What are the characters that you would really like to see being featured in a specific seasonal banner?

ARMADS!!!

On topic of Summer Edelgard, while it would be an immediate cash crab, there's one thing people are forgetting. Her scars from TWSID. Edelgard is very self conscious about them, so it's doubtful she'd wear a modern swimsuit. It'd probably be one of those Victorian longjohn type of things and her being defensive about her choice to wear it. 

4 hours ago, silverserpent said:

On topic of Summer Edelgard, while it would be an immediate cash crab, there's one thing people are forgetting. Her scars from TWSID. Edelgard is very self conscious about them, so it's doubtful she'd wear a modern swimsuit. It'd probably be one of those Victorian longjohn type of things and her being defensive about her choice to wear it. 

Oh, I didn't even know about these scars, never played 3H. But regardless of what she happens to wear, IS will surely make a sexy version of this, even if it is a victorian swimswit, otherwise they won't give as much money as they could with a S!Edelgard.

5 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Eh, it’s never confirmed she has scars and it’s not like FEH would bother with accuracy over fanservice anyway. Personally I’d just be sad if she didn’t have floaties or something while learning to swim. Although Edelgard in one of the old stripy bathing suits would be great too. Also is it time enough that spoilers aren’t needed?

I guess might as well put the banner I would kill for up here.

Bring back the ballroom banner for this one, I want everybody in fancy dress. The Cornwell trio and the Ashen Wolves minus Balthus.

Harmonic Constance and Raven. Maybe chatting about how they used to attend events like this pretty often and their differing views on them. Constance egging Raven to dance. Weapon is Connie’s fan.

Yuri as the second banner star. Lucius as the third 5 star. Hapi as the demote. Priscilla as the TT reward. All dressed to the nines with different views on parties.

Like I would straight up whale for this one.

Let's see, I'd want to see includes (but isn't limited to):

Winter: Lysithea, Annette, Haar
New Year's: Fafnir, Caineghis, Skrimir
Plegian: Henry, F!Robin (as Robin, not Grima) and Leo Harmonic
Valentine's: Cordelia (preferably as a Harmonic with Ingrid), Catria, Sigurd
Spring: Cherche, Nowi, Owain
Young: Elena & Mist Duo, Ike, Gawain, Soren
Bridal: flower girl Elise and flower girl Delthea (either separate or as a Harmonic), groom Klein
Summer: Lucina (no "Marth" doesn't count, gimme that Cipher swimsuit), Azura, Eirika, Ephraim, Ayra, Erinys
Pirate: Dimitri, Basilio, Muspell
Ballroom (or whatever they do here in 2022): M!Robin (as Robin, not Grima) and F!Byleth Harmonic, Chrom, Sumia, Hilda
Halloween: Flayn and Lilith Harmonic, Seteth, F!Corrin
Ninja: Sakura, Beruka, Niles

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Young: Elena & Mist Duo

I actually made a dream duo of them a while back. Here's the concept from back then:

Elena + baby Mist (like, actual baby, not a child yet, but POSSIBLY a young toddler. I'm imagining a similar age to Child Est) (FE9) -- Child banner, Dancing banner, or just an alt. An armored tome unit with a sing skill, from when Elena would sing to Mist. Tiny Mist may try to sing along a bit when her mother hums her lullaby.

Looks like we're on the same page. 🙂

18 hours ago, TuxedoBird said:

Eh, it’s never confirmed she has scars and it’s not like FEH would bother with accuracy over fanservice anyway. Personally I’d just be sad if she didn’t have floaties or

18 hours ago, TuxedoBird said:

I guess might as well put the banner I would kill for up here.

Bring back the ballroom banner for this one, I want everybody in fancy dress. The Cornwell trio and the Ashen Wolves minus Balthus.

Harmonic Constance and Raven. Maybe chatting about how they used to attend events like this pretty often and their differing views on them. Constance egging Raven to dance. Weapon is Connie’s fan.

Yuri as the second banner star. Lucius as the third 5 star. Hapi as the demote. Priscilla as the TT reward. All dressed to the nines with different views on parties.

Like I would straight up whale for this one.

something while learning to swim. Although Edelgard in one of the old stripy bathing suits would be great too. Also is it time enough that spoilers aren’t needed?

I had the impression that they wouldnt mind to ditch canon for fanservice too, but I idk, think that this surprinsingly never happened yet (excluding the "I simp for kiran!!!" kind of waifu fanservice with non OC characters I guess), as far as I know. Also, I always pictured S!Edelgard with floaties too, she GOTTA have this.

Ballroom would be nice, I find it pretty bad that the 3 Houses characters used their regular academy clothes on the ball, it was pretty lazy to do that. Idk if theres an actual in story motive or excuse for that, is there? Or it was just laziness to create a ball attire for everyone? (never played the game so idk, also weirdly no one talks about this on forums for some reason) I've already seen plenty of fanart of the ballroom and the characters are always using such nice and fancy clothes, sometimes even fancy masks, it would be such a waste to never do this. As I've already said in this thread, I'm always up for fancy ball banners.

Also now that book V ended and we got no Fafnir, I want him to be released in the next fallen banner. 

7 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Ballroom would be nice, I find it pretty bad that the 3 Houses characters used their regular academy clothes on the ball, it was pretty lazy to do that. Idk if theres an actual in story motive or excuse for that, is there? Or it was just laziness to create a ball attire for everyone? (never played the game so idk, also weirdly no one talks about this on forums for some reason) I've already seen plenty of fanart of the ballroom and the characters are always using such nice and fancy clothes, sometimes even fancy masks, it would be such a waste to never do this. As I've already said in this thread, I'm always up for fancy ball banners.

Also now that book V ended and we got no Fafnir, I want him to be released in the next fallen banner. 

IIRC the ballroom event didn't show dancing, it was just like any other conversation.  I think it would've been really resource-intensive to make a specially-dressed artwork for literally one scene.  Though it would be cool if it was included in an artbook!

As for Fafnir, just his crazy version?  His sane version will probably be a Mythic (or forgotten entirely like Freyr, who is still a seasonal-only).

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

IIRC the ballroom event didn't show dancing, it was just like any other conversation.  I think it would've been really resource-intensive to make a specially-dressed artwork for literally one scene.  Though it would be cool if it was included in an artbook!

As for Fafnir, just his crazy version?  His sane version will probably be a Mythic (or forgotten entirely like Freyr, who is still a seasonal-only).

Fafnir remaining unplayable in any form would actually make a great deal of sense, as he's from the summoner's world and thus not a hero in the same sense as everyone else. If Fafnir can be summoned then that would mean other variations of Kiran can be summoned too, which is a bit weird. And if Earth is just a regular old world heroes can be summoned from then logically the game should be a Fates cross over as there are plenty of real world heroes ripe for summoning. Though TMS cast being from Earth sort of muddles that point already. If course they could just ignore the Lore implications if Fafnir being a real boy and make him playable anyway (which now that I think of it, his brother is playable,  right? And also from Earth? I can't remember the exact specifics of the story and if he is playable I haven't summoned him yet).

Edited by Jotari

13 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I had the impression that they wouldnt mind to ditch canon for fanservice too, but I idk, think that this surprinsingly never happened yet (excluding the "I simp for kiran!!!" kind of waifu fanservice with non OC characters I guess), as far as I know. Also, I always pictured S!Edelgard with floaties too, she GOTTA have this.

It's not laziness to skip doing one frivolous thing in order to focus on more critical aspects of game development. Sure, it would have been nice, but it wouldn't have made much sense. Garreg Mach (I'm sure I butchered that spelling) is basically a boarding school. Sure, students can go out into town and do some shopping, and they can contact their families and exchange mail, but the school is also trying to minimize the social gap between the students. (This was mentioned when they had to admit that the dorms for the commoners were in a different location from those of the nobility, but otherwise they tried to treat their students fairly.) When you have royals who could send for an ultra-fancy outfit from home, and commoners who could barely pay the tuition, it would create a mismatched and awkward environment to have students dress up for the ball. Honestly, it just avoids a lot of complication to have students dress in their uniforms (which are actually pretty fancy to begin with.)

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

There was dancing at the ball in 3H. Not only is there a short cutscene of it, and of Claude asking Byleth to dance, but it's also when the dancing competition takes place, so there's even a mechanic involved there.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Fafnir remaining unplayable in any form would actually make a great deal of sense, as he's from the summoner's world and thus not a hero in the same sense as everyone else. If Fafnir can be summoned then that would mean other variations of Kiran can be summoned too, which is a bit weird. And if Earth is just a regular old world heroes can be summoned from then logically the game should be a Fates cross over as there are plenty of real world heroes ripe for summoning. Though TMS cast being from Earth sort of muddles that point already. If course they could just ignore the Lore implications if Fafnir being a real boy and make him playable anyway (which now that I think of it, his brother is playable,  right? And also from Earth? I can't remember the exact specifics of the story and if he is playable I haven't summoned him yet).

Fanir isn't from our world, though. He's just from one of the multitude of FE-like worlds floating around out there.

23 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Fanir isn't from our world, though. He's just from one of the multitude of FE-like worlds floating around out there.

Oh is he? You sure? I was under the impression he was just like Kiran for some reason. I kind of like the notion better if he is as it sort of makes him more special. If he's just from a random Fire Emblem like world then my gut instinct (which is my pretty regular intuition when it comes to Heroes's story) is that he should have just been a actual Fire Emblem character instead of an OC. If they could actually reuse his design in a future actual Fire Emblem game (even as a random NPC) then that'd be a pretty amusing way of adhering to that continuity. He's a minor character from a future Fire Emblem game! I don't actually expect them to do that though, but needless adherence to lore over multiple titles is exactly my kind of fanservice.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh is he? You sure? I was under the impression he was just like Kiran for some reason. I kind of like the notion better if he is as it sort of makes him more special. If he's just from a random Fire Emblem like world then my gut instinct (which is my pretty regular intuition when it comes to Heroes's story) is that he should have just been a actual Fire Emblem character instead of an OC. If they could actually reuse his design in a future actual Fire Emblem game (even as a random NPC) then that'd be a pretty amusing way of adhering to that continuity. He's a minor character from a future Fire Emblem game! I don't actually expect them to do that though, but needless adherence to lore over multiple titles is exactly my kind of fanservice.

He comes from a small kingdom where he was a soldier with a relatively unremarkable life, and he had a wife and daughter. That's the hard canon, but the implied canon is that said world is just one of many out there, and certainly not the modern world Kiran comes from. Also, since FEH's canon has its characters able to go to and connect with other worlds in general, and not strictly FE worlds, really there's no limit on this. Basically, it's an extension of FEH's world, just one without an open gate leading to it. (However, there is a closed gate in Askr Castle that leads to it, since Fafnir felt drawn to it and demanded that Henriette, and then Alfonse open it. So, he was thiiiis close to going home, but the Askran royals refused.)

So, yeah, he's a FEH character and doesn't need to be a part of another FE game. It expands on the FEH world canon, there being a bunch of worlds and timelines out there that all could be accessed if the Askr royalty/Askr himself/Breidablik chose to.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

He comes from a small kingdom where he was a soldier with a relatively unremarkable life, and he had a wife and daughter. That's the hard canon, but the implied canon is that said world is just one of many out there, and certainly not the modern world Kiran comes from. Also, since FEH's canon has its characters able to go to and connect with other worlds in general, and not strictly FE worlds, really there's no limit on this. Basically, it's an extension of FEH's world, just one without an open gate leading to it. (However, there is a closed gate in Askr Castle that leads to it, since Fafnir felt drawn to it and demanded that Henriette, and then Alfonse open it. So, he was thiiiis close to going home, but the Askran royals refused.)

So, yeah, he's a FEH character and doesn't need to be a part of another FE game. It expands on the FEH world canon, there being a bunch of worlds and timelines out there that all could be accessed if the Askr royalty/Askr himself/Breidablik chose to.

Still him showing up as an easter egg in a future Fire Emblem would lend to him being less random and part of a specific continuity.

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

Oh, of course that I want his OG version too (I mean -people who don't give a crap about the OCs aside- who doesn't?), its just that I was talking about the seasonals so I only mentioned the fallen banner. Unfortunately I think that his OG alt will be completely ignored, as far as I know we never had an OG version of an OC of a previous book after a new one was released, did we? Ok, I was really excited to have Thórr and I'm still pretty happy that she is on the game, but maybe it would have been better to release Fafnir instead of her right now since she would have had more chances to be released later while he probably wont. This is pretty weird since there's lot of demand for him, its WAY less understandable than Freyr not getting his OG alt.

IMHO, I think that IS will release NY!Fafnir first so everyone will spend money on him thinking that this will be the only version of Fafnir that they will ever be able to summon, but some months later IS will release the actual Fafnir so people will spend their money again because everyone wants OG!Fafnir more than RandomSeasonal!Fafnir, so they will make more money this way than they would if they released OG!Fafnir first then NY!Fafnir (because the latter would only come out a month after the OG version and people would think "yeah, but I already have the actual Fafnir and he is way cooler than this seasonal, maybe I would have summoned seasonal Fafnir if it was his fallen version, but NY Fafnir...meh") so less money. Idk, maybe something like this happened with Triandra and NY!Triandra(I know its NY Peony but you know what I mean) last year and IS didnt want to do the same thing again so they decided to release the NY banner before actual Fafnir. Thats the only thing that comes to my head right now, almost anything else wouldnt make sense.

It's not laziness to skip doing one frivolous thing in order to focus on more critical aspects of game development. Sure, it would have been nice, but it wouldn't have made much sense. Garreg Mach (I'm sure I butchered that spelling) is basically a boarding school. Sure, students can go out into town and do some shopping, and they can contact their families and exchange mail, but the school is also trying to minimize the social gap between the students. (This was mentioned when they had to admit that the dorms for the commoners were in a different location from those of the nobility, but otherwise they tried to treat their students fairly.) When you have royals who could send for an ultra-fancy outfit from home, and commoners who could barely pay the tuition, it would create a mismatched and awkward environment to have students dress up for the ball. Honestly, it just avoids a lot of complication to have students dress in their uniforms (which are actually pretty fancy to begin with.)

There was dancing at the ball in 3H. Not only is there a short cutscene of it, and of Claude asking Byleth to dance, but it's also when the dancing competition takes place, so there's even a mechanic involved there.

Well, good point. And yeah, the uniforms are already pretty fancy indeed. I also knew about the Byleth and Claude dance but since I never played the game I thought that I could have mistaken it with something else so I just didnt mention it. 

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

I also think that he isnt, but I'm going to play devil's advocate anyway: We can't know wheter Fafnir is from our world or not, like, there's no reason for anyone to think he is, but still be COUUUUULD be, I've even seen some people saying that they prefer to think that he is (usually because they want more paralells between him and Kiran), and theres nothing to prove them wrong (yeah, I know that "theres nothing to prove you wrong" is not a valid argument but you know what I mean here). Who knows, maybe this is even one of the reasons why IS chose to not reveal his actual name, so we could theorize that he is from our world in case he had a very "Normal" name?(probably not, but still) But anyway, I don't think that there is any rule stopping us from summoning people from Earth, its just that the heroes from other worlds are better I guess, thats why we can summon TMS guys, they're using that "transformation" (Sorry, I have no idea of how that is called, but you know, its not a real human power that they have), so if some random human guy could do a job similar to another FE multiverse hero I guess that Breidablik wouldn't stop them from being summonable (idk I think that we will have a Kiran alts in the future).

Hadn't Eitri said somewhere that she somehow destroyed the portal that would lead him back to his world? I'm not exactly sure but I think she did?

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Still him showing up as an easter egg in a future Fire Emblem would lend to him being less random and part of a specific continuity.

Yeah, like, he would probably have a little different design and obviously a different name and probably a little different personality (from sane Fafnir, nor crazy obviously) too? But if we ever happened to have a FE character that has a kinda similar design and shares the same vague backstory that Fafnir has, I would already be pretty happy.

37 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It would be a fun easter egg for sure. ^_^ I just don't think IS is going to go that route, especially since they don't actually need to.

12 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh, of course that I want his OG version too (I mean -people who don't give a crap about the OCs aside- who doesn't?), its just that I was talking about the seasonals so I only mentioned the fallen banner.

The Fallen heroes are actually not seasonal since they're put into the general summoning pool.

Hadn't Eitri said somewhere that she somehow destroyed the portal that would lead him back to his world? I'm not exactly sure but I think she did?

Nope. It's just his mind she broke.

9 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It would be a fun easter egg for sure. ^_^ I just don't think IS is going to go that route, especially since they don't actually need to.

The Fallen heroes are actually not seasonal since they're put into the general summoning pool.

Nope. It's just his mind she broke.

Oh, so THATS what seasonal exactly means? I thought that it were the heroes that are always launched in a scheduled banner/in the same time of the year every year (and also those banners related to festivals even if they're never repeated again, like, who knows if we're getting the day of the 12 or the plegian festival again?), so in this case the Fallen banner would count. Oh, well, we learn something nre everyday I guess. (also of course that I didnt count mythics and legendaries on this, before someone calls me out)

6 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh, so THATS what seasonal exactly means? I thought that it were the heroes that are always launched in a scheduled banner/in the same time of the year every year (and also those banners related to festivals even if they're never repeated again, like, who knows if we're getting the day of the 12 or the plegian festival again?), so in this case the Fallen banner would count. Oh, well, we learn something nre everyday I guess. (also of course that I didnt count mythics and legendaries on this, before someone calls me out)

You have it half right. If the unit ONLY appears on the debut banner, reruns of the banner, and during special events (such as that one where people get to choose which already-released unit everyone gets a free copy of, or by use of a forma soul, etc.) then that hero is probably a seasonal hero. Plus, seasonal banners are clearly marked as such. Basically, seasonal units are only available as focus units. The Plegian banner was a seasonal one, as was the picnic banner and the reoccurring dancer banners, to give a few non-holiday examples. The Fallen banners are interesting in that they look like seasonal banners, but technically aren't. (Brave heroes are in the same boat.) Another tell is that Fallen heroes don't get their own paralogue maps.

Bride: neurotic bride Fiora; loony bride Marisha, posh bride Clair; Eirika nodding to Awakening, sad bride Nyna; emotional bride Neimi; tomboy bride Sully, shy bride Florina, dancer bride Olivia, clumsy bride Felicia... 

Child banner: Celica, Alm, and the villagers. Or maybe Roy, Lilina, Guinivere and two other Binding Blade units of their choice. They all have established  child's designs. 

Ball: Zephiel's birthday themed banner. They can add any Blazing Blade unit of their choice + small Zephiel or Helene being GHB. Florina or Rebecca in a ball gowns would be awesome and they don't have alts yet. Pente & Louise or Zephiel & Louise could make good duos for this banner. 

Plegia: At least Validar, Morgan or Henry, probably being GHB units. 

Valentine: Jeralt and Sitri if it features 3H. Cordelia and Chrom if it's Awakening. 

Fallen: Awakening themed risen banner. Chrom, Maribelle, Sully; Donnel, Lonqu or Virion GHB fallen Nowi, (or Emmeryn for... lol)

Pirate: Pirate Petra would be cool as a nod to Brigid. Farina, Celica, Saber, Ross and Claude fit as well. 

Ninja: Lon'qu, Drew, Sothe, Marissa, Xander, Azura 

Halloween:  Sumia since she likes the roleplaying thing. Owain, Ophelia, Cynthia. If they keep the dragon theme, then Flayn. 

Edited by genesis

I said this in the Duo/Harmonic units thread, but since it's more about seasonal units than duo units, I thought I'd put it here, too.

4 hours ago, genesis said:

Cordelia & Chrom could work as well. Pretty sure it would sell. 

Actually, them as a bride and groom would be good. They can't actually support in their home game, and since it's just costumes and they're not actually getting married, it could help Cordelia cope while Chrom is just all "what a fun festival!"

It'd be funny if Lucina's there, too, and awkwardly being all "you're not my mom but I don't want to tell you that because you seem like you're having so much fun but it's weird seeing you crush on my dad." Maybe Severa could be there, too, being embarrassed by her mom. And, just for kicks, we could have Subaki being there being all "You look just like my daughter and I feel weird about this." This is already perfect, but we do need 1 more unit here to account for the banner and the TT+, so... I guess we don't have Bride Camilla yet, she'd sell, and she could keep calling Severa "Selena." Whether or not this Severa has already been to Nohr or not would determine how she responds to Camilla. Anyway, this whole Bridal banner would be a whole mess of identity crisis comedy. It has a fem majority, it has a duo, it has enough units for a banner and a TT+, it represents 2 games, and it even has both Nohrian and Hoshidan representation, so it follows with all the required precedents, plus a little more. A plausible banner...buuuuuut I don't know that IS will actually put this together.