rolling on a lot of reds soon (nin!hark, Volke) and i'll probably be picking up a bunch of Taniths with that, here's hoping.

Man, between Volke/Tanith/Bertram, I'm eating good this banner.

I am surprised that Marcia got the treatment she did considering she struck me as mad waifu bait potential. :v Still in, though.

Ascended Laegjarn looks great! Sure, her artwork is a little more fanservice-y than I'd like, but I'll take it gladly. She's also the only character I'll be going for this banner, so I really hope I get her on one of the free pulls. The rest aren't my cup of tea, since I don't care for most Tellius characters. 

1 minute ago, Use the Falchion said:

Ascended Laegjarn looks great! Sure, her artwork is a little more fanservice-y than I'd like, but I'll take it gladly. She's also the only character I'll be going for this banner, so I really hope I get her on one of the free pulls. The rest aren't my cup of tea, since I don't care for most Tellius characters. 

37f*cking5 orbs. Please, bring me honorable fire, dark-skinned waifu 😥

anyway, since she’s coming, let’s celebrate with her beautiful voice 😉

Okay, so putting aside any questions of who the hell two of the five units are...

• I guess this is a Path of Radiance banner? I know more about Volke than the other 4 non-Laeg units, and what I know is that his face is covered once he becomes a proper assassin, but here he's... well, totally exposed.
    Anyway, Fireman's Hook is a better version of Kaze's Needle's special refine in one respect: instead of a raw Flashing Blade 4 effect, it instead has unconditional special speedup AND Null Guard. Interesting that we would get two units so similar to each other so quickly, but hey the fireman's red and Kaze is colorless. Lethality looks cruel, kinda makes me wish there were an upgraded Black Luna now, but... hey, every tool available helps. The rest of Volke's kit is indeed there.
  • So... I know nothing about Astrid, so is she supposed to be a great support unit in PoR? Do Rallys even exist in PoR? Cause that weapon is better than Annette's Crusher in just GIVING Bonus Doubler, unlike LegEliwood who has to target the ally with the most Atk. That alone makes her a worthy unit to summon.
  • And the Flowing Lance enters the summoning pool!
    ...who's not-Est?
  • Tanith exists.
  • Who the heck is Bertram? What's so dreadful about his lance? Is he even gonna have a Prf lance?

And then the big meat and potatoes. I swear they aim to make Laegjarn look as sexy as possible every time...

Okay, so the bad. Laegjarn won't get any effects in combat if she doesn't have a Bonus, which is wild to think about these days when every weapon totes at least two trigger conditions. On the plus side, she DOES get two free easy bonus in the form of Rouse Atk/Spd 4, both Atk/Spd +6 (which incidentally automatically triggers her self-NFU) and Null Panic, so she will always have the effects in play as long as she is allowed to get Rouse to trigger. An abundance of Atk/Spd, the same bonus as granted by refined Niu, and the Slaying effect... yeah, Laegjarn looks solid.
Rouse 4 skills look solid if and only for the Null Panic effect added on.

Now then... who in the hell are not-Annette, not-Est, and Bertram?

Just now, Sunwoo said:

@Xenomata It's not like we're on a website for all things FE, where you could look them up easily, right?

it's a rhetorical question stated for comedic effect (which I thought was plainly obvious), what makes you think I wasn't already reading about exactly what I said I didn't know.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

it's a rhetorical question stated for comedic effect (which I thought was plainly obvious), what makes you think I wasn't already reading about exactly what I said I didn't know.

Because there are a shitload of people on SF who don't

I mean, I knew Brom wasn't going to be on this banner, but a small part of me still stubbornly hoped.

Anyway, I really liked Astrid as a character in Path of Radiance, so I'm very very happy to see her here! I am not happy that she's a green unit, though. Green bow cavaliers are a little overloaded right now, especially since we only just got Sedgar last month. Between him and Astrid, Sue, Rath, Python...yeah, we're set. But, still, very happy to see Astrid. Marcia, Tanith, and Volke are pretty cool, too. I'd definitely love to give Lethality to any dagger unit.

Another uninspired banner name.

Lethality looks interesting. Assuming it is inheritable (which it probably is since Deadeye is inheritable), it'll definitely be dagger-only. Its cooldown of 4, however, makes it rather difficult to use. Volke is obviously designed specifically to use it, given he has almost every Special charging effect in the game on his base kit, but I'm not sure how useful it will be for other units outside of Infantry Pulse defense teams.

Astrid is meh. Yet another green bow cavalry.

Marcia is meh. Yet another 4-star lance flier.

Tanith is a bit more interesting since we don't have quite as many sword fliers.

I called Ascended Laegjarn being cavalry because that was Muspell's biggest gimmick.

Flame of Muspell is basically just Niu as a bow. Slaying effect instead of +3 Spd. Boosts all stats by 50% of total bonuses on both combatants (max 12) instead of 40% (max 10) and grants +6 Atk/Spd instead of +4 to all stats. Gives only the offensive half of Null Follow-Up instead of full Null Follow-Up.

Nothing else particularly out of the ordinary with the rest of her kit, though we're now getting tier-4 Rouse skills, which grant the same +6 as the tier-3 skill, but now grant Null-Panic.

@XRay I'm telling you, we're not getting easy access to field buffs higher than +6.

Edited by Ice Dragon

It sucks that they made Astrid a green bow cav, had she been any other color I'd certainly go for her because I really liked her in PoR (although RD certainly did a number on her on many fronts...). Oh well, guess I'll try to fish for some extra Ninja F!Corrin merges. 

As for the banner in general. Kinda meh. 

Volke is pretty cool. It's interesting that he doesn't have Baselard as his Prf, guess they're saving it for a potential Legendary Sothe or something. Anyways, Fireman's Hook has slaying, easy +5 in-combat buffs to everything, half (?) of Null-Guard (I bet this is going to become a B-skill sooner or later), something akin to Heavy/Flashing Blade but without a stat check and the Dagger debuffs. It's pretty nice. Lethality is what I'm most interested in. If it follows Deadeye's inheritance restrictions, this skill is going to be absolutely crazy on units like Yuri and Ninja Lyn. Then again, this skill has 4 (3 with Slaying effects) CD so it isn't going to be a very reliable skill, but that's to be expected when this thing not only ignores skill-based Dmg reduction, but also ignores 75% of the foe's Def/Res, which is akin to Black Luna. The rest of Volke's skills are also top tier fodder, which means the guy is a real prize for one reason of another if you pull him. 

Astrid is a better Annette on a horse. As I mentioned before, her class already has some fierce competition in the form of Python/Rath/Sedgar, all of which are easier to obtain (free in the case of Sedgar). Annette is a pretty nifty unit to have, and Astrid is an straight upgrade so she has her spot on certain strategies. 

Marcia is whatever, will live or die depending on her stat spread. 

Ascendant Laegjarn feels eh compared to Fjorm who is pretty unique. Her Prf is Slaying+N Atk/Spd if she has a visible buff+the buff aspect of refined Niu+Offensive half of NFU, which is good, but not that impressive. The Rouse 4 is going to be nice for Brave Marth and other units that depend heavily on visible buffs, other than that I don't see much use for it. Overall fodder is pretty good due to the Trace skill. Stats are good except for Res which is atrocious: 40/39/41/30/18. A!Laegjarn is certainly going to be a strong unit, but I don't think she brings too much to the Colorless Bow Cav class to make her a must have. Still, she gives another Floret so there's some merit in getting her even if she's just going to warm the bench after her Arena/AR bonus season is over.

The usual translation things:

The banner name "New Heroes & Ascended Laegjarn" is "新英雄&開花レーギャルン" (shin'eiyū & kaika rēgyarun), "New Heroes & Blooming Laegjarn". "Blooming" is the Japanese term for Ascended Heroes.

Volke's epithet, "Man of Mysteries", is "神出鬼没の情報屋" (shinshutsu kibotsu no jōhōya), "Elusive Spy". "神出鬼没" (shinshutsu kibotsu) is an idiom that means "to appear and disappear as one pleases" and literally translates as "to appear like gods and disappear like demons". The word I'm translating as "spy" is "情報屋", literally "information merchant".

Fireman's Hook is "火消しの暗刃" (hikeshi no anjin), "Fireman's Concealed Blade". "火消し" (hikeshi), Volke's in-universe epithet, is an archaic term for a firefighter and literally translates as "fire extinguisher".

Lethality is "滅殺" (messatsu), "Annihilation", and is the Japanese name of the skill of the same name in Radiant Dawn and all subsequent games with the skill. Prior to Radiant Dawn, the skill was named 瞬殺 (shunsatsu), "Instant Kill", but in Radiant Dawn, that name was given to the weaker Bane skill instead and has not been used since.

Astrid's epithet, "Resolute Damsel", is "覚悟の伯爵家令嬢" (kakugo no hakushaku-ke reijō), "Resolute Noblewoman". "伯爵家令嬢" (hakushaku-ke reijō) literally means "daughter of a count", but English doesn't have a word for that.

Damiell Bow is "ディアメル家の宝弓" (diameru-ke no hōkyū), "Treasured Bow of House Diamell".

Marcia's epithet, "Petulant Knight", is "嘆きの天馬騎士" (nageki no tenba kishi), "Lamenting Pegasus Knight".

Laegjarn's epithet, "Flame Ascendant", is "花咲く炎剣の鞘" (hanasaku enken no saya), "Blooming Scabbard of the Sword of Flame". Like Fjorm's, Laegjarn's epithet is just "blooming" attached to her base version's epithet.

Flame of Muspell is "絶炎ムスペル" (zetsuen musuperu), "Unparalleled Flame, Muspell". This follows the same pattern as Nifl's Bite, which was "絶氷ニフル" (zekkōri nifuru), "Unparalleled Ice, Nifl", where all of Muspell's and Nifl's exclusive skills use 絶炎 (zetsuen), "Unparalleled Flame", and 絶氷 (zekkōri), "Unparalleled Ice", in their names, respectively.

Tanith's epithet, "Bright Blade", is "帝国の白刃" (teikoku no hakujin), "Drawn Sword of the Empire". "Bright Blade" appears to be a possible mistranslation of "白刃" (hakujin), "drawn sword", which literally translates as "white blade", i.e. a sword whose blade is visible.

Bertram's epithet, [not on the Twitter announcement], is "闇より来たる魔将" (yami yori kitaru mashō), "Demon General Arriving from out of the Darkness".

8 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Honestly, a bit surprised Makalov isn't anywhere to be seen. After seeing Astrid and Marcia, I definitely expected him as either a direct demote or GHB.

They're probably going to do something similar to Hardin where he's not here so that those characters can talk about him in the Forging Bonds. I'm not sure how much that sort of thing is needed, if those two don't have any other character traits.

Man IS is power creeping my whole Astra core. I've been using Bernadetta and Annette for the longest while. NY!Plumeria exists, and NY!Reginn is pretty much guaranteed, so now it's time for Lilith to get powercreept by her self probably copium.

Edited by LoneStar

Its a good thing I already knew this banner in advance. I might have been a little dissapointed otherwise. My most wanted Tellius characters are Tormod, Muarim, Lucia, Bastian, Calill, Janaff, Ulki, Boyd, Tauronio. Its a big list, but all of them are sadly absent on this banner. The characters that we have here are on my 'ok list'. Good characters, but not who I have any interest in.

On the bright side I did like Tanith and she ends up being free. It means I can be saving orbs again.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bertram's epithet, [not on the Twitter announcement], is "闇より来たる魔将" (yami yori kitaru mashō), "Demon General Arriving from out of the Darkness".

Wait, is Bertram coming as a Grand Hero Battle Unit, correct?

Also, it's nice to see Marcia, Astrid, and Volke are coming to Fire Emblem Heroes along with Laegjarn is getting the Ascended Outfit as well.

The leaks were true, what a shocker.

Anyway salty AF that Tanith will not be given as a quest reward (unless I missed it. I hope I missed it) since it means it might take me months od red pulls to even see her.

Volke as his Thief self and Marcia with her Est hairstyle are very odd choices considering their other designs are more liked. Maybe they are coming soon with a RD alt for them like Shinon? Pretty please?

And Laegjarn is her usual awesome self other than the clear winner of the banner. Gonna pull/spark for her.

And man definitely looking forward to the forging bonds event. Sanaki and Sigrun both missed out on it for various reasons. It's time for Tanith to set things right.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Volke is pretty cool. It's interesting that he doesn't have Baselard as his Prf, guess they're saving it for a potential Legendary Sothe or something. 

Heather as the 5* star of the next RD banner let's go!!!

I wonder if someone on the design team just really doesn't like Boyd. There's not much of a reason for him to be the only Greil absentee. I also wonder if the same goes for Tormod because there really isn't any reason for him to be absend on a Begnion banner either.

And where exactly is mighty Makalov? We've got both his sister and his girlfriend here.