New Heroes & Ascended Laegjarn

IGdood

Just a friendly reminder, they wouldn't have needed to invent a bow for Astrid if they'd just given Shinon Silencer, his actual personal weapon. Also why are they inventing a weapon for Volke when Baelard exists? Are they planning to give that to Heather? Probably not, she'll probably get Philanderer's Knife or something while the Stiletto, Beast Killer and Kard will just remain non existent. Why make an effort to use the preestablished weapons when you can just toss the character's name onto a weapon an viola.

And yeah, everyone's right that Astrid shouldn't be green. Aside from all bow cavalry being green, Blue Cavalry would have been way better for her since lances are her subweapon in Radiant Dawn, and just in general I feel like blue fits her colour scheme. Not sure why. Silver, blue, is there some colour wheel connection there?

Kind of disappointed Tanith is an instant demote. She's a pretty great unit in Path of Radiance, and that whole summoning reinforcements gimmick is something unique they could have used in some way. I'll be happy if it means she's bringing the storm sword as an inheritable distant counter weapon. It's way past time they gave us inheritable distant counter weapons. They wouldn't even be good at all at this point, but the Hand Axe and Javelin are iconic enough weapons to deserve an appearance in Heroes.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Kind of disappointed Tanith is an instant demote. She's a pretty great unit in Path of Radiance, and that whole summoning reinforcements gimmick is something unique they could have used in some way. I'll be happy if it means she's bringing the storm sword as an inheritable distant counter weapon. It's way past time they gave us inheritable distant counter weapons. They wouldn't even be good at all at this point, but the Hand Axe and Javelin are iconic enough weapons to deserve an appearance in Heroes.

Well, we have Lightning Breath as a distant counter inheritable, if thats enough.

But yeah, distant counter weapons should have a generic weaker and inheritable version. But really, they would have to be weaker, otherwise any random unit could have something just as powerful as Ragnell/Alondite/Rajinto/Siegfried/Leiptr/Gradivus since having distant counter is their only effect, thats why I think that we won't ever have an inheritable distant counter physical weapons. Well, maybe someday someone will have Hand Axe or Javelin as a prf, kinda like how Dorcas got the Tomahawk.

31 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Well, we have Lightning Breath as a distant counter inheritable, if thats enough.

But yeah, distant counter weapons should have a generic weaker and inheritable version. But really, they would have to be weaker, otherwise any random unit could have something just as powerful as Ragnell/Alondite/Rajinto/Siegfried/Leiptr/Gradivus since having distant counter is their only effect, thats why I think that we won't ever have an inheritable distant counter physical weapons. Well, maybe someday someone will have Hand Axe or Javelin as a prf, kinda like how Dorcas got the Tomahawk.

Lighting Breath is precisely why I want them. Lightning Breath proves it can be done. A regular old Javelin that had less mt than Gradivus and increased the cool down counter would have fitted perfectly well into the second year of the game. Now it would be so useless as to be a joke of a weapon, like pretty much any non prf, but they still deserve to exist. Plus it's an easy way to give three units that would otherwise be lazy throwaways some kind of distinct feature that warrants putting them in the game beyond for the sake of completion.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Lighting Breath is precisely why I want them. Lightning Breath proves it can be done. A regular old Javelin that had less mt than Gradivus and increased the cool down counter would have fitted perfectly well into the second year of the game. Now it would be so useless as to be a joke of a weapon, like pretty much any non prf, but they still deserve to exist. Plus it's an easy way to give three units that would otherwise be lazy throwaways some kind of distinct feature that warrants putting them in the game beyond for the sake of completion.

Wouldnt be exactly a joke of a weapon if you gave it to a really good unit, could actually be even better than their default weapon in some situations (specially if you gave it to a good seasonal unit since their weapons are usualy kind of middling already). Like, I gave a brave bow to my NY!Plumeria and she is awesome with it, it might not be the best strategy to use all the time but its still good to have the option to use it (and she still has 49Atk with the brave bow+ anyway so the low mt is not that important)

14 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Colour aside, there isn’t really anything to complain about regarding Astrid. The bad implementation is Marcia/Tanith. The former is popular enough to fill a premium slot and the latter is already in the game. By being free units, they are reducing the capacity to fill the roster.

2022 will be an interesting year as to how they handle who appears in New Heroes banners because of how there's not many women left who aren't in Heroes yet.

I already mentioned before on this topic how Lucia and Calill are the only women left from Path of Radiance, while Othin mentioned the Radiant Dawn women.  Gaiden/Echoes just has the Cipher characters Emma, Yuzu, and Shade left (They'll probably make a Valentian Est as well so she's in line with her sisters).  Manuela is the only (playable) woman missing from Three Houses, Blazing Sword has only Isadora and Vaida left, and there's none left from Conquest, as Nyx was the last one.

I can see 2022 being the last year for Heroes unless they either focus on putting more male units in the game, or by focusing heavily on alts.

15 minutes ago, FailWood said:

I can see 2022 being the last year for Heroes unless they either focus on putting more male units in the game, or by focusing heavily on alts

I think it’ll more likely be the last full year of New Heroes banners (before they get dialed back significantly) as well as for the main story.

They aren’t going to end this game if it’s still making money just because they’re running out of pre-existing characters to add.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I think it’ll more likely be the last full year of New Heroes banners (before they get dialed back significantly) as well as for the main story.

They aren’t going to end this game if it’s still making money just because they’re running out of pre-existing characters to add.

Yeah, that makes more sense.  Heroes has been one of their best games financially from the Mobile market.

14 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Tanith looks surprisingly good!  Was afraid they were going to mess up her slightly tomboy look and make her into a waifu.

Implying that a tomboy look means you are not a good waifu, when the opposite is true. SMH.

15 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Colour aside, there isn’t really anything to complain about regarding Astrid. The bad implementation is Marcia/Tanith. The former is popular enough to fill a premium slot and the latter is already in the game. By being free units, they are reducing the capacity to fill the roster.

Are you sure about that? Personally after the Jill fiasco of a character hugely requested that's also a cute girl failing miserably as a carry and after even banners with multiple cute waifus (Charlotte, Nyx, Hapi, Constance) needing an OC with them I'm starting to think IS changed how they view the remaining female characters, and they might be right.

Think about it. How many of the remaining female characters are well known and plot relevant enough to carry a banner? Maybe Lucia, Nyna and the 3H women, but that's it. And how many have a design that can be easily transformed in a big titty waifu with a chance to attract a certain demographic even when they are completely unknown like Igrene, Karla and Malice? Maybe Sonya's sisters, Maiko and Heather? 

But for the remaining ones? They aren't well known and they aren't "sexy" enough so what chances do they have to carry a banner? I say this as a fan of Marcia and a BIG fan of Tanith but they can't fulfill the "waifu" quota for the majority, so they might as well demore them and treat them as they would most male characters. 

I'm going to predict that IS will bank everythinh on 3H, fallen banners, OCs and alts for popular lords/characters in the future because the female characters left that can sell a banner are few, and the male ones are even fewer.

Muspell decided to gift Laegjarn some extra oomph up there hm? Heh guess he liked Malice. I'm happy of course, but gameplay wise she looks a bit tame, she does not even have a PRF skill like Fjorm?

Marcia, Tanith, Volke and Astrid, hell yes!

I almost did not recognize Marcia until I see her name, imo she could've used some better art.

I heard Volke is designed to kill Greil/Brave Ike if they ever touch the medallion... can he actually do it? That would be an insane attention to detail there...

Edited by Lanko

30 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Implying that a tomboy look means you are not a good waifu, when the opposite is true. SMH.

Are you sure about that? Personally after the Jill fiasco of a character hugely requested that's also a cute girl failing miserably as a carry and after even banners with multiple cute waifus (Charlotte, Nyx, Hapi, Constance) needing an OC with them I'm starting to think IS changed how they view the remaining female characters, and they might be right.

Think about it. How many of the remaining female characters are well known and plot relevant enough to carry a banner? Maybe Lucia, Nyna and the 3H women, but that's it. And how many have a design that can be easily transformed in a big titty waifu with a chance to attract a certain demographic even when they are completely unknown like Igrene, Karla and Malice? Maybe Sonya's sisters, Maiko and Heather? 

But for the remaining ones? They aren't well known and they aren't "sexy" enough so what chances do they have to carry a banner? I say this as a fan of Marcia and a BIG fan of Tanith but they can't fulfill the "waifu" quota for the majority, so they might as well demore them and treat them as they would most male characters. 

I'm going to predict that IS will bank everythinh on 3H, fallen banners, OCs and alts for popular lords/characters in the future because the female characters left that can sell a banner are few, and the male ones are even fewer.

Best waifu Niime can definitely sell a banner!

38 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And how many have a design that can be easily transformed in a big titty waifu with a chance to attract a certain demographic even when they are completely unknown like Igrene, Karla and Malice?

nervously laughs in Calill and Almedha and Largo

3 hours ago, FailWood said:

2022 will be an interesting year as to how they handle who appears in New Heroes banners because of how there's not many women left who aren't in Heroes yet.

I already mentioned before on this topic how Lucia and Calill are the only women left from Path of Radiance, while Othin mentioned the Radiant Dawn women.  Gaiden/Echoes just has the Cipher characters Emma, Yuzu, and Shade left (They'll probably make a Valentian Est as well so she's in line with her sisters).  Manuela is the only (playable) woman missing from Three Houses, Blazing Sword has only Isadora and Vaida left, and there's none left from Conquest, as Nyx was the last one.

I can see 2022 being the last year for Heroes unless they either focus on putting more male units in the game, or by focusing heavily on alts.

There's also Dorothea, Leonie and Anna, they might be in the game already (except for 3H Anna) but they still don't have an OG version yet, so they would be featured in a new heroes banners too. Also, even if she is not playable, Rhea will probably come soon too (even if she already has 3 alts in the game...)

Yeah, I think that the New Heroes banners from 2022 will be interesting too, full of male and unknown characters (from less popular games too) now that we almost ran out of waifus. Hopefully we will get Niime next year too. Probably IS will decide to start to give priority to the sexy and badass male characters to get more sales (the women will want them because they're sexy and the guys will want them because they're badass) while the remaining males and non sexy females will be pushed aside a little. And if they still don't sell well, IS will probably start to produce more sexy OCs to shove them in the banners to raise the sales.

Well, we have lots of characters from TMS, FE6 and FE5 (and FE4 too, like MOST OF GEN 2) still missing in FEH so there will probably be a ton of banners from these games next year. It is weird to imagine people complaining about FE5 flooding the game in the future like we once complained about Awakening and now about 3H flooding all the banners.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

What Jill fiasco? I thought that her banner had sold well? (also she's one of my best of the best units, like top 5 or so, so its kinda hard to belive that she flopped) 

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Best waifu Niime can definitely sell a banner!

Oh right she exists, the only senior citizen woman in the series (Disregarding Manaketes because apparently being 1,000 yrs old as a dragon is the equivalent to being a child (Nowi and Young Tiki) while 3,000 is the equivalent to being a young adult (Adult Tiki)).

There's also best waifu Meg, lol.  ...Who am I kidding?  If Meg ever got in, IS would probably alter her appearance to make it look like she's not fat even though she's one of the only two plus size women in the series.

9 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

There's also Dorothea, Leonie and Anna, they might be in the game already (except for 3H Anna) but they still don't have an OG version yet, so they would be featured in a new heroes banners too. Also, even if she is not playable, Rhea will probably come soon too (even if she already has 3 alts in the game...)

Wasn't sure if I should count 3H Anna as not in yet but I guess I could.  Dorothea and Leonie are in as alts, so I do count them as in.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Decreasing the number of New Heroes banners wouldn't solve the lack of female characters, but adding more alts to them would. They already seem to be moving in that direction with the Ascended Heroes.

1 hour ago, FailWood said:

Oh right she exists, the only senior citizen woman in the series (Disregarding Manaketes because apparently being 1,000 yrs old as a dragon is the equivalent to being a child (Nowi and Young Tiki) while 3,000 is the equivalent to being a young adult (Adult Tiki)).

There's also best waifu Meg, lol.  ...Who am I kidding?  If Meg ever got in, IS would probably alter her appearance to make it look like she's not fat even though she's one of the only two plus size women in the series.

Wasn't sure if I should count 3H Anna as not in yet but I guess I could.  Dorothea and Leonie are in as alts, so I do count them as in.

Oh, I thought that since you were saying that we're running out of characters for the new heroes banners, they shouldnt be counted in since they don't have the OG version (so they will be in the new heroes banner anyway).

Well,I decided to look for the Male:Female Ratio in FEH (or rather, how many Female units and how many male units we have in the game), I didn't found it, but I found this post on Reddit, regarding the percentage of characters of each game that got an alt in Heroes, and the percentage of males and females from each game that got in, its from a year ago but pretty interesting: 

As of last year at least, every game of the series had more females featured in FEH than males. Many people are noting that since FEH puts more women in the game than men, and since there are way less women playable than males in the mainline games, obviously that we would run out of women faster. I even found a comment of a guy that I found interesting, he was theorizing what would happen after we ran out(or almost ran out) of women to put in new heroes banners:

1.  New Heroes banners, at least from select games, are likely to shift to being more male-focused.
  2. New Heroes banners, at least from select games, are likely to include more female NPCs/antagonists a la Leila (and Sonia).

3. New Heroes banners, at least from select games, are likely to include more female alts a la Olivia and Valentian Catria.

Yes, I have a lot of free time, before someone asks.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

What Jill fiasco? I thought that her banner had sold well? (also she's one of my best of the best units, like top 5 or so, so its kinda hard to belive that she flopped) 

Sayin' this as another 'Jill being a top 5 favorite/best units' fan but her and Shinon's banner did pretty poorly. Not the "worst", but not great.

5 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

As of last year at least, every game of the series had more females featured in FEH than males.

More female characters as a percentage of female characters than male characters as a percentage of male characters, but the number of female characters as a percentage of all characters is about the same as the number of male characters as a percentage of all characters.

...Which is really just a fancy way to say that they're adding about as many female characters as male characters to Heroes, but that there are more male characters in the source games than female characters (as every game that doesn't have a dating sim element with a self-insert character has a heavily skewed ratio of male to female characters in favor of male characters).

I suspect that Marcia's Forging Bonds chains will have to do something with annoying siblings. Balthus would have been her perfect partner due to the gambling but since he already got to be in Malice support last time around. So siblings it is. 

She'll likely join the likes of Raigh, Seteth and Luthier in complaining about what a handfull their siblings are. 

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

She'll likely join the likes of Raigh, Seteth and Luthier in complaining about what a handfull their siblings are. 

One important difference, this face-

fe10-makalov.png

doesn't compensate for troublesomeness with cuteness!

You making me imagine a "Show Off Your Sibling Day" or something, and Marcia somehow hasn't made it transparently clear her brother ain't a shota/loli.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Decreasing the number of New Heroes banners wouldn't solve the lack of female characters, but adding more alts to them would. They already seem to be moving in that direction with the Ascended Heroes.

I did say earlier that them relying heavily on alts would be one of the things they'd need to do.

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh, I thought that since you were saying that we're running out of characters for the new heroes banners, they shouldnt be counted in since they don't have the OG version (so they will be in the new heroes banner anyway).

...I personally was counting the units with only alts as "in" because I'm unsure of the probability of their OG versions getting in are, but you bring up a good point.  They technically could be added still, so at that point it depends on how many units are in what people call "Alt Hell".

6 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Well,I decided to look for the Male:Female Ratio in FEH (or rather, how many Female units and how many male units we have in the game), I didn't found it, but I found this post on Reddit, regarding the percentage of characters of each game that got an alt in Heroes, and the percentage of males and females from each game that got in, its from a year ago but pretty interesting: 

As of last year at least, every game of the series had more females featured in FEH than males. Many people are noting that since FEH puts more women in the game than men, and since there are way less women playable than males in the mainline games, obviously that we would run out of women faster. I even found a comment of a guy that I found interesting, he was theorizing what would happen after we ran out(or almost ran out) of women to put in new heroes banners:

1.  New Heroes banners, at least from select games, are likely to shift to being more male-focused.
  2. New Heroes banners, at least from select games, are likely to include more female NPCs/antagonists a la Leila (and Sonia).

3. New Heroes banners, at least from select games, are likely to include more female alts a la Olivia and Valentian Catria.

Yes, I have a lot of free time, before someone asks.

I see Tokyo Mirage Session isn't there. We have four times as many girls than boys in that series! Poor Yashiro and Touma are never getting into the game.

Stats n' stuff [DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

s1ljhvcs83081.png

Ascended Laegjarn
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP

Volke
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def, Res
*Lethality is simply Dagger only in terms of inherit restrictions. It has no movement type restrictions.

Marcia
Super Asset(s): Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): none
*Spd/Def Gap 3 is the 4* unlock (*boos*).

Astrid
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def

Tanith
*Kit is Steadfast Sword+, Ardent Sacrifice, -, Sturdy Blow 2, Flier Formation 3 [4* unlock], -

Bertram
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): Spd
*Kit is Instant Sword+, -, Ignis, -, Dull Close 3, Rouse Atk/Def 3 [4* unlock]

Bertram's stat line has to be the most impressively mediocre stat line I've seen all year. And given how bad the Book V crop of GHBs were, that's saying a lot.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

More female characters as a percentage of female characters than male characters as a percentage of male characters, but the number of female characters as a percentage of all characters is about the same as the number of male characters as a percentage of all characters.

...Which is really just a fancy way to say that they're adding about as many female characters as male characters to Heroes, but that there are more male characters in the source games than female characters (as every game that doesn't have a dating sim element with a self-insert character has a heavily skewed ratio of male to female characters in favor of male characters).

I haven't checked any recent ststs for gender (personally im more of a by game record keeper) we talk units added overall then yeah, I'd say its roughly even. But if we talk about how many units they're directly trying to make money off of then I would say it leans towards female, as almost every GHB unit (ie free unit) is male and almost every legendary unit us female. So running out of girls does seem like it could upset the business model they depend on.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Stats n' stuff [DATAMINE SPOILERS]:

Reveal hidden contents

s1ljhvcs83081.png

Ascended Laegjarn
Super Flaw(s): HP

Volke
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def, Res
*Lethality is simply Dagger only in terms of inherit restrictions. It has no movement type restrictions.

Marcia
*Spd/Def Gap 3 is the 4* unlock (*boos*).

Astrid
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def

Tanith
*Kit is Steadfast Sword+, Ardent Sacrifice, -, Sturdy Blow 2, Flier Formation 3 [4* unlock], -

Bertram
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): Spd
*Kit is Instant Sword+, -, Ignis, -, Dull Close 3, Rouse Atk/Def 3 [4* unlock]

Bertram's stat line has to be the most impressively mediocre stat line I've seen all year. And given how bad the Book V crop of GHBs were, that's saying a lot.

Thanith looks as disappointing as expected.

Edited by Jotari

Stats response:

Spoiler

I was expecting Tanith to be pretty decent, but I wasn't expecting her to be quite this good, given she's the instant demote. Her superboon in Spd actually has her beat Mahnya by 1 Spd after Dragonflowers while having the same Atk, and Tanith having higher Def than Res makes her slightly better for dealing with more common physical melee units. Currently both the best free-to-play offensive sword flier and the best offensive sword flier without an exclusive weapon.

Marcia is less surprising and comfortably beats both Seteth and Deet'var for the best free-to-play offensive lance flier and Deet'var for the best offensive lance flier without an exclusive weapon.

Volke and Astrid being min-maxed to Hell and back is unsurprising. It's nice to see Volke have more physical bulk than magical bulk on top of getting +5 from his weapon, unlike Yuri, and I'm slightly less worried about his survivability.

We already saw Laegjarn's stats in the trailer, so there nothing new to see here.

And I was expecting Bertram to basically be red Orson, and... he's almost exactly red Orson. Without Dragonflowers, Bertram has +2/-1/-1/+2/+3 compared to Orson, but doesn't have an exclusive weapon, which kind of really sucks, and after Dragonflowers, Bertram's stats are whittled down to +1/-2/-2/+1/+2 compared to Orson's. Yeah, as predicted, he's yet another slow-ass unit with an Instant weapon as his default. Bleh.

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

So running out of girls dies seem like it could upset the business model they depend on.

Running out of girls is never going to happen because alts are a thing.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Thanith looks as disappointing as expected.

Are we looking at the same stats?

Edited by Ice Dragon