Book V Ending Video

TuxedoBird

This is basically three minutes of her going "I did not lose, screw off."

No direct hints for what realm we're going to next outside of maybe the 'strangeness' term she used, but considering we're down to two remaining realms it's pretty much just a coin flip.

Edited by Medeus

Top marks for the voice acting at least. Lisa Reimold hammed that up well. 😄

Trying to pull the morality card on the Summoner is probably going to fall flat though. Eitri isn't wrong in that aspect but you know the Askr Trio are just going to gush on the Summoner and all that cheesiness.

I'm kind of surprised that the animators managed to give Eitri those extra lines on her face to make it crazily evil and scary. I don't know if those extra detailed lines when making it close up supposed to show her actual wrinkles since she's immortal or she was just madly happy?

Since we haven't seen anything besides Eitri, those three Mechanical Things, and the Yellow Clouds. I don't think they really give any hints away on what's going to be happening in Book VI unless if Kiran is expecting something going to be happening in the Afterlife since in Book IV Ending did showed Lif and Thrasir at Freyja's funeral but they were not involved with Fafnir in Book V so far while they did glimpse Reginn's Steam Machine leg from Book V at the end of the video.

Edited by King Marth 64

12 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm kind of surprised that the animators managed to give Eitri those extra lines on her face to make it crazily evil and scary. I don't know if those extra detailed lines when making it close up supposed to show her actual wrinkles since she's immortal or she was just madly happy?

Since we haven't seen anything besides Eitri, those three Mechanical Things, and the Yellow Clouds. I don't think they really give any hints away on what's going to be happen in Book VI unless if Kiran is expecting something going to be happening in the Afterlife since in Book IV Ending did showed Lif and Thrasir at Freyja's funeral but they were not involved with Fafnir in Book V so far.

Yeah I don't think the yellow clouds are a hint to anything.

They used similar scenery with Alfonse and Lifs video long ago.

1 hour ago, TuxedoBird said:

Kind of curious what the glitches in the Matrix are all about. Just straight up techie Vanaheim? Or just to add to the little lady’s fourth wall breaking?

I think for all intents and purposes it's fourth wall breaking. In-world, though, I viewed it has her talking to her eyeball things, which functioned as cameras; so it was like she was "streaming" to the Summoner, despite supposedly talking face-to-face. The glitches came from her switching cameras, or something similar. IDK. I may change my opinion on it the more I view it. 

Eitri really is expressive, huh. It was fun seeing her doing the "But everything went as I desired so I win, you loooose! Hahahahaha!" even though Reginn left the country in Dagr's hands so...

That small part about calling out the summoner was fun. I was like "Yes Eitri, I enjoy having all the FE multiverse Eirikas with me. I'd also like to bring the Goatpocalypse to Askr but it's too expensive, lol". 

Edited by Alexmender

This is pretty cringeworthy, honestly. There's hamming it up, and then there's...that. Eitri just sucks, she fails as a character, in my opinion. It isn't delightfully hammy or cheesy, it isn't menacing, it's just cringe in all the bad ways. And the whole ending video is just three minutes of "WeLl AcShUaLlY i WoN!" No you didn't, Eitri. No you didn't.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

That was fun, and I much prefer her "amoral eldritch horror" view on the Summoner than the usual reactions.

Yeah, this was a lot different to what I expected the ending to be and I appreciate that.

5 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

In-world, though, I viewed it has her talking to her eyeball things, which functioned as cameras; so it was like she was "streaming" to the Summoner, despite supposedly talking face-to-face. The glitches came from her switching cameras, or something similar.

This was my interpretation too.

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

That small part about calling out the summoner was fun. I was like "Yes Eitri, I enjoy having all the FE multiverse Eirikas with me.

Hey, you don't have to drag me down with you!

Seriously though, while her argument ultimately rings hollow since she's a sociopath and we're (hopefully) not, I did like that acknowledgement of how potentially dangerous Summoning is. We've all joked about it ourselves, after all.

Who is this child with extremely, extremely long hair and why did they just release a high budget video of her talking alone for three minutes?
You know, I get why it happened, and that it makes complete sense financially, but I lament that this very, very talented animation studio is stuck on Heroes like that.

6 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Hey, when it comes to screen writing, if you're gonna copy somebody, you may as well copy the best in the biz 

As much as I see the parallels... they just messed up a re-release of GTA3, highlighting that yes, everything ages, not just Shenmue. I declare that it is now time to cut it some slack even though it's likely dead anyway

Snarkiness aside, was the plot of book V actually good? From my understanding book IV was only okay, and I don't remember it getting anything like this.

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Top marks for the voice acting at least. Lisa Reimold hammed that up well. 😄

Trying to pull the morality card on the Summoner is probably going to fall flat though. Eitri isn't wrong in that aspect but you know the Askr Trio are just going to gush on the Summoner and all that cheesiness.

This is basically my take on it, too, especially that bit about the voice acting. Matching those lip flaps so flawlessly (without interrupting the performance) was pretty amazing, especially with how many close ups there were. That said, I do disagree a little bit with Eitri here regarding the morality thing. She literally destroyed the souls of the people she summoned. Kiran may bind heroes by contract in service to his/her whims, but all the heroes are intact and are treated as people while in service, not tools. Also, they all wind up deciding to help out for themselves, according to the FB stuff. So, it's not really comparable.

8 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I think for all intents and purposes it's fourth wall breaking. In-world, though, I viewed it has her talking to her eyeball things, which functioned as cameras; so it was like she was "streaming" to the Summoner, despite supposedly talking face-to-face. The glitches came from her switching cameras, or something similar. IDK. I may change my opinion on it the more I view it. 

Yeah, I figured she was streaming, too, but since her tech is magic-based, I figured she was streaming directly into the summoner's mind. Also, I suppose this confirms that Eitri did actually die. (I figured she did, but there were some doubts floating around the forums.)

As for other things I took from this, I'm glad IS kept her so in-character. Eitri's fanatically devoted to the first king of Nidevellir. This also confirmed what happened back then, rehashing that that while the Jotenar were ruling the Dvergar, the Dvergar were unable to overthrow them because of the stature difference, and had given up on doing so...until the first king of Nidavellir teamed up with Eitri and invented seidjar machinery and managed to break away from them.

Oh, and that's something I thought about during the last chapter: Eitri technically won. So did we, kind of, but Eitri won more than we did. Eitri's whole goal was a future for Nidavellir, until she discovered that Reginn was the heir to the king Eitri admired so much. Then her goal became for Reginn to be safe and to rule Nidavellir. That goal was achieved, even though Reginn's taking a sabbatical for now, destroyed the crown, and swore that Eitri's influence would end in Nidavellir. Eitri didn't care about her influence -- she cared about the first king's progeny continuing to rule Nidavellir. Eitri actually had admirable goals. She just sucked at picking her methods to achieve them. Meanwhile, Reginn's aim was to live peacefully with her brothers again. Reginn's goal actually was not realized at the end of the book (and, since we were trying to help her with that, that's one strike against our own goals.) Instead, she began fulfilling Eitri's wishes because she didn't really have a choice. Now, all the Askrans wanted were two things: first, to get Nidavellir to stop attacking them. That goal was achieved. Second, to revert Otr and Fafnir back to normal (and if possible, to reunite Reginn with them, but that's already been covered.) That was a little less than half-achieved. Otr never recovered, and though Fafnir did regain his right mind, he never got to be sent back to his original home. So, Reginn lost almost completely, Askr achieved most of what it wanted (but only a little more than half) and Eitri got everything she was really aiming for. All the other goals she had (summoning, making the gate-destroying weapon, having Nidavellir take over the world) were just efforts to achieve her actual goal: preserving the first king's legacy. And with Reginn as Nidavellir's ruler, healthy and able, Eitri's ultimate goal was actually realized in an almost ideal way. My guess is that the only way Eitri would have been happier with the results is if Reginn still wanted to be Eitri's friend, and if Eitri lived to continue to serve her, but these would have only been cherries on top of the ice cream. What mattered most to Eitri actually did come about, so she really did win. Not in a "I win, you lose" way, but in a "what I wanted happened" way.

Anyway, the tiny, long-lived, magical inventor said that what's coming up for the summoner is "strangeness." So, yeah, must be pretty strange. Will Kiran go on a spirit walk or something? I don't see how things can get much trippier than Book 4.

This also confirmed that Eitri has pigtails.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Who is this child with extremely, extremely long hair and why did they just release a high budget video of her talking alone for three minutes?
You know, I get why it happened, and that it makes complete sense financially, but I lament that this very, very talented animation studio is stuck on Heroes like that.

As much as I see the parallels... they just messed up a re-release of GTA3, highlighting that yes, everything ages, not just Shenmue. I declare that it is now time to cut it some slack even though it's likely dead anyway

Snarkiness aside, was the plot of book V actually good? From my understanding book IV was only okay, and I don't remember it getting anything like this.

Book IV got an ending video with Plumeria, Triandra, and Lif.

"I'm sure you have perfectly valid reasons"

- Well, yeah... I kinda do! I want to summon all Hectors, Edelgards, the Jotun sisters and other cool characters and make them all kill each others instead of sleeping! Isn't that a goo enough reason???

11 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Eitri really is expressive, huh. It was fun seeing her doing the "But everything went as I desired so I win, you loooose! Hahahahaha!" even though Reginn left the country in Dagr's hands so...

That small part about calling out the summoner was fun. I was like "Yes Eitri, I enjoy having all the FE multiverse Eirikas with me. I'd also like to bring the Goatpocalypse to Askr but it's too expensive, lol". 

Oh, yeah! she was playing xanatos gambit all along, even if she would probably prefer to not have dying to be able to stay at Reggin's side (and after Reggin's death, being able to keep guaranteeing the royal line to prevail) she eventually kind ofwon anyway, we stoped her but she "won"

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

(too long)

Yeah, the heroes even have the option to leave if they want, its not like they were stuck in Askr, so we're really not like Eitri. And well, yeah, Eitri won for now, but I belive that what Reggin did by destroying the crown was a way of telling Eitri that the Nidavellir royal line won't necessarily continue in the power forever (it would have been pretty cool if Reggin had decided to implant some kind of democracy or council in Nidavellir after her "mandate" ended), and putting Dagr as provisory queen was kinda of a way to show that too, Reggin didn't even chose someone from Nidavellir to rule it for her (I would like to have seen Eitri's reaction to that though), so Eitri won by getting Reggin to eventually be the queen but for now someone from another place is on the throne so for her it should be as bad as having Fafnir being the king. Also, if Reggin happens to not have children, then Eitri will lose too, for good, she lose as soon as the royal line ends, thats why I think that Reggin should have decided to do a council/turn Nidavellir into a democracy, because this would really have caused Eitri to lose. But in the end, Eitri died without knowing any of this, she only knows that Reggin would become the queen after their battle, so for her, she won (actually, she really won since reggin will assume the throne as the queen in some time anyway, specially if she has children in the future to become the heirs so... Oh, well). Also, good point about us (specially Reggin) losing too.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Is that Morgana's voice actress?

No, Eitri does not have Morgana's voice actress in either Japanese or English.

Her Japanese voice actress (Minami Takayama) is also Pit and Dark Pit if that means anything to you. Her English one (Lisa Reimold) hasn't done that much else outside of FEH (only has 15 credits on IMDB).

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Book IV got an ending video with Plumeria, Triandra, and Lif.

I did watch it back then. What I mean is that this felt... different to me. Last time, several characters, considerably less dialogue, music, things happening. Shorter length too. Then a tease of Book V. This on the other hand, felt like the conclusion of a 80 hours long RPG. Made me wonder if they went for something weird, or if book V took the plot in another direction and this is completely appropriate.

My question was genuine, I won't really know if you guys don't want to tell me. Well, maybe I will eventually.

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

I did watch it back then. What I mean is that this felt... different to me. Last time, several characters, considerably less dialogue, music, things happening. Shorter length too. Then a tease of Book V. This on the other hand, felt like the conclusion of a 80 hours long RPG. Made me wonder if they went for something weird, or if book V took the plot in another direction and this is completely appropriate.

My question was genuine, I won't really know if you guys don't want to tell me. Well, maybe I will eventually.

I'm not sure how to answer the question. Book V had the standard 13-chapter structure, it was a bit complicated with different villains with different goals and Eitri staying in the background for a long time but I wouldn't say it ended up noticeably better or worse than the others.

11 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Well, since I replayed through most of Book 5 yesterday and wrote a hypothetical version of it for...I don't know how many hours yesterday, I can probably run the book down for you if that's what you're asking for. So, here you go: FEH Book 5 Abridged:

Askr gets attacked out of nowhere by an entire army that can teleport, they go to investigate and meet Reginn: a girl in a mech. She says she's here to conquer Askr and kidnap the summoner. She seems to hesitate during combat and the Askrans notice this before she retreats. She and her forces appear again from the north via teleportation again, the Askrans fight her again and beat her again. She turns out to be a crybaby, the Askrans ask her what's up. She tells them that she doesn't want all the violence and that ever since her eldest brother (Fafnir) became king, he's been different, having used to have been super nice but now he's a tyrant who's off conquering all the other countries when really, their own country (Nidavellir) has been in turmoil for a long time and could really stand for a break from the violence. She just wants her bros back and to be a family again. The Askrans figure they should help her out and go with her to investigate this. Also, Reginn technically committed treason by joining up with the Askrans. They go to a hut in the woods where a sage named Eitri lives (Reginn doesn't bother correcting Sharena when Sharena starts guessing that Eitri is an old man because he's a sage even though Reginn has seen Eitri around the castle, though she's never talked to her, herself, before.) There are traps all around in the woods, too, but most Dverger (people of Nidavellir) don't go into the woods. These are defensive traps meant to protect Eitri's workshop ("the sanctum.") Otr (Reginn's older brother, Fafnir's younger, and worshipper devoted loyalist to Fafnir) realizes that the Askrans are not going toward Nidavellir Castle, and are instead heading over to Eitri's. He goes to intercept, and confronts them. Reginn tells him about her change of heart and how she wants to stop Fafnir, figure out what made him change so drastically, and for all three of them to be a family again. (On the way, she explained that Otr and she are related by blood, but Fafnir adopted them when they were little, and before he battled his way to becoming king and filled the power void, since the last rulers were killed when Reginn was just a baby. She and Otr lived as orphans in poverty before Fafnir found them and took them in. Fafnir also doesn't remember his past -- the earliest he remembers is waking up on a battlefield, and no one had ever come to claim him as family even once his name was out there.) Otr calls Reginn a traitor and fights the Askrans, disowning Reginn. (It was Otr's idea to invade Askr, and he was the one who assigned the job to Reginn, as is revealed in a conversation between Otr and Fafnir.) Otr is driven off and he reports in to Fafnir who doesn't seem to care one iota. Dude also has horrible headaches all the time and is always cruel and heartless in his outlook, as well as severely distracted and not entirely sane. He also winds up going to confront the Askrans and he's actually not able to be harmed. Eitri shows up and teleports everyone away, leaving Fafnir behind. At her hut now, we learn about how the crown he wears is the source of his strength, and how there's a sword out there of equal strength that we need to get in order to beat him. However, it was given as a peace offering to the Jotunar (giants) early on in Fafnir's rein, and it was actually Otr's idea in order to avoid a conflict with Jotunheimr (giant land.) So, we send word ahead to the giants asking for help, and on the way, we learn that they've been ruled by queens for generations. When we arrive, we run into Dagr: one of the princesses. She's cheerful, but also tries to kill us in order to prove that she's stronger than her twin sister, Nott (who was the one we received word from that we could come over.) Turns out, there's a succession issue going on, as the current queen told her twin daughters that whoever was stronger would be the next queen. Dagr hadn't wanted to compete against Nott, but Nott was adamant that they needed to in order to ensure that their country's next queen was the strongest possible. So, Nott began acting like a jerk and annoyed Dagr enough that Dagr decided that she wanted to beat Nott and become the next queen. So, we go to the castle to meet Nott, but Dagr points out that on the way over, she noticed that all the fortresses were empty, and accuses Nott of tricking the Askrans. Nott confirms this, saying she'd hoped to just decapitate everyone in their sleep. Combat ensues. During the fighting, Nott kidnaps the summoner and takes the magic sword (Gramr) with her. Turns out, she's working for Otr, who seduced her (as she apparently falls for guys with faces she likes VERY EASILY.) Dagr comes with us to try to stop Nott and help us get the summoner and the sword back. We make it to Nott's hideout, and Otr tells her to stop us while he takes Gramr and the summoner to Eitri's. The group beats Nott and she tells us about what happened, Dagr tells Nott that Otr used her, and as an apology, Nott offers to help us out. The group also realizes that Eitri was probably using us. Otr delivers the summoner to Eitri, who is trying to craft a divine weapon that can destroy gates, and also wants to summon people like we can. Otr basically works for her, but he is very keen on her finishing that gate-breaking weapon. (Nott also tells the group about this, which concerns Alfonse, but Reginn says that she thinks Otr wants the weapon for some reason other than conquering Askr.) Turns out, Eitri just needs THE SUMMONER'S SOUL in order to get everything working right. The group attacks, and Otr really wants Eitri to hurry up with finishing the weapon. She sends out heroes she'd summoned with a faulty copy of the summon gun she'd invented a long time ago. Otr also goes out to try to stall the Askrans. However, the Askrans defeat him and forge their way to Eitri's place, where they confront her. She admits to using them, and to being the one to summon those heroes from earlier. The heroes were "failures" because THEIR SOULS WERE DESTROYED IN THE PROCESS OF SUMMONING THEM. She doesn't really care, either; it's just part of the job: trial and error. In the end, the Askrans rescue the summoner, but Otr and Eitri escape with the magic sword. Then Peony (from Book 4) shows up and warns them that Fafnir has made it to Askr castle. They rush off to save the queen. Fafnir, meanwhile, feels drawn to one of the gates in Askr and demands that Henriette (the queen) opens it. She refuses. Alfonse and friends show up to try to defend the queen, and they manage to defeat Fafnir. Even knocked out, though, they can't remove the crown from him because it can only be removed by the wearer, or if the wearer dies. Reginn pleads for Fafnir to be spared, and so he's just locked up. The Askrans then spend some time cleaning up after the invasion. Reginn mentions to Anna that she'd like to go to the Tower of Nidavellir to look for clues about Fafnir since that's where kings perform an ascension rite, but things are too busy at the moment and she doesn't want to cause any more trouble for the Askrans. Then there's an attack on a border village, so everyone goes to save them. Afterwards, Nott offers to make a meal for everyone as an apology for helping Otr earlier. Stuffed with good food, everyone falls asleep pretty quick, and Reginn sneaks off by herself to the tower. After waking up, everyone realizes that Reginn is gone and go after her since the tower is guarded. The group catches up with Reginn at the tower and Reginn talks about how she heard voices on the way up the hill the tower is on, but no one else heard anything. The doors also will not open for anyone not of the bloodline of the first king of Nidavellir. The summoner finds something on the ground as the group is entering, since the doors open for Reginn, but she figures the only reason why the doors open is because the kings of old is letting them in. Inside are portraits of great minds of the past, as well as their names. There's an altar where an offering is supposed to be placed by the new king, but Fafnir's offering isn't there. Turns out the thing the summoner found in the bushes outside was the offering. Fafnir came by himself before, but Otr also came here later when Fafnir began getting those violent headaches. The group figures that, unable to enter the tower (which you need to have the crown for and be from Nidavellir), Fafnir tossed the offering aside, and when Otr came, he hid the offering in the bushes, having seen that Fafnir never entered the tower. Since Fafnir had the crown but still couldn't enter the tower, then the Askrans came to the conclusion that he couldn't have been from Nidavellir. Reginn kept hearing voices talk to her in the tower. Then everyone was under attack, and the foes kept coming. They saw Bruno cut through the foes and come to them asking for help because Embla was under attack by Nidavellir and he was worried that Veronica wouldn't be able to hold out. They agreed to go help, siting how Veronica had actually been helpful to them recently, so they would treat her as they would any other ally. Eitri was watching and realized that Reginn was of the original royal line, and that Otr had known this but kept it from her. She laughed at it, though. TIME TO BACK TRACK A LITTLE. After everyone left to go after Reginn who went to the tower, Loki showed up in Fafnir's cell, saying she'd free him if he'd do something for her. She freed him, he went back to Nidavellir Castle, and told Otr that their next target would be Embla. During the fighting in Embla (which the Askrans had joined by then, helping Veronica and Bruno out in its defense), Fafnir entered a blood ritual place, where a copy of the summon gun was being held. Turns out, this was Eitri's copy of the summon gun, as she hadn't been able to use it for 5 years (the half-dead heroes we fought by her place had been summoned 5 years before, not recently.) Loki had taken it from Eitri because she wanted to play with it, but she was discovered and the summon gun copy was stored here in this place which was warded so that Loki couldn't enter it. Now that Fafnir had broken in, Loki appeared and explained all this to him. He began demanding who this one guy from his memories were, but Loki said she didn't know and that he should instead ask someone who could actually answer him. He went off and told Otr that they were pulling out. Otr was confused, but obeyed. Meanwhile, Loki destroyed the fake summon gun, noting that Eitri aimed too high and that it was against Alfador's will for anyone to have this much power (or something to that effect.) Fafnir went to confront Eitri and Eitri went ahead and admitted that she was the man who had summoned Fafnir to this world. He came without his memories, so he was a failure, but she was impressed that he maintained his sanity (unlike all the others) and had discovered this much on his own, let alone managed to become king. In fact, she had been around since the founding of the country, and she'd managed to gain the power to maintain her spirit when her body died, and then take over another body, thus having stayed around for this long. That was why she didn't look like the guy who summoned him anymore. Also, I don't remember exactly when it was said, but the crown was never meant to be worn by someone who wasn't from the first king's bloodline, and it steadily destroys the mind and body of the wearer if you're not from said bloodline. Eitri invented it a long time ago in order to prevent anyone else from taking over the country. Anyway, Eitri did a thing to Fafnir now that he knew the truth and while all this was going on, Reginn fainted. According to the Askrans, the shock of everything finally caught up to her, and she now had a fever. Several days later, she woke up. Still no sign of her brothers, but everyone had been searching. There was bad news from Nidavellir, though. They went back to find that even the capital was in flames, and destruction was everywhere. Some of the injured on the ground said that there was a monster around. It was a gears dragon: what Fafnir had been turned into by wearing the crown for too long, and he now had the mind of a beast. Otr defended him from the Askrans, refusing to let them harm him and he REALLY doesn't want Fafnir reverting, since even though he's like this, at least Otr doesn't have to worry about Fafnir leaving him behind by returning to where he originally came from. Otr fought until he was about ready to die, even. Then, as he lay on the ground, totally beat up (seriously, he has at least 3 maps you have to beat him on. The guy gives it his all.) he goes on a tirade about how he'd always wanted Reginn dead and tells the story of how his family was taken in by the royals because they thought his family looked like them and might be distantly related. However, they actually weren't, and his parents were used by a coup d'eat. He, himself, let the killers in and showed them to the royal family. They killed the king and queen, but tiny Otr managed to grab baby Reginn and escape, not really knowing what else to do. He took care of Reginn until they were both taken in by Fafnir. Otr accused Reginn of always having everything Otr ever wanted without having to work for it. Reginn took Gramr from Otr, and even in his injured state, Otr ran to dragon Fafnir. In his last moments, he bade Fafnir hold him once more, like when Otr was a child. Dragon Fafnir killed him. Then, Reginn had to use Grammr to kill Fafnir. The crown came off of Fafnir and, dying, Fafnir regained his true self, including memories from his life before being summoned. He did his best to console and reassure Reginn. He also talked about his wife and daughter in the other world, and how in that world, he was just a soldier in a small kingdom. He told Reginn that she and Otr were just as much his real family as they were. Then, he died. After that, they went after Eitri, who was in the castle. Eitri basically talked over the magic PA system after their first confrontation in the castle because she didn't actually want to fight Reginn. She revealed who she really was, and that all the great inventors of the past were actually her, revealing her age and body-swapping power. She was in despair when she thought that the first king's line was gone. (Oh, also, she got this body-jumping power from Loki, who was an old friend of hers.) She was an admirer of the first king. At first, she just wanted Nidavellir to conquer the world and become the greatest there was, since that was all she had left of him. But then she found out that Reginn was of his blood, and so now she just wants Reginn to be queen. Reginn was still mad at Eitri and decided that she must be stopped. So, final battle, and Reginn kills Eitri, who dissolves into ash. Reginn then breaks the crown, wanting Eitri's influence to be completely taken out of Nidavellir. She also decides that she's not ready to rule yet, and so she goes with the Askrans and Dagr (oh right, Nott died, too, during the fight in the castle since dragon Fafnir was going to kill Reginn, but Reginn wasn't ready to confront him yet, and Nott took the attack.), who is now going to become the queen of her own country, decides she'll ask her mom if she can gain some experience by ruling Nidavellir while Reginn's with the Order of Heroes. So, that happens and the book ends and then this movie plays, with Eitri talking to the summoner.

The End.

58 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Turns out, this was Eitri's copy of the summon gun, as she hadn't been able to use it for 5 years

Have we actually been in Askr for that long? Or did the relic exist before or something?

Thanks for the writeup in any case, I think it was just detailed enough. Although... it doesn't feel like Eitri was primarily antagonistic or anything? If it's exclusively the crown that transformed Fafnir(that yes, she cursed it but didn't put it on his head), that is. Yes, "killing" people through summoning sucks, but that doesn't feel like the focus here. Also it took place way before this part of the story.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure how to answer the question. Book V had the standard 13-chapter structure, it was a bit complicated with different villains with different goals and Eitri staying in the background for a long time but I wouldn't say it ended up noticeably better or worse than the others.

A'ight, that does answer my question too. Thanks!

Edited by Cysx

22 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Have we actually been in Askr for that long? Or did the relic exist before or something?

Thanks for the writeup in any case, I think it was just detailed enough. Although... it doesn't feel like Eitri was primarily antagonistic or anything? If it's exclusively the crown that transformed Fafnir(that yes, she cursed it but didn't put it on his head), that is. Yes, "killing" people through summoning sucks, but that doesn't feel like the focus here. Also it took place way before this part of the story.

The summon gun existed before the summoner came to Askr (in fact, Anna performed a rite using the summon gun in order to summon the summoner, as per Book 1 chapter 1 part 1), but Eitri was trying to create it before the summoner appeared, as per my understanding. Fafnir himself appeared while Reginn and Otr were still young, so Eitri has been working on this for over a decade, maybe even much longer than a decade.

As for Eitri's evil-ness, she not only killed people and destroyed souls on a whim without any remorse, she also intentionally manipulated almost everyone in Book 5, and was the mastermind behind all the bad stuff that was happening. She was helping Otr keep Fafnir away from his true home and wear away his mind in the process, she's the one who turned Fafnir into a dragon (as per the Book 5 midpoint movie), she kidnapped the summoner and was going to extract his/her soul for the purpose of being able to summon people herself. She also didn't exactly curse the crown -- she invented it. She's the one who put in the feature of it destroying anyone not of the one specific bloodline she liked, and she's the one who orchestrated Nidavellir's conquest of the world, even at the expense of the people of Nidavellir, who were conscripted into service and didn't even have enough to eat. Now, her goals were fine. It's her methods that are terrible.

Anyway, that's the best answer I can put together right now. I may not be representing this well enough, but if you're able to, it may be easier for you to just play through the chapters yourself. It doesn't actually take that long if you're just playing for story and start after the last chapter's been released (which it has been at this point.)

11 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

The summon gun existed before the summoner came to Askr (in fact, Anna performed a rite using the summon gun in order to summon the summoner, as per Book 1 chapter 1 part 1), but Eitri was trying to create it before the summoner appeared, as per my understanding. Fafnir himself appeared while Reginn and Otr were still young, so Eitri has been working on this for over a decade, maybe even much longer than a decade.

As for Eitri's evil-ness, she not only killed people and destroyed souls on a whim without any remorse, she also intentionally manipulated almost everyone in Book 5, and was the mastermind behind all the bad stuff that was happening. She was helping Otr keep Fafnir away from his true home and wear away his mind in the process, she's the one who turned Fafnir into a dragon (as per the Book 5 midpoint movie), she kidnapped the summoner and was going to extract his/her soul for the purpose of being able to summon people herself. She also didn't exactly curse the crown -- she invented it. She's the one who put in the feature of it destroying anyone not of the one specific bloodline she liked, and she's the one who orchestrated Nidavellir's conquest of the world, even at the expense of the people of Nidavellir, who were conscripted into service and didn't even have enough to eat. Now, her goals were fine. It's her methods that are terrible.

Anyway, that's the best answer I can put together right now. I may not be representing this well enough, but if you're able to, it may be easier for you to just play through the chapters yourself. It doesn't actually take that long if you're just playing for story and start after the last chapter's been released (which it has been at this point.)

Riiight, the whole conquering of the world was her plan as well. Also I should really have rewatched the other cgi before saying that.
Frankly I think you did great. That was just a lot to absorb at once is all.

15 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Riiight, the whole conquering of the world was her plan as well. Also I should really have rewatched the other cgi before saying that.
Frankly I think you did great. That was just a lot to absorb at once is all.

Oh, good! I'm glad it was helpful. And thanks for the compliment. 🙂

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Matching those lip flaps so flawlessly (without interrupting the performance) was pretty amazing, especially with how many close ups there were.

That's actually a win for the animation team: they make a separate version for the English dub of their voiced scenes. The best example apart from this is likely the "Lif and Alfonse" scene from Book III. I agree that the voice acting itself was excellent though.

I don't see how things can get much trippier than Book 4.

Yeah, I still remember everyone's sheer surprise at the reveal trailer xD

Still, the only realms left are the two divine ones, so if anything was going to be weirder than Book 4 it'd be them. Especially since the Norse Gods themselves got up to some... interesting stuff in their spare time.

This also confirmed that Eitri has pigtails.

The biggest reveal of them all.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

No, Eitri does not have Morgana's voice actress in either Japanese or English.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who wondered this.

And as a number of you have said, I do like that Eitri got what she wanted, not counting how the path there was insanely roundabout.