Favorite Mario Party Rankings.

FailWood

I know that Mario Parties 6 and 7 are both later GameCube games so maybe not many people played them, but seeing them take the bottom two spots is surprising (6 is my favorite Mario Party).  What's more surprising is how high MP 10 is.  Thought more people hated that game (it's one of the only Mario games I've played that I'd call bad).

IMG_20211123_085334386.jpg

I guess I could add my own rankings while I'm at it.

1: Mario Party 6

2: Mario Party 3

3: Mario Party 1

4: Mario Party 7

5: Mario Party 2

6: Mario Party 5

7: Mario Party 8

8: Mario Party 4

9: Mario Party 9

10: Mario Party 10

MP 3 - The best all-around N64 game, minigame and board wise.

MP 2 - Costumes are awesome butthe N64 suffers more slowdown than MP3 (probbably why MP 3 has a cardboard storybook art design)  there's no "fast movement option", Map specific duels/item minigames instead of random are a big problem.

MP 7 - I think it's neck and neck with 6 for best minigames of the gamecube games but my family preferes it because it does win in variety.

MP 4 - Drastically diferent item design (like 80% just mini shroom and mega shroom) Minigame length is all over the place (single hit elimination games that end in less than 5 seconds or epic minute+ games like dungeon duos/hotel mario.  I think the board map play is REALLY good though.

MP 6 - If I wanted "mario party I win the most in" it would be #1 but... MP 6 has like half of its minigames incclude platforming elements, which pretty much biases it way toward a player who plays 3D collectahons (probbably not every member of the family group)... I also think that it basically has only 2 usuable board maps and being the last mario party game where you could duel for stars + the sluggish shroom makes it extra cutrhoat.

MP DS - Solid minigame set

Super - Ability to practice directly while reading the rules insted of seperately hitting R/Z to enter a practice version of the minigame is A+... but the minigame list is VERY short, The alternate modes are fun to try but add too much length to playtime over standard, dice changes are whatever.

MP 5 - I actually really like the minigames in 5, but I think its board maps are the blandest in the series, no matter which theme it is, they ALL have a near identical figure 8 pattern. Family also strongly objects to the "pay money to use your own items" although personally I think the potential to make a "walk of power" on a small loop is more disruptive (because then you get the effects FREE)

MP 1 - This game is surreal and worth experiencing. Highlights include - previously bought stars on becoming chance time spaces (Luigi engine room/wario canyon/DK jungle) leading to a board with like 5 of them, the super tight economy caused by the majority of minigames subtracting money from the losers, and the title screen changing to whichever charather was the winner of the last game.

Never played 8-10, GBA

• 2 weeks later...