LTC help

EnzoFE

I wanna try a Verdant Wind LTC, and need help in terms of how to recruit all the units incredibly fast, I've watched a few LTC's on youtube and they seem to recruit units incredibly quick and I'm not sure if it's from tea times, or a mixture of also doing faculty training. Any responses would be appreciated as it's something I've been wondering about before I try it, as I'd like to recruit all units and do all paralogues when I play it.

Your best shot at recruiting out-of-house units will be getting your support rank up with them. Meals, choir, and tea time can help - but spamming them with gifts doesn't cost any activity points. By B-rank support, the stat and skill rank requirements to recruit them will have fallen dramatically (C and C+ support ranks also progressively reduce requirements). Moreover, even if you haven't trained your Teach in the areas in question, the student may ask to join your class during the school week. Here's a handy guide to the procedure.

There are a handful of exceptions. Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Hubert, and Dedue cannot be recruited under any circumstances. Hilda can, but only if Edelgard is not in your party. Ferdinand and Caspar cannot reach B support with Teach before the timeskip, so they will never ask to join your class during the school week (you must ask them during Explore). Finally, a bit of good news - Sylvain will join your team automatically, if you selected the female avatar.

The aforementioned all applies to students - Faculty units will join easily over the course of the game, assuming your avatar is getting enough levels. If you want to pick up, say, Catherine or Shamir earlier than normal, however, building your support rank with them can ease the level requirement. Oh, and if you have the DLC, the Ashen Wolves will join automatically upon being asked - assuming you completed the Cindered Shadows campaign.

Anyway, none of this has to do explicitly with an LTC playthrough. But it can be useful on any full-recruitment run, LTC or not. Good luck!