Legendary Eitri & Mythic Thórr!

Diovani Bressan

Well, I didn't expect that...

Eitri: Youthful Sage is a Fire Legendary Hero with the Pair Up ability (so Ótr is a Mythic and this girl who lived for many many years is not), meanwhile Thórr: War God is a Astra Mythic that boost allies's Def and grants extra unit slot (poor Loki).

The others heroes are:

• Green: Eitri, Thórr, Dagr
  • Red: Legendary Sigurd, Plumeria, Múspell
  • Blue: Legendary Dimitri, Nótt, Fallen Dimitri
  • Colorless: Legendary Corrin, Bramimond, Legendary Micaiah.
Edited by Diovani Bressan

On 11/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, Florete said:

Since everyone is guessing Eitri/Fafnir, I'm gonna go out on a limb and instead guess Eitri + Thorr.

Bam!

Eitri is a legendary though, whoa.

Thorr's kit looks kind of bonkers.

Well, I guess Fafnir is just getting a seasonal and possibly a Fallen alt at most. I'm honestly not convinced about the latter since they never used Gustav as a Fallen Hero. It's honestly bizarre that they chose to skip Fafnir instead of Otr (though they probably wished that they skipped Otr too after his banner predictably bombed).

And since Thorr is an Astra Mythic, I wonder if the Book VI freebie is actually the next Dark Mythic?

Honestly, I think a part of me suspected this might happen when Thorr suddenly got story relevance in the TT+.

Obligatory IS hates guys.

I don't really care about Eitri that much, since I don't care enough for Arena. But I would like Thorr, and not only to have her as bonus mythic. Her C skill is very useful. I usually run Summer Hilda in my Astra team to grant the "breath" effect to allies. But now, Thorr can do that. And also merges for Dagr too!

I am summoning for sure.

Also, I really hope we get 2 battle maps. Different from last year, with Freyja & Triandra, there is no sense in having a single map shared by Eitri & Thorr... but I already expect one map...

Yeah, Eitri is not at all shocking. Thorr isn't really all that shocking either, honestly. If it wasn't gonna be Fafnir, it was gonna be her. The real question that this brings is: Will December give us a Mythic, or a Legendary? Since we're getting both here, which will they finish the year off with?

I'm very curious how the Legendary/Mythic Hero Battle is going to play out from this selection. Freyja and Triandra had the excuses of being allies and Mythics when they were grouped into the same battle, but Eitri and Thórr have neither.

Anyway, not rolling. I might've reconsidered if Gatekeeper had taken that third Green spot, but I have no interest in Dagr or Thórr outside of fodder, and I'm not playing chicken with that pitybreak minefield for Eitri's sake.

Edited by Some Jerk

This banner seems ridiculous.  I don't have Muspell or L!Sigurd, and Thor's C Slot is going to be excellent support...

The usual translation things:

Eitri's epithet, "Youthful Sage", is "幼き賢者" (osanaki kenja), "Young Sage" or "Child-like Sage".

Grim Brokkr is "魔銃ブロック" (majū burokku), "Magic Gun, Brokkr".

Divine Recreation is "それは興味深いね" (sore wa kyōmi bukai ne), "Well, isn't that interesting?"

Thorr's epithet, "War God", is "戦神" (ikusagami or senjin), "God of War".

War-God Mjolnir is "神槌ミョルニル" (shintsui myoruniru), "Divine Hammer, Mjolnir".

Flow Guard is "怒涛・キャンセル" (dotō: kyanseru), "Surging Waves: Cancel". "キャンセル" (kyanseru), "Cancel", is the Japanese name of the Guard skill. "怒涛" (dotō), "Surging Waves", is the name of the skill series and grants the offensive half of Null Follow-Up on player phase. Compare with Flow Refresh, "怒涛・再起" (dotō: saiki), "Surging Waves: Recovery".

Worldbreaker is "神槌大地を穿つ" (shintsui daichi o ugatsu), "The Divine Hammer Pierces the Land".

Neat.

• Eitri probably took over the body of a Legendary Fire hero the last time she transplanted her will into a body or something.
    As to Eitri as a unit, her default kit certainly has some bulk to it. Divine Recreation and Grim Bokkr together inflict -10/-4/-4/-10 on the enemy, reduce the damage of their first attack by 30%, and then Eitri gets the reduced damage as her own damage. That being just her prf skills, she certainly has a good level of bulk on her.
  • Thorr not only brings Worldbreaker to the table, but Flow Guard as well? Interesting. Can Flow Guard trump Flow Refresh on bulky units, I dunno but it will be interesting to see it in practice. Worldbreaker not needing anyone be near Thorr to trigger it for herself is appreciated.
    Thorr herself has proven to be deadly to Armor units already, so giving her what amounts to a guaranteed Special Trigger every combat should basically mean the world is screwed with her on the field. All she needs otherwise is Distant Stance (or a theoretical Distant Reversal) and she'll be golden.
  • Pretty much every focus unit here is good. About the shakiest is Dagr, if and only in my own opinion because Ullr feels better as an offensive Light mythic who permits an additional unit slot, but every other unit is good.

Yeah, Eitri being a legendary hero is a bit surprising (she's not exactly your standard mortal), sort of like how Surtr was a regular hero. Like, why is Eitri not Astra or Anima? Anima in particular feels like it would fit her, but...okay.

Further, I was really looking forward to Fafnir, so I'm tempted to skip this banner just out of that. That said, Green is delightfully themed, and I don't have any of them, and I do like Dagr and Thorr. So, I may pull a little bit, hoping for Dagr. Then again, maybe I should wait until she's lined up with Otr or Thrasir since I actually want those two more. But wow, Thorr's voice surprised me! I didn't expect it to be that low. I was thinking it would be something more like Titania's.

This timing is weird, though, and has been since the new Laegjarn came out. It feels like the unit releases are ahead of the story. Like, for the next TT+, Laegjarn develops a bond with Fjorm (based on her unit quotes), and Thorr loses the bet with Loki, and Loki tells Thorr that because she lost the bet, she has to assist the summoner/Askr in their defense against Alfador (making her available as a summonable unit.) If for no other reason, Loki wants to mess with those twilit runes and see how many prophesies she can thwart, and this is a good way to do that. After all, if one prophesy failed, how many more might? Seriously, this isn't lined up nicely at all. If you ask me, they should have released Fafnir instead of Thorr, if only for the continuity of the TT+ Fire and Ice story. But, I don't own any rights to this game, so IS can do whatever IS wants to. It just feels a little ridiculous, like they're going out of their way to ignore what few male characters they have. Otr was a nice change of pace, but I didn't like the other green units next to him, so I decided to wait until a more opportune time. PLUS, as I recall, I was saving up for someone else, or I'd already destroyed my orb stockpile. Otherwise, I would have pulled for him.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. We'll see if I go for these Book 5 green ladies at all. I do still need R Tome Valor, after all...

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Thorr not only brings Worldbreaker to the table, but Flow Guard as well? Interesting. Can Flow Guard trump Flow Refresh on bulky units, I dunno but it will be interesting to see it in practice. Worldbreaker not needing anyone be near Thorr to trigger it for herself is appreciated.
Thorr herself has proven to be deadly to Armor units already, so giving her what amounts to a guaranteed Special Trigger every combat should basically mean the world is screwed with her on the field. All she needs otherwise is Distant Stance (or a theoretical Distant Reversal) and she'll be golden.

Thorr is a flying unit without a built-in Iote's Shield, so I personally wouldn't bother with any of the Distant Counter skills. Flow Guard also has no effect on enemy phase, and she's an Astra Mythic, so avoiding combat on enemy phase is easier than if she were controlled by the AI.

Personally, I'd run

Thorr [+Atk]
War-God Mjolnir
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky
Sturdy Impact
Flow Guard 3
Worldbreaker
Atk/Def Solo 3

and use her as a Fallen Edelgard and Save ball counter. Flow Guard shuts down Edelgard's Bonfire and Wary Fighter, and Worldbreaker guarantees that you'll land Ruptured Sky on the second attack. You won't get effective damage against Brave Hector, but any build not running Hardy Fighter should probably still die to her high Atk and weapon triangle advantage.

It might alternatively be worth running something like Surge Sparrow + Atk/Spd Solo just to double Brave Hector if Hardy Fighter rises in popularity.

This is a pretty stacked banner. Was not expecting Thorr, but that C-Skill looks real spicy for some support shenanigans, especially since I don't have B!Lucina. Still aiming for Bramimond though.

Congrats to those who called it being Eitri and Thorr! I'd really love to go for both of them, but the New Heroes banner takes priority, depending on the game the new heroes come from.* Granted, I have enough orbs for a decent pull on this banner and to Spark on the New Heroes one, but I really want to start stockpiling for the next CYL banner and all of the summer stuff I couldn't get to this year. This past year cut it too close for comfort IMO, and I'd rather not risk that again. 

*Awakening and TMS and all-but-guaranteed banners to pull from. Three Houses, Genealogy, Blazing Sword and Binding Blade are also likely, depending on who's on the banner. (I WILL PULL FOR SAUL NO MATTER WHAT.) Sacred Stones has a lower priority at this time; and the Tellius games, Fates, and everything else are all a pass from me.

For reference, the raw enemy-only stat lines for Thorr and Eitri:

Thorr (Axe Flying)
HP 40, Atk 44, Spd 19, Def 41, Res 34, BST 178

Eitri (Green Tome Flying)
HP 37, Atk 41, Spd 29, Def 30, Res 31, BST 168

As usual, these stat lines may or may not get slight changes (the previous NPC enemy to playable character, Ascended Fjorm, received no changes to her stat line). 

Edited by Tybrosion

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The usual translation things:

Worldbreaker is "神槌大地を穿つ" (shintsui daichi o ugatsu), "The Divine Hammer Pierces the Land".

Okay, that sounds way too similar to a certain voiced line from a certain fan game...

I was surprised to see Thórr over Fáfnir, but I guess there's at least two good reasons (in IntSys's eyes) for the decision.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thorr is a flying unit without a built-in Iote's Shield, so I personally wouldn't bother with any of the Distant Counter skills. Flow Guard also has no effect on enemy phase, and she's an Astra Mythic, so avoiding combat on enemy phase is easier than if she were controlled by the AI.

Now that we're getting "Distant Counter Plus" skills, I wonder if at some point we'll get a flier-specific one with Iote's Shield.