Would you like to see a FE fighting game?

Ace_

7 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

I didn’t mean to sound attacked because I wasn’t, but really does feel like the majority of people here don’t understand that the reason Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses gets the most reps because they are the games that sold the most, especially for the international audiences, since the first 6 were never released and the ones were just not very popular games until the launch of Awakening. The people here on Reddit and on these forums are a very small minority compared to FE fan base worldwide. Our opinion doesn’t really mean much compared to worldwide fan base. If you don’t believe me in that the majority of fanbase outside of these forums and Reddit struggle to like characters that weren’t Awakening, Three Houses, and Fates, watch this video and skip to 22:17 where someone will explain how they couldn’t stay invested in Heroes because of the fact they got characters that came from games that weren’t launched internationally or just not a popular game. 

The problem is outside of Ike, the cast of POR and RD is quite unrecognizable for the majority of the newer players brought through the 3DS games. I only really got exposed through them through Heroes and this site, and even then, I can’t say I care about the cast that much, including Ike. I don’t even know the entirety of the cast what kinds of units they are, what’s personality, what is their best class, etc. In contrast, I’m sure I could write an essay all about the Three Houses cast, like who they are, what’s their histories, what’s their best classes, what are their supports about etc. Your’re probably in a very small minority who would prefer RD over Three Houses, and if you won’t pay for the games due to the lack of POR and RD, that’s ok, there is already a huge fanbase who’d prefer representation from Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses over POR and RD any day of the week. 

One approach to this question could be, "how would you feel if the game catered only to your favourite three continuties", and while I think most would probably say they're of the opinion that things should be represented fairly and unbiasedly, I at least am willing to admit I'd be massively stoked if the game inexplicably gave us noting but Jugdral, Valentia and Tellius. Sure it's not the most fair, but if the fanservice is catering towards me specifically then I wouldn't be complaining (well at least on the roster front). Favouritism works that way.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

One approach to this question could be, "how would you feel if the game catered only to your favourite three continuties", and while I think most would probably say they're of the opinion that things should be represented fairly and unbiasedly, I at least am willing to admit I'd be massively stoked if the game inexplicably gave us noting but Jugdral, Valentia and Tellius. Sure it's not the most fair, but if the fanservice is catering towards me specifically then I wouldn't be complaining (well at least on the roster front). Favouritism works that way.

Alright, fine I understand the picture. You guys want every game to have an equal representation, I'm just not saying that its not realistic for every game to have equal amount of representation considering that the 3DS era and the era after that are the ones that helped Fire Emblem gained international appeal, hence why it makes most sense to have to games characters marketed the most.

50 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Alright, fine I understand the picture. You guys want every game to have an equal representation, I'm just not saying that its not realistic for every game to have equal amount of representation considering that the 3DS era and the era after that are the ones that helped Fire Emblem gained international appeal, hence why it makes most sense to have to games characters marketed the most.

But that's not really what I said.

Edited by Jotari

9 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

No one said equal representation; we said fair representation, and I even gave some examples to show that you wouldn't need that many characters to give the Tellius games and the rest fair representation. Having the 3DS games, Shadow Dragon, and Three Houses marketed the most does make sense; we're just saying that they shouldn't get 100% of the marketing.

I don't know if you're accidentally misinterpreting our arguments or deliberately misconstruing them, but I don't know how we could be more clear. If you are deliberately misconstruing them, please stop.

Edited by vanguard333

28 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

we said fair representation, and I even gave some examples to show that you wouldn't need that many characters to give the Tellius games and the rest fair representation. Having the 3DS games, Shadow Dragon, and Three Houses marketed the most does make sense; we're just saying that they shouldn't get 100% of the marketing.

Alright, I get it. Fair and equal are not treated same thing. No need to get so frustrated.

9 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Alright, I get it. Fair and equal are not treated same thing. No need to get so frustrated.

…I'm completely calm; what made you think I wasn't? Seriously; I want to know since I struggle to convey tone in normal conversation, let alone online.

Edited by vanguard333

I don't know if I'd want it, actually, and I love fighting games. Like others here, I've basically been burned one too many times when it comes to FE representation in spinoffs or whatnot. There is also the concern of T-rpgs and fighters being two niche genres to begin with, with little overlap in terms of appeal. In other words it likely wouldn't sell well.

If we were to assume money wasn't a concern, everything was perfect, everyone was pleased and general Smash fans gave us their blessing... I guess why not? Right? Why not.

Edited by Cysx