100% Fire Emblem Game?

TheSandsOfFate420

Alright, so I own a copy of FE Conquest. and I am almost done with it. I thought to myself while doing a chapter, is there anyone that has completed a FE game to it's max constent (DLC, Supports, Stats, units so I have to pick shura, also I will not max out movement, because there isn't enough boots in the game for that and gold). I want to do this for FE Fates, but I stumbled upon a roadblock. I would have to clear every single support conversation in FE Fates. Since I can buy the path Hoshido, I have to max supports for both Nohr and Hoshido. I first want to know in the comments if anyone has ever 100% a Fire emblem game and any exploits, or suggestions to help me complete my goal.

Edited by TheSandsOfFate420
Small changes to other things to do in fe fates

I completed the entire support log in fe7… just because, really. Too much time on my hands, I guess. If you’re not familiar with how GBA supports work, you have to have the two supporting units end their turns next to each other and they have to pass a certain turn threshold to trigger each support conversation, only one of which could be had per map. Also, each unit could have a max of five support conversations total per run (meaning they could only get one support to max rank and see every conversation). The end result was that I had a save at the beginning of a duo of maps I thought was best for support grinding and I would rush through the first one, then spend however many turns waiting (it was rarely a small number) with however many pairs I was working with (usually three iirc at a time because of the limited deployment on the next map), then activate the next conversation on the first turn of the next map and then rush through that map, wait however many turns, go to the next map and get the last conversation for each pair on the first then and then reset and load the save at the first map. Rinse and repeat forever, and I got that shiny 100% in green on the support log that slightly glitches the screen because it’s not designed to display 3 digits. Probably not worth it honestly, my original plan was to completely 100% fe7 but I never felt like doing all of the max rank runs.

For Fates specifically, you would need to buy the Revelation route, which lets you use both the Hoshido and Nohr casts, meaning it has some exclusive supports of its own. Grinding supports in Revelation would be much easier because you could just use grinding maps instead of having to rush through an actual proper chapter. However, Birthright has its own exclusive character, Yukimura, who joins at the end of that game, so you would pretty much have to play the entirety of that path to get his support and his Kana support (Yukimura’s only potential kid), as well as Izana, who joins in Birthright and Conquest but not Revelation. Conquest also has Gunter, who is playable in Revelation but Corrin can only support him on Conquest, which means another play through for you. Or, at least half of one, since Gunter doesn’t join at the end of Conquest, but more or less at the halfway point.

It's not impossible to 100% a Fire Emblem game, but a lot of the time, it's gonna take you multiple playthroughs to do so with most entries. Not really the case with Fates, though. 

If you wanted to clear all the content in an individual path, I'm pretty sure that can be done in one run. However, you wouldn't really be getting the "full experience" since everything Fates really has is divided into its three paths... not that you should get more than two paths, but...

(Also, I just wanted to mention that since you already own one path, you can get a $20 discount to download another path onto your system without buying the other physical version of the game... but you prolly already knew that).

19 hours ago, TheSandsOfFate420 said:

I can't I bought an actual game on ebay, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Just send it over through the mail and share it, duh.

17 hours ago, Sooks said:

For Fates specifically, you would need to buy the Revelation route, which lets you use both the Hoshido and Nohr casts, meaning it has some exclusive supports of its own. Grinding supports in Revelation would be much easier because you could just use grinding maps instead of having to rush through an actual proper chapter. However, Birthright has its own exclusive character, Yukimura, who joins at the end of that game, so you would pretty much have to play the entirety of that path to get his support and his Kana support (Yukimura’s only potential kid), as well as Izana, who joins in Birthright and Conquest but not Revelation. Conquest also has Gunter, who is playable in Revelation but Corrin can only support him on Conquest, which means another play through for you. Or, at least half of one, since Gunter doesn’t join at the end of Conquest, but more or less at the halfway point.

I would also like to add that there are some shenanigans with two characters in Birthright and Revelation respectively: Kaze and Scarlet.

I'll try not to spoil anything, but in Birthright, it is highly recommended that you get an A-Support between Kaze and Corrin before Chapter 15. You should have plenty of time to do that, though, since you can freely grind in Birthright.

As for Revelation, you can freely grind in it as well, and if you want to get all of Scarlet's supports (up to an A-Support with Corrin, who's her only support option, but I wouldn't recommended pairing them; you would be better off S-Supporting Scarlet in Birthright), you have until Chapter 18 to do so. However, it'd be better to get those supports in Birthright since she joins you in that route, too, so you can get the supports you need from both Kaze and Scarlet just fine with no repercussions. 

Edited by indigoasis

I had full supports in my last Blue Lions 3 Houses run (I also recruited everyone possible) and did all side quests and got the dropped weapons from monster battles that were versions of the regalia in Shadow Dragon (those were a pain to get).  

In Radiant Dawn I did the transfer file and beat it twice to get the extra content about Soren.

Anyway yeah it is possible 100% a FE game, but it takes me at least 2 playthroughs to do it.

Sacred Stones is the only FE game where you can finish the entire support library in a single playthrough. It's an open map game with multiple save slots and no route split-exclusive characters. So what you would do is initiate the support conversation in say the first floor of the Tower, grind up the next stage of the conversation and finish the map. Continue until you reach A, all the while saving that game to a second save slot in order to "record" that conversation to your support library. Return to your first save slot and repeat for the next pairing. As long as you avoid initiating any A rank conversations, you can do this at the end of any playthrough in order to earn that sweet sweet 100%. That's a breath of fresh air compared to attempting to finish the support library of FE7 over 10 or so careful playthroughs, but still it's a process that will take you many hours of mindless grinding. In my opinion SS's support quality is generally excellent enough to warrant that kind of grind.

Unfortunately I think you do still need to beat sacred Stones twice - one on each route - in order to get all the music library. 

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

Sacred Stones is probably the easiest to 100%, you can use a second save file and post game grinding to unlock the entire support log (just don't bother with supports before completing the game, that way you don't have to complete the game again to unlock more than one A support on a character). Plus the grinding can get all your units to max level, and get stat boosters to cap stats.

19 hours ago, TheSandsOfFate420 said:

I want to do this for FE Fates, but I stumbled upon a roadblock. I would have to clear every single support conversation in FE Fates. Since I can buy the path Hoshido, I have to max supports for both Nohr and Hoshido. I first want to know in the comments if anyone has ever 100% a Fire emblem game and any exploits, or suggestions to help me complete my goal.

One thing that helps, is to use a second save slot to unlock S supports, that way you can unlock an S support in the support logs, and can then go back to the older save slot to unlock another S support with the same character without having to restart your save (overwriting the second save slot every time...). Timing thing with unlocking child units would get a little finicky, but there is a lot of progress you can make with a single campaign. Also I will note that you can use online castle battles to grind supports, even in Conquest.

23 hours ago, TheSandsOfFate420 said:

Alright, so I own a copy of FE Conquest. and I am almost done with it. I thought to myself while doing a chapter, is there anyone that has completed a FE game to it's max constent (DLC, Supports, Stats, units so I have to pick shura, also I will not max out movement, because there isn't enough boots in the game for that and gold). I want to do this for FE Fates, but I stumbled upon a roadblock. I would have to clear every single support conversation in FE Fates. Since I can buy the path Hoshido, I have to max supports for both Nohr and Hoshido. I first want to know in the comments if anyone has ever 100% a Fire emblem game and any exploits, or suggestions to help me complete my goal.

No FE game defines what 100% is so it is completely subjective what this could mean. There are many other games that have a completion meter that define objectively what 100% is in those games. As far as FE, 100% could mean getting every single item, support, character, and so on, but there is nothing to tell you that this is any more 100% than just getting every character or something. I think the closest thing to 100%ing an FE game that the game actually defines for you is full recruitment, as every game shows how many characters are alive at the end. Also, full recruitment is generally the most interesting thing for a "100%" FE speedrun category as sitting around and getting every item does not sound very interesting, though I suppose also that recruiting every character in some FE games is also pretty boring ( especially 3H lmao). Also you can't really carry over proof that you got all of x in multiple playthroughs because in many cases it is impossible to get everything in one playthrough.

Anyway, didn't mean to say you can't do what you're doing but what I mean is that given the game not defining it for you, you can sort of do what you want to define what "100%" is to get around whatever limitations the games have.

Fire Emblem Fates would be pretty doable if you go Revelations, since you have access to all units, and the grinding chapters, which you can use to max out supports and S rank people. The game also has items that let you get addition levels, so you could use the gold from the grinding maps to buy more of those, it would take a while, but maxing levels should be possible. Thought, you can only S rank somebody once per game, so if you wanted to get all the S rank pairings that would take MANY playthroughs. 

Spoiler related note, that might/will prevent you from 100% revelations if you are not careful... This is a spoiler for revelations

Spoiler

This is a spoiler for revelations. You have been warned lol

Spoiler

be sure to max out scarlet BEFORE you start ch 18 of the revelations route. 

There is also a character that has no supports in revelations but has them in conquest, so technically that could stop your 100% too depending on how you look at it...

Edit: Conquest, is not possible, since it has no grinding chapters. Getting all supports is not going to happen in the time allowed, and you will certainly not be maxing out many peoples stats, unless there is some secret strategy I am unaware of. 

Edited by pizzadragon21

18 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Sacred Stones is the only FE game where you can finish the entire support library in a single playthrough. It's an open map game with multiple save slots and no route split-exclusive characters. So what you would do is initiate the support conversation in say the first floor of the Tower, grind up the next stage of the conversation and finish the map. Continue until you reach A, all the while saving that game to a second save slot in order to "record" that conversation to your support library. Return to your first save slot and repeat for the next pairing. As long as you avoid initiating any A rank conversations, you can do this at the end of any playthrough in order to earn that sweet sweet 100%. That's a breath of fresh air compared to attempting to finish the support library of FE7 over 10 or so careful playthroughs, but still it's a process that will take you many hours of mindless grinding. In my opinion SS's support quality is generally excellent enough to warrant that kind of grind.

Unfortunately I think you do still need to beat sacred Stones twice - one on each route - in order to get all the music library. 

@Zapp Branniglenn

Does what u said for completing the support log for FE8 for Fire Emblem Fates? this would make it SO much easier. (I can buy Birthright and Revalation)

Edited by TheSandsOfFate420