Favorite Edelgard design?

Ace_

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

unknown.png

You were waiting to use that, weren't you?

I prefer the part 1 design. She looks like a goat in part 2. What? Are you going to headbutt the enemy? Get outta here.

Part II design for sure ( You should fear someone who intentionaly uses white pants on the battlefield)

Also dancer design too because every character is cool on them. And her Emperor design is cool too. And of course, her alternative hairstyle is awesone. This is not in order of preference. My least favorite gotta be her academy design

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Post timeskip for me. I like how striking it is, that she exudes an aura of danger like very few female FE characters ever have.
Not sure which I like more between the regular and emperor one, though. The color unity of the first one is great, but I like how battle ready the emperor design looks. High heels aside.

Definitely post-timeskip here.

I really wasn't interested in the game from its early release information. School setting no thanks, and the mains looked like takes on anime teenagers with the most noteworthy thing being that one of them seemed to be a person of colour. It was definitely the timeskip reveal that got me interested in the game*, and a huge part of that was the re-designs of the lords. They looked like war leaders, and Edelgard in particular just looked powerful and intimidating in a way which female protagonists often aren't allowed to be, particularly in this series.

*to be clear it's a new Fire Emblem and I was always gonna buy it, but this was when I started getting excited to do so

9 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

School setting no thanks, and the mains looked like takes on anime teenagers with the most noteworthy thing being that one of them seemed to be a person of colour.

But they're all people of color. Edelgard is red, Dimitri is blue, and Claude is yellow. I thought theming was pretty obvious.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, Cysx said:

Post timeskip for me. I like how striking it is, that she exudes an aura of danger like very few female FE characters ever have.
Not sure which I like more between the regular and emperor one, though. The color unity of the first one is great, but I like how battle ready the emperor design looks. High heels aside.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:36 AM, vanguard333 said:

Her pre-timeskip design is definitely good, but I think her first timeskip design is the best. She looks like a commander; one that would be reassuring to allies and intimidating to enemies.

Oh, yeah! I agree with both of these comments! And for an outfit to make an 1,58m tall woman intimitating it has to be awesome!

On 11/23/2021 at 1:23 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

But they're all people of color. Edelgard is red, Dimitri is blue, and Claude is yellow. I thought theming was pretty obvious.

Common, man, take it easy on the guy, he might be daltonic! But yeah, the theming is pretty obvious for non daltonic people.

Pretty much every post-timeskip design is better in Three Houses, despite some of the designs having a couple minor issues for me. Edelgard is lucky in that both her designs are excellent, but her post-timeskip blows her pre-timeskip out of the water. Love the hair, crown(?) and clothes. They even nailed her facial expression pretty well. Grim. (Never liked how pre-timeskip Edelgard has a tiny smile. She almost never actually does smile as I recall).

3 hours ago, Theghostcreator said:

I'd say her pre timeskip design, her post timeskip design has weird ways of making her look absolutely insane, the Byleth Edelgard S support ending art is just one example, but there are more for sure.

I hate like 98% of those S support arts, they're AWFUL! Not trying to invalidate what you said because of that, I'm just saying that I like her post TS design, but the S support art is so crappy that even Edelgard was ugly there, THAT EVEN EDELGARD WAS UGLY, so I refuse to use that crappy art as an argument for saying anything about any of the designs myself. Again, not trying to invalidate what you said just because I hate those chernobyl arts (yeah, I hate them THAT much, sorry...) , but apart from that example I can't think of any other place that she looks absolutely insane, is it the cutscenes? one of her 2D sprites? the concept art? Or anywhere else? Not trying to look smug or to impose my opinion as the ultimate one or anything, I'm just kinda curious to know where she looks insane . 

I love her first timeskip design the most, she's supposed to be an intimidating and powerful figure and this design captures that perfectly, plus I like horns.

It's a shame that you can't use the outfit while she's in Wyvern Rider/Lord, she doesn't have any good infantry class since War Master is locked to male-only.

I prefer her post-timeskip design due to how regal and imposing it makes her look, though the way she did her hair... I found it was silly and out-of-character. It's like she was trying too hard to look like a stereotypical evil empress. It would've been better for her to stick to her old hairdo, or go with the ponytail that the devs added in as an extra.

This kind of reminds me of how some characters (like Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2) went with erotic outfits that don't make sense in the context of the story or wearers' characterization, though in this case, the motivation at least made some sense in-universe.