Hello (with a FE3H soundtrack project announcement)

emazur

Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed SRPGs since Shining Force 3 on Saturn and started Fire Emblem back when the Gameboy Advance was still active (all 3 games) and haven't played any FE again until this year  - Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and most recently Three Houses (I bought a Switch just for this one game). Haar was my MVP in Radiant Dawn and Flayn was my favorite character in FE3H (not as a fighter like Haar but as a personality type). I found Serenes Forest earlier this summer when I came across some dialog scripts for POR. I finished FE3H end of October and then got started on my soundtrack project and now I'm back and registered at Serenes Forest.

Concerning the project, it's already done: a 2-CD 48 track 'best of' original & cover community soundtrack mashup. The OST portion is analog recordings from the game. About 20 to 25% of the tracks are covers but the actual playtime is maybe 30 to 40% covers. I made it for myself and am very happy with how it turned out and figured I'd upload it for others in case someone was interested. The goal was finding the sweet spot factoring leanness, quality, and a feeling of completeness.

Only thing left is to make a simple front/back CD cover with track listings and also a readme file with links to the creators of the covers (definitely don't wanna release w/o that readme ready). I was putting together a complete CD booklet with graphics reflecting each track and was gonna integrate the credits info but decided to scrap it b/c it was taking too long. So simple it is - should be ready this weekend. Also I need a place to upload the CD images. If anyone has a suggestion that is anonymous/non-registration (or if you want to volunteer to host/mirror the files) that would be great. 2 disc image files: 564MB and 675MB

(as a preview, a very basic work-in-progress back cover for CD 1 is attached. Track order is fixed but I expect to make several changes to how this looks including graphics not from the stock template. Just gives you an idea of what's to come)

fe3h_WIP_cover.jpg

Thanks everyone. I haven't tried to post in one of the other sub-forums yet but if I'm reading the rules correctly it looks like I won't be allowed (low post count). Any suggestions? I could just post the update here when it's ready and another member could repost elsewhere (if they were satisfied with how the project came out, I suppose). But even posting the completed project here seems like I'd be bending the rules

5 hours ago, emazur said:

Thanks everyone. I haven't tried to post in one of the other sub-forums yet but if I'm reading the rules correctly it looks like I won't be allowed (low post count). Any suggestions? I could just post the update here when it's ready and another member could repost elsewhere (if they were satisfied with how the project came out, I suppose). But even posting the completed project here seems like I'd be bending the rules

I could recommend popping onto an oft-frequented subforum like General Fire Emblem or Three Houses; there are a fair few active threads on both of those, so you could probably find a way to increase your post count.

(Although, make sure that any thread you post on is on the front page of that subforum!)