Wyvern Lord Hapi is HYPE!! No joke!!

So I was just doing a casual playthrough and fooling around with a couple of units (including my precious best girl, Hapi, as always lol). I decided to try some silly builds on some of my units. So I see the budding talemt for Hapi is.... axes? So I decide, you know what? Let me give her some strength growth since hers is actually pretty decent for a mage. Put her in brigand>mage>wyvern>wyvern lord and this is how she turned out!!

Now imagine if I picked up Darting blow, Death blow or even Axe crit +10. Her crit with a killer axe would have been in the 70's when strapped with a Critcal ring!! She can hit in both Physical and magic, due to her natural magic and resistance growth being so good. She only needs to sit in mage until she masters it for fiendish blow and it will be enough to keep her main stats up and let the growths from the axe classes bring her other stats to a whopping 30+ on almost every stat.

That way she can crit with killer axe and use magic range damage with bolt axe, while her strength and speed compensate the weapon weight pretty well honestly!! She knows. She's buff as heck. What of it? It's canon after all 😏

20211118_213159.jpg

20211118_213201.jpg

20211118_213203.jpg

Edited by TheChoZenOne

12 hours ago, TheChoZenOne said:

She's buff as heck. What of it? It's canon after all

What? No offense dude, but no way. Look at those normal-lookin' arms, even I could take Hapi in a fight.

Respect for the Bolt Axe though, it's a cool weapon.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

What? No offense dude, but no way. Look at those normal-lookin' arms, even I could take Hapi in a fight.

Respect for the Bolt Axe though, it's a cool weapon.

I was talking about her dialogue lol

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Jury's out on that one until you tell us what your speed is.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, TheChoZenOne said:

So I was just doing a casual playthrough and fooling around with a couple of units (including my precious best girl, Hapi, as always lol). I decided to try some silly builds on some of my units. So I see the budding talemt for Hapi is.... axes? So I decide, you know what? Let me give her some strength growth since hers is actually pretty decent for a mage. Put her in brigand>mage>wyvern>wyvern lord and this is how she turned out!!

Neat! I've considered taking Hapi down a Wyvern route in a future playthrough. I do have a couple suggestions to possibly improve this build. If you upgrade her Bolt Axe (to Bolt Axe+), she'll gain an extra point of attacking range, thus avoiding counter-attacks from most monsters. Also, you can drop Reason Prowess from her skill set - so long as she's in Wyvern Lord, it does her no favors. Maybe replace it with Death Blow?

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Jury's out on that one until you tell us what your speed is.

Hold it! His Speed stat likely has nothing to do with buffness, since buff characters can be slow (like Raphael) or fast (like Catherine). His Strength would be the most instructive stat toward determining buffness, although HP and Defense can also be relevant.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Ah, so like one of those confusing speed boosting weapons in Fates.

C'mon, it's simple: +5 Speed when initiating, -5 Speed when under attack, -2 Speed/Skill after every combat (excepting Attack stance support), and you can't double at range on even-numbered turns. Just combine it with the effects of your skills, any debuffs, and the enemy's listed weapon, and you're in the clear.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Neat! I've considered taking Hapi down a Wyvern route in a future playthrough. I do have a couple suggestions to possibly improve this build. If you upgrade her Bolt Axe (to Bolt Axe+), she'll gain an extra point of attacking range, thus avoiding counter-attacks from most monsters. Also, you can drop Reason Prowess from her skill set - so long as she's in Wyvern Lord, it does her no favors. Maybe replace it with Death Blow?

Hold it! His Speed stat likely has nothing to do with buffness, since buff characters can be slow (like Raphael) or fast (like Catherine). His Strength would be the most instructive stat toward determining buffness, although HP and Defense can also be relevant.

C'mon, it's simple: +5 Speed when initiating, -5 Speed when under attack, -2 Speed/Skill after every combat (excepting Attack stance support), and you can't double at range on even-numbered turns. Just combine it with the effects of your skills, any debuffs, and the enemy's listed weapon, and you're in the clear.

Yeah I know, Its because this was run that I rushed and didnt learn any other skills. It was for a casual normal run I did that I needed to get thru without any concentration on optimization. In reality if I ever use it foreal, I will get Death blow, darting or axe crit +10. Also yeah funny enough, I was just looking up bolt axe+ today so I can try getting it for my next playthrough xD

5 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

We're not talking about his buffness. It's about whether or nor Anonymous Speed could take Happi in a fight. In which circumstances speed is a central mechanic.

5 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

fATES HAs A GoOD bATtLE sYSTEM.

44 minutes ago, Jotari said:

We're not talking about his buffness. It's about whether or nor Anonymous Speed could take Happi in a fight. In which circumstances speed is a central mechanic.

fATES HAs A GoOD bATtLE sYSTEM.

If were not talking about buffness then Hapi wins lol She is powerful 👀

7 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

It's not about strength. It's about forging bows to the extreme. Bows are the best stat after all.

Especially forged Iron Bows for those strong and reliable curved shots. Anyone and everyone can just trade chain and mow down one enemy at a time with this strategy.